Lufthansa

"this subpar product "

(Israel)

Verified Review | TLV-FRA-TLV onboard A321, business class has an empty seat next to you and that's it. No extra leg room, recline, upgraded bedding, IFE, power ports, no beverage service on the ground. No pre warning from LH of this subpar product otherwise we would have not been there. FRA-MIA onboard A380 with a 2.5 hour delay. When leaving the lounge I asked the agent if all in order, 'yes' was the answer and we headed to our gate at 0945 just to be airborne at 1330. Returned to the lounge to find it packed, so back to the gate to wait there. MIA-FRA uninterested cabin crew, though polite, went thru the motions. We had to ask for everything we needed, as staff never came to check on us. Internet paid for but did not function. No mid flight snacks. Boarded a boiling cabin in the Florida heat to be told to wait till we taxi when the A/C will kick in - sweating for over an hour. My 6000EUR spent on those tickets were a total waste of money. The leg to TLV was as bad as the TLV-FRA, a journey in Economy. LH offered 200 Euro as comp for all the above hassles and discomfort. I let them keep it.
AircraftA321 / A380
RouteTel Aviv to Miami via Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2017

"We can recommend Lufthansa"

Verified Review | We took the earliest Lufthansa flight from Lisbon to Frankfurt (LH1173) on the way back from holidays in Portugal. The flight was full and we had the seats at the emergency exit. For this reason, the seat pitch on this specific flight is not representative for all seats but from our inbound flight on the same type of aircraft I as a 189cm person can say, that I had perfectly fitting legroom. We got served a nicely warm breakfast (egg, ham, potatoes) and drinks were served once after the breakfast and additionally the flight attendant served water before landing. The captain kept us informed about the journey and made us feel welcome on the flight. The only negative thing was the unorganized boarding process in LIS. We can recommend Lufthansa and hope to be enjoying them again soon.
RouteLisbon to Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"the crew function like robots"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Flew Frankfurt to Singapore. Arrived at Frankfurt from Oslo and we had about 50 minutes to walk about a kilometer to the other side of the terminal and passport control and check in. Long line of people queing to board not by row numbers, little delayed in leaving. Sat down the back by the tail, seat 93e. Short of crew on this flight for some reason, could clearly see the results as the service was slow and the crew function like robots, no smile, just doing the motions. Food standard fare nothing special, in-flight entertainment was bad, not much to choose from, not a good selection and the touchscreen was slow to respond. I prefer the Asian carriers as the service and crew are much more efficient and effective but this time I didn't have an alternative. Next time I will try to avoid Lufthansa just another average European carrier.
RouteFrankfurt to Singapore
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"cabin staff was outstanding"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Athens via Munich. Great aircraft and great cabin crew to Munich. My first flight ever out of JFK that went to the front of the queue and left early. Seats are very comfortable except when in full sleeper mode. In that position both feet of a reasonably tall person do not fit adequately in the front space, that is a negative. The entertainment system is far superior to the one of the Boeing 747-8. Food served was quite good, the wines were limited but adequate. The cabin staff was outstanding. Last but not least, Munich airport is fabulous.
AircraftA340-600
RouteNew York JFK to Athens via Munich
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Never again through Frankfurt"

Verified Review | Athens to New York via Frankfurt. First flight in the Boeing 747-8 we were on the upper deck. The cabin is very nice and the seats are also very nice, good full-flat foot space as opposed to the A340-600. But, there are no USB jacks or charging - mind-blowing in a new aircraft type. Also, the entertainment system features a screen that has not met pixels and a navigation page that is dismal. Service was efficient if not warm. The food was really lousy for business class. Even a salad was terrible. The contrast with our outbound flight to Munich could not have been sharper. We connected from Athens in Frankfurt and our flight was 55 minutes late. There was no one at the gate or anywhere to direct us or to say if our flight was being held for us. We ran for what seemed like miles until we hit passport control and a line of over 400 very irate travelers. Had it not been for our EU passports we would clearly have missed our flight. Never again through Frankfurt.
RouteAthens to New York via Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"staff very friendly and helpful"

(Poland)

Verified Review | Gdańsk to Cairo via Munich. Both flights was on-time. First leg was operated by small aircraft however there was a lot of space for legs. As a bonus a got free seat next to my seat. Food was standard (two sandwiches to choose) and set of beverages. Second leg was operated in the night by A321, so plane was almost empty (maybe 30% seats occupied). I got full emergency row exit just for me, thanks LH. Meal was hot and tasty. Plane was quite old but they keep it in good condition. On both flights ground and on-board staff was very friendly and helpful. At my final destination was delivered very fast. This trip was really nice and non-problematic. Highly recommend this airline.
AircraftCRJ-900 / A321
RouteGdańsk to Cairo via Munich
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"the flight was canceled"

(Austria)

Verified Review | I was flying from Nice to Graz via Munich. I found out that the flight was canceled for whatever reason and the replacement was not possible because it was Sunday. We were told that we would be transported to Graz by bus, which would take more than 5 hrs, and if we had any other questions we should go to the service center counter. I went to the counter, where I was told to wait for an hour until the additional information would be available. When I asked them to re-book my flight, they said that the only option would be to go to Vienna and then to figure out by myself how to get to Graz because most probably the company wouldn't reimburse me the money for the trip from Vienna Airport to Graz. I went back to the gate, got a 10-euro voucher, and was told to come back 45 mins later for the latest updates on my canceled flight. When I came back to the gate, the ground team announced that we were going to be taken to Vienna by a plane provided by a partner company (Austrian) and transported to Graz by bus. This sounded more or less as a solution, but we were then asked to wait until 5pm to get on the plane. I wanted to re-book and to leave to Vienna earlier but found out that the company would only provide one bus at around 6pm and that theoretically I could fly to Vienna earlier and then wait to everyone else. So, I arrived in Graz at 10 pm instead of 1pm which caused a shift in all my plans for the day. I tried to contact the customer relations service by email and never got a response.
RouteNice to Graz via Munich
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"I was not put in a five star hotel"

(Lebanon)

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Gdansk in 2016 was delayed 3 times before being cancelled and rescheduled for the afternoon of the next day. I requested LH help desk to find me a solution that would allow me to meet my schedule commitment indicating that I am willing to pay any difference that a solution may require but my request was not given attention. Despite being booked in Business class, I was not put in a five star hotel nor my expenses were met as I required, in addition I was boarded in economy class reaching Gdansk late to my meeting and eventually spending the rest of the day at the hotel and coming back the next day.
RouteBeirut to Gdansk via Frankfurt
Date FlownOctober 2016

"probably the best standards"

Verified Review | Prague to Los Angeles via Frankfurt. Lufthansa still provides probably the best standards for airlines in Europe, and this trip was comfortable and enjoyable - and good value! The short flight to Frankfurt was on time, small snack, coffee served and staff were very polite. Transfer in Frankfurt was quite easy this time, and had plenty of time for my checked bag to make it through. The long flight to Los Angeles was simply fabulous. Seats are comfortable enough, and similar to most other major airlines. The foods was really good, tasty and quite generous. Best was the cabin attendants who were all really nice. They were cheerful, smiley and spoke good English. Certainly some big changes since I last flew them in 2015. Keep up the good work.
RoutePrague to Los Angeles via Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"It was impossible to sleep"

Verified Review | I booked Lufthansa Business Class because I needed to sleep en-route in a quiet environment. I paid 67,000 Miles & More points for this supposedly restful, relaxing flight and I selected seat 1A on the lower deck of the 747-400 because it is supposedly a secluded area of the cabin. I discovered that two noisy young children were seated together in seats 1H and 1K, with their parents seated behind in 2H and 2K. The parents ignored them and left them to make as much noise as they wanted on the 11½ hour flight. They were loud and uncontrolled, and their laughing and shrieking lasted the entire journey, as did their playing with their overhead and angle-poise seat lights in the darkened cabin. It was impossible to sleep with this behaviour going on. Why does Lufthansa allow young children in long-haul Business Class? Why couldn’t the children have been seated one per row by the window with a parent to control them? Lufthansa is responsible for whom they allow into their aircraft cabins and for making informed decisions as to whether their behaviour would upset or disturb other premium passengers. On arrival at the Lufthansa lounge at Frankfurt I was told that my flight LH936 to LCY had been cancelled. I went to the reception desk and they had no explanation for the cancelled flight and I had been moved to LH918 flying to LHR. This was annoying because I had arranged a business dinner close to London City Airport which also had to be cancelled.
AircraftBoeing 747-400 / A320