Emirates Airline Passenger Reviews and Emirates Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Emirates
3.5 Star Rating: Good

Emirates Customer review :  17 April 2014 by A Firmansyah    (USA)

EK231, April 14 2014. Overall experience: unsatisfactory, rude flight attendants. My first time flying economy class with Emirates and I will never use them again. Flight attendants were rude when serving meals. My wife was asked what kind of food she would like and she said chicken. In a rude tone the flight attendant said they were out of chicken and only had vegetarian while throwing the meal to my wife. When serving the second meals (breakfast), the same thing happened. Finally she came back with the food of our choice.

Emirates Customer review :  17 April 2014 by N Sutherland    (UK)

I've flown Emirates on a regular basis for 6 or 7 years and it seems the reliability is slipping. LGW-BKK-LGW - all flights were late (up to 1.5 hours) except the DXB-LGW leg. 2.5 hour connections in DXB are now becoming very tight and stressful due to lateness of flights and the inordinate amount of bussing in DXB. Check-In (online) on all flights excellent. As for the flights themselves, all very full, so Emirates must be doing something right. Cabin Service in Business is OK, but nothing special and in Economy is very much dependent on the crew - can be highly variable. On the plus side the in flight entertainment is good, the prices are competitive and frequent fliers are frequently upgraded. The bad news is that Emirates seem to be expanding faster than DXB is, so I don't see the transit experience getting any better any time soon.

Emirates Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Junaid Shareef    (Canada)

EK242, Toronto to Dubai, 4/9/2014. EK524, Dubai to Hyderabad India, 4/10/2014. It was a great experience, this was my first time with this airline. Excellent customer service, crew members were very helpful. The complimentary food was excellent.

Emirates Customer review :  15 April 2014 by S Tivoli    (USA)

April 6 to April 11. Flight 206 from New York and 205 from Milan, Italy. I was very surprised to learn upon check in that the carry on requirements for economy consists of one bag that has to weigh no more than 7 kilos. In my entire life, I have never had my carry on bag weighed so this was surprising. Many carry on bags can weigh up to 8 lbs for just the bag depending on the construction, so 7 kilos is unreasonable to an extreme. Otherwise, the flight was more enjoyable than most, but given this unreasonable weight requirement, I cannot fly Emirates again, unfortunately. My carryon was weighed which put me into a position to have to decide if I should check an expensive camera and laptop and how to do that, for which there really was no solution. A supervisor eventually came over, took one fast look at the contents of my carry on, without me saying anything, and said it's fine, but there was a good 10 minutes of discussing what to do before that.

Emirates Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Misra Shlok    (UAE)

Flew on 31/10/2013 from Dubai to New Delhi. It was a pleasant flight and luckily got upgraded to Business class at the boarding counter. Nice and pleasant cabin crew and a nice, spacious seat. The food was good, but the service during the meals was satisfactory. We were introduced to a variety of snacks throughout the flight. The In-Flight system was excellent and it was easy to pass the 3 hours.

Emirates Customer review :  11 April 2014 by J Laing    (UK)

Flew 27/01/14 from Glasgow to Dubai for the first time in business class and couldn't fault it! I was mesmerised with the room for a start and the service couldn't have been better. Although a bit slow on boarding the plane but didn't realise that all passengers enter via business class? Doesn't make sense to me!

Emirates Customer review :  11 April 2014 by A Obaidy    (Canada)

April 9, 2014. This is my second trip from Dubai to Toronto, both trips had the same problems: Delay at Dubai airport. Rude staff. Food was bad. It was not worth the money. It's a direct flight, but too many headaches involved. Unfortunately unpleasant experience.

Emirates Customer review :  11 April 2014 by S Stephen    (Switzerland)

My second time with Emirates, I flew from GVA-DXB-CGK vv. All the flights were better than I expected/experienced. I have flown with Emirates in 2011 and these flight were much better. Flight attendants were attentive (especially my flight from CGK to DXB), food was nice as expected, nothing to complain about with the seat, and best entertainment system ICE. All flights were on time. Cabin onboard clean and nice mood lighting system with star lights.

Emirates Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Jane Sutton    (UK)

Manchester to Perth, business class. Experience from Manchester to Dubai was very disappointing. Boarding was chaotic and very disorganised, the service from the young male attendants very poor. They had run out of my food choice and the business section was almost empty. The food I was given, the seafood stew was inedible. The TV did not work, a lady did move me but that was just an hour before we landed. All in all a bad experience. Considering the cost of the flight, I have travelled with Emirates in economy and the service was better. Flight from Dubai to Perth was better, the attendants were excellent - what a difference that made.

Emirates Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Ed Olbes    (USA)

Overall service: unsatisfactory. Flight 232 on 3/1/14 from Washington DC to Dubai. Plane was dirty and flight attendants were rude. These people needs to be retrain as far as providing good customer service to their passengers. Example: It took almost 2 hours to clear the trays after we ate. Upon arriving in Dubai, we had to walk from one end of the concourse to the other end to catch our connecting flight from Dubai to the Philippines. Upon reaching the gate we were told we had to go back to where we came from to catch the same flight. After another hour or so of waiting we were told to go to another place to catch the plane, this was when we were put in a shuttle and driven to where the plane was. Upon boarding I asked one of the flight attendants of what was going on and instead of listening she started arguing with me. This was my first time flying with this airlines and will be my last.

Emirates Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Simon Matthews    (UK)

EK5102, 1/4/14 seat 34b, return 5/4/14 on 43a. I have had the pleasure of flying LHR-DXB-LHR on their A380 airbus which is truly king of the skies! Their economy seat 42A is superb. The seat and their ICE entertainment is first class! The level of service is second to none. I have flown Virgin many times, Emirates is in a league of their own! I would thoroughly recommend them as they were fantastic!

Emirates Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Carole Seddon    (UK)

We travelled from Perth to Manchester via Dubai. Perth to Dubai was ok. Dubai to Manchester was a disgrace. There were 3 choices of food on the menu, beef, chicken curry or a seafood dish. Our choice was beef, we were told there was none left. I don't eat curry and seafood is a definitely no no on a flight. I was offered a vegetarian option which was inedible. 2 hours into the flight which was 5pm all the lights went out and the blinds came down.

Emirates Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Alex Ryazanov    (Russia)

We flew from Dubai (DXB) to Moscow (DME) on April 6th, economy class, while our flight had been scheduled on April 5th. airline changed aircraft Airbus-380 to Boing-777 3 hours before departure without any notification. Airport check-in machine was returning error during our attempts, no information at check-in desks. Not all passengers could get their seats because of B777 smaller capacity. However, airline provided hotel, meal and extra round-trip ticket. Flight was on-time. Flight was not very good, they ran out of food choices and food quality was awful. Overall service become worse.

Emirates Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Brian Calcutt    (Australia)

The measure of an airline is how they behave when things are not going right. My experience of this airline is that they tell lies and are a disorganized rabble. They were 2 hours late out of Sydney, which they blamed on the late arrival of the plane, however as the flight was leaving at 6.00 am and there is a curfew in Sydney, this was not true. We were told on check in that they would make up time in the air, which they did not. We were told they would make the connecting flights wait in Dubai, which they did not. The ground staff at Dubai were unprepared and uninformed as to what was planned for us. I will not use this airline again.

Emirates Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Imran Gilani    (USA)

Flew from JFK to Dubai in March 2014 with final destination Lahore, Pakistan. Liked the new A380 but economy seats are not comfortable as compared to 777. The worst part is window seats are useless because A380 double window distance is too wide to enjoy looking outside. The meal service was terrible both ways. Only 3 distinct ethnic foods in menu and usually then ran out off some of them (usually what I liked). I complained and was told that its very difficult to serve 400+ economy passengers and take care all of their food types. I was dismayed by the answer. Their 777 from Dubai to Lahore was old. I usually fly using PIA which is a direct flight from JFK to Lahore. Unless I want to see Dubai or this route is short, I will never use Emirates to go to Pakistan. Don't see any major difference. PIA is not bad at all when you actually compare with Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  4 April 2014 by Jane Sutton    (UK)

Emirates Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Sharisse Smith    (USA)

Washington Dulles (IAD) direct to Dubai. I have no complaints at all for this flight. My complaint comes from my return. Was at the airport (Dubai) 3 hours early. No problem going through security. I will just skip to the problem. Poor communication. We were delayed 7 hours, yes 7 hours and no one to tell us anything. We sat on the plane for 3 hours before we were told the plane was being taken out of service. Sat at the gate for another 3 hours and still no word. We finally heard from passengers that had been inquiring that we needed to be at gate B32 from B18 and the plane will depart in an hour. Really. No one from the airlines said a word. Once we got on board, there weren't any problems. Communication is key.

Emirates Customer review :  2 April 2014 by A Moor    (UK)

We flew from Heathrow to Dubai on an Airbus 380 early in December 2013 on this trip they ran out of food choices and I was told that I could not get the chicken that I had asked for. The flight crew were harassed and totally disorganized. When we few back in March 2014 exactly the same thing happened - sorry we have run out of the choice you asked for on the menu. Also my headphones were not working after having had the light on for about two hours I eventually got up and went to the crew to ask for another one. Emirates prides itself on good service and this was not the case on the Airbus. We flew from Dubai to Johannesburg and back on a 777 and I cannot fault the service on these planes.

Emirates Customer review :  2 April 2014 by M Barlow    (Australia)

Flew BNE-DXR-LHR and return on A380 all legs. I had great crew on every single leg who were friendly and attended to our wants at all times. In between meal services we were constantly supplied with water/juice. All legs bar one departed on or close to time (dep LHR one hour late but arrived pretty much on time to DXB). My only complaint would be the lack of leg room in economy class and the bottom part of the seat was a bit too soft. Seat width was fine and meals were just above the average for economy class Would recommend Emirates economy for a competitive price and decent service as long as you remember if you want top shelf seats and service to fly business or first! Wifi service is non existent/very hard to connect to in DXB which isn't an emirates thing but does reflect on them as it's their home airport.

Emirates Customer review :  1 April 2014 by Tawerski Krzysztof    (Poland)

Good flights WAW-DXB-NRT. WAW-NRT not so full with amazing staff, DXB-BRT full but ok (good ICE, great food). Inflight Entertainment on WAW-DXB is not so good as this is old A330 plane. But this sector is not so long. FAs were attentive to "call" button, and soft drinks were served repetitively between main meals (and it was not problem to get a beer if you ask and wait a minute).

Emirates Customer review :  1 April 2014 by L Parigi    (France)

Travelled business class from Sydney to Lyon - a long flight. All was very good, A380, very comfortable seats and plenty of room. No delays. Food was OK, have had better on another airline. Main issue is that I had to wait about 20 minutes for a toilet as the staff were changing in there!! Not good enough when you are paying extra for business class! Otherwise the flight was excellent.

Emirates Customer review :  1 April 2014 by S Dixon    (UK)

MAN-AKL (via DXB and SYD) and return. A388 used on all sectors. Fantastic planes - very quiet in comparison to 747s and 777s. The ICE in-flight entertainment system was second to none, so much choice and easy to use. The staff were uniformly friendly and would go out of their way to help. For some reason our pre-booked seats were changed at the gate. When we boarded we complained to a member of cabin staff and they made sure we were seated in the seats we had booked on-line. I slept really well on my flights and the seat pitch was good (I am 6 ft). Will definitely fly long haul with them again.

Emirates Customer review :  31 March 2014 by A Archer    (Cyprus)

Flew on EK 108 from Larnaca to Dubai on their brand new 777-300er. Overall clean plane, crew very attentive and appeared as soon as call buttons were pressed. Inflight entertainment worked without a glitch and the food was delicious. Keep it up Emirates!

Emirates Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Lyon Roger    (UK)

SYD-DXB on A380. More room than on the 777 but very disappointed with this leg. Cabin was freezing even with two blankets. Sat in seat 51D which was last row in front of galley. VERY noisy and every 20 seconds or so there was a loud gushing noise like an Arctic wind which sent the temperature even lower. Sound on my IFE was very unreliable and despite a promise to reboot it, it never happened. Food was tepid and bland. Overall, not very good.

Emirates Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Osrin Neil    (Thailand)

BKK - Hong Kong on A380 in business class. The BKK EK lounge is being refurbished and I was asked to use Qantas lounge. The Emirates rep in that lounge was superbly helpful and pleasant. Onboard my seat area was clean and everything worked. I did not find the seat too comfortable and used the mattress. After take off the on-board bar opened. The bar person could not speak English well, was disorganized and had no idea how to mix drinks. There was a nice selection of tasty sandwiches, wraps etc. I asked for the warm food printed on the bar menu and was told 'we will put it out if we have time'. After challenging this, they reluctantly heated some for me. I was then told to go back to my seat as lunch will be served. I sat with a table cloth in front of me for a further 20 mins and then a tray of food arrived. The steak in balsamic vinegar and creamy potato was good and tasty. There was a crew member walking up and down serving wines which was positive too. The toilets were not well stocked with tooth brushes etc but were clean. I found the crew awful - with fake smiles, patronizing and they ran around like disorganized headless chickens tripping over each other and created a very anxious atmosphere in the cabin. They treated the passengers with contempt and I felt that I was an inconvenience to them.

Emirates Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Mark Hall    (UK)

We travelled on the A380 from LHR to Dubai. Upon entering the plane first impressions was wonderful, the inflight entertainment was great. Though that is the only good thing about this airline, the cabin crew is the worst. The crew are awful, they don't care about service at all, we waited over 3 hours after we pressed the call button for a stewardess to come. The food is awful, nothing but a horrible chicken curry on the menu on both legs of the journey. The final meal served will probably be a biscuit and a cup of tea. I had high hopes for this airline but they are really awful, Dubai is a wonderful place to visit but don't fly with this airline.

Emirates Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Lyon Roger    (UK)

DXB-MCR. Having landed from Sydney, I upgraded to Business using Skywards miles. Well worth it. Lounges at DXB are massive and though functional, have lost the intimate atmosphere that once existed. Food in lounge was fairly predictable too. Flight delayed in DXB 1 hour due to passengers being off loaded, but was onboard so managed to relax and watch a movie. Flight was good and service fine. Food much improved for Economy though the snacks in the lounge at rear of plane were a little stale. Chauffeur Drive from MCR worked well. Not cheap but if you have miles to spend, an upgrade is well worth it.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax