Emirates Airline Passenger Reviews and Emirates Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Emirates Passenger Reviews and Emirates customer trip Reports

Emirates Customer review :  11 March 2014 by T Richter    (USA)

Flew FRA-DXB and DXB-MAD back in February. Generally speaking, all aspects of the service were more than satisfactory. From my experience at the ticket counter in FRA, where the gentleman was very courteous, to checking in online, the DXB bag drop with no line and the generally polite service onboard, I thought the staff did a very good job of creating an atmosphere of consideration for the passengers. The only thing I missed was that on the flight from FRA to DXB, there simply were not enough water runs (although from DXB to MAD, there were plenty). I had to ask for water, and even then, the cup size given to me was more appropriate for a shot of whisky than the generous glass of water I needed. Of course, the ICE entertainment system was excellent as was the food service. Overall, I would recommend Emirates, but I would advise bringing a couple of bottles of water with you to prevent dehydration.

Emirates Customer review :  11 March 2014 by Laura Paramsothy    (Cyprus)

EK0349, 8/03/2014. Colombo to Dubai. I found the service terrible. It was 2 hours into the flight before we were served anything, not even a drink of water was brought. I even rang for someone to come and it was ignored. Would not use Emirates on this sector again.

Emirates Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Udayan Mitra    (USA)

Kolkata to Dubai before connecting to a British Airways flight to Heathrow and an onward connection to Austin, Texas. Emirates staff at Kolkata airport upgraded me to business class. The food, service and entertainment system was superb and I got a good nights sleep before my onward journey to the United States. The A330 was immaculate, cabin crew friendly and well groomed and the airline was punctual and efficient.

Emirates Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Gordon Helly    (UK)

Flew London Heathrow to Dubai on A380. We chose seats in row 45. Very efficient check-in and boarding. Aircraft very clean, no crumbs down sides of seats or stains on tray. Informative updates from the pilot. Toilets were the best I have used on any aircraft and kept very clean throughout the whole flight. Seats actually very comfortable and space and recline very acceptable for Economy. Food excellent as was the service. All in all very impressed and will endeavour to fly with Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  10 March 2014 by L Robin    (Thailand)

BKK-DXB-DME, Business class, return. Excellent flight, super service as usual, too bad the flight between Bangkok and Dubai only last 5 hours. As a gold member the chief cabin comes and welcome you personally on board. Food is very good with great choices.

Emirates Customer review :  6 March 2014 by Sreelatha Nandivada    (USA)

A380 from LAX-DXB-MAA. LAX to DXB was the worst. I had an infant child of 9 months old and didn't get a bassinet. Flight attendants said the baby looked too big and the bassinet wouldn't hold him. Had to hold my baby for 15+ hrs. No water was given either when I had to give baby formula. DXB-MAA was much better as they were able to provide a bassinet which unsurprisingly handled the baby just fine.

Emirates Customer review :  5 March 2014 by Martin Fernandez    (Spain)

MAD-DXB-BKK and back. Good service at airports, nice and new airplanes, comfortable seats (although on 777s the distance between seats is tight so you are touching your neighbor continuously, no problem in my case as I was traveling with a friend). IFE was excellent, I got the new huge screens on 3 of 4 flights. Food was generally good and crew provided good service. Transit through Dubai Airport was fine. The ticket price was a bargain so I am even more satisfied with Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  5 March 2014 by D Holden    (UK)

EK 372 on 27th Feb 2014. We have flown regularly with Emirates for many years and have been very happy. The way the airline dealt with us following the alleged baggage system crash on 27th Feb was appalling. Despite the fact that aircrew know that most passengers baggage had not been loaded, no information was provided during the flight or at the airport. Instead we were left forlornly waiting at the carousel. By the time people twigged what was happening the two ground staff at the information desk were besieged. They were totally unprepared and chaos ensued. Essentially people were abandoned to their own devices with no attempt to communicate or put contingency arrangements in place. This was a repeat of our experience last year which we attributed to a one off aberration. Frankly you can have all the comfort and good food you like but if your customers walk away feeling angry and frustrated you will not get repeat business. Things do go wrong occasionally and most people are pretty reasonable if they know what is happening.

Emirates Customer review :  4 March 2014 by Rema Harshen    (UK)

22nd Feb 2014, arrived in London Gatwick at 11am for our 1.30pm flight to Dubai to be told that the flight was delayed by 6 hours and would not take off until 7pm. Staff at Gatwick and on the flight were unable to give us any information about our connecting flights to India. Landed in Dubai at 6am on 23rd Feb and although all passengers on the flight had missed their connections, there were no ground staff waiting to direct us. Asked to go to the transit desk, found more than 500 people crowded into a small space with no proper queue. Only 2 Emirates staff were available. We stood for 4.5 hours with no refreshments. Communication was very poor and we had no idea how long the wait would be. At 10.30 am, staff started directing passengers to different gates depending on their destination. We sat until 5.30 pm with no information as to which flight we were likely to catch. Although they handed out food vouchers at 2.30pm, they ran out so not everyone got vouchers. At 5.30pm we were finally given boarding cards for the 9.45 pm connecting flight to Trivandrum. Although we waited 16 hours in the airport Emirates were unable to offer us a hotel room or even a lounge. Finally arrived at our destination at 3.45 am on 24th Feb. We appreciate that delays due to bad weather are unavoidable. However Emirates had 24 hours notice after the fog on Saturday morning, and did nothing to prepare for the chaos on Sunday. Communication was extremely poor.

Emirates Customer review :  4 March 2014 by J Faber    (France)

I have flown a few times with Emirates and I can never complain! Had a flight 2 days ago from Sydney to Dubai (14 hours) but it didn't feel that long because the staff were so good.

Emirates Customer review :  4 March 2014 by S Suhel    (USA)

We were stranded in Dubai for over 24 hours. I mean myself and about 60 other passengers because our connecting flight (also an Emirates flight) left without us. None of us received accommodation, no lounge, not even a place to take a proper shower or refresh. We didn't receive boarding passes for the next flight for 17 hours or so, they kept telling us to "come back in 2 hours". This went on all day, I couldn't even leave the airport if I wanted to! Emirates had no sense of organization and zero sympathy for passengers.

Emirates Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Steward William    (UK)

We flew from Birmingham to Cape Town business class which involved a change in Dubai. These flights were on Boeing 777ER planes. Every aspect of the flights was of the highest standards such that for the first time in years we actually looked forward to our return flights! The service was excellent with courteous friendly staff and fabulous food and wine. The seats are roomy and comfortable and we slept for 6+ hours on the Dubai-Cape Town sector - well beyond what we have done on BA and other flights. The provision of mattresses for the seats is a wonderful idea. The entertainment system is superb. In addition the chauffeur cars are a great way to being and s=end a trip. Emirates is a great airline and I will definitely now switch to using them for future flights.

Emirates Customer review :  3 March 2014 by M Abbott    (Singapore)

Singapore - Nice return on a business trip, with a transit in Dubai both ways. Overall the quality of the trip was good. Seats comfortable, slide suite doors a bit gimmicky but definitely help with privacy / quietness for sleeping. Didn't eat on all legs, but when I did, the quality of the a la carte food was excellent. Drinks list wide. ICE system has great content, but the tablet style controller is sometimes unresponsive. In flight wifi / mobile connectivity only available on one leg out of four, which was disappointing, as the one leg that had it was a night leg when I wanted to sleep! Emirates First lounge in DXB very comfortable. All flights on time. Only complaints are that the cabins seemed too warm, and that Dubai airport remains a bit of a mess for transit. Might be better when all construction works complete. Price for this First trip was barely any higher than Singapore Airlines Business class to Europe, so on that basis, the value for money is good. This is a regular trip for me and I'd consider EK next time.

Emirates Customer review :  3 March 2014 by L Osman    (UAE)

First time to be disappointed by EK service. Arrived at the airport on time to find out that my flight to JED was delayed 7 hours, not to mention check in staff didn't know why and why we had not been informed. Asked if I could leave DXB intl to go home and come back, they said no since it was an estimated time and the plane might take off at any time. Stranded at DXB intl for 8 hours. Later on asked another member of ground crew about the update on my flight, he was careless to even answer me properly. Onboard 2 female crew were shouting at passengers. Lack of communication from management to staff dealing with passengers is a major problem. On the return RUH-DXB flight on time, A330-200 the oldest in EK fleet, no entertainment, only one meal option, I was surprised that they are serving a full meal on this short 90 minutes flight. The most uncomfortable seat on a plane. Those aircraft's should be phased out immediately.

Emirates Customer review :  3 March 2014 by John Haggett    (UK)

Manchester to Christchurch via Dubai - 773ER out in Economy and had the best Economy food we have had on a plane. We are frequent flyers and this was excellent, coupled with great crews and their entertainment system made a great flight. Trip back from Auckland was two A380's in Business and again we had good attentive crews and the usual level of service befitting their excellent product. Please keep up the good work re the food.

Emirates Customer review :  28 February 2014 by G Chapman    (UK)

Travelling back from Bangkok on 23rd Feb, our flight was scheduled to land in Dubai Airport at 00.30 local time. Due to the fog from the previous day in Dubai, we were told when checking in that our flight from Bangkok would be delayed 2 hours making our departure time 22.40 instead of 20.40. When we received our boarding passes, they were printed with a departure time of 00.10 meaning a delay of 3.5 hours. After 4 + hours of no updated information, they called us to the gates. Eventually arrive in Dubai at around 5.30 am local time, 5 hours after our scheduled arrival time. After an hour or so with very little movement in queues peoples patience began to wear thin. After 3+ hours we decided to try somewhere else in the airport for answers, I eventually got on a flight at 5pm that day and arrived home around 40 hours after leaving my hotel in Bangkok. I am fast approaching 60 years, have travelled all over the world using many airlines have experienced delays before but never have I encountered such lack of care.

Emirates Customer review :  28 February 2014 by Michel Perrin    (Brazil)

LIS-DXB-KIX. Business Class. Two different experiences: LIS-DXB: Lisbon check-in was terrible. They even charged 6 kg (over 40, ridiculous) extra weight (at Euros48 per kg). Had to queue 50 min to pay them, at a special counter with unprepared and unpleasant staff. Probably a gift for my 1st trip on EK. Boarding: total mess for all classes. No smile. Food, wine and staff on board extremely pleasant. Brand new B777-300ER. Nice, clean. DXB-KIX, the opposite: fast boarding, uneatable food, very regular wines, and no smile from staff, except 1. Planes late on departure and arrival in both cases. no free Wi-fi in DXB. ICE great anyway. Flat bed is Ok.

Emirates Customer review :  28 February 2014 by Hudson Geoff    (Australia)

Emirates A380 Sydney to Auckland economy, returning business using points. Excellent service, although the economy breakfast left a little to be desired. Great IFE using Emirate's ICE system. All in all, a pleasant experience.

Emirates Customer review :  28 February 2014 by A Fahey    (Australia)

Sydney - Christchurch - Sydney. The flight over was acceptable with service pretty poor, only one choice left out of two for the meal, only one side of the sound in my headphones for IFE worked. Seats were cramped and uncomfortable. Flight back was poor. Flight was an hour late departing although they made up a lot of that time. Staff are quite rude, tending to order you around and not showing much interest in customer comfort. My seat had a great big lump in the back like a spring had come loose or something. It was very uncomfortable. I told the FA who wasn't very interested but said she'd see if anything else was available after we took off. I told her I'd like to sit with my wife and she said 'its only a couple of hours so put up with it. It was so uncomfortable I'm not sure what I would have done if it had been a longer haul. food was OK, had a choice this time, IFE OK.

Emirates Customer review :  27 February 2014 by L Cocker    (UK)

Economy, B777-300ER from Manchester to Perth via Dubai. What a pleasant surprise when boarding at Manchester. The seat pitch was far more than I expected, I am 5'8" and there was more than enough room to stretch out. Yes the seats are narrow but I personally didn't find that to be a problem. The entertainment was ICE and not wide screen which was a disappointment as there wasn't as much on offer to watch as advertised. The food was great and the crew very attentive. Upon boarding at Dubai, the IFE this time was ice wide screen and what a difference - absolutely superb. There was so much to choose from! Again the seating was great and the service first class. Return leg was the same routing. Only 84 passengers from Perth to Dubai so we were All able to stretch out and have a row each to ourselves. Older entertainment system again though. Return to Manchester was packed. Even more updated entertainment which huge screens, hand held touchscreen device and a brilliant selection. Tip - if you're travelling economy on this type of aircraft, try and get in the first section of economy as there's less people, the no one walks past and no queue for the toilet. Avoid row 21 though as that is the last row of that cabin section and you do get people waiting for the toilet there. We had row 18 and 19ABC and they were great seats. I will definitely fly Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  27 February 2014 by Lowie Starr    (USA)

EK 215 and EK 823. LAX-DXB and DXB-DMM. Pleasantly surprised, was dreading this flight back because of the bad experience I had during the inbound flight. It wasn't a full flight and I had all 3 seats to myself so could lie down, made the 16hours leg comfortable. Plenty of drink runs and the food was very good, albeit a small quantity but it was spaced well so I wasn't hungry throughout. Attendants were attentive but some seemed disinterested and cabin service can get disorganized at times. ICE was great but did not use much and noticed its the same contents as before. Seemed like catering out of DXB was of poorer quality, hence the return from LAX is better. Transit at DXB was good, arrived in the evening so not a lot of people. DXB-DMM was a hit and miss, food was very good or a 1 hour flight but cabin crew was very disorganized and always on a rush. Landing smooth and communication from the cockpits was ok. All in all was a much better flight than the previous one I had.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014   Copyright Skytrax