Emirates Airline Passenger Reviews and Emirates Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Emirates
3.5 Star Rating: Good

Emirates Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Calvin Richmond    (New Zealand)

I flew AKL-MEL-DXB-JNB with a minor stop in DUR due to OR Tambo Airport (JNB) being closed due to severe weather. Wheels up at Auckland as EK407 at 6.00pm on an Airbus A380 for a 4 hour flight to Melbourne. The food on the first leg to MEL was excellent. It was Mediterranean chicken. We were in MEL for 1.45 hours to fuel up and pick up/drop passengers off. The second leg was 15 hours to Dubai from Melbourne but with the great in flight entertainment systems and comfy seats the time flew past quickly. Early morning arrival into Dubai at 5.20am then for a 5 hour wait to catch flight EK763 which was a Boeing 777-300ER. Great flight until we hit severe turbulence over the middle of Africa. We dropped a couple of feet which was scary but the EK staff kept us calm and served us refreshments after the turbulence had past. Just before we were about to descend into Johannesburg we were diverted to Durban due to bad weather in JNB. We were in Durban for 2 hours but we weren't allowed off the plane. But the EK staff were excellent, they gave us refreshments and they were mingling with the passengers. Highly recommend flying with Emirates, great seats (economy), in-flight entertainment systems are excellent and the staff are impeccable. I flew JNB-DXB-SYD-AKL on the way back home with the same excellent service.

Emirates Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Anders Pedersen    (Denmark)

NBO-DXB-SGN on 20-21 July 2014. Travels on Boeings 777-300 and 777-200 respectively. Flights on time. Wonderful service from ground staff throughout. Smooth hotel stay (all inclusive) provided and perfectly arranged by EK in DXB due to long transfer. I was only dissatisfied in DXB with a 40 minutes bus ride from aircraft to gate in the middle of the night - unbelievable and extremely tiring. On board: FAs of superior kindness, alertness, and professionalism. IFE outstanding. Food: Special meal provided. Other passengers were provided with three options, all of acceptable quality. Many soft drinks available. 3 options for beers, but all industrial, waterish, and with a boring taste. Wines tolerable, there were 2 red wines in mini bottles and 1 white-wine. DXB-SGN was another tiresome new bus ride for 45 Minutes (including a stop for 20 minutes standing as planes were taxiing. Economy cabin was completely full. Food even better than on the previous flight, including special meal. Drinks very generous. Staff did well despite a very crowded economy cabin. Too many seats squeezed in (3-4-3 configuration) which make extremely narrow aisles which hardly can accommodate a trolley. Compared to Qatar Airways Emirates appear to be regaining the lead as (apart from DXB bus experience) they are overall more professional even to customers without status cards.

Emirates Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Michael Mainwaring    (UK)

Gatwick to Singapore with a 20 hour stopover in Dubai. Difficult to beat Emirates business class on the A380 in terms of value for money. Only complaint is the shortage of toilets.

Emirates Customer review :  23 July 2014 by Kevin Francis    (Australia)

Brisbane - Auckland return on A380. Used online check-in both ways and service was great. Completed bag drop very quickly and efficiently in both directions. This was my first return flight Bris-Auck on their A380. Had travelled Dubai/Heathrow, Auck/Bris prior to this. Not disappointed. Flight time a lot quicker than 777, and A340 previously used on this route. Boarding was as quick as the smaller aircraft. In the past I have avoided seats in front of the bulkhead however found. Row 50 has plenty of space to recline, which avoids disputes with the passenger behind, and also gets you off the aircraft quicker.

Emirates Customer review :  23 July 2014 by S Hatcher    (Australia)

We have traveled 8 international legs with Emirates in the past 16 months so we have had a good opportunity to check out this airline. It is our experience that they are so focused on their business and first class customers that they do not care about economy despite the huge number of passengers that they cram into economy seating. Food takes so long to be served to economy customer that if you are seated towards the back it is cold once it eventually arrives. It is also our experience that you can expect to have you dinner tray on your tray table for at least on hour after you have finished. Service other than for meals is almost non existent and economy is severely understaffed. Legs out of Dubai to Sydney are particularly bad and the check in processes in Dubai simply terrible - long queues and slow processing. Inflight movies limited. Every time we have flown from Dubai to Sydney there has been a huge hassle with our seating despite having booked our seats months in advance. One time my husband and I were not seated together despite having been allocated seating together - they gave our seats to a sporting group. It is our opinion that this airline does not care about economy class customers. We have flown with many other airlines so have a good idea of the basic standard that one would expect in economy and in our opinion Emirates does not meet event the most basic standard.

Emirates Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Nguyen Anh    (Vietnam)

Flew 2 weeks ago from Ho Chi Minh city (SGN) - (DXB - transit) - LHR (London) and back. My first time flying with Emirates. I was served with a hot towel and was able to watch my a film during take off. After flying for 5 hours, I needed my bag with me. Unfortunately, it was in the locker which was too high for me to reach so when I saw a flight attendant pass by, I asked her if she could help. She helped me open the locker eventually but her attitude left me disappointed! On my way back from DXB to SGN, I was lucky to have a lovely flight crew. In general, the on board entertainment was very impressive. Even though the hot meals were served quickly, they didn't taste good, the food was incredibly salty and I couldn't finish it. The desserts, on the other hand, were the best amongst airlines.

Emirates Customer review :  21 July 2014 by R Turner    (Australia)

A recent trip to Europe with Qantas/Emirates involved three legs with Emirates and one (Dubai to Sydney) with Qantas. Two of the Emirates legs were OK but the leg from Barcelona to Dubai was not up to any realistic standard for economy let alone business class. The food was barely edible (my wife's was inedible) and the service was appalling. No tea or coffee offered after the meal and resentment shown when my wife asked for some. They basically left us alone except for serving the meal. three previous flights with Emirates have been much better. other aspects of the flight (on time, check in etc were fine and the Dubai terminal is excellent). The Qantas link with Emirates also works well if flying into Europe without having to go through London. Saves a lot of time.

Emirates Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Wipfler André    (Switzerland)

EK 88, ZRH-DXB, 05/03/14. EK 318, DXB-NRT, 05/04/14. EK 317, KIX-DXB, 05/14/14. EK 87, DXB-ZRH, 05/15/14. The best I have experienced! From the chauffeur service to check-in and boarding, the service was excellent. The A380 with the shower onboard is fantastic. Food and beverages excellent. I would highly recommend Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Paul Knight    (Spain)

Flew economy LGW-AK, all cabin crew excellent. Seats on 777 LGW-DUB dub cramped, 3x4x3 config. A380 could not fault - great service on all 4 flights.

Emirates Customer review :  18 July 2014 by B Hamilton    (Australia)

Quick trip to London last weekend. First time on Emirates and not the last. Haven't flown for a long time due to illness and the impatient and entitled behaviour of passengers was disappointing to see as the crew has a difficult job already trying to navigate people's expectations. I have nothing negative to say. Check-in was a breeze each way. Food was fantastic and plentiful. Travelling with children can be stressful at any time but saw crew assisting them and parents with respect and care. Am travelling long-haul again twice in the next 3 months. I'll be going with Emirate again for those.

Emirates Customer review :  18 July 2014 by P Beames    (Australia)

EK0025, DXB-GLA on 25/11/13, EK0048, FRA-DXB on 4/2/14 and EK43,4 DXB-BNE on 5/2/14. Poor service. Food is terrible. Ads before watching anything on in-flight entertainment are annoying and seem unnecessary. Treatment of economy passengers is one of disdain as though you are an inconvenience.

Emirates Customer review :  16 July 2014 by S Roche    (Australia)

SYD-DXB-DUB. DUB-DXB. I have mixed feelings about Emirates. I was very impressed with the efficiency of meal service and taking up the trays when finished (some airlines leave you waiting for ages). On the other hand on the Sydney to Dubai leg the crew were very straight faced and wouldn't crack a smile. It was as if they had a timetable of stuff to do and any other communication was an inconvenience to them. A cabin crew member was very rude pushing by me as I was waiting for the bathroom and she did not excuse herself. I asked for a second wine when all meals and clean up etc. had eased off and was left 40 minutes waiting and had to search out the guy I asked. From Dubai to Dublin was the same experience minus the wine. Food was awful - stale rock hard croissant was included in the breakfast. On the way back I had trouble with my travel agent booking and the ground staff in Dublin were very kind and helpful. The Dublin to Dubai leg was very enjoyable - crew seemed happy and engaged with passengers and food was slightly better that my trip from Sydney to Dublin. I would recommend plunger coffee - Emirates serve instant. Each plane was very comfortable. I could stretch out - I am 5'7' and my partner is 6ft and a large build. We were very impressed with the comfort on both the a380 and the 777. Entertainment was my lifesaver.

Emirates Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Hassan Fahad    (Pakistan)

Flew Emirates for the 4th time and the in-flight experience keeps on getting better and better! After flying thrice on-board Emirates between the KHI-DXB sector in the past, my recent trip with the same airline consisted of two sectors: KHI-DXB-IST (EK601 & EK123) and IST-DXB-KHI (EK 122 & EK600). Aircraft's were their B777-300(ER) which I love although some people might find the 3-4-3 configuration to be a little cramped. The B777-300(ER) aircraft's operated on the two flights during my inbound journey (A6-ENO and A6-ENI) were some of the latest in the fleet and their seats were equipped with the all new ICE Digital Screen which consists of a 12" IFE Touchscreen and a touch-enabled remote control. Food and beverages were great with sufficient meals and a good variety of drinks. Staff service was good as well. Overall, it was an excellent journey.

