Lufthansa

"definitely recommend Lufthansa"

Trip Verified | One of the best airlines I have flown. I started my journey in Seattle and travelled to Zurich via Frankfurt, Germany. I had flown with them a couple of times before, all positive experiences, and I was looking up to my flights. The ground staff were excellent, although I was a little disappointed to find out that Seattle Airport doesn’t offer any bag wrapping options. The ground staff was very friendly and helpful. After I checked in my bag, I headed to the lounge. Although it was crowded and not Lufthansa’s own lounge, it was a great lounge. The seats were very comfy, WI-FI was fast, food was good, and the staff was very friendly. Boarding started on time and in the correct order. Boarding went very smooth, and as soon as I boarded, I was welcomed to the purser. The food was great and seat very comfortable. I slept great and enjoyed my meals. Lufthansa’s staff is outstanding. A man sitting next to me was very inpatient and kept complain about the fact that the person behind him got his meal first even though he had a higher status. I would have already stopped serving, but the crew kept smiling and putting up with his moaning. My flight was great and I would definitely recommend it. After I landed in Frankfurt, I had a 4 hour layover until my connection to Zurich, but it went great and very smooth. As I was very tired, I headed to the lounge to rest, but after the lounge staff saw I was almost sleeping in my seat, they offered me a bedroom with a shower. The bed was perfect and the room looked like a 4-star hotel. The shower was outstanding and I was impressed with the service. After my rest, I headed to my connecting flight to Zurich. This flight also went very smooth and the food was great. After I landed, I accidentally forgot my iPhone on the plane, but before I had even noticed I left it, the flight attendant came running through the terminal to give it to me, I was amazed. My bag was the first one to come out in the baggage claim, which was very nice. Overall, I would definitely recommend Lufthansa.
AircraftBoeing 747-400 / A320-200
RouteSeattle to Zurich via Frankfurt
Date FlownMay 2018

"outside position with bus"

Trip Verified | Geneva to Frankfurt operated by Air Nostrum, hope service of engines is better than that of the seats (see attached foto!) Departure was 75 min late and outside position with bus from as far as possible.
RouteGeneva to Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2018

"attendants were professional"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Washington. Very efficient ground staff. Comfortable flight with standard service, meals and entertainment. Didn't experience anything special during the journey. Flight attendants were professional. It was a full flight with a enough lavatories in Economy so no one was waiting too long. Although an older 747, it felt newer than when I flew it back in 2010!
RouteFrankfurt to Washington

"comfortable seats"

Trip Verified | Beirut to Frankfurt. Late departure without any announcements by ground staff. Full flight with a good meal served. Flight attendants were friendly. Aircraft was relatively new with comfortable seats.
AircraftA-321
RouteBeirut to Frankfurt
Date FlownMay 2018

"take this great service again"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Lisbon via Munich. A super crew with a very charming purser made the two flights to a special experience. The service on the short flight from Berlin to Munich was already excellent, the breakfast varied and delicious. On the flight from Munich to Lisbon we were really spoiled. First there was an Aperitif and nuts. Then a very nice, multi-page menu with the topic asparagus season was distributed. From this one could choose between three different main courses. Our chosen main course, the appetizer, the salad and the dessert were very delicious. After lunch we got a bar of bourbon vanilla chocolate (50 grams) from the Dominican Republic. The selection of drinks was very good and the crew served all the drinks until just before landing. Five Stars! We will gladly to take this great service again.
AircraftA320/A321
RouteBerlin to Lisbon via Munich
Date FlownMay 2018

"was downgraded to economy class"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Houston via Frankfurt. My Lufthansa flight from Barcelona to Frankfurt in May was delayed and I was not able to take the connecting Lufthansa flight from Frankfurt to Houston on my pre-booked Premium Economy class. Lufthansa asked me to change the flight and rebooked me other flight with economy class. I had no choice but took it. By doing that, I lost the privilege of the services of Premium Economy and reduced flyer program points. I purchased the more expensive Premium Economy ticket with Lufthansa and was downgraded to a less expensive economy class. After the trip, I contacted Lufthansa and they refused any compensation associated with this trip. This is an extremely bad experience with Lufthansa. It is not worth the money to purchase Premium Economy Class since you spend the money but you may not be able to have the services of Premium Economy Class when there is a delay in flight that is not your fault.
AircraftUnknown
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteFrankfurt to Houston

"would recommend Lufthansa"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Athens. Staff at Gate was very friendly and helpful. Also the cabin crew worked fast and was very friendly. Unfortunately this aircraft was not prepared for Lufthansa Inflight Entertainment like the most aircrafts of Lufhansa, so it was not possible to use the Lufthansa App that provides several entertainment options. I am really disappointed about the seats. The seat was too thin and too short. All Lufthansa singlle aisle aircrafts have this type of seats. This was not a pleasure as the flight take 2 hours and 30 minutes and I had some pain at the lower back area and thigs. I guess for a shorter flight the seat is ok, but for flight of more than 2 hours it can be very unconfotable to sit on such a seat. The menu/food was ok, the tast more bland than nice. I expect more from a 5 star airline, especaially in business class! There was only one choise of coffee, filter coffee. No further coffees available like espresso or cappuccino other airlines offer in business class and same typ of aircraft, single aisle. And the service has been done with foof and beverages trollies, this is fine but at some shorter flights within Europe Lufthansa has a signature service. I just do not understand when the principle when do they offer signature service and when the service is with trollies. However both are good for me. In general I would always recommend Lufthansa but the value of money for business class should be significantly better.
RouteFrankfurt to Athens

"cancelled our flight"

Trip Verified | Houston to Athens via Frankfurt. My experience was horrible. They cancelled our international flight from Houston to Frankfurt 45 minutes before boarding time. Their cancellation caused us so many consequential damages costs. We contacted them explaining the situation but they said they were not willing to pay for our consequential costs. They did not offer a voucher as a sign of apology or compassion. A total chaos in the gate as well. They did not make any announcement for the cancellation and we had to be notified by expedia through a text message. Ground staff was horrible in helping people booking the next available flight (we had to fly the next day).
RouteHouston to Athens via Frankfurt
Date FlownMay 2018

"Overall a good experience"

Trip Verified | Marseille to Berlin via Frankfurt. First flight departed late due to ATC strikes. Second flight was cancelled for unknown reasons, possibly weather. Upon arrival in Frankfurt, I went to the Service Center for rebooking. 20 minutes waiting time. The staff who took my case was friendly and efficient. Lufthansa paid for a meal, taxi, and hotel to spend the night in Frankfurt. They let me pick my replacement flight. The hotel was very nice. Replacement flight departed late but landed on time. Return flight to Frankfurt departed 30 minutes late. Connecting flight was 2 hours late (lots of delays in Frankfurt that day). Our gate got changed twice. Ground staff was relaxed and friendly. I got informed of the delays and the cancellation by email and SMS. However the website made it hard to track delays and gate changes. Seats and IFE's (or lack thereof) were as good as it gets for European short hauls. I also found out 3 flight out of 4 had in flight wifi, which is nice. The cheapest plan is 3€/150kbps for the duration of the flight. Overall a good experience despite the circumstances.
RouteMarseille to Berlin via Frankfurt
Date FlownMay 2018

"staff friendly and professional"

Trip Verified | Flew Lufthansa from Vancouver to Frankfurt. Excellent flight. Left 30 mins late but arrived on time. Plane very clean, food quality was good and staff friendly and professional. Good inflight entertainment. Enjoyable experience.
RouteVancouver to Frankfurt