Emirates Airline Passenger Reviews and Emirates Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Emirates Passenger Reviews and Emirates customer trip Reports

Emirates Customer review :  3 January 2014 by K Lakshmanan    (Singapore)

The chauffeur arrived at the hotel on time and helped us to load the luggage and drove us to the airport on a Holden Statesman car. The Emirates Check-in counter is the first counter in the row, which is quite convenient. Check-in was swift and we were handed a pre-clearance form along with our boarding passes. We cleared past the baggage screening and emigration in a jiffy. We made our way to the Emirates lounge located right above the departure hall. At the boarding gate they have a separate pathway for First and business class passengers. The FAs welcomed us and guided us to our suites. We were given a pre-take off drink, cold towel and Arabic coffee while we waited for rest of the flight to be filled up. A FA came to my suite and introduced himself and gave me a Leather bind menu card and told me that it's not an a la carte dining that night as it was just a four hour flight. Right after the take-off, the FA came to take the dinner order. I ordered a Mocktail while waiting for my dinner to be served and it was served promptly with warm nuts. Dinner menu and the choices were pleasing and the food was great. We decided to shower, the shower attendant notified us once the shower was ready. The shower was huge and had two types of timeless spa products. A series of shower gel, shampoo and moisturiser for relaxation and another series of products to feel refreshed. Other amenities such as razors, shaving cream, moisturiser, cologne and hairdryer were available too. When I returned to my seat the FA came with a detox drink and asked if I wanted the bed to be made. I relaxed at the bar's lounge seats while waiting for bed to be made. When I returned the seat was made flat and all set comfy with mattress, duvet and a Godiva chocolate placed on my desk. Overall, it was a pleasant flight and great service.

Emirates Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Taimoor Tariq    (UK)

Travelled from Manchester to Lahore. Seats were fairly comfortable, staff was very good, food was nice, toilets were clean. Inflight entertainment was really good, I enjoyed watching the movies. The only thing that I didn't like was the delay of up to 20 minutes!

Emirates Customer review :  2 January 2014 by N Dibe    (Australia)

Economy class from Dubai to Bangkok on A380. The hype was great and the result disappointing, the seats were narrow, minimum leg room and back of the seat in front of me reclines into my lap. Furthermore I felt that the seats were as cramped as on a charter flight. I will choose an old 747 or 777 for my future travels. I recommend Emirates but not the A380 for tall passengers.

Emirates Customer review :  2 January 2014 by J Kole    (UK)

NCL-DXB, DXB-BKK-HKG, then return on the same flights. Outbound Newcastle to Dubai on 777-300ER. Very good flight - good food, good choice ICE entertainment system. Dubai to Hong Kong via Bangkok on A380. Again, very good flight - spacious seats and same ICE system as on previous flight. Food reasonably good on this leg of the journey, but not as good as first flight. The choice I wanted was unavailable on BKK to HKG leg, but the option I was served was nice enough. Return Hong Kong to Dubai via Bangkok A380. Same comments apply about A380 as before. Another good flight except food on this flight. Food on both HKG - BKK and BKK - DXB legs were poor and a massive contrast to the other 3 flights. I experienced the same on a previous Emirates Hong to Dubai flight, so this looks a like a localised Hong Kong supplier issue. Dubai to Newcastle on 777-300ER - same as outbound - very good flight and very good food. Both 777-300ER and A380 used same ICE, so same inflight entertainment across all flights - loads to choose from and good variety. Touch screen sometimes a little unresponsive on return flights. Cabin crew were generally good and helpful with queries, but slow with food service sometimes. Outbound Newcastle departure was delayed due to late incoming flight, but other flights were on time or within reason. Transfer in Dubai was easy and hassle free - around 2.5 to 3 hours each time. Overall, except for the couple of things mentioned above, very impressed with Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  30 December 2013 by S Wanasundera    (USA)

EK 201 on 26 November.Return on 24 December. A380 JFK-DXB. Staff were unprofessional. Spent a lot of time chatting in the galley, while setting up and serving meals took a long time. In between meals, a fasten seat belt sign was on for long spells with no apparent turbulent weather and no one allowed to leave seats even to head to a toilet! No drinks were offered so, people had to make their way to the galley. Once a meal is served it takes hours for the trays to be cleared. Passengers walked the trays to the galley themselves! Although the menus are handed out at the start (on one leg it was the wrong one) most often in economy the choices had completely run out and the only comment from the staff was "we have bad news". The A380 is too big, too crowded, too noisy, too uncomfortable, too irritating and no way to travel on a long haul.

Emirates Customer review :  30 December 2013 by J Choi    (Hong Kong)

LHR-HKG via DXB. The seat pitch was surprisingly generous aboard the A380, EK006 from Heathrow to Dubai. The ICE entertainment was superb, the staff were friendly and the catering was above average. What I disliked the most was the boarding 'process', they had to make it sound 'so grand'. I sat at the front, and by the time I boarded and requested for eyeshades, they were gone already. Also, it is very hard to hear what the guy was saying as there were a battle of voices between our flight and the Qantas flight at the next gate. The queues for transfer were very long in Dubai but it was pretty inefficient. However, it takes 40 minutes to get from the first gate to the second, although at a leisurely pace. The second flight from DXB-HKG was far more horrible. We had to endure the horrendous 3-4-3 configuration. The ICE entertainment on the 777-300 was not as modern as the A380, thus the person behind me had to press the screen with tremendous force every time to get his TV working. The screens were also far smaller and much harder to operate. But in terms of service, it was really average. In conclusion, the first flight was close to being perfect and the second flight slightly disappointing.

Emirates Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Omid Golahmadi    (UK)

We flew 4 times with Emirates LGW-DXB-IKA, IKA-DXB-LGW. We flew there and back from DXB on a B777-300er it was very quiet. Entertainment was very good with the latest movies. But the flight to IKA from DXB was a let down, the entertainment had 20 channels. The food was very nice. I would fly Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  30 December 2013 by J Tinning    (Austria)

I flew from Dubai to Perth (return) in Dec 2013. I am very impressed with their quality of customer service and hospitality. This 11 hour flight felt much shorter as I was very comfortable, relaxed and entertained by the ICE system. It was also very comfortable to sleep in the very wide seats. USB and mains power supply is provided for charging devices. The highlights of these flights were certainly the crew and the catering, which was of a very high quality, served to you with steel cutlery. Even economy passengers receive luxuries normally expected for business and first passengers. The crew spoke very many languages and were very approachable. Emirates certainly deserve number 1 airline for the years to come, and I wish to fly with them to Australia again.

Emirates Customer review :  30 December 2013 by K Lakshmanan    (Singapore)

Flew from Brisbane to Auckland in business class on an A380. The business class is located on the top deck of the flight. Two sections with 1-2-1 configuration which enables aisle access for all passengers. The single seats on both sides are not aligned with the center seats thus giving you some privacy. The crew warmly greeted and guided us to our seats as we entered the flight. The stewardess introduced herself and told me that she has been assigned to look after for the day's flight and offered the breakfast menu and a pre-take off drink. Each seat had its own selection of drinks that includes a fruit juice, two fizzy drink cans, still and sparkling water. My wife decided to sleep through the breakfast service but the attendant was concerned and asked if she is feeling ok. The breakfast included fresh fruits, freshly squeezed juices, toasted muesli and yoghurt. The hot selection served omelettes and sausages or classic French toasts. I went for French toasts with maple syrup and berries. Food was warm and tasty. I ended of my meal with a cappuccino, which had Emirates logo dusted on the foam. Nice touch The in-flight entertainment was great with wide variety of movies and dramas. The noise cancelling headphones were good too. The only downside of the center business class seats are leg space. It feels cramped with the leg room extending below the seat in front you.

Emirates Customer review :  30 December 2013 by T Mahr    (Germany)

CMB-SIN in late December. Flight boarded late although had arrived on time from DXB with no explanation and a call 40 mins before anything happened. Relatively comfortable seating on a 777 - the two of us had one of the only rows with only two seats at the very back. Great inflight entertainment but let down by lousy service. They seemed disorganised at best and the meal and drinks took 2.5 hours to arrive. Quality of food not good but given plenty of actually drinkable wine with a smile and apologies. Great arrival experience in SIN - we were out 20 mins after touch-down.

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2013 by J Avramovic    (Slovenia)

MUC-MCT via DXB and return. Travelled with my wife and 1.5yr old son. The whole middle front row (4 seats) was just for us. Very comfortable seats, pleasant and very helpful flight attendants. A lot of small gifts for the baby and an excellent inflight entertainment. Would definitely fly with them again!

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2013 by S Gill    (UK)

Flew from Durban to London Gatwick via Dubai. The first leg of the flight was awful - seat backrest was broken, staff could not fix it so they moved us to two different seats, which were even worse, with a solid lump at the base of the backrests that made it impossible to get comfortable in any position on this long flight. The second leg was great, in a two-week old aircraft where we could finally sit in comfort. Unfortunately, the Durban-Dubai experience has put me off Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Gillian Morgan    (Australia)

Travelled on a Qantas ticket from Perth, Australia to London Gatwick on 19th December. Firstly we could not find an overhead locker to out our 1 piece of luggage in. I asked an attendant to assist us and he stated "I am not a luggage attendant". Next it took 2 hours to be offered any form of refreshment and then it was abysmal. I wanted another drink and buzzed for assistance but nobody came. The inflight entertainment was excellent though, but all in all a bad flight - Perth to Dubai. Dubai airport - the Emirates lounge was the best I have ever been in and enjoyed the 4 hour lay over. Dubai to Gatwick - slightly better as the staff were a little more customer focused. Food terrible though. Will be travelling back in the new year and am not looking forward to it, but this time a stop over in Dubai may make the experience a little better. Never again will I travel on Emirates unless I can afford Business class.

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2013 by D James    (South Africa)

Cape Town to Bangkok-departed on time, excellent IFE, good quality food and drink. Airline staff seemed a bit scarce! But we're mostly engaging and friendly. Transit through Dubai is not a pleasure, the airport is one of the most unsettling places to visit. Pity the airline and the airport are so different.

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2013 by M Caplan    (UK)

Flew 6 flights recently in business with Emirates. All on 777 and A380. All flights on time, Glasgow to Dubai then to Bangkok to Sydney, Melbourne to Singapore then to Dubai and back to Glasgow. Every car arrived on time, check in a breeze, as was passport control with special pass. Made travelling a pleasure. All personnel were fantastic, kind and attentive. Food great as was wine, and in every detail, Emirates are way beyond the competition. Have read some other reviews which are rather negative. Since we flew so many times, I fail to understand the problem. Compared to recent BA experience to New York, Emirates are on another level.

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Ranaweera Ravindra    (Japan)

The fleets are new, comfy. Flew Narita-Dubai-Munich and Rome-Narita. Always wanted to try A380. The FA's were awful. On one flight the table was dirty. I took 4 flights in total and every time I experienced something horrible. Firstly they didn't give me the bread and I had to ask 2 times for it, next I had to wait over 15 mins to receive my main dish. I asked for water that I didn't receive. This is the worst airline service I have experienced so far.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014   Copyright Skytrax