Lufthansa

"seats are comfortable"

Trip Verified | I was flying from Frankfurt to Chicago with Lufthansa on a 747-800. During the check-in process I reserved a seat in the emergency exit row. The seat was comfortable and given the fact that it was in the emergency exit, I had enough more than enough legspace. But even the regular economy class seats are comfortable. Selection of food and drinks was good and the crew was friendly. I was a bit hungry and would have liked a snack serice during the flight, the crew had light snacks availble at the galley upon request. Inflight entertainment in every seat and wifi available (for an additional fee). I enjoyed this Lufthansa flight and appreciate the benefits of Star Alliance.
RouteFrankfurt to Chicago
Date FlownJune 2018

"the flight was very good"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Munich is a short flight but Lufthansa still serve food and drink for free unlike many European airlines. Transfer in Munich was straightforward as it was well-signposted to the train to transfer between different terminals. Munich to Hong Kong was my first time on an A380. I was excited to experience a new airplane so I booked a seat on the upper deck. Unfortunately the seat I booked was in a row of three behind a row of four so that when sitting I faced the gap between the two seats in front of me and had to sit at an angle in the seat to view my entertainment screen. Otherwise though the flight was very good. We were served dinner shortly after take-off, breakfast in the morning and a snack before landing. The food was all decent airline food. There was a good selection of films in a variety of languages and plenty of other entertainment features to keep me occupied. Crew were polite and efficient without being particularly friendly. Flight departed and arrived on time.
RouteDublin to Hong Kong via Munich

"room for improvement"

Trip Verified | The flight from Frankfurt to Berlin was alright but nothing special, with a drink and two small and hard cookies. However, the return flight was less impressive. A two-hour delay for which there was just a lukewarm excuse. The meal consisted of a tiny package with hard chips - after the unexpected waiting time at Tegel airport in the evening hours not really satisfactory. The crew seemed hurried and mostly interested in their free time after work. Altogether much room for improvement.
RouteBerlin to Frankfurt

Lufthansa customer review

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Munich. I had problems the video display. I noticed others with problems also. It took several requests with several attendants over greater than an hours time, for attention. After several reboots, the screen froze and I did not have a video display the entire flight.
RouteLos Angeles to Munich
Date FlownMay 2018

"wait hours in queue"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Florence. Everything was ruined by Lufthansa. We have arrived to Frankfurt airport, check in, passed security control, and we waiting for boarding. 15 minutes before flight they said that flight is canceled and we have to go to a counter. We went to counter. There was long queue. It was approximately 20 flights canceled, due to bad weather. So after 1.5 hour in the queue we have reached counter. Staff was quite rude, they told us to go to another counter in departure area. We went there. There was several times longer queue. Here we spent approximately 5 hours prior to reaching counter. Here staff was more friendly. They put us on waiting list for 8 a.m. flight and give vouchers to hotel. Next morning we have repeated exercise. In boarding area they told us that it is 40 people on waiting list and only two seats, so we have to go back to counter. I ask, is it possible to talk with manager. Answer was quite rude: go to counter and there will be your manager. We run to counter. This time we reach it in 40 minutes. They rebook us on waiting list of 11:50 flight and told us that at noon air dispatchers strike in Italy will start. There I realized that we may reach Florence by some miracle this evening, otherwise we may not get there even till our train to Verona. We decided to change plans and cancel our flights to Florence and from Verona. They told us that we have to go to different counter on second floor. Another hour waiting and we are again in front of window. They told us that here we can only cancel flight, but to start procedure of returning money I have to go to site and feel up some request. They told us that we may get our luggage in half an hour to one hour. Of cause, it took us 2.5 hours to get it. Mean while I feel up that form. It was not from the first attempt that I was able to submit it. To summarize our experience: of cause there could be different circumstances, like weather conditions, strike etc., but it would be good attitude to send manager to each canceled flight area and talk with passengers, figure out their needs, try to find some solutions. Nothing of this was done. In addition to that normal companies did not canceling flights due to temporary weather conditions, just postponing it. And for sure making client wait hours in queue and kicking them from one counter to another just because managers don’t want to look for a solution is extremely bad attitude.
RouteFrankfurt to Florence
Date FlownJune 2018

"operated by Deutsche Bahn"

Trip Verified | Lufthansa does not have flights between Cologne and Frankfurt but offers a service that is operated by Deutsche Bahn (train service). While there used to be a staffed check-in counter at the train station, it was replaced a couple years ago by a self check-in. That means there is no agent anymore and flights cannot be changed. I find that disappointing. The service itself is good because the train station is in downtown cologne (and the airport isn´t) and the trains are punctual. Lufthansa is using a dedicated train car, but no food or drinks are offered in economy class on this 1-hour train ride. Wifi and personal device streaming are free of charge. After all I am quite happy with this service and using it frequently.
RouteQKL to FRA

"cancelled the booking"

Trip Verified | Lufthansa pushed the times of my original flight back by 6 hours, just a couple of months prior which is out of line considering their no refund policy and high rebooking fee. With no alternative flights available in the company to fit in with my already booked itinerary, the call centre staff cancelled the booking with promise of a full refund of 412 euros within 14 business days. They emailed confirmation of cancellation without any acknowledgement of the refund in writing. 6 weeks, 6 phone calls and an email inquiry later, I am still waiting. It took over a week for someone to respond to my urgent inquiry, with a generic, unhelpful response. The call centre staff have been completely unwilling to take my situation seriously and don't seem to understand the aspect of holding onto funds for which they are not providing a service. I have been continuously advised that they are unable to provide written confirmation of the refund, that I am unable to speak to the refunds department directly and tell me it has been processed, and to keep checking my bank account.
RouteAthens to Split via Munich
Date FlownJune 2018

"Germany's most expensive coach operator"

Trip Verified | Another trip with the wannabe Premium Airline which might be better characterized as Germany's most expensive coach operator. Had a flight from Stuttgart to Munich and now to Geneva - already spent more time in the bus than in the air. At least Lufthansa were on time today.
RouteMunich to Geneva
Date FlownJune 2018

"we were not too impressed"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Amsterdam via Frankfurt. The 747-8 is an interesting plane to fly, it's new and a classic at the same time. Unfortunately flying it in economy is just awful. I was seated in row 16, the first row of a mini cabin between club and premium economy, where seats are sold at premium prices. The seats are cramped and ergonomically wrong, not a chance to get comfortable. IFE could be good but malfunctioned in about every way it could, so gave up on that. The insult after injury was the main meal: a tinfoil container half filled with a mix of overcooked macaroni with mayo! The German kitchen is not known for its delicacies but this was simply terrible. Tasted like a mix of metal and nothing. A passenger was apparently smoking-where and when it is of course not allowed - but to wake up 400+ passengers with an incomprehensible long and loud rant by the lead FA in the middle of the night was not appreciated or professional. Also bags did not make the flight and although Lufthansa keeps emailing you on every element of the trip (like gate changes), they didn't bother to inform us our bags were never loaded in LAX, why? Needless to say we were not too impressed by Lufthansa and consider this flight and airline as bad as it can get these days
RouteLos Angeles to Amsterdam via Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2018

"never fly Lufthansa again"

Trip Verified | Paid $10,000+ for first class Washington to Istanbul via Frankfurt. Flights there via Frankfurt were fine. Decided to return a couple days early so called to change flights. At this point the service went from good to horrible. First you call 800-645-3880 and prepare for half hour minimum call (once I was cut off after hold). I explained just wanted to move up the Istanbul to Frankfurt segment couple days. Again a long hold the agent says no problem same fare. But I will need to pay $1,500 in taxes. I ask for explanation and none given. I then for cost to cancel the entire return trip and it is $900. This made no sense so I decided to go to the airport to talk to a human being face to face. Lufthansa has their Istanbul airport office and I get some service counter agent who basically has to call and hold just like I did from hotel. Another 20 minutes to be told to change the Istanbul segment would be $2,400! If I were to purchase a business class ticket today from Istanbul to Frankfurt it is $350? So why $2,400? No explanation from anyone. I am calling again now and holding. 20 minutes get an agent who will check and again 30 minutes and still holding. I will never fly Lufthansa again.
Cabin FlownFirst Class