Emirates Airline Passenger Reviews and Emirates Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Emirates Passenger Reviews and Emirates customer trip Reports

Emirates Customer review :  5 February 2014 by C Sorensen    (Australia)

Perth to Dubai and then Dubai to Istanbul and return. Main problem is no water or drinks served until 4 hours into a 10.5 hr flight. Service awful. On board entertainment broken for one entire 10.5 hour leg of flight. Really terrible experience. Food was inedible apart from a salad on one of the legs.

Emirates Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Deb Thomas    (UK)

DUB-PER, 23/1/14, QF8424. Plane old and dirty - disorganised boarding, people in my seat refusing to move as they wanted to sit together requiring cabin crew to intervene. In flight entertainment not working. No food or drinks service until nearly 4 hours in to a 10 hour flight. Food served poor quality and cold. When asking for a glass of wine and water cabin crew initially refused saying one drink only (only drinks offered during the 2 meal services). Seat pocket broken. Would not not not recommend unless they upgrade the planes going in to Perth.

Emirates Customer review :  4 February 2014 by J De Fraine    (Australia)

The first class "service" on this Auckland-Melbourne flight was atrocious and for the money I paid, totally unacceptable. Food service was chaotic - I had to ask for bread, wine, and salad dressing was offered with dessert! The person sitting next to me almost didn't get any dinner at all because nobody took her order. No tea or coffee was offered after dinner and repeated calls to flight attendants were ignored. They didn't seem to know what they were doing and spent most of the flight hanging around in the galley area chatting. The good news? Very comfortable seats and great inflight entertainment but they didn't compensate for some of the worst service (any class, any airline) I have ever experienced. I'm going back to Singapore Airlines.

Emirates Customer review :  3 February 2014 by N Henshall    (UK)

Singapore-Melbourne, B777. I've previously said I'd never fly with them again, but this time I had no choice, so I owe them an update. The flight was OK, food wasn't outstanding. Breakfast was awful. I always find Emirates staff and service to be inconsistent across sectors. The ICE entertainment system is very good and there's lots to choose from. The planes are always modern and clean. I prefer Etihad for the food and service and just Emirates for the entertainment.

Emirates Customer review :  3 February 2014 by S Villane    (Australia)

EK 407, AKL-MEL, First Class, A380-800. First class cabin crew seemed very disorganised, inattentive, uninterested and lacking proper management. Pre-flight drinks (champagne only, no juice, no water) were offered to some pax but not others, snack baskets missing from some suites, several calls to flight attendants ignored, no pre-dinner drinks offered. Menu and wine list given but no dinner order taken until I eventually attracted someone's attention and by then it was almost too late. No duty free order taken, complicated seat adjustment/entertainment controls not explained despite requests, customs forms handed out only after final descent. In order to get anyone's attention (call button was repeatedly ignored) I went back to the galley to find the flight attendants sitting around giggling and gossiping. Very sloppy and unprofessional and not what I pay a First Class fare for.

Emirates Customer review :  31 January 2014 by Thompson Alan    (UK)

Sydney to Dubai. Treated myself to a Miles upgrade. What an experience. Huge individual pod, pyjamas, duvet and mattress. Kruger and Leuwin to drink, caviar, a long comfortable sleep - then a shower. A real treat.

Emirates Customer review :  31 January 2014 by Thompson Alan    (UK)

Heathrow to Perth and Dubai to Heathrow. A really good experience, I cannot fault anything other than the cost. A380 is a joy upstairs and the quality in the 777 Business contrasts with the below average and cramped economy.

Emirates Customer review :  31 January 2014 by M Milton    (UK)

Flew LHR-DXB return in January of this year. Seat on A380 spacious and comfortable, ICE system great, toilets clean, flights largely on time. Only problem is the dreadful cabin crew. So disorganised and slow when serving meals. Took 2 hours on the LHR-DXB flight to be offered a drink. In the end I went up to the galley area where the crew were just chatting and asked for water. Meal was served 3 hours into a 6 hour night flight so no one got any sleep. Not a single drinks run after that. Service truly appalling compared to airlines like Singapore airlines. Also, no comfort kit was provided - socks, toothbrush etc which I suppose is a minor thing. Return flight was better as there was one drinks run. Still not great though. Wouldn't choose to fly with them again.

Emirates Customer review :  31 January 2014 by Winlaw Peter    (Australia)

EK432, Singapore-Brisbane, 25/1/2014. Having flown international business class many times on several airlines this trip can only be rated as the worst experience my wife and I have had, in either economy class or business class. Staff were unhelpful and obviously unsuited to their job. From check-in to the final getting off the aircraft was one of poor service. The white wine I was served after takeoff was warm, the lamb I ordered for my meal was overcooked and almost inedible, the entertainment system was awkward to use, and no instructions on how to use it were supplied. The flight attendant asked us after take off whether we were familiar with the entertainment system and when we replied no, she said she would come back and explain, she never came back! I will never fly Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  31 January 2014 by P Graham    (Australia)

29th Jan, Dubai to Perth. Took an hour to check in and drop bags. Plane delayed an hour without telling passengers. Everyone was herded into a tiny departure room so we could wait in discomfort. Had booked kids meals, they didn't arrive. Staff stormed off and came back with kids meals. Rest of the food was some of the worst, dried out pasta, scrambled eggs with the consistency of mashed potato for breakfast. Asked for another drink it never came. Overnight flight included the cabin screens flashing bright white every 20 mins. 25 Jan, London to Dubai. Same carry on with kids meals. Very average service and food. Had to wait 40 minutes for bags after we had cleared passport control. Very disappointed.

Emirates Customer review :  30 January 2014 by Lyell Susan    (UK)

This was our first time flying to Perth Australia via Dubai with Emirates, what a pleasant experience. Staff very attentive and economy class was very comfortable. I was dreading the long flights but found watching a couple of movies on each flight passed the time and two meals on each flight where acceptable and complementary drinks was a nice touch. Will definitely use this airline again, good value for money.

Emirates Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Claire Buchanan    (Australia)

My 13 year old recently flew as an unaccompanied minor with Emirates on a return trip from Perth, Australia to Glasgow (via Dubai). He arrived back in Perth with us yesterday and I have to say I have been very impressed with this service from start to finish. We were naturally dubious about him flying alone at first, but Emirates were organised, efficient and professional. They even upgraded him to first class for one leg of the trip. I would have no hesitation using this service again if need be.

Emirates Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Balamurali Nair    (UK)

12 Dec 2013, Flight EK004 from LHR. Staff on Emirates flight from London to Dubai are getting worse. They ignored both my children (5 and 8 years old), no toys. They did not have the ordered meals for the children. Head steward claimed I had not ordered them but I had proof that I had ordered them. These are A380 flight crew - what is the point in getting a new flight when the staff cannot meet the basics needs of passengers.

Emirates Customer review :  28 January 2014 by J Wood    (UK)

I have flown with Emirates on 8 occasions (Economy) and the flight from Dubai to Gatwick on December 29th 2013 will be the last, I have given the airline the benefit of doubt for too long already. Their prices are sky high and the service on board is chaotic. The staff are friendly enough but uncoordinated. The last 3 times they ran out of the meal I would have preferred. Flying out to Dubai this Christmas it was 3.5 hours into the flight before we received a meal at all, and it was cold. On yet another flight they forgot to serve regular meals (those not pre-booked) to the whole block of seats from the rearward bulkhead onward. On a new A380 a couple of years ago I flew to Dubai from Heathrow with part of the ceiling flapping about above my head. On 2 occasions the ICE entertainment system was faulty. My main complaint though is with the poor cabin service.

Emirates Customer review :  28 January 2014 by K Mansell    (Australia)

Travelled business class on EK434, 23 Jan and EK435, 26 Jan, BNE-AKL-BNE (A380-800). Consistently good service on both flights, with attentive crew and impressive product. Seats very comfortable, and would definitely make for a pleasant long haul flight. IFE boasts extensive selection of movie/music/TV options. Bar lounge is a terrific space to stretch one's legs and socialise with others. Food a little basic for business class standards and some crew lacked wine knowledge, but this didn't really impact too much on the overall experience. Our travel agent ordered a surprise cake for us to celebrate our impending marriage, and the crew made a fuss, even taking a Polaroid picture for us to commemorate the occasion - such a lovely gesture all round! Would not hesitate to fly EK again in the future.

Emirates Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Sohail Mohammad    (New Zealand)

Flew JNB-DXB-LHR. Excellent service and selection of the latest movies and TV series. Both aircraft's (777-300er and A380) were brand new and very comfortable. I have flown this route many times and will always look for a deal with Emirates before looking elsewhere as I know that I can expect the best.

Emirates Customer review :  25 January 2014 by Donald Charlton    (UK)

I flew with my wife in Business class this month from Manchester to Dubai and then changed for another Emirates flight to Singapore. We returned some 7 days later, 4 flights with Emirates, 3 on the A380 and one on a 777-300. The seats on the A380, are fully flat but so narrow only 18.5" (basically an economy class seat that goes flat) and not very comfortable. The 777 seats are a bit wider 20.5", but not full flat. The cabin service on all 4 flights was awful, they have so many different nationalities that clearly do not work well together and they have no real interest in the passengers. They are not organised, never smile and do not seem to know what they are doing. Dubai airport itself is a disaster, chaotic, no helpful ground staff. One of the Business Class lounges was OK, but the other one, in the older Terminal I think, was dirty and run down. We paid over 4500 for the flights, I feel really hard done by.

Emirates Customer review :  24 January 2014 by A Beatson    (UK)

Flew JNB-DXB-LHR. Excellent service and amazing selection of the latest movies and TV series. Both aircraft's (777-300er and A380) were brand new and very comfortable. I have flown this route many times and will always look for a deal with Emirates before looking elsewhere as I know that I can expect the best.

Emirates Customer review :  24 January 2014 by D Panoz    (UK)

JNB to SEA via DXB, 8 hours to DXB, 4 hrs transfer time in DXB plus 14.5 hrs DXB-SEA. Overall impression is very good, as I arrived in SEA feeling OK and managed a full day of activities despite the nearly 30 hours spent travelling. Flight from JNB-DXB was very full, with a few strange seat allocations by ground staff resulting in seat shuffle for many passengers in the Biz cabin so families could sit together etc. Service and food was good although a little rushed; presumably to maximise sleep-time on this 8hr flight. ICE system required re-setting once but then worked well. Staff remembered not to wake me as requested, and I was woken with 30min to landing, and still offered a quick croissant and yoghurt which was appreciated. 7/10 for this flight overall. Dubai lounge was impressive in terms of size and space, although I skipped breakfast. Lounge could possibly do with a few more private areas. I boarded the DXB-SEA flight dreading the 15-odd hours of further flying, but this turned out to be a fantastic flight. Half-empty in Biz, with professional, friendly, and chatty crew, and a real step up in meal quality over the previous night's flight. I spent the flight alternating between the food and drink, sleeping, and the huge selection on the entertainment system. I was particularly impressed with their music choice. Only negative comment on the ICE system is that while the size and clarity of the screens are great, the screens are so big that it can be very distracting if someone is sitting next to you and watching the TV as well. No such issues on the DXB-SEA flight as I was alone in a pair of seats, but seating mishaps on the full JNB-DXB flight meant I had two huge screens from my neighbours as well as mine to contend with when trying to watch a movie. Overall very happy with my experience, as it made the extra-long trip very manageable.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax