Lufthansa

"does not offer free wifi"

(Norway)

Not Verified | We had an excellent transfer route from OSL to BUD via MUC with Lufthansa. The purser especially on the MUC-BUD route (LH 1682) was very caring, I asked him to give me something for my stomach to relieve my stomach ache, he brought me a very nice cognac, plus after a little while he brought me a herb-tea. I was like whao! The diabetic food for my wife was very good too, I can recommend to anyone to order for special meals on Business Class. There was some delay on the MUC-BUD route, but we could easily get over this, because of the service we got throughout the journey! And though we had little time, we visited the Lufthansa Business Lounge at MUC, and it was fabulous too, we visited half an hour before the closing-time of the lounge, and still there was enough warm food, and staff still refilled the sweets, and enough drink, bread, yoghurts, biscuits etc. The dark side: Wi-fi! I think it's quite ridiculous that such a big company like this, does not offer free wifi at least on Business Class!
AircraftA320 / A319
RouteOslo to Budapest via Munchen
Date FlownJuly 2018

"bunch of customer service fails"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Malta via Munich last month, then back via Munich. Although Lufthansa's boarding procedures are wonky and our flight was late as a result, once on board Lufthansa, I never really have any complaints. The food is decent, drinks plentiful, and seats are about as comfortable (uncomfortable) as you would expect. Lots of in-flight entertainment options, which is good. The way back through Munich was a mess. For whatever reason we couldn't check in online. We called and were told we could check in at the airport the next morning at the airport to get our boarding passes, then do the same again once we were in Munich. This went OK for the first short flight, but horrible for the connection. The Lufthansa service desk in Munich wouldn't print our passes and sent us to the gate without alerting anyone. Lufthansa has an extra security check-in before the gate, and those employees didn't want to let us through without a boarding pass. This resulted in about twenty minutes of additional delay with three other confused Lufthansa employees. We finally made it to the gate where we were then reprimanded by another Lufthansa employee for being late for boarding. She refused to sit my husband and I together (?), so we were placed in separate aisles. Once on board the flight, the seat I had been given was in between a woman and her two children. She asked me to move, which I did. The row behind my husband's assigned seat was almost empty, so we ended up sitting there together. Essentially if you enjoy taking care of a bunch of customer service fails yourself, this is a great airline. Personally, I probably wouldn't fly Lufthansa again.
RouteLos Angeles to Malta via Munich
Date FlownJune 2018

"cabin is most uncomfortable "

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Lufthansa CityLine uses this aircraft type frequently on the MUC-BRU route and others and it is to be avoided. The cabin is the most uncomfortable I´ve experienced, the seats are so narrow you have to squeeze yourself into them. Also, no business-class fast-lane security in MUC despite the fact that this is being advertised and included in the price for a business clas ticket. The quality of the food on this flight was rather sub-standard, announcements in German and English only, no French or Flemish. Cabin crew super friendly as usual with Lufthansa but they can´t make up for the substandard seating and other flaws. All in all, avoid Lufhansa CityLine and the Bombardier Regonal Jet if you can.
AircraftBombardier CRJ-900
RouteMunich to Brussels
Date FlownJune 2018

"the seats were spacious"

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Munich. Lufthansa does not offer a fast lane at Copenhagen Airport for Business Class or star alliance Gold. That was quite inconvenient and the regular security took more than 20 minutes. SAS Lounge is not that good. Gate area old and dark and far a away. Flight on Lufthansa Cityline was uneventful. Crew was okay. No WiFi or entertainment. Considering that the flight was operated by a regional jet the seats were spacious and reclined. Verdict: good airline. CPH is not good.
AircraftCRJ900
RouteCopenhagen to Munich

"a good experience"

Trip Verified | I was travelling from QKL (Cologne Central Station) to CPH (Copenhagen) with Lufthansa via FRA (Frankfurt). The first leg of this trip was operated by Lufthansa Air Rail, which is a train service. While Miles&More Senators/HON and Lufthansa Business Class customers are allowed to use the DB Lounge at Cologne Central Station, this service is not provided to Star Alliance Gold customers. Still, I find the 50-minutes train ride from downtown Cologne to Frankfurt a very convenient alternative compared to flying. What I do not like is that there are no check-in agents at Cologne Station anymore – they have been replaced by a check-in machine. So it is not possible to make changes to the ticket: No change of flights, seats, frequent traveller card or APIS when flying to the US. Security at Frankfurt was very quick and I went directly to the lounge closest to my departure gate in the A terminal (A30). It was a business class lounge and had a really good selection of food and I nice tarmac view. It even had showers (which I did not use). I found it better that the Senator Lounges. The flight from FRA to CPH was fully booked in Economy, so no free middle seat. Nice crew, a bite to eat and two drink services (1h15m flight!). All in all a good experience. No obverhead screens or personal device entertainment available on this Lufthansa flight. WiFi was available for a charge. Verdict: Good flight, good airline. Would choose them again. Lufthansa should introduce personal device entertainment and check-in agents in Cologne.
RouteCologne Central Station to Copenhagen via Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2018

"expect a better service"

Trip Verified | Basel to Algiers via Frankfurt. I hardly see any value in buying a business cabin ticket with Lufthansa. There was a long bus transfers in Frankfurt airport and you need to travel in the same packed bus waiting until the last passenger is out of the plane. No free internet in the cabin, you need to pay same as a economy passenger. Seats the same and service not so different than the economy cabin. No priority boarding in practice, as they give priority to passengers with kids, which practically means almost half of the cabin so you need to wait in the tunnel to aircraft 10 minutes without A/C. It’s normally OK, but if you are paying 4 times the price for a business ticket you definitely expect a better service. No inflight entertainment also in the business cabin, no screens no videos.
RouteBasel to Algiers via Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2018

"quoted prices for my dogs"

Trip Verified | I am a frequent flyer with animals to Europe and every time I travel with LH I have problems. The last two times I was quoted prices for my dogs and when I arrived at the airport the price was different. I have filed a claim and have had absolutely no satisfaction. When I calculate my travel I include the cost of the dog and my ticket purchase to determine which airline is most economical, this last trip the over charge was in excess of $500. I have friends that also travel to Europe with dogs and they were charge the amount I was quoted on the phone, so I don't understand why I was charged more. I have submitted to the claims department their payment document and mine to show the error, but still no response. LH has a problem with their Service center that needs to be address. I just spoke with someone a few minutes ago after a long hold period and was hung up on. I don't know what it takes for this airline to address my issues.
RouteFrankfurt to Vancouver
Date FlownMay 2018

"boarding process was chaotic"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Hamburg via Munich, returning from Frankfurt in 0April. The food was mediocre to bad, the service was, overall (although there were a couple of notable exceptions), mechanical or indifferent (at best), sometimes bordering on downright rude. Once the food was served, on all 4 flights (with the partial exception of FRA-ATH), service was non-existent. We were not proactively offered anything (drink, etc) on flight ATH-MUC, the curtain between Business and Economy was left open for most of the flight, with the result that the Business class lavatory was used by people from Economy. None of the cabin crew tried to stop them. Surely one of the benefits of flying a Business class cabin is to have a dedicated bathroom? The boarding process was chaotic - any notion of priority boarding was a joke. On 1 flight by the time we boarded, other passengers had filled the storage space. Since we were seated at seats 2D and 2F, where we had no option but to store everything in the overhead lockers, I believe that someone should have made sure that people on the other rows stored things under the middle (empty) seats. To his credit, the steward very kindly helped us find a solution - no pre-flight drinks were offered, on one flight no menus were offered. We were offered a choice of "meat" or "paella". Why should people pay the (significant) difference in price and travel Lufthansa Business, at least on flights within or close to Europe?
AircraftA321 / A320
RouteAthens to Hamburg via Munich
Date FlownApril 2018

"Not much good to say"

(Finland)

Not Verified | Helsinki to Brussels via Frankfurt. Not much good to say about this trip. Woke up 4am and was at the airport 5.15am to take my 6.10am flight to Brussels via Frankfurt. After coming to the airport we are told that the flight leaves at 14.10!. No warning or message sent to me before. At the airport the staff was very unhelpful and was told to search for the Lufthansa counter and try and change the ticket. I did and queued for 2,5 hours. After that I managed to get on a Finnair flight with poor seating and poor service. No food voucher was given or no apologies and worst of all no Lufthansa staff helping or advising. Just queuing and poor service. And flight back was also delayed by 1,5 hours and extremely slow service on the counter with 1 person only working. What can I say...disappointed.
RouteHelsinki to Brussels via Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Transit in Frankfurt a disaster"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Shanghai to Istanbul via Frankfurt. LH733 from PVG to FRA. The flight on a Boeing B747-400 went smoothly and on time (arriving 30 minutes ahead of schedule). Beside the noise coming from A/C, no complaints about the flight conditions and service, the crew aboard welcomed all with a smile I could feel that customer satisfaction was the utmost priority and that the team was ready to fulfill all requests even if out of the "standard protocol". Transit in Frankfurt again a disaster due the security check. Early morning again 45 minutes as priority traveler in the fast lane. Frankfurt should take some consultancy of Brussels BRU airport, the security check goes much smother there. At 0530 all or most of shops still closed and I went to the LH lounge. Great lounge, super breakfast choices and staff. LH 1298 from FRA to IST was ready on time for departure and. The aircraft was new and cleanliness in the cabin was satisfactory. No Gold Track for LH passenger at passport control, is for TK customers only. Priority Baggage delivery could be improved.
RouteShanghai to Istanbul via Frankfurt