Emirates Airline Passenger Reviews and Emirates Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Read Emirates Passenger Reviews and Emirates customer trip Reports

Emirates Customer review :  6 May 2014 by E Wright    (Hong Kong)

Emirates had become my airline of choice because of the great seats and entertainment system on their new A380's. Until my most recent flights I also found their service and food to be among the best. However on my recent flights from HKG to DXB and DXB to Dublin I found both the food and service to be awful. Their switch to serving food in J class on open plates is a disaster. The food ends up lukewarm and dry. I much preferred the sealed container. The food was bland and tasteless. The cabin attendants on both sectors were pretty indifferent. On the second sector service was particularly clueless, with wrong orders and lack of apology. I might just look for other options next time I fly. One thing also to bear in mind if you can avoid it - the HKG-DXB route flies over Bay of Bengal. Turbulence here, as on my flight, can be fairly rough during monsoon season. Also for some reason we had to be bussed to the gate when we reached DXB. The ground journey took 20 minutes. The place where we were dropped off happened to be the confluence between T1 and T3 and as a result a lot of transit passengers headed off in the wrong direction. A frustrating mistake to make at midnight when you are already tired.

Emirates Customer review :  6 May 2014 by Deane Louise Belinda    (Australia)

EK 413, AKL-SYD, 13 April, Business Class. Disappointing service and poor hospitality. Emirates appear to have lost their former sparkle. Problems started at the Emirates Lounge in AKL where numerous Qantas passengers were denied entry due to different rules applying to status levels and guests. Emirates staff looked particularly anguished dealing with the number of complaints they had on this occasion. The Lounge was full to capacity and it was difficult to find a seat with flights going via Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne all around the same time. However, the food in the lounge is exceptionally good compared to competitor offerings at the moment. Onboard, the business class standard on the A380 was poor in hospitality comparison to current competitors. Young, inexperienced staff, surprisingly lacking basic etiquette and manners. Staff looked tired and despondent. During the flight I was either served twice or not at all. Despite the new A380 I was surrounded with broken and depreciated equipment. Meal service, very average. The staff just seemed to want to rush and close down the service as quickly as possible. The pricing is definitely competitive and if hospitality isn't important and you just want to nod off this could still be a good way to travel. For me, the quality is just not good enough in hospitality for business class. Its not just about the IFE and the swish seating capsule. The outbound flight with Air New Zealand may have lacked the latest technology and wizardry in cabin design but made up for it in spades in terms of hospitality, professionalism and overall comfort. Have used Emirates a couple of times over the last few years and couldn't fault them previously. Will avoid them for a while. Clearly lost something as I didn't feel looked after on this occasion.

Emirates Customer review :  6 May 2014 by Jo Smith    (UK)

Birmingham-Dubai-Bangkok-Sydney-Christchurch, NZ 19, January 2014. Economy. Nice food and good service. Birmingham - Dubai was a 777 (2 class) and we had bassinet bulkhead seats, row 8 which gave lots of legroom. Dubai - Bangkok was the A380 which is super comfortable, we had bulkhead behind seats, next to the midships galley. There was some noise from the galley and there is a locker above the seats which is not great, but we were comfortable enough. Bangkok - Sydney was with Qantas, this was the least comfortable as plane was older. Although Emirates is Qantas partner, you cannot pre-assign seats for Qantas flights, so these were our least good seats. Sydney to Christchurch was again a 777 and not full, so I again sat in row 8. I believe that Emirates does not make the (777, 2 class) row 8 bassinet seats available until airport check in. If there are no babies needing them, you can ask at the gate to move into these seats and if you are a frequent flyer, you may get moved, It worked for us.

Emirates Customer review :  6 May 2014 by J Lyde    (New Zealand)

EK 418 - QF 8418 - Bangkok - Sydney. Seats - 17A, 17B, 17,D, 17E, 17F + Bassinet for baby. 24/04/2014. When I saw I was Emirates coming back from Bangkok I was very happy as I had heard great things about them. In the end it was a disaster. Couldn't check in all the way through with my family at Phuket so had to wait until a desk opened in Bangkok, then best part of 45 mins. Once on the aircraft we had been split up so cabin crew tried to sort this out but a very large person who had booked the seat insisted having it. It was sorted in the end but took a long time. As for the seats, they where like rocks to sit on for any time. I was amazed that the cabins have large screen that keep coming on and off telling us here we are. One was directly over my 5 month old Granddaughter and every time it came on it woke her up. Even with the eye shades provided for passengers the bright light came through making it impossible to rest or sleep. Over all very disappointed.

Emirates Customer review :  5 May 2014 by J Gromek    (Poland)

On a recent flight on 22 April from Warsaw to Guangzhou via Dubai (EK180) I was upgraded to Business Class. Finally I get to sample the much advertised Emirates Business Class. The Business Class was full and so was the entire flight I assume. The welcome was the usual that you get with the welcome drink but none of the staff offered to take my jacket. After take off the bar service started quite late. There was a wait of approximately 40 minutes. The second round of drinks took ages. I had ordered a second whisky which the staff conveniently forgot. I had to remind to which I was given a curt unapologetic "it's being made"! That too by the chief purser, a lady in her 50's. During the meal which was nice the wine came only once. I had to remind the stewardess to fill-up my long empty glass. The staff was not well-informed about the plane either. I asked one if it was the new 777 to which she replied that she did not know. She never bothered to find-out and inform either. I can say one thing about Emirates. The hardware is there but the 'software' still needs to be updated. Staff training on customer satisfaction has to be intensified. I would not recommend anyone to buy the Business Class unless it's only for the additional comfort. Service is definitely lacking. Wonder what the First Class is like. Taking into account my experience in the Business Class I am certain the pampering is non-existent. Frankly I prefer Lufthansa. The service in all classes is very good and that keeps you aching for more.

Emirates Customer review :  5 May 2014 by R Killen    (Switzerland)

Flew from Zurich to Tokyo via Dubai. The flight was efficiently handled. B777 on the way out was fine, though the seating was not better than normal. A380 from DXB to ZRH had noticeably more seat space and was remarkably quiet. Meals were exceptionally good, but service was patchy. Not everyone got coffee, maybe the team needs to bring in some f/b to improve there.

Emirates Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Franz Koepernik    (Germany)

Flight EK050/EK705 in Economy Flight EK706/EK051 in Business. Used special EK offer for business class. From MUC to DXB and back A380: comfortable seats with enough leg room even in Economy! DXB to SEZ a very different story: A340-500 with really cramped seating in Economy, seats in Business on SEZ to DXB are not lie-flat and not comfortable. Food ok on 3 legs, but worse (with old bread) in Business on SEZ-DXB leg. However, can not understand the policy of EK to serve breakfast on a night flight at 3am on DXB-SEZ leg in Economy whereas the C-Cl and First Class Pax could sleep. Crew in general were polite, but seemed very unorganised with bad service in Business Class on SEZ-DXB leg: they just served coffee and tea after breakfast with no refills and no additional drink rounds or offers. Personally addressed in C only on the DXB-MUC leg but also forgot after dinner to serve coffee or tea and the chocolate to me and my wife. In MUC they had troubles fixing the airbridge at the upper deck which resulted in late disembarking of all C and F-Class pax so at the passport control all Y-Pax (almost 300-400) were in front while the priority baggage was already on the bag carousel. IFE as already mentioned before: wonderful but not working properly on DXB-SEZ leg.

Emirates Customer review :  2 May 2014 by M Adams    (UK)

Flew LGW to SYD via DXB then Perth to LGW. All four flights were on time and pain free. Able to book seats on all flights well in advance and choose rear doubles on 777-300s which gave additional space albeit with crew reserved seats behind. Caught up on most of the films I had wanted to see for the past 6 months and a few more beside. Very good quality meals with real metal cutlery provided. Rest rooms were kept clean by flight crew who were always available to offer service - although not too difficult when they are only just behind you! Love to get the chance to fly Emirates again. Wish they flew direct to USA from London!

Emirates Customer review :  1 May 2014 by Patel Rashied    (UK)

First problem on EK018, only 1 USB port worked between 3 seats. When I placed the food tray down there was remnants of the last meal and coffee stains all over it. EK805 delayed approx. 2.5 hours, combined with delay in immigration caused me to miss my connecting flight in Jeddah, resulting in a 9 hour wait for a place on connecting flight. I arrived at my destination in Medinah 12 hours after I was supposed to. EK802 delayed 1.5 hrs from Jeddah. I ordered Asian veg meal but was served an omelette with sausage. EK017 delayed 15-20 mins causing me to miss my train which I had booked before travelling. The food on the outward journey was very bland, but on the flight to Manchester was wonderful. The only consolation is I was travelling alone and not with my family.

Emirates Customer review :  1 May 2014 by G Santi    (UK)

LHR-DXB-LHR in Y on A380 - for leg room and width still the best in economy on this plane - I'm 6'3 no problems on a 7 hrs flight. IFE excellent as always. Food - EK have changed there attractive economy meal tray set ups to all half size trays and very standard shape dishes - food still good but no room to move things round and very charter carrier style - shame! Although 391 return to DXB cant complain at all.

Emirates Customer review :  1 May 2014 by Williams Anthony    (UK)

MAN-DXB-HKT in business. Excellent in every aspect. Picked up at home by driver, lounge facility at Manchester were most impressive. Comfort levels on 777 were very high and better than on the A380. EK will be my airline of choice in the future. The whole experience was of the highest standard but spoiled by the lamentable security staff at Manchester. This was beyond the control of Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  1 May 2014 by Dianne Gough    (Australia)

Dubai - Brisbane. We were incredibly lucky to find our economy cabin only half full so were each able to have a row of seats to ourselves and could stretch out and relax/sleep. Cabin staff were wonderful. We had just come off an Emirates flight from Paris to Dubai where the cabin crew bickered and insulted each other, so were pleasantly surprised to have friendly and helpful crew on this leg. Food was good. Drinks were provided regularly throughout the flight. Toilets were kept maintained. Staff were attentive and came promptly if called. I hope our flights in June/July with Emirates are as good as this one.

Emirates Customer review :  29 April 2014 by F Mastrolia    (Italy)

MUC-DXB-JNB - Very good experience. Great A380 and Boeing 777, clean, bright and colourful inside, good seats. Wonderful entertainment on flights. Great food and drinks. For veggie, very good meals (asiatic and lacto-ovo). Nice the idea of the menu printed for each passenger and the stickers to put on seat to remind staff to wake you up if fallen asleep during meals time! A sweet fragrance applied to the cabin before departure, pleasant! The service, quick and complete. Crew members very helpful, smiles in each circumstance, and well-instructed. Toilets often cleaned up. We had a great sleep with the little lights on the top of the cabin and awoke with soft orange, pink lights in the early morning.

Emirates Customer review :  29 April 2014 by D Samonte    (Australia)

Fortunate enough to fly EK without going to Dubai, flew MEL-AKL-MEL, aircraft on both ways were the A380-800, very good experience on both ways, both on time. Food was fine, FA's are very attentive, the ICE entertainment was top class. Would fly them again in the future and would highly recommend them, at least on this sector.

Emirates Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Raje Rohit    (India)

EK503, Bombay to Dubai, newest 777ER300. Left around 15 minutes late but arrived on time. The newest 777ER300 had the ultra-modern ICE (Information Communication Entertainment) System with touch-enabled extra-wide screens. Remotes were looking like Ipads. State-of-the art InFlight Entertainment system. The aircraft was new and looked very clean. Everything was in perfect order. There were star like mini-lights on the passenger walkway ceiling which gave a calm effect. Ground crew were very helpful and answered all queries. The Cabin Crew were extremely helpful, friendly and responded to all requests very quickly. Unlike other airlines, Emirates has very comfortable seats with plenty of leg space in Economy. The Business and First class portrayed infinite luxury never seen before in any other airline. The food was very appetizing. The food is selected according to the flight route, which means that the food is selected according to the cuisine of the departure and arrival cities. I had the Chicken Biryani and it was the tastiest Chicken Biryani I have had so far!

Emirates Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Wadhwani Preeti    (USA)

DXB to JFK On A380, Business Class. Special check in counters for business class and the lounge had nice food choices. Spectacular service inflight with excellent food choice and wines. FA very attentive and very comfortable seat, the best airline so far.

Emirates Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Michael Gardiner    (UK)

EK20, MAN-DXB overnight on 25-26 April (B777-300ER), connecting with EK863, DXB-MCT on 26 April (A330-200). The chauffeur service arrived promptly at my home and, as always, was immaculately turned out. Our drive to Manchester was made tedious by heavy Friday traffic but the driver handled everything calmly and with good humour. At the terminal I was checked in swiftly and 20 minutes later was in the Emirates lounge (this included time spent picking up some last-minute purchases). Boarding was on time and the flight left slightly early. After watching a film and enjoying supper I got 4 hours solid sleep, waking up about 50 minutes out of Dubai. We landed a few minutes early and it took only 20 minutes including the security check to get to the gate for my connecting flight, despite this leaving from Concourse C and the arrival having parked right at the end of Concourse B. The flight to Muscat had particularly personable cabin crew; we were on time and for a change I even had a light breakfast on this 40-minute hop rather than falling asleep! In all, a perfect trip: no fuss, no worries. I make this journey every 5 weeks and this was the kind of faultless, seamless performance that sets Emirates apart and makes my regular 'commute' to Muscat much more than merely tolerable.

Emirates Customer review :  26 April 2014 by Mirza Umair Tanveer    (Pakistan)

I flew KHI-DXB-JNB and return same route. This time I flew London Gatwick-DXB-ISB. The aircraft's were new and tidy. But, the toilet had a broken handwash and it was not that clean. I was not provided with headphones and had to ask for them. Staff were not attentive and seemed in a rush. Secondly, I asked for water, the cabin crew came after such a very long time. The food was good but the service was not enough good.

Emirates Customer review :  25 April 2014 by Ritchie Craig    (Australia)

EK404 Dubai to Singapore, 777ER300, 14 April 2014. Left around 30 minutes late but arrived on time into Singapore. Cabin crew excellent, meal was excellent with the crew constantly wandering around the plane handing out drinks and snacks. In flight entertainment was excellent. The trip was just on 8 hours long during the day, but thanks to the service and IFE, the time flew by.

Emirates Customer review :  25 April 2014 by A Ahmed    (UK)

NCL-DXB-DAC-DXB-NCL. Departed from NCL on newest 777-300ER with newest ICE system, flight very full but experience was overall pleasant. Catering from NCL is generally always good, there was nothing to complain about and staff were efficient and generally good, if not over-friendly. Flight from DXB-DAC was on time and again very full on older 777-200 with older ICE system. Cabin Crew on this sector were excellent however and even checked in on my mother who had been upgraded to Business Class for us. Toilets in ridiculous state given 4 hour flight, but again due to clientele rather than crews fault. Return was on Christmas Eve, and surprisingly busy flight from DAC-DXB. Return flight is always over-timed by an hour - meant we didn't get on to the plane until an hour after arriving at the gate. Flight was on newer 777-200ER with newest ICE system. Cabin service was efficient and brusque if not necessarily very friendly and inflight catering was ok. Arrival into Dubai was early and the airport was very quiet - we had a wait of more than 4 hours for connection to NCL - so collected our complimentary food vouchers from transfer desk. DXB-NCL unusually on 3 class 777-300ER with newest ICE system. Cabin Crew were unusually mostly British due to a lot returning home for Christmas break. Catering was disappointing with choice particularly breakfast offering but otherwise pleasant. Arrival into NCL was late and held on tarmac for rather unusual amount of time before being parked at remote stand and bussed to terminal. Baggage out promptly. Would use again based on this experience - the sector DAC is never an easy one and on the whole Emirates made the experience rather more tolerable than it can be and the price was incredible value for money especially long-haul from a regional UK destination.

Emirates Customer review :  25 April 2014 by Ritchie Craig    (Australia)

EK355, Singapore to Dubai, A380, 10 April 2014. We had aisle seats, the service was excellent with an excellent meal. Inflight entertainment was extremely good with a vast selection to choose from during the 8 hour flight. Flight left a little late but arrived on time into Dubai at 0.55. Cabin crew very attentive and provided great service to those of us in cattle class throughout the flight.

Emirates Customer review :  24 April 2014 by Martina Cooper    (Australia)

24 Jan 2014, EK412 Dubai - Sydney. I am well travelled and have experienced many airlines but this was the worst in terms of staff inexperience and rudeness. The service was appalling with a young, rude and inexperienced cabin crew. I had to ask to have my food tray removed on two occasions. I had to ask for coffee and when it arrived, without apology, it was cold. There was no help with overhead storage. They need to take notice of customer complaints.

Emirates Customer review :  24 April 2014 by A Petersen    (UK)

BHX-DXB-KUL. Probably the worst long haul flights I have had. Emirates seems to have deteriorated considerably since my last trip in 2010. Outbound flight was spoilt by passengers who wandering about the cabin visiting friends/relatives at all hours of the night and were not controlled by the cabin crew even when seat belt signs were lit. Although things were better on the return legs staff seemed generally disinterested and demoralised. Food service was very slow (over an hour to serve breakfast). Drinks were served after the meal rather than before. Altogether a very disappointing experience.

Emirates Customer review :  23 April 2014 by J Duguy    (France)

Flew EK 74, EK382, business class, April 6. Cabin staff good although noticed difference of service between the 2 flights in term of welcome, I am a skywards member, and the "welcome back" when you board not always there. Toiletries pouch given on one sector not on the other, why? Where EK fails miserably is on ground staff, sometimes rude and not really concerned with passengers experience and well being, Late departure from CDG (accepted) which meant missing connection in DXB although promised that we would make (unacceptable) and late departure from DXB (unexplained) which meant missing connection in HKG and refused access to Lounge for 12 hours wait.

Emirates Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Joseph Cunningham    (UK)

I've flown Emirates on a regular basis for 8 years and up to 2 years ago I had no real problems and planes were never delayed more than 5 or 10 mins. However in the last 2 years I have increasingly experienced delays which coupled with the ludicrous different terminal and concourse situation at Dubai has led to problems in transfers at DXB. My last two trips LGW-DXB-Bkk involved 4 sector flights each and in those trips only one flight was on time. Last night I flew DXB to LGW on a A380 (500 passengers), arriving at the boarding gate 45 mins before departure I saw that boarding had started and majority of economy passengers had boarded. I was told there was a delay so better to wait in the business lounge. Only one announcement was made. No further announcements or information given. 70 mins later a large Indian tour party (40 persons) arrived at the gate and immediately a final call for boarding was issued and the flight took off. Clearly the flight of 500 persons was delayed to satisfy the tour party. Talking to fellow passengers at DXB, on the plane and at LGW it seems the reliability is slipping. The service on board is hit and miss and in fact last night's service DXB-LGW and the LGW ground support was the worst I have experienced.

Emirates Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Ron Thomas    (UK)

I'm a regular traveller, albeit mainly short haul. When visiting friends I wanted to experience a flight on an Airbus 380 in Business. Big disappointment, but waited to form an opinion until after the return flight. In my view there are just too many business class passengers to cabin crew and it is just not possible to get the level of service you expect from a business class flight. Significantly inferior to other aircraft configurations. Food quality was poor and you are left without being asked if you would like a glass of wine to go with your meal. By the time they arrive the meal is finished. I would recommend you avoid this if you want a high level experience. I usually try to fly via Doha with Qatar when going in this direction, and will return to that route of travel in future.

Emirates Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Rod McGuire    (Australia)

SYD-DXB-CDG and CMN-DXB. Seating is tight, particularly on the 777 compared to the A380 (don't like the 10 abreast idea). Cabin staff look good and do everything expected of them but do seem a little cold and lack warmth. Was disappointed that both DXB arrivals were at remote gates which makes the arrival experience tedious. Used the Dubai Connect hotel/transfer service from Casablanca (connecting onto Qantas at DXB) which is a godsend. Was impressed how efficiently it all worked. DXB airport is huge but works reasonably well. Enjoyed using the Business Lounge, possible because of my Qantas Club membership. IFE is excellent.

Emirates Customer review :  22 April 2014 by E Jasienski    (South Korea)

I flew from Copenhagen to Dubai in January 2014, on the brand new 777-ER. The seats were comfortable and the service was excellent. For the entertainment you didn't need to use the corded control, they supplied you with a tablet to control your entertainment. If you didn't like the screen, or you wanted to play games the tablet was a great option. I had some problems with the people in front of me. It was a family of 3, the child tossed crisps onto me, and the parents couldn't care less. Staff said nothing to the parents.

Emirates Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Roger Stone    (Australia)

HKG-DXB-MXP (Malpensa Milan) in Business Class - my first experience with Emirates and an excellent experience overall. Superb service, food and wine. As a Qantas Platinum I was able to use the Emirates First Class Lounge while in transit through Dubai and was served a delicious lunch and fine wine with impeccable service. In regards to the flights themselves, I cannot think of a single negative comment to make.

Emirates Customer review :  20 April 2014 by N Spears    (USA)

Flew from LAX to Dubai on 3/25/14 and back on 4/15/14. The service level was poor! The food was lousy and the bathrooms were dirty and out of stock! There were trash on the cabin floor and none of the attendants bothered to pick it up! The food trays stayed in front of passengers for at least 40 minutes before they were picked up. The internet connection was very poor and I kept being disconnected every few seconds! When passengers, myself included used the button to call an attendant, no one paid any attention! Mine was on for 30 minutes before an attendant turned it off while he was passing by and didn't even bother to ask me why I turned it on!

Emirates Customer review :  17 April 2014 by A Firmansyah    (USA)

EK231, April 14 2014. Overall experience: unsatisfactory, rude flight attendants. My first time flying economy class with Emirates and I will never use them again. Flight attendants were rude when serving meals. My wife was asked what kind of food she would like and she said chicken. In a rude tone the flight attendant said they were out of chicken and only had vegetarian while throwing the meal to my wife. When serving the second meals (breakfast), the same thing happened. Finally she came back with the food of our choice.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax