Lufthansa

"bus to drive to an outside position"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Stuttgart. They fly from a gate where there is nothing - no lounge, no newspapers, no coffee. No such thing as priority for gold status passengers - you are priority put in an overheated and crammed bus to drive to an outside position, standard for this route - to arrive again at an outside position.
RouteFrankfurt to Stuttgart
Date FlownDecember 2017

"cabin crew was very attentive"

Trip Verified | Paris to Tbilisi via Munich. Excellent flights and outstanding services on both flights. The first part of journey is a short flight from Paris to Munich. The cabin crew was very attentive, there was very clean aircraft and very tasty snack (some kind of sweet cake). The flight from Munich to Tbilisi is about 3 hours and 20 minutes. The flight attendants were very prompt and professional. The food was perfectly prepared and was one of the best economy three course meal. We had two hot choices - chicken and pasta. The bar service was very good offering drinks three times during dinner. Lufthansa is really the best European airline and I recommend them for the route to Georgia.
AircraftA320 / A319
RouteParis to Tbilisi via Munich
Date FlownNovember 2017

"the seats were really comfortable"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | The check in process was easy and fast. At Washington Dulles Airport it is easy to navigate and find your gate. The boarding was well organized (30 mins with full load factor). Our plane was a reconstructed B747-400 thus the cabin was clean and nice, the seats were really comfortable. The legroom is perfect for a 7 hours 30 mins flight. The catering was fast, large selection of drinks (alcoholic, non alcoholic) and food was offered in Economy Class. The inflight entertainment system includes eternal opportunities to be entertained: movies, cartoons, documentaries, music, games and live tv. The flight was smooth. Our connection time in Frankfurt was enough to catch our plane to Budapest. The level of the service on this short-haul flight was excellent as always. I would say that Lufthansa is the best option on a transatlantic route.
AircraftBoeing 747-400, A320-200
RouteWashington to Budapest via Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2017

"a very good experience"

Trip Verified | New York to Berlin. The boarding was simple, yet late. The small Lufthansa lounge at New York's JFK Terminal 1 was very empty, the selection average, a mixture of cold and hot food and drinks. 10 min late, the boarding commenced. First to enter the plane are business and first class passengers. Greeted by a very lovely flight attendeant, I got served an orange juice. Soon after takeoff, I got nuts and another cold drink. The selection on the menu was as expected for a 7 hour flight: one main meal and 1.5 hours before arrival, a small breakfast. The vegetarian option was excellent, the pasta cooked well. After the food service, the lights were dimmed. I tried my seat functions, pretty standard seat for business class. Yet I was happy about the lie flat seat. The entertainment system worked well, the selection of movies was quite impressive! The only downside to the entertainment options I found was WiFi connectivity. It did not connect for 2/3 devices of mine. Also, the price of WiFi is very high considering I flew in Business class. Some airlines offer this service for free. After a long sleep, a flight attended woke me up and asked to serve me breakfast. This was a much more simple meal, all on one tray. Then I arrived in Berlin. The aircraft was parked at a stand so the deboarding process took longer than at a gate, having to fill the busses with passengers. Overall, a very good experience!
AircraftA330-300
RouteNew York to Berlin

"delayed by 3 hours"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Frankfurt, delayed by 3 hours, no proactive communication. Just an information received last minute with wrong information about boarding time. Boarding was a mess. Finally I got into the plane and the entertainment system did not work. Not good this time.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteBangkok to Frankfurt

"no coffee at the gate"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Gothenburg. No lounge, no coffee at the gate, no newspapers, there is nothing Premium despite the price with this airline. And overbooked again, I try to fly with others with better price-value Option.
RouteFrankfurt to Gothenburg

"It was phenomenal"

Trip Verified | Rome to Munich. It was phenomenal. It's probably been about 20 years since I last flew Lufthansa and it is still as efficient and good as I remember. Prior to boarding, LH sends out a link where you can download magazines for your flight. Even though there was no in-flight entertainment such as movies, this was an innovative way of rectifying this issue. Business class in Europe, apart from Turkish, is generally done with economy seating and the middle one kept free. That is pretty much the standard. This A321 was the newer generation with the new sharklets (winglets) and looked brand new, the seats were good but no better than in Economy. The service was excellent. even though the flight was relatively short, just over an hour, we were served smoked salmon, some meat and a dessert which were all delicious. On US carriers you would be hard pressed to get such a good meal on a transcontinental flight in First Class.
RouteRome to Munich
Date FlownNovember 2017

"the meals were inedible"

Trip Verified | Denver to Tel Aviv via Frankfurt, The worst part was the food, but the meals were inedible. The seats were very uncomfortable, new slimline designs which mean less cushion and thin armrests. The airline only allows one checked bag from the US, even on international flights if flying in economy - the economy plus averages about $300 more, so certainly not affordable for most travelers, but if you can afford it, it's 100% worth it for the bigger seats, screens, and extra checked bag. The wifi never worked for me on board my flights. The only positives were the flight attendants were really nice and they did have free alcohol (as all international flights should) so that helped me get through an otherwise awful experience.
RouteDenver to Tel Aviv via Frankfurt
Date FlownNovember 2017

"service was good and attentive"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Bangkok. I was very much impressed and pleased with their service. The seats in the A380 are very comfortable, given that it is an economy class seat. The service was good and attentive. The food was good. And, after all, the price was good as well. So, what can I say, I guess I will fly Lufthansa again. Hopefully I am similarly pleased.
RouteFrankfurt to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2017

"will avoid Lufthansa connections"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Budapest to Venice via Munich. The first flight from Budapest departed with 20-30 mins of delay. This is ok as delays can occur and the duration was rather short. However, arrival in Munich was also delayed in turn by 20-30 mins. The connection in Munich was known in advance to be short, for which reason it is expected that the airline has foreseen how to manage this flight combination. Instead this connection was managed very poorly. Arrival in Munich airport took place at the gate area K, while the connecting flight (to Venice) was at gate area G. This, according to the screen indication itself, requires 17 mins of transfer time. Upon arrival, I noticed on the screen that the connecting flight was already boarding. After taking the shuttle train (needed for this transfer) and running the rest of the way, I arrived at the gate only to discover that the flight was gone. It seems nobody bothered to advise that there was somebody on the way, and hopefully the plane could wait for a mere 10 mins. Offering a connection implies that it is reasonably managed. In spite of the short connection in this case, it seems the airline makes it even worse by setting flights at different areas and not advising of people in transfer. I would never ask a plane with all passengers to wait for a long time, but I do not believe 10 mins would be an issue for anyone. After the above experience, I went to the service desk for help, where I was told that there is "fortunately another flight tonight". That meant at 22:00 vs. the original 15:30 that I missed. To illustrate the staff's further lack of customer service, I was told I am eligible for a voucher since I will spend a long time at the airport. I was given a voucher for 10 euros. After indicating that a 10-euro voucher does not seem exactly a correct response from the airline for the trouble caused, I was told that maybe it was a system error, and after a second check, the staff confirmed that in fact I am eligible for 17 euro. I did not continue the discussion as it would have been a waste of time. The above service gives me an impression that the airline simply does not care. In fact it feels like a joke. In any case, I would have expected a much different treatment for a company with a German origin and reputation. Obviously for the future I will avoid this specific flight connection, but I will also avoid Lufthansa connections in general as well.
RouteBudapest to Venice via Munich