Emirates Customer review :  13 July 2014 by P Hill    (Australia)

I have flown with Emirates on and off for the last 10 years and have enjoyed great service over the years and seen a lot of improvements. My most recent flight was LGW to DXB on the A380. This plane is great and the bar / lounge is a must not just a gimmick as seen on other airlines. My only negative is that the meal service has been steadily declining over the years. First the 'As You like It' menu disappears and now it seems that to obtain a glass of wine with your meal you have to wait until you have nearly finished for the wine to appear. Its the little touches that make flying Emirates a pleasure but they need to be maintained otherwise Qatar and Etihad with their dine on demand will gain more business.

Emirates Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Manootham Steven    (Germany)

BKK-DXB-HAM. BKK-DXB Morning Flight EK375 - long check-in queue but check-in staff at Bangkok were friendly. Delayed 30 mins due to waiting for all passengers to finish boarding. A380 full but still roomy in Y (great aircraft) no highlight - same experience as inbound flight in May - very slow service. As the lunch tray arrived to my row it was cold - quality and quantity under 4 stars airline standard. DXB-HAM on EK 61 (B777-300ER) flight full/ no more to say about the feeling of 3-4-3 seating. On this flight the crew was very rude, inexperienced and the poorest inflight-service I have received on EK - very chaotic, no system. Crews forgot which seat rows they have already served drinks to and which rows they had not. After meals passengers sitting in seats A to E were served drinks tea or coffee twice while the left hand side passengers (F to K) did not get any. Hours later crews noted this mistake during the collecting of meal trays as the coffee cups were unused and it was too late to serve as we were on landing process and no apology came.

Emirates Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Anoma Yao    (Ivory Coast)

ABJ-DXB-SIN, June 22nd-23rd. Good experience overall. Emirates staff improved its service since our previous flights one year ago. On board service is good, beverages offered very regularly including on night flights. Food and snacks are excellent. IFE was excellent on the Dubai-Singapore leg but quite average on the Abidjan-Dubai one. Both legs were on B777 and the 3-4-3 seat configuration is quite uncomfortable, especially for a 2 times 8 hours journey. But the main setback remains the transfer at Dubai, with this incredible and uncomfortable 20 min bus drive from the plane to terminal 3, a bit problematic if you have a short time connection and have to queue to security check and walk across those long corridor to reach your departing gate, something Emirates whose traffic is mostly longhaul transited through this Airport, should fix.

Emirates Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Liam Moulton    (Indonesia)

Flew on a round trip from Jakarta to Newcastle via Dubai. Once again I was not disappointed flying Emirates. The cabin crew are attentive and have an excellent attitude. The food and entertainment system are the best in the business. Previously queues at Dubai airport security checkpoint for transit passengers could be a nightmare but this has improved drastically with the introduction of a 'snake' queuing system. I was through security in less than 10 minutes while in transit. The only things that could be improved by Emirates are: 1) It could remove the 10-abreast seating arrangement in Economy class on its 777 fleet and switch to a standard 9-abreast arrangement as seats are currently too narrow. 2) A snackbox on the galley similar to that of the British Airways 'tuckbox' would be a useful addition. Nevertheless Emirates will always remain one of my first choice airlines based on my experiences with them so far.

Emirates Customer review :  7 July 2014 by M Smith    (UK)

We arrived in London Gatwick for our 13.35 flight to Dubai to be told that the flight was delayed 6 hours and would not take off until 19.00 so we asked to move/change our connecting flight from Dubai (knowing that we would have missed it for sure) but were told multiple times that it could not be done in the UK but it would have been done quickly in Dubai airport transfer desk. When we arrived in Dubai airport all the serious problems started as we went to the infamous transfer desk and found more than a 1000 people crowded into a small space with no proper queue. Only 2 Emirates staff were available. We stood queuing for about 6/7 hours with no refreshments and in a very warm environment. Communication was very poor and we had no idea how long the wait would be. At around 12/12.30 so after nearly 6/7 hours (standing, queuing, sweating, with no water or possibility to go to the toilet) we were finally moved onto another flight leaving at 23.00 (further 11 hours wait) we were handed out only 1 food voucher each even if we had to wait 18 hours inside Dubai airport and although we waited so long Emirates were unable to offer us a hotel room or even a lounge. The food vouchers were used for breakfast but when we went back to ask for more vouchers for lunch/dinner we were told that they were all finish so We had to pay for our own lunch and dinner. Worst customer service ever, lack of communication, lack of organization and lack of care for customers. Definitely would not recommend, also Airline refuses to compensate blaming natural causes when they had more than a day to prepare for all the delayed planes to arrive and the fog was only the day before for 2/3 hours.

