Emirates Airline Passenger Reviews and Emirates Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Emirates
3.5 Star Rating: Good

Emirates Customer review :  28 January 2015 by Remco Poortvliet    (The Netherlands)

Last October I flew from Amsterdam to Jakarta, through Dubai. I was excited to fly the A380. However my excitement quickly turned into disappointment after experiencing the absolute crankiness of the cabin crew. Although never really rude the flight stewardesses were pretty much all very short almost 'bitchy' and only busy with themselves. Their body language and facial expressions were often as if they'd rather be somewhere else and as if were a constant nuisance. The A380 (AMS-DUB) itself is a very nice plane, spacious and modern. The onboard entertainment was pretty good and the extra touch were the cameras outside the plane so you could watch the outside surroundings from your screen in front of you. Between Dubai and Jakarta they use a Boeing 777. Another disappointment! The plane on the inside was old, seats smelled and looked like they definitely could use new fabrics. The entertainment screen was small and old (my 3 year old tablet has a better screen than that onboard the 777 of Emirates), supposedly touch screen it worked horribly even with the remote control device. Different plane and different crew but not a different mentality of the crew. From Jakarta to Dubai we flew again with the 777. Same complaints as on the way to Jakarta and on top of that when we arrived 5am in Dubai we had to get out of the plane far from the terminal building. We had to use stairs to get out and clearly the stairs weren't designed to handle such a large plane since there was quite the difference in height between the stairs and the exit door of the plane. When I asked the crew why we didn't taxi to the terminal the reply was "there is no available gate". This is the home base of Emirates and there is no place for its own planes? From the runway we had to take a shuttle bus to the terminal which took about 20 to 30 minutes. From there it was very confusing where to go once inside the terminal building. For my girlfriend and I this was the first and last time we used Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  28 January 2015 by JH Crossley    (UK)

A little holiday in the sky! Flew via Dubai to Cochin and back again on 26th Jan to Manchester, EK531 This was really the best couple of flights we have had. Wonderful staff, drinks and food.

Emirates Customer review :  26 January 2015 by A Thenayan    (Saudi Arabia)

RUH-DXB-MRU and back. Aug 15 RUH-DXB left Riyadh on time at 9.25 pm on a 777-300 ER. Service was excellent and the staff were kind! There were a few food choices (it was a short 1.5 hr flight) and I think it was Chicken Biriani or Fish. I had the Biriani and it was excellent (but spicy!). The IFE was very good and kept me entertained. We arrived to Dubai and they gave us fast track cards but we didn't need that since we were transiting in DXB for about 3 hrs. DXB was very busy and noisy. Arrived to the lounge and it was packed with barely anywhere to sit! Finally found a place near the buffet but it was pretty noisy. Our flight to MRU left at 3.10am (on the 16th and again on time so EK are pretty good at being on schedule) on an A380. It was a pretty nice plane but I had a few problems with the cabin and seat. The mini bar on the left (or right depends on where you're sitting) of the seat is pretty bulky and makes the seat more narrow and quite uncomfortable to sleep as it's quite tight (but it was a flat bed so I'll give it points for that). Another problem was that the cabin for Business was huge! It barely felt like Business from the amount of seats in the cabin! I sat in the smaller cabin on the back so I didn't have the problem that much and it didn't affect the service of the staff but it makes Business less premium. Once again the IFE and food service were excellent. For the lounge in the back of the deck I really enjoyed that! On the return flight I left MRU in the evening so I didn't have to sleep on that flight (and it was pretty much the same thing but the cabin was much busier). I didn't go to the lounge in the DXB layover since it was from 12.00 am to about 7:00 am and I took a room in the airport hotel. The DXB-RUH flight was normal but the IFE was more outdated. I would say it was pretty good but there were a few flaws with the A380.

Emirates Customer review :  26 January 2015 by M Gittens    (UK)

We flew A380 to Dubai then 777 to Bangkok. Both flights on time. Loved the A380 it was so spacious we sat in row 88 at the back. The A380 was really quiet too. The 777 felt more cramped and was not as comfy. The IFE is brilliant both touch screens. Finally the food. We fly long haul twice a year but the Emirates food is by far the best we have had. Can't wait to fly with them again.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Gooneratne Dinala    (Australia)

Series of Trips on EK, MEL-CMB-MEL and CMB-CAI-CMB. All sectors in Business except DXB-CMB which was in First. Check in Good. Lounges not bad. However the quality of food in DXB has been going down over time. Good Welcome on Boarding. IFE is AVOD and excellent as always. Staff can be hit or miss, mostly a miss. The quality of meals on board keeps going down every month. Bread basket is brought around only when you are nearly done with the main. Of all the sectors I flew the food on EK 650 First Class from DXB to CMB was the worst. The curry sauce which accompanied the rice tasted like chillies mixed with water. Depending on how much you pay for ticket it is still value for money. But EK is on a steep downward spiral. And if you have any comments or complains post flight and write to their customer service desk, do not be surprise if you get a watered down response which is a border line insult.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2015 by D Houlihan    (UAE)

DXB-Seattle, J class. Overall good solid experience, Chauffeurs on all legs were on time and pleasant. Flights on time. Lounges as usual in DXB good with great offering of food and beverage. In Seattle you had to ring a bell and a man would appear from behind a curtain to give you a drink (obviously economizing) no food. Crews on outward leg helpful and professional. Crew on return looked bored and tired and no smiles. Overall good experience. Business with Emirates is I feel is generally a solid product.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2015 by N Sutherland    (UK)

LHR-DXB-BKK, Economy. Check-in pretty efficient in T3. The flight was full (as usual) with Emirates, and left on time. The A380 is much quieter than the 777 but there's not much difference in the seats/space. Cabin service on Emirates is variable, depending on the crew and this one was OK - nothing special. Economy food has improved recently and quite tasty. Good choice of drinks and frequent water/juice runs. On time into DXB and A380's park at the gate instead of remote stands which makes connections easier. I got upgraded to Business on the DXB-BKK leg again an A380 which was about 30mins late. The best part of Business on Emirates is a priority pass for immigration in BKK. The cabin service in Business was nothing special and I prefer to eat in the lounge rather than on the flight. Good IFE - there's always something worth watching on Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Kai Ostermann    (Germany)

The flight from Hamburg to Dubai was two hours delayed and service on board started 2,5 hours after take-off. I pushed the service button in order to receive some water for taking medicine, the only thing that happened was that after ten minutes a Stewardess came by, switched of the service sign and went away. I pushed the button a second time and the same happened again. Furthermore there was only once service on an 8 hours flight. Food unfortunately below standard. The Entertainment System was quite ok though. Hope that I don't have to fly with Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Manootham Steven    (Germany)

FRA-DXB-BKK-DXB-FRA. Must take EK again for the flight to Bangkok due to the best price base on 6 months advance booking. FRA-DXB on A380 nice aircraft-flight full, but still roomy DXB-BKK on B777 did not get the selected seats (even those seats are selected 6 months in advance by the time of booking on EK Tool) EK has changed our seats and we did not sit together/flight full - no more to say about the 3-4-3 seating. Worst service of all sectors, slow service, we requested water but were told to wait for the next service. BKK-DXB-FRA on A380/B777 flight full, our choice of foods ran out on every sector. I've flown Emirates over a period of six years and I can definitively say that every time I fly, the service is getting worse. Its route networks and frequencies are very good and its fares (if booking at least 3 months in advance) can be competitive. However EK progressively gets worse. EK is still on cutting back massively on quality, example no amenity kits for Y class, foods (quality and quantity) is getting worse, cutting the Skywards-mileage counts, too small number of cabin crews in Y cabin and they are disinterested in passenger service, avoid service to passengers, disregards the calling sign. Very chaotic and very slow on board-services, choice of foods ran out very early, no organization. All those bad on board services EK fare is no more valuable for money. Only IFE is the best.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Alasdair Brooks    (UAE)

DXB - IAD [Washington, DC] in January 2015, economy class. Given the only choice on this direct route is either Emirates or United, it's not really much in the way of competition - give me Emirates every time. Emirates has an excellent on-demand in-flight entertainment system, decent food, efficient multi-lingual staff, amenity packs in economy on long-haul flights, and all drinks except champagne are complementary in economy. No one really wants to be stuck on a plane for 15 hours, but it's on these really long routes that the little extras on Emirates - especially the in-flight entertainment system and power outlets for every seat - come into their own.

Emirates Customer review :  21 January 2015 by Katie O Brien    (China)

We flew in August 2014 from Rio de Janeiro - Dubai and Dubai to Shanghai. We travelled with 2 children (3 months and 26 months). On our first flight the toddlers TV was broken so he used my husbands and mine couldn't be used as we had the bassinet for our baby. Staff were friendly though. One our second flight my seat didn't recline, I was promised at the start of the flight that they could manually do it after the meal was served so I thought that was reasonable, after the meal however they told me it couldn't be done I would just have to accept it. So for an 8 hour flight I sat upright with a baby on my lap as he wasn't allowed to use the bassinet most of the time because of turbulence. However our toddler slept in his aviation approved car seat that their telephone service agents said we couldn't use. I think their customer service needs improving, they tried to tell me I needed to buy 2 seats to use one car seat for a toddler whose seat I had already purchased. However at the airport everything was ok due to a nice customer agent who was able to place all our family together when again customer service had placed us all separately. The airline didn't live up to the expectation that we had and we fly long haul several times per year.

Emirates Customer review :  21 January 2015 by Mohammad Al-Adsani    (Kuwait)

Flew from DXB-KUL. Flight was onboard B777-300ER. Everything from boarding until touch-down was excellent. Friendly and attentive cabin crew, excellent IFE, comfortable chairs, fine meals, smooth flight, and the experience was excellent. I would definitely consider flying Emirates economy class again.

Emirates Customer review :  19 January 2015 by E Fox    (UK)

We were a party of eight travelling to Male via Dubai on the 20 December 2014 for two magical weeks in the Maldives. Going out had a 3hr stopover in Dubai which was changed to 3hr 40 minutes Our return flight times were good leaving Dubai at 2.35pm. 5 week before we were due to travel we were advised Emirates had changed their flight schedule meaning our flight from Male did not leave enough time to transfer the luggage from one flight to another. The only option we were given was a 12.5 hr delay or return a day early from our holiday We ended up using Dubai connect which was not good experience. We paid quite a bit more to go with Emirates than another leading airline. Never again.

Emirates Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Powell Michael    (UK)

LHR-DXB-PER-DXB-LHR. The trip out to Perth was almost a tale of two different airlines. LHR-DXB on the A380. The Heathrow lounge is dull and there was little sign of staff. It was not made clear that boarding would be straight from the lounge. Once on board a welcome drink was proposed but never arrived. No amenities kit was offered. The plastic bags they put the headphones etc in look cheap and nasty. The much-vaunted wireless IFE controller would not unlock from its dock so not much use. 3 different cabin staff said they would deal with it but nothing was achieved. Meal service was unduly slow. No drinks served (as promised) before the end of the flight. The promised Dubai gate information on IFE channel 94 didn't materialise. Yes, it was business class but it was all very impersonal and irritating. The toilets are just by the bar area so if you are queuing you are mixed up with the bar clients - not a comfortable arrangement. DXB-PER on a B777 was totally different: perfect service and everything worked. PER-DXB the seatbelt adjuster didn't work and couldn't be fixed and they eventually cobbled something together with an extender - a bit embarrassing to be presented with that in front of other passengers. Again the IFE controller didn't work. We got to the Dubai area on schedule then had to hold for 40 minutes due to congestion. When we landed we were parked at a (very) remote stand, which meant a long bus ride to the terminal. Terminal 3 is enormous and impersonal and there was no time left to do any duty free shopping. DXB-LHR was ok. The IFE controller didn't work - again! So, all in all, I'm not that satisfied with Emirates. There seems to be a lack of attention to detail. I've flown LHR-PER once a year for the past 10 years and have used Qantas, Singapore, Malaysian and Qatar, all in business class. I'd rank Emirates at the bottom of this list. It'll be back to Qatar next year.

Emirates Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Slany Gertrude    (Australia)

Whilst I noticed the narrower seating (Being 777) on my way to London (Emirates) I was lucky then to have a corner seat right in the area which is usually reserved for parents with small children. But yesterday I arrived back in Perth from Dubai on an 11-hour flight on the same Boeing 777-300ER, and my coccyx and lower back are still aching from the narrow seating. I can only say, I am going to carefully consider my next flight, maybe even save up for 2nd class. Cattle class is just that, I am not obese, but have wide hips and shoulders and I am above average height. The seats on the Boeing 777-300ER were a good 2.5 inches narrower than on the remainder of my particular flight ( Dubai London), legroom is less and the back can only be minimally adjusted. Sleep is impossible. Service was very average, crew seemed to be permanently engaged in jockeying their unwieldy carts in that narrower passage-ways, food options ran out quickly. The entertainment options do not make up for the unpleasantness of the entire experience. Of course, comfort is supplied to the higher-paying customers. I really do resent this! Will try and check out the plane-type before flying again.

Emirates Customer review :  19 January 2015 by AbdelRahman Emad    (Saudi Arabia)

Flew on their B777-300ER for a short trip to DMM. Aircraft was far more comfortable than the older 777-300s. IFE was pretty much best in class, however, I did not find their meals particularly great. Decent airline overall, but definitely slightly over hyped.

Emirates Customer review :  14 January 2015 by P Archana    (USA)

This was my first time with Emirates and did not find it worth all the hype and pricey tickets. Traveled on an A380 on 3 legs of our trip and seat size + legroom was not very comfortable for a 14 hour flight. There is hardly any space to stretch or walk around a bit on the flight. Staff was courteous and polite however service wasn't quick enough but I think that's just due to the number of passengers on the flight. At one point it took them more than an hour to collect our plates after we finished our meal. Food was okay, nothing great or exceptional. In- flight entertainment was the only best part about the flight, screen is great plus they have a good collection of movies etc.

Emirates Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Haider Hazrat    (USA)

DFW-DXB-BOM: Booked Emirates as it was the cheapest and got a very good deal. The aircraft from Dallas was A380 which cannot be doubted on its comfort. I requested an exit row seat and got it. Food was very good and tasty from Dallas to Dubai. However, cabin crew didn't respond for long on 2 occasions I called through my seat button. Service from Dubai to Mumbai was okayish, nothing great to talk about. Old Boeing 777-300 which was stinking. I think Emirates doesn't focus properly on one of its major markets India with respect to quality and service. Overall, I would give 3.5 stars to Emirates. 4 for DFW-DXB leg and 3 for DXB-BOM leg. I got value for money since I got a very low fare.

Emirates Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Stewart Roberts    (Honduras)

We traveled from Barcelona to Dubai and back over the Christmas holidays on the Emirates 380 and on to S. Africa on their Boeing 777, all Business Class. The service and quality of food and beverages on all flights were way above the standard of any airline we have flown. Some speak of Emirates going that extra mile - ten would be more like it. From start to finish Emirates has it covered. Other airlines could take a leaf from their book on their lounges, quality of food and staff training.

Emirates Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Liz Sowerby    (UK)

Returned from Dubai to Newcastle on the 23rd November 2014. Our inflight entertainment system did not work. The staff tried resetting it, but this did not cure the problem. Eventually I was offered another seat, which I declined as we were travelling as a couple, I did not wish to move without my husband. When the hot meal was served, we choose the chicken, which was cold. Mentioned this to the staff, who offered another meal, but declined this. Beware, they have got too big to care.

Emirates Customer review :  14 January 2015 by K Rajesh    (UK)

DUB-DXB-DEL. The flight from Dublin was delayed which meant I was a bit worried about my connecting flight from Dubai as I only had about 2 hours transit but transit was pretty smooth. I had a positive experience with the security staff at Dubai airport - the guy who checked me was polite and smiled. Compared to Doha airport, Dubai seemed a lot better organized. This was my first time transiting through Dubai and I was impressed. The food on both flights was decent without being outstanding. For vegetarians, Air India and Jet Airways definitely offer a superior product. The staff on the Delhi flight neglected to distribute immigration forms which meant that the foreigners on the flight had to try and find forms at Delhi airport which was hard as they seemed to have run out. A helpful passenger had an extra form and I was saved. Overall I would say the flight was okay without being anything special - about the same as Qatar Airways.

Emirates Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Mindy Pang    (Singapore)

Great legroom even when the passenger in front reclines back. Cabin crew were friendly. Food was okay. Emirates has the widest inflight entertainment. However, the seat width is not really wide as compared to other airlines. In a nutshell, all 4 flights I took (Singapore to Dubai, Dubai to Glasgow and the return flights) were good.

Emirates Customer review :  14 January 2015 by P Nettur    (Australia)

I flew from Dubai to Mumbai on EK502 on 1st Jan 2015. I had a confirmed internet check in with seat numbers allocated. When I arrived at the counter I was told that they were over booked and I had to defer my flight. They informed me that the confirmed check in was not valid till a boarding pass was issued. I had to wait until the boarding time before they called me and offered a seat right at the back of the plane and not the one I reserved at time of online check in. Looks like they don't honor their online check in system.

Emirates Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Foin Valery    (Australia)

I flew from Adelaide to Paris a couple of days ago. Having heard of the really good reputation of Emirates, I was looking for to it. I was rapidly disappointed with a very basic service, more than average food and their ICE entertainment system really not user friendly with a lack of movie choices. By experience, there are far better airlines on offer for a better price too. Travelling back to Australia in a couple of weeks, hopefully they will prove me wrong.

Emirates Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Bertoni Matteo    (Italy)

DXB-MXP in First. Everything 5 star level, boarding with separate F class bus and private suite enables you to join a high level of comfort and privacy. Crew professionalism impressed me, I was always called by name from the Purser. Once seat is converted into a bed it is soft and comfortable. EK F class product is far away from all Europeans and can only compete with LH. Highly recommended.

Emirates Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Bertoni Matteo    (Italy)

MXP-DXB-BKK-DXB in Business. As usual I found the biz product to be excellent both on A380 and on B773. VIP lounge in Milan is brand new with plenty of seats and amenities with direct separate boarding directly from the lounge. Once on board seats are very comfortable, high quality food and drinks, smiles and kindness from all the crew. The only weakness is concerning boarding procedures at Bangkok that don't allow priority at all once pre-boarded is all chaotic, so you have to literally walk over economy class passengers. EK is one of the most comfortable J class in the market, I'll fly with them again.

Emirates Customer review :  11 January 2015 by J Howsam    (UK)

A380 Dubai - Melbourne. Seated in exit row 52, although some kind of fridge malfunction had soaked the floor, so we had to use blankets in order not to get wet - it being a full flight and already in exit row wasn't really going to give it up. Food was slightly disappointing - still perfectly edible but nothing special. IFE was great for TV, loads of series, but fewer movies. Inflight WIFI is a nice touch, although it took me 10 hours to log on. I sent them a complaint email about the wet floor during the flight which I think is pretty good. Overall - the Qantas-Emirates tie up is great for Europe to Australia, especially with the overnight timings of the flights, and A380's going all directions. Emirates also a solid choice for service.

Emirates Customer review :  11 January 2015 by V Gomes    (Thailand)

I flew twice with Emirates in December - Bangkok-Dubai-Gatwick returning Heathrow-Dubai-Bangkok then again Bangkok-Dubai-Istanbul and return. Their inflight entertainment options are above average although their headsets were broken 50% of the time. Other than this I am sad to say on both flights I was disappointed with all aspects of their service. Our group were always split in the most odd fashion - even on our business class flight I was separated several rows apart which made no sense. Food options ran out on one flight - chicken or lamb, my parents cannot eat lamb, but they ran out of chicken - no alternative or other option! We were no where near the back row so obviously many other passengers only had lamb as an option! There are far better options out there for similar prices or cheaper. Don't make the mistake I made - don't fly Emirates if you have other options.

Emirates Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Richard Campbell    (UK)

LGW-DXB-SIN. Plane 2 hours late leaving LGW due to late inbound arrival. Fog at DXB extended delay to 3 hours including an abortive attempt at landing. Landed 03.15, exactly the time onward flight to SIN should have been taking off. That flight had closed so missed connection. Incredibly difficult to get rebooked. Long queues at transfer desk. Staff did not have ability to make re bookings directly but had to call their reservations department somewhere else in airport. Long, long waits to get a response (half hour plus for each passenger) and no queuing system on their telephones. No offer to arrange hotels even though some passengers clearly becoming distressed at length of queuing time. To cap it all I later found that my connection was still on the ground when I arrived in DXB and did not leave for another 2 hours even though shown as flight closed i.e.they had allocated my paid for and checked in seat to someone else!

Emirates Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Solanki Divyesh    (UK)

My journey from Bangkok to London Gatwick return was the best journey I have had. On all sectors LGW-DXB-BKK and BKK-DXB-LGW I had a pleasant flight. Flight crew were extremely helpful, smiling all the time, food and drinks were served on time and food was surprisingly tasty. Fleet that served us on different legs of the journey were as following, LGW-DXB was on B777-300ER, DXB-BKK was on A380-800, BKK DXB was on A380-800, DXB-LGW was on B777-300ER. Seating arrangements on both Emirates B777-300ER and A380-800 is 3-4-3, I have always considered these seating arrangements to be very cramped. Surprisingly Emirates somehow made it feel specious with plenty of leg room. Entertainment on board both B777-300ER and A380-800 was wonderful, with over 1000 channels of entertainment to choose from flying cannot get boring. If you do manage to get bored then many of the Emirates B777 and A380 are fitted with inflight WIFI internet OnAir at a very reasonable price. I paid 0.63 for 600mb that's enough to last me on all my sectors. Overall I enjoyed everything Emirates had to offer, staff were very helpful, on board and on ground. Services offered on board were more than I expected. Entertainment, food and drinks on board were by the best I have had so far on an aeroplane. I would definitely recommend flying with Emirates if you haven't flown before.

Emirates Customer review :  5 January 2015 by A Mueller    (Germany)

Flew HAM-DXB-BLR and returned BLR-DXB-HAM in mid-December 2014 with Emirates. Before taking this flight I'd heard the hype about Emirates being one of the best airlines so was looking forward to the trip. How far could the reality be from the hype? A long way. Where to begin? The seats are not comfortable, stewardesses missed me twice when bringing drinks around and once when bringing meals (I wasn't asleep, they just didn't ask and were looking away from me so I couldn't get their attention until I had to practically shout at them - which got an angry- looking glare). On the return leg from BLR to DXB I got a nosebleed in flight and wanted to ask them for tissues - I used the call button but nobody came. Waited several minutes then tried again, this went on until the bleeping stopped after about 15 minutes. Not one attendant came to repeated buzzing over that time. Finally it stopped and I got out of my window seat and to the toilet to take care of it myself. I noticed during the flights to BLR and on the return that there were plenty of other people who also got no responses to their calls - they finally gave up or I saw a couple of them get up from their seats and find an attendant themselves - so ignoring passengers seems to be corporate policy. Meals are also average. All-in-all not a good experience over 4 flights with this airline - I would not recommend flying with them - I sure won't if I can avoid it.

Emirates Customer review :  31 December 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

EK 384, BKK-HKG in Business. Everything about this airline is superb. Sparkling new A380, warm, professional crews, nice lounge in BKK. In flight WiFi, live TV, great IFE, bar, etc. That said, boarding could be improved as it was a bit chaotic.

Emirates Customer review :  31 December 2014 by P Graham    (UK)

EK0015, 8th Dec. Flew from UK via Dubai to Capetown. Had to travel for work urgently. Last minute booking was easy and good app. Brightervisas secured my SA visa so I was away quickly. Was able to get 15% off loads of things with Skywards membership and the seats and service was great. Downside was the tea but coffee was OK. On return 1 hour delay due to late passenger which was not great but service was top level.

Emirates Customer review :  31 December 2014 by P Amit    (India)

Travelled on DEL-DXB and DXB-Lagos sector. Aircraft on DEL-DXB sector was good. Seat comfort was ok. Food was good and staff courteous. DXB-Lagos sector aircraft was old, seats were not that comfortable. However, prompt and good service made up for it. Emirates business lounge in New Delhi is very good. Dubai lounge is also good.

Emirates Customer review :  31 December 2014 by C Birbeck    (UK)

NCL-DXB-TPE return in economy class 12/12 - 20/12. All 4 legs were Boeing 777-300. Managed to book the 2 seats at the rear of the plane for the entire journey. Legroom not great but managed OK. ICE entertainment system was excellent with a good choice of things to watch. Food provided was nothing to write home about - adequate would be the best term. Flight attendants were OK, nothing outstanding. Polite and pleasant. This was my first time with Emirates and had been led to believe it would be an amazing experience. Turned out to be no better or worse than other carriers who fly these routes. A bit underwhelmed, actually.

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2014 by G Tucker    (Australia)

Just flew PER-DXB-FRA. We found the overall experience to be disappointing and don't understand all the hype about Emirates being one of the best. The seats were narrow and hard which made them very uncomfortable for long flights. Qantas has way better seats. The food was average, nothing to note at all. The biggest disappointment was with the unfriendly, soulless cabin crew on both flights. Barely a smile out of any of them. They looked like they were dead walking, just going through the motions of their jobs. One in fact entertained us by digging around for ear wax a few times and then flicking into the aisle. She was gross! Not at all what we were expecting. Maybe our return flights will be better?

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2014 by Scholtz Jacobus    (South Africa)

We flew to Istanbul via Dubai on the 01/12/2014 and back on 10/12/2014. There were no problem with the flight itself but we found out afterwards that you get hotel vouchers if you have a stay over longer then 8 hours in Dubai. We had a 10 hours stay over at Dubai to Istanbul and a 12 hours over stay from Istanbul at Dubai. No where we was informed regarding the hotel vouchers-I am sure that I do not have to explain how tired we were. The staff when we bought our tickets should have notified us regarding this. We also only found out about the food vouchers by luck on the internet.

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2014 by Craig Willis    (Australia)

Dubai-Melbourne. First trip on A380 and it was fantastic. Allocated Business class seat on window in row 25 so just a short walk to the fantastic bar area. Seating and amenities were outstanding as was the service from a truly international crew. Entertainment system was the best I have ever used with a wide selection of movies and the flight tracking is brilliant. Food was as good as I have ever had on a flight and there was indeed plenty of it. Overall a wonderful flight and have no hesitation in recommending Emirates Business Class.

Emirates Customer review :  22 December 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

EK 385, HKG-BKK in Business Class. Hard to find many, in any faults in this service. Spectacularly equipped A380 with comfortable cabin, seating, remarkable IFE choices with high resolution screen. Business class bar a nice diversion from the in seat activities, service was very attentive and professional. Food and wine perhaps a tad below the rest of the experience but overall very hard to top this on the short run from HKG-BKK.

Emirates Customer review :  22 December 2014 by M Ishwara    (Malaysia)

KUL-MEL-KUL. The outbound flight to MEL was perfect and in-flight service was top notch. However, the inbound flight to KUL was less than ideal. There was at least a 75 minute delay out of MEL. I think this is to do with day-light saving time (1hr) in MEL plus a bit more. I think it is the airlines responsibility to adjust and advertise the correct departure times in cases such as this. I was not informed when I checked in over the web or the counter staff at the baggage drop. However, given the price out of KL, I would fly this airline again.

Emirates Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Sharma Priyanka    (India)

My Husband and I travelled on Emirates on DEL-DXB-NCE-CDG-DXB-DEL between 8th and 16th December, and were disappointed with the service that the airline offered. The DEL-DXB and DXB-DEL flights were the most horrible that I have encountered so far. The staff was extremely rude and unhelpful. On our DEL-DXB flight, I requested for water thrice but it never came and on my third request I was rudely told by the staff that she can't give me water as she had other priorities to take care of. It was a clear sign that Emirates is not interested in taking care of its flyers. Our flight from CDG-DXB was also not great as the supply of water and juices was intermittent. However I have high regards for the crew flying on DXB-NCE flight on the morning of 8th December. They were courteous, helpful and very prompt in their service. They made our journey special with a small pastry when they got to know that we were newlyweds. But this was plain luck as the rest three legs of the journey were very disappointing and we have decided not to fly Emirates again. The attitude of the staff clearly showed that passengers should not expect after sales service once they have paid for their tickets.

Emirates Customer review :  22 December 2014 by E Murray    (Australia)

I flew Business Class, Dubai to Casablanca return (777-300) and Dubai to Addis Ababa return (A330-200) last month. All flights were on time, cabin crew and service excellent, meals pretty good. I really couldn't fault them. The angled lay flat seat on the 777-300 is comfy, and I never fully recline it to flat - I find it much more comfortable to put it into a kind of almost lying down lazy boy chair, so both ends raised slightly off flat. While I've read many poor reviews on the Business class seats in the A330-200 I have to say I found it very comfy. It definitely doesn't stack up against their long haul A380 seats, or even the 777-300, but I was very comfortable with the deep recline, great footrests ( so much room) and comfy leather seats. These aircraft's are usually only used on their shorter flights and in this situation I have no problems.

Emirates Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Thomas Kelly    (UK)

DUB-DXB, 773 fantastic. New high quality equipment with great attention to detail from very professional staff. Connection to BKK flight in DXB international was a disgrace. Was looking forward to flying the A380 but experience was just not the same, 20% of the staff did very little while the others were extremely busy on a very full flight. Conclusion, other airlines should take note.

Emirates Customer review :  18 December 2014 by L Jarvis    (Australia)

LHR-DBX-SIN, A380. Emirates A380 is a brilliant product. I flew economy - and it was arguably the best cabin experience. Spacious, great inflight entertainment, comfortable seat, amazingly lit cabin at night and great food. It was really difficult to fault. The staff were friendly and helpful, got some great sleep on the flight too - and there's really not much else to say! Would highly recommend.

Emirates Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Michael Mo    (China)

EK204-EK304 JFK-DXB-PVG. We are skywards members. Departure time is 12:05AM, Delayed for about 4 hours. We would not make our connection flight to Shanghai. The staff in New York only gave us one choice which was fly to Hong Kong from Dubai then transfer the flight back to Shanghai in Hong Kong. We asked them for next flight from Dubai to Shanghai but they said that they can not find the tickets in their system. The A380 from JFK to DXB is ok. Entertainment is the best of all airlines. The seat for A380 have more legroom than the 777. Food is fantastic. Three meals served. You can order beverages or snacks any time on board. I still recommend Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  10 December 2014 by T Marsden    (UK)

We flew from LGW to DXB (777-300), stopped in DXB for 3 days and flew onwards from DXB to BNE (A380), as we'd heard good reviews of Emirates and wanted to see a little of UAE. Emirates offered the best price and connections to/from Australia and New Zealand. Really disappointing LGW to DXB service - staff were rude, had no personality and seemed rushed. Food was average and entertainment not much better. We left the flight in DXB more than willing to give them a second chance to impress on the longer DXB-BNE sector (14hrs on the A380) but more of the same. Staff were rude, unfriendly, seemed rushed to complete service, more concerned with doing their make-up (we were sat next to the galley) than much else. Really poor. We're flying back CHC-SYD-BKK-DXB-LGW and to say that we're looking forward to it would be misleading. Compared to other long-haul flights we've flown (Air NZ, Virgin Atlantic, Singapore, BA), Emirates are by far and away the worst - unless it seems you are lucky to be a Gold member, when they can't do enough for you.

Emirates Customer review :  10 December 2014 by David Ellis    (UK)

CPT-DXB-LHR. Appalling start in the Bidvest 'Premier' lounge at CPT, stuffed to the gills and poor quality food and drink. FAs friendly enough on 777-300ER but dinner service slow and the 2-3-2 seats lacked privacy for a night-time flight. 4 hr stopover at DXB fine once the gate for A380 flight to LHR had been identified - no thanks to a discourteous DXB employee. A380 impressively quiet as ever and a pair of E/F seats were excellent for a couple. Lunch service again slow and the main courses inedible. Flight deck poor at updating on flight, including bad turbulence. Quick disembarkation and speedy baggage reclaim.

Emirates Customer review :  10 December 2014 by G Tolefe    (Australia)

Not sure why Qantas decided to partner with Emirates - terrible deal for Qantas customers! Travelling from Dubai to New York on the A380, I bought paid for the WiFi access and used it for about 5 minutes before it went off. When I complained to the onboard service director, she told me that Emirates was not responsible for the service and that I needed to write to "inner" the service provider. This was absolutely shocking - in my opinion, Emirates is responsible for every service offered on it's flights. Also, flying from LHR to Dubai, on a night flight, my seat was damaged and wouldn't recline so having paid for a first class seat, I was unable to get a nights rest (the aircrew told me that they knew the seat was damaged before the flight left but that the engineer was unable to fix it). The flight was full so I was unable to be relocated but I would have preferred to have been given the choice of another flight - this is what Qantas would have done. Put simply, I believe that Emirates have placed far too much emphasis on growth and not enough on keeping customers happy. Given the available alternatives and the cost of air tickets, I for one will not be flying Emirates anymore.

Emirates Customer review :  10 December 2014 by H Mutschler    (Germany)

EK 772, CPT to DXB. Flight was on a Boeing 777-300. Boarding was on time and it was fast. Take off about 30 minutes late, but even with almost 30 minutes holding time in DXB plane was still on time or schedule. Crew was nice and food choices was matched. I even got a second hot meal as I was still hungry. Bags were on belt when we arrived there. Only downturn was, that the full plane got a remote stand and we had to take the bus to the terminal, which took almost another 30 minutes. Would fly EK again, since the legroom was great in economy.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax