Lufthansa

"at airport hotel with nothing to eat"

(Norway)

Verified Review | Manchester to Oslo via Frankfurt. First of all our first flight is delayed, but when we arrive at Frankfurt airport we are told that we will be able to reach our connected flight with assistance from your employees. We were at the airport 12.30 from Manchester, our next flight got scheduled to 13.45 - at 13.10 we were outside the gate (with at least 20 other people) and were refused entrance, overbooked? They were helpful at the service desk, however to get to the hotel is terrible, rooms are messy, the food voucher we got is turned in to a buffet. I'm stuck at the airport hotel with nothing to eat, and I will not be able to go to work tomorrow. We already sent in a complaint, but I expected more a flight carrier when things that no one of us have control over happens.
RouteManchester to Oslo via Frankfurt
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Credit where credit is due"

Verified Review | Dresden to London Heathrow via Munich. Credit where credit is due. Flights all delayed due to terrible weather yet Lufthansa did a fantastic job getting me to my connection with an individual taxi style transfer from plane to plane at Munich allowing me to make a meeting in London. Really very efficient and well planned transfer operation as I have witnessed on a few other trips as well. Would highly recommend transiting through Lufthansa hubs (both Munich and Frankfurt).
RouteDresden to London via Munich

"flight itself was good"

Verified Review | Short flight from Brussels to Munich. Boarding was orderly and the flight was full with most people seeming to prefer carry-on as opposed to check luggage, the reason would become clear once we landed. The LH flights to and from Brussels use the T2 annex which means that collecting your bags takes ages in this case 45 min after the plane landed! The flight itself was good with a sandwich and drinks service. Sear 10C has plenty of legroom and the neo are very quiet. Flight left a few minutes later but made up time and landed as scheduled.
AircraftA320 neo
RouteBrussels to Munich
Date FlownJune 2017

"The seats were comfortable"

Verified Review | Munich to Geneva. Flew this for a short break between business trips. Small cozy aircraft - I always liked a bombardier. Small snack given, quite OK for the short trip. No inflight entertainment system but quite OK for a short trip. The flight attendants were helpful and friendly. The seats were comfortable and even though I had a seat empty next to me, having someone next to me would not affect the space that much. The only downside is for the next flight (which was not on star alliance) I was not able to check in my luggage through and thus had to exit the transit area and collect my luggage to check it in again. Ground staff was clear when they informed this to me.
AircraftBombardier
RouteMunich to Geneva
Date FlownOctober 2017

"usually a good and reliable airline"

(Turkey)

Verified Review | I am a regular Lufthansa customer and fly over 300.000 miles a year. LH is usually a good and reliable airline. One of my biggest complaint is the flow of economy passengers using the front lavatories. On my last flight from Lisbon to Frankfurt there were 6 people queuing up in the aisle waiting for the lavatory making it almost impossible for business pax to use the lavatories. This for some reason is standard procedure on LH. Another problem I have with them is that the crew uses the overhead bins for their own luggage leaving practically no room for their so called ‘priority customers’ which are seated on rows 1&2. Food quality and quantity is also on the decline. If flying in Europe I try to avoid them and prefer LX and OS which are both owned by LH but have much higher standards.
AircraftA321 and A319
RouteLisbon to Istanbul via Frankfurt

Lufthansa customer review

(Romania)

Verified Review | Cluj to Delhi via Munich. The first leg was operated by Air Dolomiti for Lufthansa, only a muffin for breakfast. The second leg was Lufthansa, lousy food and poor choice of beverages. Flights were more or less in time. Entertainment was average, not extraordinary. Flight attendants polite but not friendly.
AircraftEmbraer / A350 900
RouteCluj to Delhi via Munich
Date FlownOctober 2017

"We are done with Lufthansa"

Verified Review | We flew on Air Dolomiti which I understand partners with Lufthansa on October 20, 2017. Our flight LH 2301 was scheduled to leave Amsterdam at 8.55 am but did not leave the airfield until 9.43 am. While we were waiting in the airport there was never an announcement as to why it was late. We had an international connecting flight to Los Angeles leaving at 11.20 am. We barely made it there and I was having a meltdown. As anyone who has ever been in Munich airport will agree, it is not the easiest to navigate though. The only time Air Dolomiti said anything was before they landed apologizing for the "delay". Once again, no explanation. We are done with Lufthansa.
RouteAmersterdam to Munich
Date FlownOctober 2017

"a 4 hour wait at the airport"

Verified Review | London to Dresden via Frankfurt. First time with Lufthansa, short queue checking in at Heathrow so good start, but soon after entering the airport flight information was showing a 25 minute delay. Eventually boarded plane and flight took off around 1 hour late, problems with crew apparently. During the flight we were told that they had no information about connecting flights and should check the flight boards in the airport. But as soon as we landed and I switched on my phone I had an email stating that I was booked on the later 22:05 flight to Dresden. Facing a 4 hour wait at the airport I went to the very busy Lufthansa service desk where I asked if I could use their airport lounge. As I was only an economy customer and not a Lufthansa member the answer was no. I was given a 10 euro voucher and a copy of my rights as a passenger.
RouteLondon to Dresden via Frankfurt
Date FlownOctober 2017

"their service was appalling"

Verified Review | Newark-Liberty Intl to Munich, LH0413, 18 Sept 2017. I did not expect something elegant or sophisticated from Lufthansa, but their service was appalling. The flight was delayed due to "late arrival of the plane". Quite worn out plane, not much of a welcome on board, dim light in the cabin did not make me feel bad in the beginning but definitely was not comforting. I do not mind not smiling FA's if the level of service is high. On this flight, I learned for the first time what means lousy service in business class, definitely not expected from 4-star airline. Frugal menu had one appetizer (salad) with no other choices. I chose fish for the main course which was greasy, overly salty and poorly presented. Everything came on the same tray. During the meal, no drink refills were offered (I had regular coke), so I had to ask for a favor. After I asked for the tray to be taken away, FA took it and asked me to throw the tablecloth and serviette on top of the tray. I expected a dessert would have been offered but was wrong. So again I had to ask for one. Not happy with my request, FA asked what I wanted and finally brought a portion of fruits which was placed on the table without any preparation. After such "feast" I tried to sleep but the seat was (though full flat) bumpy and extremely narrow even for me (I am a slim person). So the only comfortable position was lying on my side. Finally, I was able to fall asleep but was awaken soon by the noise from the galley where FAs were loudly talking without lowering their voices. About 1 hour before landing I asked for breakfast. It was not served right away, so the seatbelt sign came on. FA told me that now the breakfast could not be served. No single positive emotion during the whole flight. Extremely lousy service is only memorable thing about Lufthansa. My flight back with United (Polaris business class) was a pleasant surprise – frankly, I expected the opposite for these two carriers. Lesson learned: Lufthansa’s business is an awkward decoration of a comfort+ class with a flatbed (though very uncomfortable). Given the price for the ticket (almost 9 thousand US $), I will choose Lufthansa only if there is absolutely no alternative.
RouteNewark to Munich
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"onboard service is above"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Addis Ababa via Frankfurt. The onboard service is above average and the legroom is good. However, I had booked to leave on August 25th. On arrival at Schiphol the flight was canceled. Overbooking on another flight was not possible, everything was full. Other flights to Frankfurt departed that evening. Also on Saturdays there was only place on flights with at least three stops and a journey time which was twice as long as planned. Then only one flight took 2 days (!) Later, which cost me 2 days. Cancellation can happen and the fact that there were no good alternatives was not to blame Lufthansa. Where I can admit that Lufthansa does not wish to pay my claim. They indicate that the flight was canceled by the weather conditions. That's strange if you take into account that this was the only flight that was canceled that night, KLM just left Frankfurt. One could easily leave with a delay of an hour or so. Now, in addition to the lack of working hours, I have to make expenses to get what I am entitled to. So service on board 8.5, handling complaints a 2 - the staff is friendly, average 4.2 so. DUTCH: De service aan boord is bovengemiddeld en de beenruimte is goed. Echter ik had geboekt om op 25 augustus te vertrekken. Bij aankomst op schiphol was de vlucht geannuleerd. Overboeken op een andere vlucht was niet mogelijk, alles zat vol. Andere vluchten naar Frankfurt vertrokken wel die avond. Ook op zaterdag was er enkel plaats op vluchten met minimaal drie stops en een reisduur welke twee keer zo lang was als gepland. Toen maar een vlucht 2 dagen(!) later genomen wat mij 2 dagen werktijd kostte ter plekke. Annuleren kan gebeuren en ook het feit dat men geen goede alternatieven had is Lufthansa niet te verwijten. Waar ik mij wel aan kan ergeren dat Lufthansa niet mijn claim wenst te betalen. Zij geven aan dat de vlucht geannuleerd was door de weercondities. Dat is vreemd als je in ogenschouw neemt dat dit de enigste vlucht was die geannuleerd werd die avond,KLM vertrok gewoon wel naar Frankfurt. Men had dus makkelijk met een vertraging van een uur of zo kunnen vertrekken. Nu moet ik dus naast het gemis van werkuren onkosten maken om te krijgen waar ik recht op heb. Dus service aan boord 8.5 afhandeling klachten een 2 ( de medewerksters is wel vriendelijk), gemiddeld 4.2 dus.
RouteAmsterdam to Addis Ababa via Frankfurt