Emirates Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Dave Andrew    (UK)

Flew EK385 - A380, BKK to DXB and EK27 - 777-300er DXB to GLA on 5th July. Flew in Economy on both legs and have to say that I was very impressed by the cabin crew who were extremely helpful and friendly on both flights and did an outstanding professional job in looking after me. Food was adequate and very tasty. Planes very modern clean and safety was paramount and the pilots were very exceptional on both flights informing everyone of the route turbulence etc. ICE was very good with plenty up to date movies to keep everyone entertained. I was lucky to be given 3 seats to myself on EK27 even though the flight was fully booked. Both flights were on time and arrived early at both destinations. I really enjoyed my flights and cannot find any faults or complaints.

Emirates Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Misra Shlok    (UAE)

Flew from Dubai to Delhi on 26th June, 2014 and back to Dubai on 6th July,2014. The aircraft was a Boeing 777-300 in both the cases. The aircraft was neat and clean but was a bit cramped. The staff isn't that courteous though. The IFE system seemed very old. Overall, it was a good experience.

Emirates Customer review :  2 July 2014 by C Machado    (Australia)

Flew BCN-DXB on 23/06 in an A380. Comfortable, roomy. Excellent IFE, although I didn't avail myself of the myriad of choices - too many violent films. I found that the controls are not all that user friendly (flying to/from Europe). Pleasant staff. Food was fine. Arrived Dubai 00.50 am (24/06) and we had 70 minutes to transfer to our connecting flight. When I requested a priority transfer whilst checking in at Barcelona, the staff member was disinterested and unhelpful. It took a lot of fast walking and anxiety but we made our 02.05 am connection DXB- ADL. The Boeing 777 made me realise what cattle class is. Cramped and the seats are appallingly uncomfortable. For the 12hr journey, we were served breakfast and lunch, hot pizza snacks were handed out only to awake passengers. Chocolate bars and fruit were readily available. Very pleasant staff. The toilets were kept pristine on both legs - very impressed. Aisles in the Boeing are very narrow so that when one is walking for exercise or to the toilet, one is constantly bumping other passengers. In our hurry to get our connecting DXB-ADL flight, my husband left our camera in the seat pocket of the A38! We spoke to the site manager on our arrival in Adelaide (24/06) and gave him the necessary details. The next day (25/06), I received a call from the Emirates office in Adelaide Airport to say that the camera had been located and that it would arrive on the DXB-ADL flight on Thursday night. So professional, so helpful.

Emirates Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

First class on this brand new A380-800 from New York to Dubai is truly an excellent flying experience. From the time you board, to the time you disembark in Dubai, you would never know that you're traveling with 500 other pax! I'm always amazed how Emirates is able to create such an exclusive travel experience in first class, while also meeting the demands of the other fellow passengers on the plane. The private suite is spacious, the personalized service exceptional, the IFE works very well. And then of course there is the shower. Just after take off you book a slot for your pre-arrival shower and this does make a difference after a 13+ hour flight, for you walk off that flight feeling refreshed and clean and smelling good.

Emirates Customer review :  1 July 2014 by J Gardiner    (UK)

I have had 2 return journeys with Emirates to the Seychelles via Dubai from Heathrow within the last 3 months (EK002 & 3) and from Dubai to Seychelles and back and I have to say I was really shocked at how under-performing the cabin crew were. On those separate four journeys I found the Cabin Crew miserable, sarcastic, rude and looking like they really would like to be anywhere other than where they were. In a nutshell I have left the planes on each occasion really rather appalled at the lack of customer service and I have no wish to fly again with them anytime soon. On one of the flights food was almost thrown at us and scrambling to find anything to give to us as we were last rows of seats, on my most recent flight back from Dubai the stewardess just before landing said I will be back (she was collecting blankets and headsets and checking seats were upright etc) but we never saw her again. Air Seychelles I have been told don't fair any better but on my next trip I shall be trying them out, flying from Paris direct to the Seychelles which they start from July and see how they do compare, because I really don't want to fly Emirates again!

Emirates Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Melvyn wallace    (UK)

Flight from Newcastle to Brisbane via Dubai and Singapore. We booked in August with Emirates staff promising seats that would be allocated for me being disabled, I have severe walking problems that require me to be able to stand up and stretch my legs. What I got were seats in row 37 seats D and E, just getting to the seats was extremely hard as I need to use a crutch to walk with, the aisles are too narrow to move to the seats while using a crutch. I will never fly with them again.

Emirates Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

Flying the A380 from Hong Kong to Dubai in business class, you wonder if there is really any point to pay extra for suites given the amazing product that Emirates has in biz class. This was a new A380 with the improved biz seat and a great IFE system. This flight was pure perfection. Well done Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

Unfortunately, Emirates used an older 777-300ER on this 14+ hour route which is a shame. The biz seat is not entirely flat - the ever so slight angle still makes you slide down when you sleep. I would have preferred to see them use a newer 777-300ER on this route, with the full flat bed, and place this equipment on a shorter route, where sleeping is less important than on an ultra-long haul route. Besides that, the service, the food, the IFE are superb and live up to the Emirates standard.

Emirates Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Mohamed Fahmy    (UAE)

Beirut-Dubai. Seats were comfortable, check in was smooth, food was normal and crew responded on time.

Emirates Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Dawson Paul    (Australia)

Flew BKK/SYD, 21 June 14. Flight was on time and boarding was efficient and well handled. Staff were professional and friendly with regular water/juice "runs" during the night flight. IFE, Restroom cleanliness and food quality were at the top of what you expect in economy. Couple of little things that overall left a sour taste from the experience: Arrival cards weren't handed out until exiting the aerobridge on deboarding. Possibly an oversight. The 3-4-3 layout is a real impediment to them living up to their (often announced during the flight) award winning service. 17" width is simply to little and the extra seat makes the aisles ridiculously narrow to navigate for staff and passengers. My experience is a 3-3-3 format in a 773 is a far more comfortable experience for all. Most budget carriers have the 3-4-3 format, however at least on them you don't have further discomfort of impeded foot room ( no IFE boxes under seats.) I guess the extra 50 (?) in carrying capacity is the overarching criteria. Cant help but think the contingent negativity created among passengers overrules the benefits of being able to move the maximum number of people.

Emirates Customer review :  24 June 2014 by B Wijesinghe    (USA)

DXB-CMB, First Suites, B777-300ER. Connected from a BA flight in DXB. EK is not efficient anymore if transferring from another airline, with very few staff at the transit desk in Terminal 3. Thankfully, a staff member at a non- transfer counter across the corridor saw me waiting and called me over. Although the process was slow, he politely issued my boarding pass after confirming that my bags had transferred from BA to EK. The EK First Class Lounge was excellent, with attentive staff, a nice business center and very good buffet or menu dining options. Boarding was somewhat disorganized, as usual. Staff welcomed me at the door, showed me my suite and took my welcome drink order. There were two staff members for the five passengers (out of eight suites), with one very attentive and the other indifferent and inexperienced. The suite is very well designed, if rather garish, but is comfortable and functions well except for the rather awkward sliding doors. No amenity kit is given on the 4.5 hour night flight, and no duvet/comforter is offered, except for a thick blanket. I had booked a seafood meal online, and it was insulting to be served an omelette that looked as though a child had cooked it, and contained about a teaspoon of salmon! As one who uses CX and BA First Class, and recalls what EK used to do a few years ago, this is a huge disappointment. This is a very profitable route for EK, yet it is cutting back even in First, despite rising fuel costs not yet affecting UAE airlines. As a loyal Silver Tier Skywards EK customer, I am concerned to this once outstanding airline is slipping, especially when the competition is trying harder on this route. My bags were on the carousel in CMB after I cleared immigration.

Emirates Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Chia Ty    (Singapore)

20/6/14, EK88, ZRH-DXB. Boarding very orderly by zones. Pretty new aircraft of 1.3 years old. 85% Full flight. IFE as usual very good with ICE being top notch. Too many things to watch and do. There's even a customer service survey under the C component. This time drinks came with salted biscuits 40m after take off. Dinner service 2h30m after take off and drinks came 30m later. This left many passengers parched and kept asking crew for drinks, which they weren't very happy to oblige on this leg. There was no menu as well, not sure if crew forgot or there was insufficient. Dinner was really good with choices between salmon with saffron risotto and grilled chicken breast with mashed potatoes. I had the latter. Chicken breast a little dry but went well with the sauce. My mother had the salmon and the risotto was really delicious. Dessert of lemon torte was really good and I could have had multiple servings. Drinks service was really generous and there was no limit on the number of drinks, both alcoholic and non alcoholic that you could take. Staff service was terrible on this flight, the worst flight out of the 4 legs I flew with them. Hardly any smiles during service which honestly does not matter, call buttons by other passengers went unanswered. No drinks service after the meal service. I went to the galley to ask for my bottle to be refilled and they obliged. I asked for 2 boxes of playing cards as souvenir and a rude male crew told me to get back to my seat and ask for it later. Not recommended this time. On a positive note, a family of passengers who ordered Indian vegetarian meals didn't have their meals loaded and a female cabin crew were extremely helpful, even going to business class to get a sandwich for them.

Emirates Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Chia Ty    (Singapore)

13/6/14, EK71, DXB-CDG. Boarding very orderly by zones. Sparkling new aircraft of 0.6 years old. Full flight. IFE as usual very good with ICE being top notch. Too many things to watch and do. There's even a customer service survey under the C component. I didn't like that there were no drink runs done after take off, not even a tray of drinks like what SQ and CX does. Snack service 1h after take off and drinks another 30m later. Snack consisted of a roasted chicken sandwich and chocolate chip pecan cookies. Breakfast was really good with choices between omelette with creamed spinach and scrambled eggs with hash browns. I had the former. Omelette didn't taste like airplane stuff, creamed spinach really good. Fruits were fresh too. I like that they provide croissants in addition to normal bread, made me feel like I'm in France already. Drinks service was really generous and there was no limit on the number of drinks, both alcoholic and non alcoholic that you could take. Even during breakfast drink service, you could ask for alcohol and no questions asked. Staff service was really good on this flight, the best flight out of the 4 legs I flew with them. Smiles during service, call buttons answered promptly and drink trays brought around after meal service for people who turn thirsty quickly like myself. I went to the galley to ask for my bottle to be refilled and they even asked me to sit down and they'll return the bottle to me. I asked for 3 boxes of playing cards as souvenir and they obliged as well, with a smile. Excellent service, beats SQ on this leg. EK is really good if you get an awesome crew like this.

Emirates Customer review :  24 June 2014 by F Silalahi    (Indonesia)

SFO-DXB-CGK on 20th June. Flight out of SFO got delayed for 4 hours. Lounge manager at SFO not helpful at all on the border of being unprofessional. Business class seats are small. Otherwise all other services are fine.

Emirates Customer review :  24 June 2014 by B Cahill    (Canada)

Toronto to Dubai, Dubai to Perth, then Perth to Dubai and Dubai to Toronto. EK 242, EK 422, EK 421 EK 241. The seat was comfortable, the food was good, and the service was great. The only two things I didn't like was the lack of self serve snacks and the amount of time it took for the crew to clear the meal trays.

Emirates Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Chia Ty    (Singapore)

12/6/14, EK355, SIN-DXB. Boarding very orderly by zones. Interior well maintained despite plane being 7-8 years old. IFE as usual very good with ICE being top notch. Too many things to watch and do. There's even a customer service survey under the C component. I didn't like that there were no drink runs done after take off, not even a tray of drinks like SQ and CX does. Dinner service 1.5 hrs after take off and drinks another 30m later. People's throats were parched by then. People then begun pressing call buttons, this could have been avoided if a simple drink run was done. Food was really good with choices between sweet and sour chicken and beef with mashed potatoes. I had the former and dessert was good too. Drinks service was really generous and there was no limit on the number of drinks, both alcoholic and non alcoholic that you could take. No drink runs nor snacks provided after that although menu said so, that was disappointing so 1 star less for F&B.

Emirates Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Chia Ty    (Singapore)

21/6/14, EK354, DXB-SIN. Boarding not by zones this time and some confusion occurred at the gate. Middle aged aircraft by EK's standards, 4.4 years old, well maintained interior but my seat pocket had a bit of uncleared rubbish. Full flight. IFE as usual very good with ICE being top notch. Too many things to watch and do. There's even a customer service survey under the C component. I didn't like that there were no drink runs done after take off, not even a tray of drinks like what SQ and CX does. Due to this, passengers kept pressing call buttons to ask for drinks. Snack service 1h15m after take off and drinks another 30m later. Breakfast was 3h before landing. Snack consisted of a roasted chicken sandwich and chocolate chip pecan cookies, same as DXB-CDG. This time the sandwich was rock hard and the cookies weren't as good, they were soft and weren't baked enough. Breakfast was really good with choices between omelette with creamed spinach (Same as DXB-CDG) and fried noodles with siewmai. I had the former. Omelette didn't taste like airplane stuff but was more bland this time, creamed spinach bad this time. There were also fewer potato wedges and they were soggy. Fruits were fresh. I like that they provide croissants in addition to normal bread. Drinks service was really generous and there was no limit on the number of drinks, both alcoholic and non alcoholic that you could take. Even during breakfast drink service, you could ask for alcohol and no questions asked. Staff service was good on this flight. Smiles during service, call buttons answered promptly and drink trays brought around twice after meal service for people who turn thirsty quickly like myself. I went to the galley to ask for my bottle to be refilled and they obliged. Landing was smoothest of 4 legs. After landing, during disembarkation, I requested to a cabin crew to allow me up to business and first class to have a look. She asked the chief stewardess and got a nod. She then enthusiastically showed me around the upper deck and I was amazed at how luxurious it was. I thanked her profusely after that. Good service from her. As usual, EK is really good if you get a good crew. Only disappointment this flight was the food.

Emirates Customer review :  21 June 2014 by M Kragh    (Denmark)

Flew Copenhagen-Dubai-Seoul and back. The seat in economy was rather large. The food was quite good - not the best I've had on a flight, but definitely not the worst. There was apparently no limit on how many drinks and snacks you could ask for - a major bonus, especially on long flights. There were lots of movies on the inflight entertainment, and many of the English-language movies also had subtitles, which is really nice, because it's difficult to hear everything due to the noise from the engines.

Emirates Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Valentine Mendanha    (India)

Flew to Los Angeles in April. Food on the 04.30 am flight from Bangalore to Dubai was terrible as usual. The flights on the double decker A380 aircraft from Dubai to LAX and back was very comfortable. The massive queues to board the aircraft, long queues at check-in, and the scramble for the baggage at LAX airport will deter me from choosing this aircraft in future. It took me 2 hours to get my baggage at LAX airport and with 500 pax searching for their suitcases, it was a total mess! Food portions on the flight were very small, and food was disappointing. For a 16 hour flight, the in between meal snacks were just fruits and chocolates which vanished soon and were never refilled. The crew were unfriendly. Ask for a drink and it never comes until you remind them thrice. Very disappointed. The food on the Dubai/Bangalore sector was excellent.

Emirates Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Sal Ku    (Australia)

More food please! On a trip from SYD to London we were only served 2 meals and one "light bite". That's over 23 hrs flying with just 2 measly meals. Meal service is appalling. No drinks or snacks served. No pre-drinks served before meals or at any time during the flight. Drinks (tea, coffee, juice, wine etc) served over 30 mins after meals are delivered. No second round of tea /coffee served, Service is slow, milk and sugar need to be requested and served separately and this takes forever, By the time tea is served, it is cold and too late after the meal has been eaten.

Emirates Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Ralph Tony    (Australia)

Vastly overrated. The staff may be good at delivering food but have very little idea of what service means. I did 5 sectors in first and met one Purser and one person who claimed to be in charge of the first class cabin. On two sectors I was addressed by my name, on three I was just another person. Staff seem to not want to engage with passengers or communicate with them except to take food orders. On two sectors I had to go and search for cabin staff - none seemed to be around, when found they were all talking in the galley and appeared upset that I had interrupted them. As best I can determine there is only one first class lounge and that is in Dubai, all the others are business class shared with first. On the plus side, the suites are great and the beds excellent.

Emirates Customer review :  21 June 2014 by S Middleton    (Australia)

Upgraded from Economy to Business, SYD-DXB on A380. Sydney lounge is one of the best around, with respect to the food and wines. Best breakfast lounge menu ever. A380 business class seat superb, rivals Cathay, although I'm not sure why it needs touchscreen + handset + tablet to operate the IFE. That said, it all worked seamlessly and very good quality screen. Food was fantastic, from the main meals served, to the in between meals (a highlight), to the finger food in the lounge at the rear of the plane. The lounge is fantastic - it sets them apart from the other high quality business offerings, pity it's only on A380s but then they have a massive A380 fleet anyway. Staff were great but a little over friendly at times. Will be my first choice from now on.

Emirates Customer review :  21 June 2014 by S Middleton    (Australia)

DXB-CDG and NCE-DXB-SYD. Great economy class with comfortable seats, great IFE, quality food (particularly impressive) and very good staff. Difficult to fault. Lounges are mixed bag, DXB terminal C for breakfast wasn't great but plenty of space, Nice airport lounge is very average but better than nothing, DXB terminal B for dinner on the way back was fantastic. Very happily fly with them again. Saw staff taking Polaroid's of couples on the 777 from NCE to DXB and then giving them as a gift (I think) - very unusual but thought it was quite a nice touch.

Emirates Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Gummers David    (UK)

Emirates has got to be the best value for money for any premium carrier. The pick up from home is excellent, they will take you to an airport hotel the night before. Check in was friendly quick and efficient. The lounges in Manchester and Dubai are lovely and peaceful. The food was good and the Wifi works. We will gloss over the Bidvest lounge in Cape Town. The suite has everything you could possibly want. The seat have everything from upright to completely flat. The food was absolutely first class, the wines were excellent and the service from the crew was attentive and friendly.

Emirates Customer review :  19 June 2014 by T Price    (Thailand)

LAD-DXB-BKK. Flights comfortable and staff very nice. You get up and go to the back for a drink as after the meal they have a staff party and relax. Fair enough. Dubai airport isn't my cup of tea. Duty free cheap and beer expensive. Give me Schipol any day. Good airline. Good entertainment system. Comfortable in economy.

Emirates Customer review :  18 June 2014 by B Byrnes    (Ireland)

Recent trip with Emirates from DUB/DXB/SYD in First. I was going out to Townsville in Northern Queensland for about a week to help my daughter celebrate a big birthday. My wife had travelled out a week in advance of me and returned a week after me. Chauffeur pick up to and from Dublin Airport worked extremely efficiently. Travelling out on 27th May, in DUB Emirates use the DAA lounge which is fairly basic with it's services. Hopefully in September when they increase their schedule to two flights each day from DUB, they will have their own lounge. The four flights were all in general very good with respect to service, comfort etc. The FA on the return from SYD/DXB was absolutely superb. The staff on the final leg from DXB/DUB were not quite up to the general standard shown on the previous flights. I have flown in First with Malaysian, Singapore (a lot) and Etihad and I would certainly be happy with the Emirates product.

Emirates Customer review :  18 June 2014 by P Pomeranze    (USA)

Bangkok - Hong Kong, First class, June 15. Although trip had a rocky start. Emirates lounge closed, forced to use Qantas facilities followed by 30 minute delay including horrible boarding experience. Once aboard the 380 all was forgiven. Warm gracious service, perfect light meal suitable for the short flight and the wonderful ICE system. First class aboard Emirates is the best.

Emirates Customer review :  18 June 2014 by Roger Sabat    (Sweden)

DXB-ARN on 15 June 2014 on a 777 200 LR. What a wonderful flight, service on board was great and a super crew, friendly, helpful and very professional. 2 hours to landing and during lunch service an announcement for emergency landing was called due to a medical situation. We landed in Moscow and the crew acted very professionally considering the short time notice, collected the lunch trays, drinks, prepared the cabin for landing and ensured the safety of the passengers on board. Almost 2 hours on the ground to finish the emergency landing process and refuel before heading on a short flight to Stockholm. Well done Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  14 June 2014 by L Smith    (UK)

I flew Emirates for the first time, return Glasgow to Dubai. My daughter and I were extremely impressed by the comfort of the seats, the quality and variety of food and the huge selection of movies etc offered on the IFE. We flew out overnight on 30th May and were looked after by a lovely FA who quite simply could not do enough for us. We arrived early in Dubai and were provided with Fastrack passes for Immigration. I have travelled to Dubai on many occasions (with BA, KLM and Air France), and this was the best experience so far. The return (day time) flight was also excellent - again, could not fault anything. Another fabulous FA - a young man this time - friendly and helpful. Ground staff in Dubai and Glasgow were courteous and helpful. One minor thing - if Emirates are serious about their commitment to Glasgow Airport, they should establish their own lounge. This was the only downside of my experience - they do not have their own lounge in Glasgow - they have space in the ServisAir lounge which has to be one of the most soulless places I have encountered. Very limited choice of drinks, no fresh foods at all (only packs of crisps!). Polar opposite is the lounge in Dubai - wonderful is the only word to describe it. It is large, airy, and offers free WiFi. Hot and cold meals and snacks available in abundance - and Moet and Chandon by the glass! Chauffeur driven cars were provided for both of us for the journeys to and from Glasgow airport (I was travelling from Edinburgh, my daughter from Glasgow). Both my drivers were excellent, cars were extremely comfortable and on time. I will most certainly be using Emirate again in the future.

Emirates Customer review :  13 June 2014 by R Driver    (UK)

We flew airbus A380 Manchester-Dubai and returned on the 777. Both planes were excellent and the entertainment system was 2nd to none. I found the seats to be adequate although I have read some concerns about the width we did not find this, but both my wife and myself are average height and build at 5 ft 10". We were however lucky enough on our return journey to have booked just 2 adjoining seats at the rear of the plane which we found really good as there was a bit more room at that point in the aisle as well, and we were far enough away from the toilets not to be annoyed by any queue. However, my only gripe would be the complimentary drink situation, If you are happy to have a drink just when the food is served then its not a problem for you, but my wife and myself do like a drink more often than this and class a 7 hour flight with great entertainment almost as one of our nights out (especially on the outward bound flight) Now, I don't know what other people would say is over the top but I would quite easily get through 6 or 7 of the little wine bottles they provide in this period of time but found it hard to be served 3. I really did have to keep asking to get any more, and on 2 occasions was acknowledged but no wine brought to us. I would have quite happily purchased some at this point but obviously its all complimentary so I couldn't even do this. I have a suspicion that the staff are trained to spot people who may want more alcohol than what they deem to be average consumption and enforce delay tactics to slow you down and felt they were avoiding eye contact with me when passing. They ignored the "call service" light on our seat completely and I had to eventually keep getting up and going to the galley where they were. This did spoil the flight to some extent as even when we are on a flight where we have to pay we would have had more than this, The food however was again very good.

Emirates Customer review :  13 June 2014 by Nicole Lew    (USA)

Flight ok. SYD to New Zealand flight was late 30 minutes causing us to miss connecting flight. Was unable to get a response from them after 3-4 emails using the Emirates email given to meet the Emirates rep inside the airport. Finally got hold of someone on the phone who said she could not help me. So the flight and carrier were comfortable and pretty polite - unless you end up needing customer service for something. Then it's very difficult to resolve a problem.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |