Emirates Airline Passenger Reviews and Emirates Customer Trip Reports

4 Star Airline

a World 4-Star Airline

Emirates
3.5 Star Rating: Good

Emirates Customer review :  28 May 2015 by S Mahoney    (Denmark)

CPH-DXB return. Very attentive staff from beginning to end, FA's very friendly and well groomed. Having flown this sector previously with QR I can only say the service level differs in the fact that EK staff are less robotic and overly smiley at least on my flights. Would definitely fly with them again.

Emirates Customer review :  28 May 2015 by A Kupferman    (Thailand)

Flight EK375, Business Class from Bangkok to Dubai on May 23, 2015 on a A380. After viewing all those promotional videos from Emirates, I decided to use that airline to fly to Riyadh via Bangkok, and must confess that I am somewhat disappointed. The lounge in Bangkok is quite plain and sterile, with a very limited choice of food. As to the flight itself, seats are not ergonomic: the armrest is very short, due to the separation panel between seat and corridor and the table is difficult to pull out, if you are very slightly overweight. Emirates is quite stingy with amenities, and even socks are taken away at the end of the flight, if unused. Service was efficient, but it cannot be compared with the one on Etihad, where you can wine and dine anytime, and where the choice of drinks and the quality of food is far superior to what is offered on Emirates. Flight attendants were relatively indifferent. The bar of course is very nice and that is the best thing on that flight. The cabin decoration is reminiscent of a hospital corridor. All in all, a flight without surprise, but next time, I will go back to the friendly Thai people or to the excellent Etihad performance.

Emirates Customer review :  28 May 2015 by Kim Hopkins    (Australia)

23 May 2015, EK 095 and EK 095. Just arrived in Dubai flying the A380 Business class seats 14 E & 14 F from Bangkok. Read so so so reviews before taking the flight. Am very surprised as really nothing to complain about. Excellent service, fantastic food great seating very comfortable. I am 193 cm and experienced no problem at all with the seating despite complaints in other reviews, think they must be difficult people to satisfy - it's a plane not a hotel! Would I fly business with Emirates 380 again - absolutely. Next leg is in the 777 to Rome so will review that later.

Emirates Customer review :  28 May 2015 by S Habib    (Canada)

BKK-HKG-BKK trip on EK384 and EK385, respectively on April 1st and April 4th. On the outbound leg, boarding was at will. Arrived at boarding gate about an hour before the departure time and was told to go ahead and grab our seats inside the plane. The cabin crew appeared to have little or no training in their jobs. They wore dirty, shabby uniform. No safety checks or seatbelt checks prior to take off as one would expect from any airline. Rushed safety announcement which was barely understandable. The meal they served resembled a frozen, microwavable quick meal. I picked the chicken offering, which smelt and tasted horrible. Cabin crew were mostly absent through the entire flight. On our return leg, same story with the meal - I didn't even bother to touch it. IFE screen was frozen on my wife's seat and despite promises from a crew to reboot it, nothing worked. Headphones for half the passengers in my section were broken as could be seen from passenger complaints onboard. I fly this route at least once a year, and do not look forward to flying EK again unless desperate. The A380 is an amazingly comfortable plane to fly, however, EK service was a massive letdown.

Emirates Customer review :  28 May 2015 by F Kleinen Hammans    (The Netherlands)

AMS-DXB-HKG and MEL-DXB-AMS. Overall I was impressed by the aircraft (especially the amount of space in the A380), entertainment and catering. The crew however in my opinion delivered a very inconsistent service along the different flights. In general the welcome during boarding was excellent, personal and warm. But then the crew members differed so much that I was puzzled. Some really were excellent, did lot's of extras to make you feel a welcome guest. The other half however in my opinion was either rushed, tired, did not reply to call button at all. No apologies/no sign of human contact were made at all on the long MEL-DXB flight after forgetting two rows on meal service, not replying to call button, buttons, forgetting to hand out drinks ordered. It really was an accumulation of mistakes that can happen, but the handling of it made me unhappy. All in all I will fly them again for the comfortable product they offer, but I have tempered my expectations for the overall face to face contact during the flights, which in my opinion weigh heavily.

Emirates Customer review :  28 May 2015 by Noah Schmid    (Switzerland)

On the flight to Dubai we wanted to Fly Business Class but unfortunately all Business Class and First Class seats were booked - so we booked Economy Class on the A380. This was the best Economy Class experience we have had, the seats are wide with a lot leg room. Service was great.

Emirates Customer review :  26 May 2015 by G Burton    (Australia)

EK435 Brisbane to Dubai A380. It was a full flight and I did not get the seat I requested, however that is not unique to Emirates and the aisle seat I had 87H was ok, its drawback was being knocked as people navigated the aisle. The noise from the flushing of the nearby toilets was annoying, but after 14 hours and 20 minutes it takes very little to mildly annoy you. I received 3 adequate meals, receiving a menu would have been nice and would have avoided much confusion and a protracted meal service as the dishes or lack of was explained to questioning passengers. Being seated at the back of the plane meant no choice of meal as they had run short of one of the options. The cabin crew from 19 countries speaking 17 different languages were young and seemed to lack any cohesion or team work. The meal services were seemingly the most unorganised I have seen, but everybody ate in the end. The bar service was poor but that might be expected of this carrier but was available if you were prepared to go looking for it. The staff were not overly helpful and frequently served refreshment throughout the flight, the cabin staff were commonly found in the galley areas chatting and seemed to lack some direction and co- ordination. The seat was adequate with better leg room than some carriers, a foot rest would have been useful. The inseat TV screens and entertainment system were excellent. The onward flight was equally full - EK161, A330 with a similar review. This time a menu was provided and the bar did arrive in time with the meals. We were airborne without being offered any refreshment for almost 2 hours until the meal service commenced and again this was more disorganised and ad hoc than any other airline I have ever experience, but again all were fed and watered. Towards the end of the 7 hour 40 minute flight the toilets were dirty, the bins overflowing and toilet paper expended. These seats were less comfortable with less leg room and smaller TV screen. Overall and an average long haul experience, slightly better than I expected. I would use again if the price point was enticing.

Emirates Customer review :  26 May 2015 by J M P Heung    (UK)

Three of us travelled with Emirates, leaving Heathrow on 30th April 2015 and returning on 16th May 2015. The trip to Singapore was ok but initially food of choice was not given to us until 30 minutes later they managed to find us the curry mutton. However the complaint I have about the flight is the return trip from Singapore stopover at Dubai to Heathrow. The first leg between Singapore and Dubai was fine. It is flight from Dubai to London on the 16th May 2015 which I am most unhappy about. At the start, the flight was late. The air-conditioning was not working under the heat in Dubai. The pilot did inform us of the fault with the air-conditioning but that it would be fine once we were in the air. The flight was delayed 30 minutes and we were not given water from the flight attendants. For that reason I doubt if I will fly with Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  23 May 2015 by P Nunn    (UK)

LGW-DXB-BKK-DXB-LHR. LGW-DXB B777. I had forgotten how bad the Emirates 777 were, the decision to have 4 across the middle makes the aircraft feel cramped and the one I used felt in need of a refit. The good selection of movies and TV can be let down with many faults, only the left side audio worked in my seat after trying 3 different head sets I gave up and the seat next to me had to be rebooted several times before it would work. All other legs on A380 had the feeling of space and room and after the 777 was excellent, but still several cabin issues either with the IFE or the seat not being able to recline fixed by a male member of the cabin crew putting all his weight on it and forcing it back. I sat it up for the meal and it would not go back again so the rest of the flight was spent upright. Meals came at odd times and the drinks came much later than the meals. As for the cabin staff they are a very mixed group so you are never sure of the level of service you will get, I went on one flight to ask for a toothbrush and it was met with a look of what do you expect in economy class, then the curtain was pulled shut and I was left wondering if there was one or not, a minute or so later a hand comes out of the side of the curtain holding 2 toothbrushes.

Emirates Customer review :  21 May 2015 by N Brighton    (UK)

Manchester (MAN) to Dubai A380 and then on to Christchurch (via BKK and SYD) on B777. Return from Auckland to Dubai (via BNE) and Dubai to Manchester all on A380. My first time with Emirates (lots of KLM/AF in last 5 years) and overall a good experience. A380 seats slightly wider so feel more roomy but what gave most space is that with exception of one leg (BNE to DXB) seat next to me was empty. Food mostly OK (one meal was cold) but Emirates choice of meal and times seems odd. (So 10pm flight out of MAN serves eve meal but no breakfast before landing at 7am local time), next flight leaves 9am local time and then serves lunch almost immediately. On the longer legs I miss the 'help yourself buffet' cart that KLM/AF have in the galley. Cabin crew vary a lot, huge range of nationalities means considerable variety in service. In A380 it takes a while to get served, so your meal is eaten (or left to go cold) long before you get offered a drink. Inflight entertainment is excellent, once you've got used to having adverts at the start! Overall was happy with Emirates but didn't love it. I suspect the reason they were cheapest flights is because they do everything to a tight budget and the economy experience reflects this.

Emirates Customer review :  21 May 2015 by S Mehta    (India)

Flight EK008 from London Heathrow to Dubai, 16 April 2015, Business Class. The seat I was assigned, 10D did not recline, and was broken. The system was rebooted 3-4 times from the shoe holder, from the rack alongside the seat, from the control area of the aircraft and separately by another to physically try and push it down, each one extending for up to 15 minutes and me forced out of the seat for the majority of this period, and this went on for about 3.5 hours of the 7 hour flight. Until then, I was not moved to any other seat, with the rebooting, I couldn't use the entertainment options for a couple of hours as well. After the Chief Purser heard about this, she immediately took action, and moved me to another seat. I was for approximately 2.5 hours of the flight moved to seat 4K on the flight thereafter. The electronic console handset which is connected to the seat did not power on and didn't work. There was water clogging in the shower in the bathroom on the right side of the aircraft. I had a vegetarian oriental meal requested, and instead it was an Asian Vegetarian Meal that got loaded. Once again, we are now in the 21st century, and still Emirates Business Class does not have a single (out of four) main course meal options in the menu which are vegetarian. Often last minute travel options have to be ticketed, and this means, I will not have any assurance of a vegetarian meal option on Emirates. Seems odd and not befitting an airline such as Emirates which has fantastic infrastructure and options available to it as well as world renowned chefs. Overall, as you can imagine, this was disappointing for me as a Platinum member flying Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  21 May 2015 by A Vitali    (France)

CDG-DXB-KIX NRT-DXB-CDG. A380 / B777-300ER. First time with Emirates, with high expectations. In terms of aircraft's themselves not disappointed at all. Great seats (especially on the A380) with space enough to bear long flights and extremely wide selection of entertainment. What disappointed me was first of all the service. In all 4 legs almost all crew members were almost bothered to give service. No smiles at all. When you asked them something basic like a glass of water you almost felt you were bothering them. Another disappointment was food quality and quantity. Continental breakfast from DXB left me hungry for few hours. The rest of meals acceptable but not good as other European Airlines (AF or KLM for example). Overall really not in line with my expectations and not same overall level as other airlines as SQ or QF. Anyway prices keep being competitive so at the end fair value for money.

Emirates Customer review :  21 May 2015 by Julie Plasst    (USA)

Flight EK207, Dubai-New York, May 14th 2015. We boarded the plane with 400 people and no air conditioning, on time with no delays. When we were moving towards the runway, the plane stopped and after an hour the captain realized there was a technical issue. We were kept onside the plane for 2.5 hours with no food or water. The flight crew were most inconsiderate. It was a madhouse! People were frustrated and angry without any details on what was going on. They finally let us out from the plane into a tiny lounge (at least it had AC). Forget about food or water at this point. 1.5 hours later they boarded the same plane all over again and with total of 4 hours delay we finally took off. We were in Dubai, home country to Emirates and the company couldn't expedite the problem with providing us with the new pane? It was my first and my last time with Emirates!

Emirates Customer review :  19 May 2015 by J Kercher    (New Zealand)

I just used Emirates for the trans-Tasman trip from Auckland to Melbourne, so benefited from being in a big plane. It was the first time in many years that I actually enjoyed the trans-Tasman flight. Comfortable seat, tasty food (real cutlery!) and polite service. Lots of movies and TV programmes to choose from and you had the option of viewing one of three plane cameras which made it interesting. The only downside was having to return the headphones 20 minutes before landing, and I hadn't finished watching the movie. A tip to take your own headphones. I would highly recommend Emirates for Aus/NZ flights.

Emirates Customer review :  19 May 2015 by N Brighton    (UK)

Flew from Manchester (UK) to Dubai on EK20 and then from Dubai to Christchurch (NZ) on EK419 (this flight stops at Bangkok and Sydney on the way. Returned from Auckland via Brisbane to Dubai on EK 435 and then to Manchester on EK17. EK419 is on a B777 with the remained on A380's. Cabin crew are variable, but mostly good, I suspect the multinational nature of crews contributes to this variability. The connection time in Dubai for the outward leg was 90 mins, but there was someone at the gate who met me and other transfer passengers with shorter connections and escorted us to transfer buses. On most legs the food was reasonable (except for the hot meal from Auckland which was nearly cold by the time I got it) though the decisions about when and what to serve seem bizarre. For example the flight leaving at 7:30am served lunch 2 hours into flight and on the return I got two evening meals served 3 hours apart. Unlike KLM/AF who I've flown with lots in last 5 years there is not a self service buffet mid flight on the long haul legs. Entertainment system is excellent, though it's unusual to have adverts on aircraft. Seats were OK, a bit wider on A380. Overall, it feels rather formulaic: fine when it all works but with no margin for error.

Emirates Customer review :  12 May 2015 by M LaPrairie    (USA)

EK722, NBO-DXB, business class, Seat 9J. 777-200. NBO airport a total nightmare. Why EK even bothers inviting passengers to its lounge there when it is standing room only is beyond me. I couldn't get out of it fast enough. The terminal was painful, particularly the gate area. Once on board, not overly impressed with the seat. Crummy selection of newspapers. I was chatting with my seatmate, but the privacy divider would not retract which made conversing awkward. We were in the air for well over an hour before I had anything to drink, something that would never happen on QR, SQ or CX. The lead FA for the business cabin came around asking people how their experience was so far and seemed to be aware of the horrors of NBO airport.

Emirates Customer review :  9 May 2015 by David Clark    (UK)

I travelled from Heathrow to Dubai and then onto Singapore. On my return it was from Tokyo to Dubai and then onto Heathrow. As far as I am concerned, it has been the best airline that I have travelled with. Seating and leg room was more than enough (I'm 6 foot). The food was adequate, but how many breakfasts and lunches can you eat? Mine was a total of 8. One consideration which I was very pleased with, is the fact that I am asthmatic and every time without exception I have ended up with a cold or infection. Not this time on all of the above flights. This must mean that Emirates change the air filters more often than others.

Emirates Customer review :  7 May 2015 by Katrina Prescott    (Australia)

I have not taken an international flight for many years, but before then I travelled overseas all the time, often with 2 small children (by myself). This trip I flew Sydney - Dubai - Dublin for Christmas 2014. Then returned Manchester - Dubai - Sydney in Jan 2015. I found on all flights that the cabin crew were fighting amongst themselves and were not interested in the passengers at all. I felt that it was an imposition to ask for anything. I went to the galley and asked for something to eat when most were sleeping, and was told that food would be coming soon. It came 2 hours later. The cabin crew were sitting/drinking/eating and arguing. The meal thing surprised me, as I had never been hungry on an international flight before. We were fed twice in 14 hours. Otherwise it was as you expect.

Emirates Customer review :  5 May 2015 by K Brozova    (Czech Republic)

I flew PRG-PER and SYD-PRG, both through DXB, and was satisfied. The staff was friendly and helpful, seats comfortable and spacious enough, the planes (B777 on all legs except for SYD-DXB, which was on the A380) were (or at least seemed) new and the vegetarian meal was surprisingly tasty. Both of the flights between Dubai and Australia were only half-full, making it much easier to sleep. The only hiccup along the way was high traffic at the Dubai airport, due to which we had to stay in the air for an additional 30 minutes. I also had to re-book my second flight (the charge for this is 99 euro), which I did over the phone in about ten minutes and without any problems. After flying with Emirates before, I had high expectations going on this trip and it's safe to say that they've been met.

Emirates Customer review :  2 May 2015 by M Manuel    (Romania)

Flight from ICN-DXB-MAD. Everything was fine except its cabin crew. Some were rude and never smiled. Dubai Airport is awful. It is just a shopping center, with zero possibility to see the airport apron.

Emirates Customer review :  2 May 2015 by Ed Roggeveen    (New Zealand)

I flew with my wife and 3 year old son from Auckland to Dubai via Brisbane and then a few days later onto London, all on A380s. Our son was given a pack with a book and activities as well as a blanket and toy on all the legs. On the way to Brisbane it took an hour before any refreshments were offered. Interestingly going to Dubai they didn't provide him with a child's meal, claiming we had to order it in advance (but surely they can see on the passenger manifest he is a child?) We asked our stewardess on the first leg if she could find one. She said she'd be back in a couple of minutes and we never saw her again. We asked someone else to see if they could organise one for going on to Dubai and same again. On the way to Dubai the lights were left on way too long. Yet when we went to London our son was given a child's meal straight away and the overall level of service was very good. The meals we got were very good, although the breakfast frittata was a bit overdone. No complaints about the superb entertainment options though. So same airline for two flights but two quite different levels of service.

Emirates Customer review :  29 April 2015 by Yasmin Simms    (UK)

I flew on 21st April 2015 from Bangkok to London, I had my baby with me and was feeling very nervous about flying with her, but the staff were so friendly and helpful. When my baby cried they helped me calm her down especially one staff member who saved my sanity, he even made me an iced coffee with out me asking. The second flight was not as great as I felt the staff weren't as friendly and welcoming, I had the assistance light on for over an hour and no one came and when I tried to wave someone down they would just ignore me. You could also hear a few of them moaning about being tired and hungry which I don't think is very professional. The main thing I would say that was bad was at the baggage claim when the buggy's were the last items to be put round the belt so there was a lot of tired babies and parents waiting for their buggies.

Emirates Customer review :  29 April 2015 by Amit Manchanda    (USA)

Flight EK225. Dubai to San Francisco. Airbus 380. Pathetic and Rude Infight service. Basic reply, there are 400 plus passengers and 8 crew members only. If crew are short staffed is it a passenger problem? Terrible service at baggage claim, more than 2 hours. Reason, short staff.

Emirates Customer review :  21 April 2015 by Joseph John    (Bahrain)

On a recent flight EK435 (A380) from Brisbane to Dubai on the 18th of April 2015, the flight had a technical problem shortly after passengers were boarded at 20.30 hrs. Resolution took over 3.5 hours during which all passengers were kept on the airplane with no food or drinks. Water and some fruit juice was distributed reluctantly by the crew after being repeatedly asked, it appeared they did not want to go through the bother of having to open and close the trolleys before the flight took off! The Captain made a few sporadic announcements in the 1st hour of waiting and then disappeared leaving announcements to the Purser. All in all the 14 hour flight took all of 17+ hours. The food was as usual substandard, the drinks as a few have mentioned only appeared after the food was served! I dread the day they are going to launch the new revamped A380!

Emirates Customer review :  20 April 2015 by C Smith    (Kenya)

Was on the Emirates flight Dubai to Delhi in February. Have done this route several times. They have this weird practice of serving meals before serving drinks, which is the norm, even on their other flights. It appears like they'd rather not have the passengers order any drinks which are advertised as included in the flight cost. Secondly, meal choices advertised on their Menu cards are almost always not fully available - its always, "Oh sorry, we've run out of this option, so all we can serve is this" Great - than why offer a choice in the first place. Seats are cramped with lower than average legroom.

Emirates Customer review :  20 April 2015 by Malcolm Lewis    (UK)

Flight from Manchester UK to Dubai and on to Singapore (Boeing 777). Flight not bad at all, seats Ok, staff very good. Slight delay getting to Dubai, but staff were very efficient at helping us to the connecting flight. Good flight back to the UK from Dubai on the new superjumbo airbus, Great seats, attentive staff, nice atmosphere and food Ok. Would certainly fly with them again.

Emirates Customer review :  17 April 2015 by K Sharples    (UK)

Food quality on board the B777 and the A380 was very poor. I travelled via Dubai to Tokyo and returned to Gatwick after a four night stop over in Dubai. On all my journeys I was either unable to have my choice of menu, because they had run out or the meal quality was extremely poor. The cabin crew apologised but said that they could not do anything and that my complaint was quite common!

Emirates Customer review :  15 April 2015 by M Moess    (New Zealand)

EK 5048, Wellington to Sydney (code share with Qantas), 21 March 2015. EK 413, SYD - Dubai, 21 March 2015. EK 841, Dubai - Doha, 27 March 2015. Excellent experience on Emirates. Staff service satisfactory, meals of good quality and endless amounts of onboard entertainment.

Emirates Customer review :  15 April 2015 by Kenyon Sean    (UK)

We recently flew Emirates to Dubai and then connected to Kuwait. The food and service was second to none. When we flew back from Kuwait our flight was delayed. We originally had 1hr and 30 mins between flights. By the time we landed in Dubai and reached the terminal it was 7.20 am local time. Our flight to Birmingham was due to close at 7.30 am! We ran like crazy to our gate A17. By the time we got there it was 7.35 am! We were then told our gate had been changed to A4. There was no way we were going to make it. The guy at the desk phoned through to gate A4 and told them he had 2 passengers and would personally bring them himself. He then picked up my wife's hand luggage and carried it to a buggy. We made it, last ones on the plane, but would never have without that member of staffs assistance.

Emirates Customer review :  15 April 2015 by Adrian Gifford    (UK)

Flying to Dubai from Manchester on 15th March 2015, Boeing 777, flight EK022, seat 21e and 21d. We found the service very poor. The female flight attendant never smiled or offered any greeting. We were not offered any drinks but had to ring the call button twice to get a response. On the second occasion for some water again rang twice and from the first call to receiving the drink was just over 11 minutes. This was before and after lunch not at a busy time. At lunch we had to ask for coffee which the male attendant leaned over to pore I had to ask for milk and sugar. The coffee was lukewarm and the attendant was equally out of sorts with himself. We have never had this treatment on previous Emirate flights. I wondered if we were on a no frills flight or was it because we can only afford to fly economy. Our return on 30th March was just the opposite with friendly crew and excellent service.

Emirates Customer review :  13 April 2015 by D Gill    (Canada)

Seattle-Dubai-Delhi and return. My first time with Emirates. Flew economy. 777-300 on all the legs. Positives: decent meals, plenty of choices in IFE, baggage offloading was quick. Negatives: for some reason during SEA-DXB leg, the formation of two lavatories each per section didn't seem to work very well. There always seemed to be a line up. All four times they seem to be always taking off a bit late from all the four points of departure. We were bussed to the terminal at DUB on arrival from DEL which took extra 30 minutes of our lay over. Cabin crew could use a bit more politeness. Too many announcements and most of them were barely audible and sounded like mumblings. Overall not bad, but I was expecting a bit more.

Emirates Customer review :  11 April 2015 by Haitham Mahmoud    (Egypt)

Doha to Dubai, EK848 and Dubai to Zurich, EK087. Both flights were 25 March 2015. Emirates was a great airline but lately its service levels are declining. We took a trip from Doha to Zurich with connection in Doha. On first leg we asked for blankets but no attention was given until flight landed and on reminding air hostess were told that no blankets were available on flight. On second leg, the food was quite poor and head phones were collected 30 minutes before landing. Certainly service levels have declined significantly compared to 2 years ago.

Emirates Customer review :  11 April 2015 by Kurowski Yvonne    (Australia)

I was flying from Melbourne to Warsaw, my plane from Melbourne was late and I lost the connection from Dubai to Warsaw. I was pleasantly surprised how Emirates organised another connection to my destination. The staff were wonderful and the food very tasty. On my way home, for half of my trip I was allocated to Business Class - no extra cost. I highly recommend Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  9 April 2015 by D Vasile    (UK)

LGW-DXB-BKK and return. 3 legs with 777-300er and 1 leg DXB-BKK with A380. Overall not impressed. Expected a lot more from the Emirates name. Both journeys no wifi available or telephone onboard as advertised. The screens seems to be a bit unresponsive. Staff lacking the extra mile with far too many announcements unrelated to flight safety, really disturbing at night time. Flying just once with Emirates is probably enough.

Emirates Customer review :  9 April 2015 by Jon Aindow    (UK)

Just returned from a 3 week break to Oz, Manchester to Brisbane (via Dubai) Sydney to Manchester (via Dubai). Have to say I was thoroughly impressed. Yes, the service wasn't fantastic from all the cabin crew. Yes, the meals weren't fine dining, yes, improvements can be made but if my 4 legs of this trip is anything to go from I would definitely recommend Emirates A380 services to others. We sat all 4 legs in 59 ABC in order to have the most stable journey so didn't test the levels down the length of this massive aircraft, however what we received was extremely good and am looking at booking again for this 22 hour journey with Emirates on the A380. If I were to be critical then improving the food offering would be good and using "secret shoppers" to test flight attendants would help, I interacted with around 20 flight attendants during these 4 legs and 18 were great, it's funny how 2 from 20 will stick out more in my mind. Emirates need to be careful with traffic flow as we had an hour circling prior to landing in Dubai due to congestion and then 3 hours later had an hour sat on stand waiting for a slot due to congestion. In essence I'd definitely recommend the Emirates A380 service, safety and comfort are first rate and with a few improvements I'd say even economy is first class!

Emirates Customer review :  7 April 2015 by McGuinness Kenneth Patrick    (Canada)

My wife and I flew return business class from Toronto to Bangkok via Dubai. The Toronto to Dubai leg on a newer A380 provided excellent cabin service and food with the exception of the hot breakfast which was well below par. Upon arrival in Dubai we found The business class lounges to be very comfortable providing a good selection of food, beverages and reading materials. The Dubai A380 leg went smoothly except for that hot breakfast again which once again proved inedible. The return flight A380 from Bangkok to Dubai was on an older series A380 and was a lot less comfortable due to a built in footrest which prevented me from stretching out my legs. I found this to be very debilitating as I have a bad knee and I was very uncomfortable unless I put the seat into the flat bed position. The Dubai - Toronto return leg was once again on a newer A380 and provided more comfort than the older A380. I still had not learned from my earlier hot breakfast experiences and fell for it a third time. This was by far the worst of all the three breakfasts and I took it upon myself to complain about the poached eggs that had the consistency of hockey pucks. The cabin crew were very apologetic and acknowledged that it was an ongoing issue. Overall the Emirates business class experience was expensive, mainly pleasant but could be significantly improved. The chauffeur service was excellent, however, everything else isn't where it needs to be yet in order for me to stop shopping around for alternatives. My comments and suggestions are listed below. Business class seats are narrow and uncomfortable, especially seats F & G which are only separated by an armrest. I was travelling with my wife so we didn't need to use the privacy screen which rises vertically from the armrest. Unfortunately, even when it is not in use it still protrudes vertically from the armrest by approximately 9" preventing use of the armrest for it's intended purpose, or even holding hands with your significant other if so inclined. In business class the lounge, 4 washrooms, galley and stairs to the lower level are all at the rear of the aircraft. This can make for a very busy area particularly with cabin crews comings and goings. It also makes for a very long walk to the washroom if you are seated near the front of the business class section. Kudos to the cabin crew as they delivered all food on trays without resorting to the use of trolleys which would obviously restrict passenger movement and clog up the aisles. Having said that, requests for individual items can be met by comments such as "I'll be back in a minute". When I mentioned to a member of the flight crew that the flight tracker program wasn't working during the Toronto return leg it was just met by a shrug of shoulders and no explanation? My biggest beef regarding my first Emirates experience is that we never once saw the plane's purser (cabin manager) on any flight as they never appeared from behind the curtain that separates first and business classes.

Emirates Customer review :  7 April 2015 by Oscar Medina    (Philippines)

I am a frequent traveler with Emirates and am sad to say it is all going downhill. MNL-DBX-AMM and CAI-DBX-MNL on the way back. The B777-300 ER is a nice plane, with departure at 12.20 am. With all the time spent in the airport and the lousy lounges at Manila airport (not airline's fault), one gets to the flight starving. Just to find out they have "Light Bites Service". All options below business class standards. Tiny portion leaves you starving for the rest of the flight until breakfast comes. No service in between. This service takes more than two hours to be completed, when people want to go to sleep as soon as possible. Then, the connection to Amman, was far worse. A330 plane is really bad, when the passenger in front of you fully reclines, you end up with his head on your lap. When things couldn't get worse, they did on the way back. Ground staff at Cairo are as bad as the airport itself. No priority boarding, long faces, a true mess. Fortunately, I was served dinner as it was dinner time. B777-200 also a very bad aircraft. My ICE screen got stuck when the guy in front of me reclined fully. Crew did nothing. Then, another red-eye to Manila, more "Light Bites" service, crew took three hours in offering the duvet for the hard seats (by then, they already woke me up). These flights require super-fast bed service, not three hours after. An really, can't you afford a true meal? Really disappointed.

Emirates Customer review :  7 April 2015 by D Hiu Martin    (Saudi Arabia)

EK 415, SYD-DXB - business class, April 4th 2015. Check-in agent was friendly. Flight was on time. The crew overall worked very hard, aside from several juniors who seemed to shadow more senior stewardess, whom need to polish further their customer focus skill. Food is of high quality (Seared duck as appetizer and steak). I skipped breakfast, which was the first meal, as I had enough breakfast from the Sydney Emirates lounge, which serves very high quality breakfast. Wine on offer inflight is of high quality. ICE entertainment system again, the best there is in the industry. A380 that is deployed in this flight is an early generation of the type, as it does not have the latest innovation such as electrically controlled window shutters, better ICE controller and slightly smaller screen. Overall a very pleasant flight and will meet the expectations of the most discerning flyer. Note to Emirates, whomever design the menu/wine list for EK flight to and out of LAX, should take note on the menu served in this flight. I got the feeling that these menu are designed by 2 different staff/divisions.

Emirates Customer review :  7 April 2015 by C Lewis    (South Africa)

My husband and I flew from Johannesburg to Istanbul, via Dubai in late March 2015. The flights to Dubai and then Istanbul were fairly uneventful. I had requested a gluten free meal. The gluten free portion of the meal was unimaginative and very unappetising. Arriving at Istanbul we waited at least 30 minutes for the luggage to be offloaded. The return trip, however, was an ordeal from beginning to end. The flight left Istanbul more than an hour late. We had to wait in a boarding area that was far too small for the number of passengers. We arrived in Dubai with 30 minutes to make our connecting flight and were told that we had been rescheduled on a later flight, which meant a wait of 5 hours through the night. Our compensation was an inadequate meal voucher. Meanwhile, our original connection left more than 30 minutes late in any case and we could still have made it. The new connection also left late by about 40 minutes. My special meal request was not transferred to the new flight. The flight was jam packed and the service was patchy. When the coffee eventually came around it was absolutely cold. I will not be flying Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  7 April 2015 by Jackson David    (UK)

BHX-DXB-BKK, 1st April 2015, 777 then A380 - EK 0384 and EK 0040. A Tale of Two Cities! The contrast between these two flights was vast so the data below is an average of both, hence here is my review for each leg. Leg One, Birmingham to Dubai. Plane full, seats squashed, leg room limited, staff mainly rushed and miserable, touch screen sensitivity useless. Leg Two, Dubai to Birmingham. Plane full, seats much larger in width and leg room, wonderful attentive staff, new screen with light touch sensitivity. No headphones provided to me. The price was 480 return with a return in July which was excellent and was much cheaper than from HRW with a better and shorter DXB layover of 2 hours. Would use again. Two gripes - advertisements at beginning of films and shows annoy me, so an ability to just watch 20 seconds of a bit of each film in order to get the gist of it would be great, I have no time to wade through numerous adverts just to eliminate 80% of the substandard films. Gripe Number Two, yes, its the Emirates Music! Great when you only fly them occasionally but hideous when it just goes on and on and on, a four chord repeat monotony, come on Emirates how about the sound of silence?

Emirates Customer review :  7 April 2015 by L Monks    (UK)

We have flown with Emirates more than 20 times. In the last 4 months we flew Business Class 8 times and First Class once. We have experienced 2 great flights with them but 6 awful flights. Emirates call centre were disorganised and provided conflicting information when we called to try to make changes. The crew in general are by far the worst we have experienced on any airline (including budget airlines). On 4 of the recent flights, my wife was pregnant. Emirates made very little attempt to make the flight any better for her. We have flown with Emirates various times over the last 7 years and have found the experience increasingly worse. The food in Business Class has been paired back so much that it is almost inedible. They have chosen to use extremely cheap bread and pastry products as filler. The food at Singapore Business Lounge was inedible, I say this as a statement of fact, not a complaint. I returned to the main terminal and purchased food and drink from there and brought it back into the lounge. The chauffeur service is also highly variable. At Singapore, we were collected by an 8 year old, souped up mini van (replete with flashing lights inside and worn out interior) instead of the limousine they promise. We fly a combination of Business and First Class when we use Emirates, our reason for this is to try to avoid undue stress when travelling to or from a holiday destination. Unfortunately we have found that for 75% of the time, we come home feeling frustrated. We are going to try BA and Virgin for our future trips - I would highly recommend avoiding ever using Emirates airlines.

Emirates Customer review :  7 April 2015 by I Jumbe    (Austria)

I flew Emirates from Vienna to Harare in March. The difference in quality of aircraft from VIE-DXB, to DXB-HRE was staggering. The Africa-bound plane was old, the seats were narrow and uncomfortable (comparatively), the in- flight entertainment system was archaic (without even the detailed route tracker that is the standard of other Emirates planes). Before opting for the Business class flight, I had flown Emirates coach a number of times and, on the newer planes, it is far superior to business on the Harare route, if value for money is something you care about. Incredibly disappointed. The massive gulf in quality between the Europe-originating route and the Africa-bound one was massive. Unforgivably so, given the fact that we were still expected to pay a premium. Poor showing, Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  5 April 2015 by Stewie Smith    (Spain)

Emirates A380 is the only way to fly long distance today. We flew from Spain to Dubai and back on it and once you experience the bar at the back and being able to move around, drink, chat and socialize you will not want to fly any other way than the A380 Emirates Business Class. It sets a standard of luxury that no other aircraft or airline can compete with. They know the meaning of going that extra mile and the A380 is it!

Emirates Customer review :  5 April 2015 by J Fox    (Ireland)

DUB-DBX-PEK and return. Four Emirates Flights in the last 6 days. First sector from Dublin to Dubai was astonishingly poor for an airline as reputable as Emirates. Chaotic boarding, late departure - 1hr 10 minute delay. Staff onboard were generally surly, abrupt, extremely rude and unhelpful. One particular stewardess on this flight demonstrably lacked the people and interpersonal skills required to carry out her responsibilities. The aircraft's ICE system was particularly ineffective and difficult to navigate. However, the further three flights resonated as if it were a completely different airline. Staff were utterly professional, courteous, caring and engaging throughout. The PEK-DBX flight epitomised the standard for exemplary customer service in every way, albeit helped by the fantastic A380-800 aircraft used on this sector. Despite the first let-down, Emirates will be my airline of choice for any future longhaul international travel.

Emirates Customer review :  5 April 2015 by Taylor Frank    (Australia)

SYD-CDG-LHR-SYD. With stops either way in Dubai. Hadn't flown Emirates since 2005 and very mixed reviews but I had to book a trip due to a family illness in England, literally booked 4 days before flying and Emirates gave me a very good price. On all 4 sectors I flew A380s couldn't fault them, the planes were clean, staff were courteous, ICE was excellent and meals not too bad and above all the toilets were kept very clean, flew in the forward economy section on 3 sectors and it felt very cosy. Keep it up Emirates will certainly fly you back to Italy next year with my wife.

Emirates Customer review :  5 April 2015 by J Fox    (Ireland)

DUB-DXB-PEK and return. First time to fly Emirates. Three flights on the Boeing 777-300, one on the Airbus A380-800. 3/4 sectors typified the renowned Emirates service but DUB-DXB left a lot to be desired with surly, uninterested and even some ignorant cabin crew. Some even refused to bring water to passengers. Disgraceful conduct. The IFE system was also difficult to navigate on this sector leading to a less than satisfactory flight. However, all other sectors were extremely good, particularly service aboard the A380 from PEK-DXB. Staff were exemplary, chatty, smiling, engaging and above all courteous. Our group received complimentary champagne on two occasions during the flight. They went out of their way to make us feel at home. Space was very good, the IFE fantastic and food was excellent. All in all a wonderful experience and definitely my airline of choice for future International travel.

Emirates Customer review :  2 April 2015 by P Hopkins    (UK)

A colleague and I travelled Business Class to Singapore (via Dubai) from Heathrow on our way to Australia and New Zealand end January 2015. Our flight on Emirates proved to be a highlight of the holiday. The crew, the food, the ambience, the comfort was all absolutely fantastic. We travelled other airlines on our tour but none came anywhere near the standards set by Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  31 March 2015 by A Guild    (Australia)

We flew from Birmingham to Melbourne with stops in Dubai and KL - very satisfactory. Excellent lounges and good departure times so the trip was as painless as possible. Service varied from ok to excellent. Seat 9A and 9B were well positioned, comfortable and with good appointments and spaces for storage. Emirates is clearly a top class airline with all the trimmings that a long time traveller expects (for the $$$!). Their entertainment system is a bit hard to navigate. Program selection fantastic.

Emirates Customer review :  29 March 2015 by Mahi Anah    (New Zealand)

Traveled on 24th March 2015, flight EK435 from Auckland to Paris stop over Brisbane then onto Dubai. I would of appreciated more move selection, the same with the music. 25 mins before landing our headphones were collected. Why? Flight attendants were slow bringing drinks. Flight from Brisbane to Dubai (13 hrs) I recalled them coming around with water 4x. I had to get up to ask an attendant to fill my water bottle because they were too busy talking in the food prep area. Meal selection always ran out by the time it got to the back rows. On our final flight the first meal from Dubai to Paris was served 3hrs into the 7hr flight it was breakfast of what was left over and not everything on the menu. Lunch again was what was left over and too salty, I requested cheese and crackers and got told she'd come back after she served the drinks but I got nothing. One of the toilets (Brisbane to Dubai flight) soap dispenser was broken and soap seeped out onto the floor making a huge wet slippery surface. There was never moisturizers or spray in it and there was always one toilet not operational. I paid for a flight that covered all its services why should I be made to feel like my needs are not important. I didn't request extra food or alcohol I just wanted my choices on the menu, toilet paper, soap, spray refreshers and moisturizer in a clean toilet and to be able to listen to good music and get water without having to ask.

Emirates Customer review :  29 March 2015 by Martin D Hiu    (Saudi Arabia)

DMM-DXB-BKK on March 26 - In Economy, Emirates has a solid offering, few airlines can match. Crews are friendly, courteous. I wonder why these crews are not deployed on the long haul route such as LAX, even on Business Class of the same route, need crews like this set to work on. For example, there was a crying infant, who tirelessly screamed pretty much the entire flight, much to the annoyance of many passengers. One of the crew offered the mother to look after the screaming child, although not taken by the offered customer, her kindness and customer orientation is surely noticed by other passengers. Food on this route is enjoyable, Asian style chicken. Got upgraded to Business on the first leg, which is very nice of Emirates to recognize my status with them. Seat is a bit hard on the A380, however, bearable on a short and medium haul flight. I can not imagine sitting in that seat for a long haul 16 hours flight to LAX.

Emirates Customer review :  28 March 2015 by M Langran    (Australia)

ADL-DXB-VCE return March 2015. B777-300ERs all legs. First time on EK and must say I was impressed, certainly compared to QF long haul. Able to use the Qantas lounge in ADL due to QF status, nothing out of the ordinary but you need to allow time to pass through immigration etc at the gate. Boarding started well ahead of time (on all legs) and was strictly by seating zone which worked well and lead to on time departures all 4 legs. I prefer an aisle seat and on 3 of the 4 legs the middle seat was unoccupied. Chose the small Y class section just behind business which was good. I found the seat and leg room good but then I am quite short. Note that aisle seats don't always have power plugs but the USBs worked well. ICE was impressive but the relentless ads got a bit annoying after a while even though you can fast forward them. Service was universally good and friendly, albeit with the inevitable slightly "plastic" airline feel to it. Hot towels, menus, small amenity kit. Food was more than adequate on all legs and always got my preference. Trays cleared away promptly, regular drinks runs and staff seemed to respond to individual calls. Liked the mood lighting overnight and slept well. Transit in DXB worked well, no long lines at security even a peak hours. One bus transfer but very efficient. Used the lounge in DXB - yes, its big but just move away from the central hub and there are lots of quiet spots to chill out. All in all I was happy with my flights and would certainly use EK again on these experiences.

Emirates Customer review :  28 March 2015 by Lonnie Rattner    (USA)

I flew business class from New York to Dubai. I was so looking forward to it since I heard that it was in a class by itself. What a disappointment. The crew were well scrubbed in their uniforms and led me to my seat. It consisted of a small cube like area with a nice sized video screen. I soon found out that the space was very constricting. My wife was next to me and a partition between us was lowered but not all the way. There was a 4 inch portion that still protruded that did not allow for comfortable placement of my arm. The lie flat seats were not truly lie flat. By the way this was an A380 and the seats were more 175 degrees. The head area seemed a little bit elevated. There was a cushion-mattress that was given to place over the reclined seat that did make it more comfortable but the confined space of the pod like area was uncomfortable. I could not really move my arms very well around my head. I had flown Air New Zealand a few months ago and their business class on a 777 was far superior. When I arrived on New York on the return, the flight was an hour late. Even though my baggage was checked thru to Jetblue, when I went through customs and tried to recheck the baggage I was told it was too late for it to be transferred to the Jetblue flight. It was 55 minutes to the flight and they needed an hour at least. The Emirates rep said she could not help me. I thought that she could have provided a porter to take the luggage over to Jetblue with me but I had to do that on my own. My next trip to Dubai I am going to try Etihad business and I hope that the experience is better.

Emirates Customer review :  28 March 2015 by Z Chaudry    (UK)

Flew EK406 - Dubai to Melbourne on A380. I fly on a regular basis with Emirates. However, the quality of service is exponentially going downhill. The food on this flight was terrible. Staff service was pretty poor and they weren't really interested.

Emirates Customer review :  27 March 2015 by E Simeone    (Belgium)

First Class

BRU-HKG via DXB return 1st class. Fab driver pick service in all legs from residence to airport to hotel and back and to residence. A big plus! Check in fast as it should be. Fast track and lounge a pity. EK uses SN lounge and it is outdated and crowed always. Whatever time of day. Used not only by Star alliance members but also other partners too, which makes it too warm, overcrowded and nowhere to seat. Boarding ok and then the usual fab experience of EK first class, although on B777 suites are smaller and not the luxury of showers. No amenity kit either. Connecting in Dubai is a mess. Non one around and the first class in concourse C is small and not that good. Again boarding to HKG very average and not prioritized as it should be. A380 excellent experience, not my first one with them but meals are very average. Excellent ICE. Return on HKG - Dubai leg not so good, staff were rude and unpleasant. Again connecting in course C is a mess. Last leg ok. Bag not first out and unfortunately zip was broken and lock missing. To have the bag repaired took me forever and wasted a whole day waiting for a pick up service who after an 8 hour wait never turned up. Very disappointed. Customer service is not good either. However staff in EK office in BRU helpful and hopefully all will be sorted out soon. Not yet done though. I only fly them 1st class and am a gold member but I will think twice when choosing EK again.

Emirates Customer review :  25 March 2015 by Clifton Pauline    (UK)

EK038, 4 Mar 15, BHX to DXB. One and a half hours delayed. No drink service offered for another one and a half hours. Dinner then served without drink, meal eaten before wine was served. On checking the menu I hate curry so informed the stewardess asking her to save me the alternative but she forgot so no main course for me. Very stressful flight due to worry about missing connection. Next year it's BA direct for us.

Emirates Customer review :  25 March 2015 by C Noble    (UK)

Outward from Heathrow 24/3/15, EK002 to Dubai. Dubai to Mauritius EK701. Homeward Mauritius to Dubai, EK704 on 11/3/15. Mauritius to Heathrow 12/3/15, EK001. Patchy service. If you did get a drink prior to take off it was immediately taken away. The seats were not clean. I actually found dry noodles on my seat on one leg of the journey. I had soup and scrambled egg served cold. You then have to sit and stare at your tray for 20 minutes or more after you have finished one course then wait again for the next. The staff are far too busy, not enough of them, no team work. Have flown Emirates Business Class before and was pleased but not on the huge A380. The only advantage was a fully flat bed but not too much of a bonus when the seats are not clean. Dubai Business Class lounge is like a transport cafe. Too big, too few comfy seats, too few ladies toilets. All in all not value for money. Awful.

Emirates Customer review :  25 March 2015 by R Evans    (UK)

LHR-DXB - Seats spacious and ICE entertainment system excellent with a wide selection to choose from and a very large screen. However, most disappointing was the crew onboard as they were very rude and made us passengers seem like an inconvenience. I was expecting a lot more from an airline like emirates in terms of customer service onboard. The food was also quite poor, even for economy class.

Emirates Customer review :  19 March 2015 by I Lancaster    (UK)

LHR to KUL via Dubai RT. Business class. Best business seat I've sat in on the A380 out of LHR. Service excellent - pity the meal I wanted wasn't available - and as I was not among the last to be served this was not a good sign of forward planning the catering supplies. The bar at the back upstairs is of course a great bonus!

Emirates Customer review :  18 March 2015 by John Humphey    (UK)

Airbus 380, LHR-DXB and return. Normally fly Qatar but Emirates were more convenient times so I gave them a go. Overall good but not as good as Qatar. Not impressed with the 380 Business cabin, they've tried to squeeze in too many seats. OK, I'm big but I've never had to ask for a seat extender before in business. Couldn't get the tray fully extended, difficult to sleep as too cramped. Cabin staff excellent but due to size of cabin (over 20 rows) we got our wine after we had finished our food. Food fine. So, much better than BA but some way to go to match Qatar. Airbus 340, DXB-COK and return. Older than 380 but more room, so more comfortable.

Emirates Customer review :  18 March 2015 by C Whitmore    (UK)

14/03/15 - Dubai to Newcastle upon Tyne. Business Class lounge very busy with unsmiling staff. Experience completely different once on board. Very helpful, friendly professional cabin crew. Nothing too much trouble. Great level of comfort and ICE entertainment superb. Well done Emirates!

Emirates Customer review :  18 March 2015 by S Fletcher    (UK)

I regularly fly Emirates from LGW-DXB-MNL and return. I have never had an issue until my last flight from Manila to the UK. Arriving at Manila for check in found that the flight was overbooked and Emirates were asking for volunteers to give up their seat. As a Silver member I was advised that I would be upgraded to business class for the MNL-DXB leg of the journey, and all seemed well. The service on this leg was great, meals were excellent and the business class cabin was roomy and comfortable. The only downside with this flight the entertainment system which wasn't working in Business class for most of the flight. The second leg from DXB to LGW was in economy class and this version of the 777 was very cramped, much more cramped than previous Emirates 777 flights. Service was good though when trolley service was completed they struck the arm rest with the trolley breaking the headset plug leaving the prongs embedded in the socket. This resulted in the rest of the flight with no sound for entertainment system. Arriving in London found that there were issues with my baggage.

Emirates Customer review :  17 March 2015 by D Jason    (UK)

Flew Kuwait - DXB and DXB - Doha. Food, drink and inflight entertainment is only what we can dream about on a short hop in Europe. However, the crew were absolutely miserable. All of them. The crew also made no effort to enforce safety. During taxi there were people wandering around the cabin without being challenged at all.

Emirates Customer review :  17 March 2015 by S Khubchandani    (UK)

EK010, LGW-DXB was on an A380. The plane seemed very new with nice entertainment system and it was updated with the latest IFE system with a 10 inch HD screen. Seats were comfortable with lots of space to straighten your legs, cabin crew were nice and friendly and food was delicious. The next flight from DXB-BOM was on an outdated B777-300, seats were quite old including the IFE system but the content was almost the same, cabin crew were not friendly, they seemed to be in rush all the time, food was ok. On return my flight from BOM-DXB was on a B777-300ER and that was another plane with much more better seats and IFE system compared to the one I had from DXB-BOM, although the service was nice and cabin crew were better with no rushing. On the A380 from DXB-LHR the plane was the same but the seats and screen of the IFE system were the same as the B777-3ER although the whole flight was nice, was a bit disappointed with the system as the one I got from LGW-DXB was new. Will fly again with them.

Emirates Customer review :  17 March 2015 by G Lee    (UK)

QF8423, 27/2/15. Perth-Dubai - business cabin. (Qantas partner). Beautiful lounge with excellent, friendly service. Plane clean and smart with seats/flat beds very comfortable. Nicely appointed, well decorated cabin, crew helpful, attentive and smiley. Food although not exceptional was more than acceptable and service was first class. No complaints whatsoever about the flight. The problems began at Dubai. Very busy so held before landing. Dumped at least a 20 min bus trip from terminal. No information of where connecting (Qantas) flight was departing from. No one in terminal to ask. Inserted boarding pass into state of art machine that was supposed to tell us where to go - it didn't. 15/20 min fast walk to train to change terminals. Rush to gate and just made it as gate was closing. 4 people at least didn't make it and had bags off-loaded. This was simply not good enough. Took the edge off the whole Emirates experience - such a shame. Would imagine this problem will go once airport finished! Would fly Emirates again but would, in the meantime, ensure at least 3 hour transfer time. Qantas booked this connection not us.

Emirates Customer review :  17 March 2015 by K Wright    (UK)

Boarded EK040, 20/2/15. From Birmingham on time, taxied to runway then had to return for an hour delay due to immigration, once taken off cabin service was good, the ICE entertainment system was not as good as it should be, once nearing Dubai we were told we were in a holding pattern due to sand storm, all connecting flights would be held, once landed after an hour circling, rapidly made our way to departure gate as notice boards stated final call. Got to the gate and plane had already gone. We made our way to transfer desk where nobody would offer an explanation as to why we couldn't land but connecting flight could take off, we were given a new flight EK 372, a delay of 6 hours, boarded on time, but then told we couldn't take off due to sandstorm, sat on plane for 3 hours before moving, yet planes all around us were taking off, finally landed in Bangkok 11 hours late, the only thing that helped me from going mad were the excellent cabin staff. Must also make a mention of excellent Chauffeur service. Emirates wants to be worlds best airline, not even best in Middle East. Will go back to Qatar for next flight.

Emirates Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Kevin Tunnicliffe    (UK)

MAN-SYD and return. Couple of slight delays on take up but the airline made up the time and managed to land close enough to schedule. A380 all the way, which is excellent because the business class cabin allows every seat to have direct aisle access so no stepping over your neighbour. Excellent storage and your own little mini bar in each seat. Bar at the back of the plane is great for taking a break on the 14 hour leg from Dubai to Sydney. Food good and IFE the best.

Emirates Customer review :  17 March 2015 by C Baxter    (Australia)

Dubai to Sydney, Economy Class. After reading other postings here for Emirates, just had to add my comments. I have travelled Emirates for many years, but I feel customer service from the crew is getting worse. Friendly FAs are rare these days. The others just do the minimum of what needs doing, without a smile. Almost knock you over if you are in their way. A couple of people took our seats and wouldn't move, but the FAs couldn't care less. The once fabulous selection on ICE is deteriorating too. Plenty to see, but a poor selection in English, unless you like violent movies. Whatever happened to the snack pack with a drink at the beginning of a flight? Not served on my flight. Some passengers rang for the FA, but they didn't come. Yes some might ring for minor things, but on the other hand, it could be an emergency. Annoying things on a long 14 hour trip, these small things make a difference to the passengers. Lift your game Emirates, or more people will be looking elsewhere. I firmly believe any airline is only as good as its crew. I am due another flight next week to Europe. Hope this is a better experience.

Emirates Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Jai Muthu    (USA)

From DFW, 12/26/2014. From MAA, 1/19/2015. I have been flying out from Dallas/Houston to couple of cities in India. Over the years Emirates have squeezed economy (or cattle class) as much as possible. Sometimes the behavior of the crew is surprising. Food is good however, the overall service is okay only. Given that Qatar and Etihad now flies out of Dallas, I will avoid Emirates in future.

Emirates Customer review :  9 March 2015 by D Bent    (UK)

EK 10 on Jan 4th, onto EK 770. Noticed that 25% of passengers received a drink before take off. Crew too busy to serve all of us. No drink service for the 2hr 27min. Each request met with "it will be along shortly". I realize that is why so many regular business travelers dashed to the bar before the seat belt signs were switched off. The meal was still cold, when I mentioned this I was told that "it had been dealt with in accordance with instructions and we are very busy". It is very obvious that Emirates do not carry enough crew on the A380 to serve everyone the same in the business section. Make sure that you are not at the back! The next leg of the journey on a smaller plane was far better. They just did not bring the luggage.

Emirates Customer review :  9 March 2015 by Saif Rahman    (UK)

I travelled from London to Dubai, EK006 by A380 aircraft on 30th July 2014 and Dubai to Dhaka, EK584 by Boeing 777-300ER on 31st July 2014. EK006 was excellent, the food was great, the entertainment system and the service was fantastic! EK584 I sat on 40A, in the back cabin of the aircraft, there were empty seats but only the window seats are full. This means that I had the whole row to myself to rest my legs and sleep properly while lying down! EK584 was the best flight of my Emirates trip!

Emirates Customer review :  9 March 2015 by Syed Mukhtar    (Malaysia)

Flew from KUL-DXB-LHR and return. All flights were excellent. Flight was almost full on A380 to and from London but rather empty on A380 to KUL. Flights depart and arrive on time, great IFE, good food and attentive staff.

Emirates Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Jim Leatherland    (Thailand)

EK 385, I have flown BKK to Jeddah twice in the last month and on both occasions misted my connection in Dubai. There should be a 2 hour connection time plenty of time for the connection. On both occasions the Captain said that due to a heavy load of aircraft at this time in the morning we would have to hold. Will give Qatar a go next month as Emirates can not get their act together.

Emirates Customer review :  4 March 2015 by John O'Neill    (UK)

First and last flight on this dreadful airline, Formulaic service by disinterested staff, my wife and I took bets on when the next towel would be delivered by the personality less robots who serviced the business cabin. On the Bangkok to Dubai leg in both directions I wasn't even seated next to my wife. Best thing about this airline is the complementary car service.

Emirates Customer review :  4 March 2015 by S Millard    (UK)

Flew as a package Heathrow to Dubai, Dubai to Colombo, Colombo to Male, Male to Dubai, Dubai to Heathrow. On all of our paperwork we had numbered seats together. We actually sat in these seats on the first flight and never sat together again. After 3 days in Dubai we arrived at the airport after midnight to find that there were no seats on the plane, so ours had been sold to someone else. We waited to see if there would be seats as we had a connection waiting for us in Colombo. Desk was hopelessly undermanned and after a long wait, no seats available anywhere on the plane. After 20 minutes or so it was clear there wasn't a hotel to go to either so spent an uncomfortable night in a cold Dubai airport with a voucher for probably the cheapest meal in the cafe. Got on the next plane in the morning which was delayed by an hour. We did get a voucher to travel from Dubai to Colombo! How this airline has built a reputation for being one of top carriers is beyond us. The only thing that was better than the cheapest airlines was the entertainment system but no way can this make up for the rest of our experience. We did write to express how we thought that our experience should be giving real cause for concern to customer relations. Never got a reply.

Emirates Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Rawlings Scott    (Australia)

Flew SIN-BNE in J class on the 77W. This is my second and last flight with EK in business class and I had hoping for a better experience with them the second time around. This did not happen. The crew looked bored and as though they did not want to be there. They missed our welcome drink and I had to ask for ours as they collected everyone else's empty glasses. Then during the service the crew kept forgetting which rows they had served. A drink and nuts after take off were offered and then it was almost two hours before we were offered our first course. The fun started trying to get a glass of wine. They do not serve wine automatically with the meal like other airlines and instead walk around with a type of wine rack with a few glasses on it. Good luck getting their attention to get a glass. They walked past us three times while we sat looking at them expecting a glass of wine with our entree. I was served red but my partner was ignored. I rang my call bell and they arrived to see what could be wrong with me. A few minutes later the same FA walked past offering bread and no wine. At this point I lost my temper and could not believe what was happening. My partner had finished the entree and not had a drink for over two hours ago by now. Eventually the white wine came and the rest of the service was ordinary. They had no idea which wines they were serving or where they came from. It was just red or white and you pointed at which one you wanted. The food was very average quite boring. To me this airline just lacks soul. The IFE was good and the ground staff at SIN airport and the lounge were delightful. Just such a disappointing onboard experience.

Emirates Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Martin Hiu    (Saudi Arabia)

EK 215-216, DXB-LAX-DXB. Outbound on Jan 31 and inbound on Feb 19. Inflight service is still hit and miss. Some staff in this route are either too tired or simply not that friendly as opposed to Emirates staff on short haul flights are extremely friendly. Good points: the Emirates lounge in LAX has just opened and I had the opportunity to try it. The lounge is the highlight of the flight. Food there is really gourmet quality. Just to prove the point, Emirates does not change the menu on this flight. Seriously this is really getting tiring for frequent travelers on the route. Will try Etihad or Turkish on my next trip to LAX.

Emirates Customer review :  4 March 2015 by S Brooking    (Malaysia)

My advice would be to avoid Emirates until Dubai Airport improvements have finished: too many planes have to park out on the apron, meaning 30 minutes extra until into the terminal, delayed baggage, and rushed connections. Customer Service standards also seem to be slipping. On arrival at the airport I was informed my flight was delayed 3 hours but wasn't told that an earlier flight was also delayed and I could have caught that one and still made an onward connection. The previous couple of flights also had delayed arrivals (up to 2 hours) and therefore incredibly rushed connections (with onward flight delayed to wait for connecting passengers). Hope they return to previous high standards soon.

Emirates Customer review :  4 March 2015 by D Hill    (UK)

February from LHR to DXB, A380 aircraft, economy class. My experience was very mixed. The plane itself was great, the cabin was roomy, the food was good and the in-flight entertainment selections were excellent. The experience was however completely ruined by the crew. I found them, without exception, to be rude, surly, irritable and they simply did not listen or make eye contact. It was clear they did not want to be there. Clearly aiming to work only in business and first class and had absolutely no respect whatsoever for economy class passengers. They need to learn manners, to understand the importance of respect and that while they may fly around the world all the time, some people might save a life time for a trip. Does my experience really make a difference in the grand scheme of things? Probably not but they really took the special shine off my reason to travel and two in particular were spectacularly rude. A discredit to a wonderful brand and airline. A smile and a warm welcome go a long way,there was none of this on my flight! I will not choose to fly with Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Langsford Michael    (UK)

My wife and myself flew from Glasgow to Sydney return January and February 2015 on economy. The worst flying experience. Five Emirates flights and all of them delayed! On two of the flights home they failed to serve two meals they even had the gall to state "due to inclement weather economy meals will not be served" OK if you were business or first, but economy, forget it! On the last flight back from Bangkok to Dubai, the flight was late arriving, we were met by Emirates staff who said our flight was being held for seven of us. We were rushed through Dubai airport (very large airport and some of us had ailments) no transport arranged. When we reached the departure gate the staff there told us "its too late for you to get on, we did tell arrivals this!" We were then directed from desk to desk to make arrangements for another flight, five desks in all we were sent too in all corners of Dubai airport. We managed to book flights later in the day and they offered us their hotel to shower etc. This meant another group around Dubai airport to get back through customs and to find the bus. We asked if we could just use the airport lounge due to the people suffering from all the walking and we were told "you cannot use the lounge that is for business and first class only". By the time we reached the hotel we just had time to shower, eat a late breakfast and back to the airport to go through customs and immigration again. Emirates could not have made us feel any worse with there attitude and behaviour. Our advise to you if you are travelling economy is to go for another airline, we have traveled on China Eastern and found the service much better than Emirates provide.

Emirates Customer review :  24 February 2015 by M Satish    (India)

Flew Chennai - Dubai and back. Both flights took off and landed on time, clean interiors and great in-flight crew. A wide selection of movies and other programs on the in-flight entertainment system. The quality of food served was also good and no one was refused an extra drink. Overall a very good experience.

Emirates Customer review :  24 February 2015 by M Ness    (Australia)

Flying Perth to Manchester for a funeral, both out and return flights delayed, therefore missed connecting flights on each trip (facing an extra 10 hours on the return leg). On arrival at Dubai no one met the passengers to offer directions to desks etc, and on asking to use the lounge to send an email, was met with a 'no' - not every one has a fancy phone with internet service! Hotel voucher, led to a hotel room for a 'sleep' of approx 3hrs, not worth the effort. For the cost of the ticket, was not impressed with the lack of ground service or apologies for such a long delay one would think they would be more organised as this must happen regularly.

Emirates Customer review :  24 February 2015 by W Giesberts    (Netherlands)

Flight EK148, AMS-DXB on 7/2/2015 in business class. Boarding in AMS was a joke. The economy class pax blocked the way to the gate exit to the aircraft. The ground staff did nothing here when boarding for the first and business class passengers began. Chaos was the word that came to my mind. About 20 minutes delay on departure. Food was of poor quality. The inflight service no better than any other 4-star airline. The seats are acceptable and provide ample space. We were transported by bus to the terminal upon arrival in Dubai. This took about 20 minutes. Another 20 minutes walk to the to the train for transport to the next terminal and another 15 minutes to get to the lounge. What happened to their so-called famous A380 terminal where all A380 aircraft can be handeld. Lounge was OK. Flight EK384, DXB-BKK on 8/2/2015 in business class. No exciting flight. What you can expected for the price you paid for business class. Food was mediocre. FA were friendly and gave good service. Flight EK385, BKK-DXB on 19/2/2015. Again an uneventful flight with food less than mediocre. FA's acceptable. Flight EK147, DXB-AMS. The best of the four legs. FA omnipresent and very friendly. Food was good. The waiting times when changing flights in Dubai made traveling quite tiring. I think it will remain at this one experience with Emirates when travelling to South East Asia.

Emirates Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Taylor David    (UK)

A380 London Heathrow to Dubai, 777-300, Dubai to Dhaka. A380 leg was comfortable, food OK, crew efficient. 777-300, Dubai to Dhaka - plane full, cabin crew unenthusiastic - had to wait over 90 mins for food and a drink, a drink should at least be served earlier if the wait for service is so long. Return leg Dhaka to Dubai, 777-300ER, plane again full. Cabin crew better and more organised, but food was extremely disappointing-so called breakfast was a sloppy curry, alternative was fish. Seats on 777 are cramped and narrow. Dubai to London Heathrow A380-nice new plane, seats more comfortable and cabin crew pleasant, organised and efficient. Cabin crews seem very variable, too many need to learn to smile.

Emirates Customer review :  24 February 2015 by D Vincensiu    (Australia)

Flew EK 408: KUL to MEL on B777. Service was excellent! Welcomed with hot towel. Food was great. Staff was efficient. Flight entertainment was absolutely excellent. IFE screen was wide and large. The ICE widescreen was just great. Passengers was given access to front and bottom camera, allowing those who sit on aisle sit to see what happens outside the plane. Powerpoint and USB port was available, and I could charge my mobile phone! Plenty of films/TV show in multiple languages. Cabin was clean, and the mood based lightning was synched to the skylight outside the plane. Staff were efficient and helpful.

Emirates Customer review :  18 February 2015 by T Harvey    (UK)

Travelled to Saigon via Dubai from LHR at the end of Dec and returned on 6th Feb. Three matters are worthy of mention. Food was mixed. Inedible on one leg to outstanding on another. FA's on one of the legs very sloppy, with a nearby passenger fully reclined on take off and looking down the aisle counted three without seat belts on. Despite virtually no turbulence, seat belt sign displayed on for long periods. Finally, the FA's can best be described as 'curtly polite and efficient' - I echo the comment on 6/2/15 (Nagy) 'Their body language and facial expressions were often as if they'd rather be somewhere else'. Overall OK but do not deserve the praise often attributed to them and given options I would not travel with them again.

Emirates Customer review :  18 February 2015 by R Cowley    (Australia)

QF 8043 from Dubai to Frankfurt on 5 Feb 2015. Have just flown Dubai - Frankfurt, economy. Staff were less than enthusiastic, food very unappetising, plane rattled in an un-nerving way. Hoping the return flights to Sydney will be better!

Emirates Customer review :  18 February 2015 by L Stewart    (UK)

BHX-CMB via Dubai. First and last flights with Emirates. I thought they had a reputation for excellent service but unfortunately in my experience this was not the case. A delayed departure and fog at Dubai meant a late arrival. The biz cabin was not very clean, with a stained seat and debris in the drinks holders. The staff appeared disinterested and we were not offered a welcome drink. Thankfully the lie (almost) flat seat was comfortable and the cabin cool so got a decent sleep. The window blind wouldn't shut so woken by dawn over the desert not long before arrival although we were then stacked because of the fog. Huge comms failures at Dubai trying to get a rearranged flight to Colombo. The biz lounge staff couldn't help us, so we joined a slow line at the help desk to be told to run to the gate as the new flight was boarding. When we got there, the boarding flight was to China! We returned to the desk and also mentioned we had now economy tickets but had been booked in biz. They were unable to help, although interestingly the 6 other members of our party had received new boarding passes issued in the biz lounge! Advised that we would get a downgrade voucher (not refund) at gate but the clerk could not do this and advised we would receive it in Colombo. I said this was not acceptable as we did not want to fly Emirates again. They could also not guarantee our re-entry into the biz lounge as the passes said economy! We just walked in anyway! The flight to Colombo was routed via Male, lovely apart from the stop and 1.5hrs on the Tarmac meant I missed my pre-conference meeting. At least they left the IFE playing! My colleagues advised the biz cabin had lots of space from Male to Colombo but we were not offered to move. On arrival in Colombo there was no record of the downgrade voucher. On discussing this with the ground staff they said it would be available when I checked in for my return flight. Why do I not believe him? Why would I want a voucher when I will not fly with them again for this terrible service? Ironically my original connection was late leaving and as I only had hand baggage and can run, I could easily have made it for that departure. Terrible start to my conference and will not allow me to relax during my week's holiday after when I know I've got to repeat the trip in reverse!

Emirates Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Patrick Gold    (UK)

LGW-DXB-BKK and return Jan/feb 2015. Qantas customer on codeshare, very good value at <300 return. As reported by others patchy customer service. 2 flights excellent, 1 OK and one seemed to be run for the benefit of the crew, who all seemed very young and poorly trained. DXB is becoming a menace as it gets progressively busier. Any slightly adverse weather and it goes off-line. We were stacked 100 miles out over the Gulf for over an hour because of a thunderstorm resulting in our bagged failing to make the onward connection. Smoother on return but baggage once again failed to make the connection. As I write 3 days later its still not been delivered to me.

Emirates Customer review :  18 February 2015 by D Hector    (Sweden)

HAM-DXB-NBO and return. HAM-DXB on the B777, very modern aircraft, good seats. DXB-NBO on the A330, return B777, slightly older but good compared to several other airlines. Seats are good on all aircraft's, plenty of legroom. Inflight entertainment probably one of the best in the world, there is a big variety of Music, Movies, tv series, games etc on a big touchscreen. Food is good (both quality and quantity), and I really like Dubai airport, even though it is rather large. All flights on time. Really nothing to complain about, great value for money!

Emirates Customer review :  18 February 2015 by M Green    (UK)

Flew Manchester-Dubai-Singapore and returned three weeks later. Going out OK but remember much longer journey than with other airlines, you also have to change planes. Service in past has made this acceptable, not any more will I be doing it. Earphones were not working so entertainment not good going out on one half of outward journey. Return journey was a nightmare. Plane full and a seat in front that came so far back, I had trouble opening my tray. The guy in front watched movies all the way but was not concerned that I had no room. Monitor did not work for three hours, so they reset it three times before it worked. Seatbelt was falling apart. Toilet had no water in sink after putting soap on hands. Water dispenser also was not working. Second meal before landing not served. I was already unhappy from first leg. Second flight was from the other side of the airport, a good thirty minutes dash, never had such a distance on such a tiring journey. Dubai to Manchester now another eight hours if you are lucky. Problems with a forty ton machine being loaded in cargo hold, falls off pallets and jams luggage hold. We sit in our seats for two hours waiting to take off. We eventually do set off. Leave aircraft and immediately complain on website. No answer as yet. I have travelled with Emirates over the years many times, I will not be doing so again, service is no longer there.

Emirates Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Kitt Manis    (USA)

The ground and ticket staff in New York (JFK) were polite, professional and accommodating. I had taken an early morning flight (11 am) during the middle of the week (Tuesday). The 1st class was empty and pretty much had the upper deck to business class passengers. The flight entertainment ICE was fine however I need help from the stewardess/hostess to show who the things work. The food and wine selection were fantastic since there were about 30 staff handling 15 passengers in the 1st and business class area. Note: there were less passengers than the attendants. The flight was pleasant and the arrival at Dubai was on time 12 hours later. The DXB airport is huge for Airbus A380 fleets and the arrivals were just picking up. The business traveler lounge area was undergoing renovation and the noises were loud and jarring. When requested a different area (there was a separate area for 1st class passengers) was refused politely. Upon completion of the business activities, the return back to New York JFK was on booked on Saturday late evening from Dubai DXB. During the return journey which was on a weekend, the business class lounge area was overrun with passengers from connecting flights. Our flight was delayed due to connecting passengers from other Emirates flights who in turn were delayed. There were many people standing to take seats vacated by other passengers. Reminded me of New York subway and Long Island Rail trains! The New York JFK bound Sunday flight was fully booked and packed to the brim across all the three classes, 1st, business and economy. The problem was compounded by delayed flight arrivals/departures which overwhelmed the all classes of passengers. The airline staff who could not help the over crowding, could not explain the flight departures arrival delays to irate passengers. With 90 minutes (1.5 hours) delayed departure, most passengers hunkered down into their seats and slept for 10 hours of the 14 hour flight from Dubai to JFK New York. Most passengers were at end of the limits that they skipped the dinner. If you slept, you didn't get fed. Most if not all settled for a hearty American breakfast in the morning. Airplane staff were polite and smiling and handled the high passengers volumes exceptionally well. Conclusion; I would recommend to my fellow business travelers to fly Emirates. If you would like to avoid the fully crowded flights, the recommended flights are during the middle of the week when the passenger volumes are low.

Emirates Customer review :  18 February 2015 by D Montague    (UK)

Flew from Birmingham UK to Dubai on 27th January and did not enjoy the experience. Cabin crew were terrible. Half the plane received a hot towel before takeoff and then the crew could not be bothered with the rest of us and abandoned it. Dinner service was dreadful. The rows behind us received their food about an hour before we did but then they had to sit with their food trays for about another 2 hours before being cleared away. It was 3 hours in before we received our first drink. Finally the menu said we would get a hot drink and sweet treat before landing - nothing given. The crew were so slow it was unbelievable. Flew back from Singapore yesterday via Dubai and could not believe this was the same airline. Yes we all got given hot towels and again before landing. Very prompt with food and drinks and was a pleasure to fly with them this time.

Emirates Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Susan Woodyatt    (UK)

My husband and have just returned from our holiday to Sri-Lanka and Dubai. We used Emirates on all four flights. We were very happy with Emirates, except for our return flight home from Dubai. The service was not what we had previously experienced with the airline. We were some while into our flight when our first meal arrived, clearly there was some delay with this meal, as our next meal arrived within approximately an hour. It all seemed a little chaotic. We appreciate that the cabin crew worked hard and were very busy throughout the flight, however during the other three flights in a two week period the service was excellent. We have flown with Emirates before and have received very good service so we're disappointed.

Emirates Customer review :  18 February 2015 by P Schweizer    (Australia)

Business class on EK 418, BKK-SYD. The flight itself on a 777 was good and my wife and I managed to get a decent rest on the angled seats. Had a very enthusiastic crew serving us with a smile. Dinner was well presented. We missed breakfast as we were asleep. Departure and arrival on time. Aircraft equipped with older ICE but not a problem on this medium haul night flight. Main negatives at check-in and upon arrival. I was very surprised that our reserved seats (9 K and J) were no longer assigned to us even though booked more than 6 months in advance. I am platinum with QF (code share on this flight) so got a bit upset as the check-in staff at the first class check- in in BKK tried to put us in to the middle row of three with one aisle and one middle seat. After rejecting this seat change, lady suddenly "found" seats 10 K and J for us. Could not work out why our initially reserved seats were no longer available (managed to look at the boarding passes of both passengers sitting in 9 K & J and they had no status with EK or QF). Second negative aspect of the trip during luggage collection at SYD. Even though our 2 suitcases were both properly labeled with "First" labels and we checked-in at BKK 2.5 hours prior to departure, our suitcases appeared as one of the last items on the belt in Sydney. As I said to my wife, first economy passengers of our flight were already checking in to their hotels in Sydney while we were still waiting for our baggage. An overall great flight but check-in at BKK and luggage return in SYD needs to be improved. Also not impressed with the EK Lounge in BKK. Looks new and cozy with good food and drink on offer but the chairs are very uncomfortable.

Emirates Customer review :  11 February 2015 by S Kumar    (UK)

I flew SIN-DXB-BHX after spending New Year in Singapore. I cannot believe that the standards have gone down so badly. I have been flying EK since 2006. Transit in Dubai - Dubai airport can be a huge one and boast of passenger numbers but the reality is that it is finding hard to cater to the growth. Terminal 3 is supposed to be exclusive for EK but why no aerobridges provided. My flight departed SIN at 01.20, landed at around 05.00 in DXB. EK parked their B777-300ER somewhere at the far end of the airport and we were made to climb down the staircase at that time. We were packed in a bus and sent to the terminal which took some 15 to 20 min. I entered the terminal at around 5.45am and walked down for security check. Finally at around 6.30am, I reached my gate B30. After the boarding pass check, guess what, we are asked to board a bus again for a 15 min ride to the far end of the airport where they have parked their B777-300ER again. There was no proper organised zonal boarding as everyone just boarded the flight through the rear door and had to queue a lot before taking the seats inside the flight. Inflight Service - The inflight service was awful. The standards have down in this area since 2010. Their food portions have gone down, I always felt hungry after the meal! Cabin crew don't want to move from their seats at all! If you want something, it is always better to go to the galley rather than wait for anyone.

Emirates Customer review :  11 February 2015 by Ken Wilkins    (UK)

Flew LHR to COL via DXB in Economy two legs on A380's which were excellent, seats comfortable, window seats had more room at side owing to the shape of the aircraft. Flight entertainment system excellent but wifi connection was very limited. Flights on A300 to and from COL to DXB also very comfortable, cabin crew generally friendly and efficient. Emirates really need to think about enforcing their hand baggage policy, we saw people being allowed to take oversized bags on and also more than the one bag permitted (one person boarding from DXB to COL had four bags! This means that people getting on the plane further down the queue have nowhere to put their hand baggage.

Emirates Customer review :  11 February 2015 by P Mercer    (UK)

LHR-DXB-BKK-DXB-LHR. Four flights in a A380s in a week. Service was slick and professional but there were signs of cost-cutting. Some of the meals were excellent and other mediocre. Boarding the flights was a relatively anarchic process. There were two specific problems that were drawn to my attention by the cabin crew. The first is that many of the business passengers had apparently been upgraded from economy because Emirates had overbooked the flight. This meant that the cabin crew upstairs were working extremely hard and were perhaps not quite as happy as they normally are. The second was the build quality of the A380. For instance, two of the four bathroom doors at the rear of business were faulty on a relatively new aircraft (A6-EEN) and according to the cabin crew there were quite a few other similar issues. This is, of course, not necessarily the fault of Emirates but quite a lot of passengers seem irritated when the light failed to come on it one of the bathrooms and the door failed to shut in another. It never ceases to amaze me that having been building bathrooms in aircraft for many decades manufacturers still haven't managed to work out how to design cup dispensers that allow you to take one cup at a time or tissue dispensers the release a single tissue rather than a handful. That said, the cabin crew were assiduous on all of the flights in keeping the bathrooms clean. The flatbed seat was extremely comfortable, especially with a mattress, although sitting towards the rear of the aircraft meant that there was a constant matter of closing doors from the galley. The OnAir Internet works fine for the LHR-DXB leg and enables you to download your emails (assuming no large attachments) for free because it starts charging at 10MB and even then is not overpriced. However, on the return leg it did not appear to work at all. GSM also worked at the cabin crew reminded passengers to keep their phones on silent to avoid disturbing people.

Emirates Customer review :  11 February 2015 by Sam Low    (UK)

I recently flew on the A380 with Emirates on 3 flights between London and Bangkok via Dubai, the 4th being a codeshare with Qantas. I had much higher hopes of Emirates than Qantas based on reputation alone. We booked row 52, extra leg room but as per seat guru, near to the galley which may prove 'bothersome'. On our first flight with Qantas this was not the case at all and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the service. However, bothersome was a massive understatement for the Emirates flights, though the only reason for this was the poor quality of the crew. My partner accurately described them as 'a bunch of arrogant teenagers on a school trip'. They were rude to passengers, they spent large amounts of the flight stuffing their faces with the food they hadn't finished serving to passengers and having loud conversations about their drunken escapades from the previous night. They didn't concentrate enough to realise they were spilling drinks on people and didn't worry about anyone hearing their squabbles about who was to blame for a complaint when an aisle was missed for food. On one particular occasion, 30 mins before landing, the announcement to prepare for landing was made and before it had even been spoken in English one of the crew shoved my TV and said ' put that down'. When I responded saying he needn't be so rude I was not met with an apology, I was met with 'It wasn't rude'. All in all, a terrible experience and I will be going out my way, regardless of any additional cost, to not fly with Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  11 February 2015 by R Solenn    (Oman)

I flew from Muscat to Geneva via Dubai with my 3 children. We were overall very disappointed with the quality of the service and the staff attitude onboard. Air hostesses were rude, staff made us wait for our hot meals as we refused a menu we had not requested, on the way back special meals were not edible! T3 in Dubai is unpleasant and not set up to host so many people and planes (30 min bus journey from the plane to the terminal).

Emirates Customer review :  11 February 2015 by Haider Hazrat    (USA)

BOM-DXB-DFW. Boeing777-300 and Airbus A380 aircraft respectively. Emirates disappointed this time, my DFW-DXB-BOM service was better with respect to food especially. Seats were fine and comfortable on A380. Dubai Mumbai services are served with old aircraft's so nothing special about the small flight. DXB-DFW flight starts at 2.45 am and the timings of the meals are not proper in my opinion. They serve breakfast within an hour of takeoff (Who wants breakfast at 3.45 am). They should just serve a light snack at that time and then serve breakfast 4-5 hours after takeoff and then lunch after 4-5 hours of the breakfast. I didn't like the timings of the meal. They also ran out of lunch options and I had to take what was available. Overall, was disappointed with Emirates' service.

Emirates Customer review :  11 February 2015 by S Avant    (Australia)

EK412 and return on EK413, Sydney - Auckland return. A380 in business. As usual lounges both ends were luxurious, spacious and comfortable. There is no doubt that the window seats on the upper deck are absolutely fantastic. Big screen TV, private and comfortable. Outbound to Auckland the service was very slow and I only ate breakfast 20 minutes before descent. On the return flight no such problems. The bar is a nice touch and usable unlike similar products on 777's. The quietness of the 380 is unbelievable especially for travellers like me that cut there teeth on DC8's and 707's.

Emirates Customer review :  11 February 2015 by Clive Carter    (Hong Kong)

We were in business class on flight EK386 from Dubai to Hong Kong. Whilst the crew were all fantastic and food and drink all good the rest of it was not up to standard at all. This is a very old aircraft with the very old seating and fit out. The business class seats are appalling. The headrest is very proud from the seat back forcing your head forward at an angle so very uncomfortable. The TV screen was very small and on the seatback in front. When the seat in front is reclined your TV screen goes down with it so you end up looking at the floor area just to see the TV and there is a very limited number of films available to watch as well. Worst seat I have ever sat in. My wife's footrest fell into 3 pieces during the flight so not sure what maintenance is done. There is no way that Emirates should be charging full price for this very poor standard.

Emirates Customer review :  11 February 2015 by A Huggett    (Australia)

BKK-SYD on a 777-300ER. Emirates will always score points when I travel on their A380s and 77Ws. The IFE is brilliant and the food and beverage service is excellent for an economy class product. This flight was let down a little by the crew. They clearly did not get on well with one another and, for some, this carried over to their dealings with passengers. The PA announcements also seemed overdone with little thought to the timing of some, especially when being delivered in three languages. I found the boarding process interesting. Row numbers were called in increments of 5, logically starting from the back. There appeared to be an insistence that the entire gate area was scoured for every last passenger within the designated rows before the next 5 rows were called. I have never seen a 777 boarded so slowly, resulting in a 20 minute delay. It looked like the "rules" were getting in the way of reasonableness and that overly technical atmosphere summed up the flight. This flight was QF- ticketed and my outbound journey was with QF. I rated them the same overall, but for different reasons. Emirates has the hard product in its grasp, but I preferred the QF flight for its reassuring professionalism.

Emirates Customer review :  11 February 2015 by T Price    (Thailand)

LUD-DXB-BKK. Continued great service from emirates. Luanda to Dubai in economy. Good food, lots of movies and plenty of drink runs. Dubai lounge great to relax if you have a long stop over. Dubai to Bangkok upgraded to business. Very good service, food and comfort. The express immigration card at Bangkok also very handy. Cant fault Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  6 February 2015 by H Jung    (Romania)

BUD-DXB and DXB-BKK in January 2015. The first leg had good service, light meal with tasty food. Entertainment with small touch screen, several movies and medium selection of music. On the second leg I flew with the new A380-800, a very nice and spacious plane, more legroom, large touchscreen, a huge number of movies, music, games. Disappointed by only one meal, also not very tasty (chicken changee). Back from BKK to BUD with the same type of airplanes, this time two meals from BKK to DXB. All flights in time, polite staff and good service.

Emirates Customer review :  6 February 2015 by Julie Carter    (UK)

QF8422, 30th January. Aircraft was changed from A380 to Triple 7, booked seating was changed. Pre-ordered meals were given to the wrong people. Dinner was served cold, after dinner the crew were difficult to get hold off. We asked for a bottle of water and were refused, had to wait ages for a 1/2 cup of water. Would it not been easier to give passengers a bottle of water rather than passengers buzzing continuously for a drink. Qantas from the UK to Dubai was the opposite. Crew were courteous, and we were given a bottle of water-how difficult was that.

Emirates Customer review :  6 February 2015 by G Nagy    (Switzerland)

In December I flew from Zurich to Dubai. I was excited to fly the A380. However my excitement quickly turned into disappointment after experiencing the absolute crankiness of the cabin crew. Although never really rude the flight stewardesses were all very short and only busy with themselves. Their body language and facial expressions were often as if they'd rather be somewhere else and as if were a constant nuisance. The A380 (AMS-DUB) itself is a very nice plane, spacious and modern. The onboard entertainment was pretty good and the extra touch were the cameras outside the plane so you could watch the outside surroundings from your screen in front of you. The return trip with a 777 was also disappointing. Emirates could not seat us together on the 6 hrs flight despite that we booked under the same booking reference number. Will never fly with them again unless I have no other option.

Emirates Customer review :  6 February 2015 by D Taylor    (UK)

Outbound LHR-Dubai-Lagos. Strange routing through my booking agent to save money meant 15 hours in the air. LHR- Dubai in A380-aisle seat at back of cabin. Enough leg room, food OK, crew OK. Dubai-Lagos, 777-300 ER, cramped seats very hard, very uncomfortable, full plane. Airlines seem to have thrown out 2-4-2 seating in favour of skinny light weight seats-narrow aisles and lack of comfort. Food and crew OK. Return leg Lagos-Dubai, 777-300-older plane still with cramped 3-4-3 seats. Aisle seat at back of plane gives a bit more leg room. Dubai- LHR return leg Airbus A380, seat 81 A-more leg room but armrest does not lift so you have little sideways room. Food - lamb was awful, crew were good. All flights on time. No breakfast served on Lagos-Dubai leg due to turbulence-never heard that one before.

Emirates Customer review :  6 February 2015 by M Boehm    (Australia)

BKK-SYD on a Qantas codeshare flying Emirates 22/1/2015, arriving SYD 23/1/2015. The service was great. The food delicious. Ample reading material and the ICE entertainment provided more than enough distraction but the seat was too narrow and uncomfortable, and the overall ambience felt cramped.

Emirates Customer review :  6 February 2015 by Hill Allen    (Thailand)

We flew BKK-DXB-LGW-DXB-BKK, on the flights to/from BKK it was on a 380, to/from LGW a 777. The 380 seating is very comfortable with full recline, the 777 is not full recline so not as comfortable. Also on the 777 we were in the front row so had the TV screen on the aisle seat in a standalone stand which reduces the access to the window seat. All flights were on time for arrival even when departure was delayed for up to 25 mins, which with relatively short transit times at DXB (<2hours) was a relief. Service on all flights was very good, as a frequent flier we were greeted and the layout of the plane, ICE controls etc explained, this a good personal touch. The food and drinks were good, the flight attendants very quick to provide refills. My wife felt unwell on the return leg DXB-BKK and the flight attendant did all she could to help, excellent service. It's over 2 years since I last flew Emirates when the standard was falling, we used other airlines but because of the lower cost and the ability to fly to LGW we chose Emirates and were pleasantly surprised, we will use them again for our next trip.

Emirates Customer review :  28 January 2015 by Remco Poortvliet    (The Netherlands)

Last October I flew from Amsterdam to Jakarta, through Dubai. I was excited to fly the A380. However my excitement quickly turned into disappointment after experiencing the absolute crankiness of the cabin crew. Although never really rude the flight stewardesses were pretty much all very short almost 'bitchy' and only busy with themselves. Their body language and facial expressions were often as if they'd rather be somewhere else and as if were a constant nuisance. The A380 (AMS-DUB) itself is a very nice plane, spacious and modern. The onboard entertainment was pretty good and the extra touch were the cameras outside the plane so you could watch the outside surroundings from your screen in front of you. Between Dubai and Jakarta they use a Boeing 777. Another disappointment! The plane on the inside was old, seats smelled and looked like they definitely could use new fabrics. The entertainment screen was small and old (my 3 year old tablet has a better screen than that onboard the 777 of Emirates), supposedly touch screen it worked horribly even with the remote control device. Different plane and different crew but not a different mentality of the crew. From Jakarta to Dubai we flew again with the 777. Same complaints as on the way to Jakarta and on top of that when we arrived 5am in Dubai we had to get out of the plane far from the terminal building. We had to use stairs to get out and clearly the stairs weren't designed to handle such a large plane since there was quite the difference in height between the stairs and the exit door of the plane. When I asked the crew why we didn't taxi to the terminal the reply was "there is no available gate". This is the home base of Emirates and there is no place for its own planes? From the runway we had to take a shuttle bus to the terminal which took about 20 to 30 minutes. From there it was very confusing where to go once inside the terminal building. For my girlfriend and I this was the first and last time we used Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  28 January 2015 by JH Crossley    (UK)

A little holiday in the sky! Flew via Dubai to Cochin and back again on 26th Jan to Manchester, EK531 This was really the best couple of flights we have had. Wonderful staff, drinks and food.

Emirates Customer review :  26 January 2015 by A Thenayan    (Saudi Arabia)

RUH-DXB-MRU and back. Aug 15 RUH-DXB left Riyadh on time at 9.25 pm on a 777-300 ER. Service was excellent and the staff were kind! There were a few food choices (it was a short 1.5 hr flight) and I think it was Chicken Biriani or Fish. I had the Biriani and it was excellent (but spicy!). The IFE was very good and kept me entertained. We arrived to Dubai and they gave us fast track cards but we didn't need that since we were transiting in DXB for about 3 hrs. DXB was very busy and noisy. Arrived to the lounge and it was packed with barely anywhere to sit! Finally found a place near the buffet but it was pretty noisy. Our flight to MRU left at 3.10am (on the 16th and again on time so EK are pretty good at being on schedule) on an A380. It was a pretty nice plane but I had a few problems with the cabin and seat. The mini bar on the left (or right depends on where you're sitting) of the seat is pretty bulky and makes the seat more narrow and quite uncomfortable to sleep as it's quite tight (but it was a flat bed so I'll give it points for that). Another problem was that the cabin for Business was huge! It barely felt like Business from the amount of seats in the cabin! I sat in the smaller cabin on the back so I didn't have the problem that much and it didn't affect the service of the staff but it makes Business less premium. Once again the IFE and food service were excellent. For the lounge in the back of the deck I really enjoyed that! On the return flight I left MRU in the evening so I didn't have to sleep on that flight (and it was pretty much the same thing but the cabin was much busier). I didn't go to the lounge in the DXB layover since it was from 12.00 am to about 7:00 am and I took a room in the airport hotel. The DXB-RUH flight was normal but the IFE was more outdated. I would say it was pretty good but there were a few flaws with the A380.

Emirates Customer review :  26 January 2015 by M Gittens    (UK)

We flew A380 to Dubai then 777 to Bangkok. Both flights on time. Loved the A380 it was so spacious we sat in row 88 at the back. The A380 was really quiet too. The 777 felt more cramped and was not as comfy. The IFE is brilliant both touch screens. Finally the food. We fly long haul twice a year but the Emirates food is by far the best we have had. Can't wait to fly with them again.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Gooneratne Dinala    (Australia)

Series of Trips on EK, MEL-CMB-MEL and CMB-CAI-CMB. All sectors in Business except DXB-CMB which was in First. Check in Good. Lounges not bad. However the quality of food in DXB has been going down over time. Good Welcome on Boarding. IFE is AVOD and excellent as always. Staff can be hit or miss, mostly a miss. The quality of meals on board keeps going down every month. Bread basket is brought around only when you are nearly done with the main. Of all the sectors I flew the food on EK 650 First Class from DXB to CMB was the worst. The curry sauce which accompanied the rice tasted like chillies mixed with water. Depending on how much you pay for ticket it is still value for money. But EK is on a steep downward spiral. And if you have any comments or complains post flight and write to their customer service desk, do not be surprise if you get a watered down response which is a border line insult.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2015 by D Houlihan    (UAE)

DXB-Seattle, J class. Overall good solid experience, Chauffeurs on all legs were on time and pleasant. Flights on time. Lounges as usual in DXB good with great offering of food and beverage. In Seattle you had to ring a bell and a man would appear from behind a curtain to give you a drink (obviously economizing) no food. Crews on outward leg helpful and professional. Crew on return looked bored and tired and no smiles. Overall good experience. Business with Emirates is I feel is generally a solid product.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2015 by N Sutherland    (UK)

LHR-DXB-BKK, Economy. Check-in pretty efficient in T3. The flight was full (as usual) with Emirates, and left on time. The A380 is much quieter than the 777 but there's not much difference in the seats/space. Cabin service on Emirates is variable, depending on the crew and this one was OK - nothing special. Economy food has improved recently and quite tasty. Good choice of drinks and frequent water/juice runs. On time into DXB and A380's park at the gate instead of remote stands which makes connections easier. I got upgraded to Business on the DXB-BKK leg again an A380 which was about 30mins late. The best part of Business on Emirates is a priority pass for immigration in BKK. The cabin service in Business was nothing special and I prefer to eat in the lounge rather than on the flight. Good IFE - there's always something worth watching on Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Kai Ostermann    (Germany)

The flight from Hamburg to Dubai was two hours delayed and service on board started 2,5 hours after take-off. I pushed the service button in order to receive some water for taking medicine, the only thing that happened was that after ten minutes a Stewardess came by, switched of the service sign and went away. I pushed the button a second time and the same happened again. Furthermore there was only once service on an 8 hours flight. Food unfortunately below standard. The Entertainment System was quite ok though. Hope that I don't have to fly with Emirates again.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Manootham Steven    (Germany)

FRA-DXB-BKK-DXB-FRA. Must take EK again for the flight to Bangkok due to the best price base on 6 months advance booking. FRA-DXB on A380 nice aircraft-flight full, but still roomy DXB-BKK on B777 did not get the selected seats (even those seats are selected 6 months in advance by the time of booking on EK Tool) EK has changed our seats and we did not sit together/flight full - no more to say about the 3-4-3 seating. Worst service of all sectors, slow service, we requested water but were told to wait for the next service. BKK-DXB-FRA on A380/B777 flight full, our choice of foods ran out on every sector. I've flown Emirates over a period of six years and I can definitively say that every time I fly, the service is getting worse. Its route networks and frequencies are very good and its fares (if booking at least 3 months in advance) can be competitive. However EK progressively gets worse. EK is still on cutting back massively on quality, example no amenity kits for Y class, foods (quality and quantity) is getting worse, cutting the Skywards-mileage counts, too small number of cabin crews in Y cabin and they are disinterested in passenger service, avoid service to passengers, disregards the calling sign. Very chaotic and very slow on board-services, choice of foods ran out very early, no organization. All those bad on board services EK fare is no more valuable for money. Only IFE is the best.

Emirates Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Alasdair Brooks    (UAE)

DXB - IAD [Washington, DC] in January 2015, economy class. Given the only choice on this direct route is either Emirates or United, it's not really much in the way of competition - give me Emirates every time. Emirates has an excellent on-demand in-flight entertainment system, decent food, efficient multi-lingual staff, amenity packs in economy on long-haul flights, and all drinks except champagne are complementary in economy. No one really wants to be stuck on a plane for 15 hours, but it's on these really long routes that the little extras on Emirates - especially the in-flight entertainment system and power outlets for every seat - come into their own.

Emirates Customer review :  21 January 2015 by Katie O Brien    (China)

We flew in August 2014 from Rio de Janeiro - Dubai and Dubai to Shanghai. We travelled with 2 children (3 months and 26 months). On our first flight the toddlers TV was broken so he used my husbands and mine couldn't be used as we had the bassinet for our baby. Staff were friendly though. One our second flight my seat didn't recline, I was promised at the start of the flight that they could manually do it after the meal was served so I thought that was reasonable, after the meal however they told me it couldn't be done I would just have to accept it. So for an 8 hour flight I sat upright with a baby on my lap as he wasn't allowed to use the bassinet most of the time because of turbulence. However our toddler slept in his aviation approved car seat that their telephone service agents said we couldn't use. I think their customer service needs improving, they tried to tell me I needed to buy 2 seats to use one car seat for a toddler whose seat I had already purchased. However at the airport everything was ok due to a nice customer agent who was able to place all our family together when again customer service had placed us all separately. The airline didn't live up to the expectation that we had and we fly long haul several times per year.

Emirates Customer review :  21 January 2015 by Mohammad Al-Adsani    (Kuwait)

Flew from DXB-KUL. Flight was onboard B777-300ER. Everything from boarding until touch-down was excellent. Friendly and attentive cabin crew, excellent IFE, comfortable chairs, fine meals, smooth flight, and the experience was excellent. I would definitely consider flying Emirates economy class again.

Emirates Customer review :  19 January 2015 by E Fox    (UK)

We were a party of eight travelling to Male via Dubai on the 20 December 2014 for two magical weeks in the Maldives. Going out had a 3hr stopover in Dubai which was changed to 3hr 40 minutes Our return flight times were good leaving Dubai at 2.35pm. 5 week before we were due to travel we were advised Emirates had changed their flight schedule meaning our flight from Male did not leave enough time to transfer the luggage from one flight to another. The only option we were given was a 12.5 hr delay or return a day early from our holiday We ended up using Dubai connect which was not good experience. We paid quite a bit more to go with Emirates than another leading airline. Never again.

Emirates Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Powell Michael    (UK)

LHR-DXB-PER-DXB-LHR. The trip out to Perth was almost a tale of two different airlines. LHR-DXB on the A380. The Heathrow lounge is dull and there was little sign of staff. It was not made clear that boarding would be straight from the lounge. Once on board a welcome drink was proposed but never arrived. No amenities kit was offered. The plastic bags they put the headphones etc in look cheap and nasty. The much-vaunted wireless IFE controller would not unlock from its dock so not much use. 3 different cabin staff said they would deal with it but nothing was achieved. Meal service was unduly slow. No drinks served (as promised) before the end of the flight. The promised Dubai gate information on IFE channel 94 didn't materialise. Yes, it was business class but it was all very impersonal and irritating. The toilets are just by the bar area so if you are queuing you are mixed up with the bar clients - not a comfortable arrangement. DXB-PER on a B777 was totally different: perfect service and everything worked. PER-DXB the seatbelt adjuster didn't work and couldn't be fixed and they eventually cobbled something together with an extender - a bit embarrassing to be presented with that in front of other passengers. Again the IFE controller didn't work. We got to the Dubai area on schedule then had to hold for 40 minutes due to congestion. When we landed we were parked at a (very) remote stand, which meant a long bus ride to the terminal. Terminal 3 is enormous and impersonal and there was no time left to do any duty free shopping. DXB-LHR was ok. The IFE controller didn't work - again! So, all in all, I'm not that satisfied with Emirates. There seems to be a lack of attention to detail. I've flown LHR-PER once a year for the past 10 years and have used Qantas, Singapore, Malaysian and Qatar, all in business class. I'd rank Emirates at the bottom of this list. It'll be back to Qatar next year.

Emirates Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Slany Gertrude    (Australia)

Whilst I noticed the narrower seating (Being 777) on my way to London (Emirates) I was lucky then to have a corner seat right in the area which is usually reserved for parents with small children. But yesterday I arrived back in Perth from Dubai on an 11-hour flight on the same Boeing 777-300ER, and my coccyx and lower back are still aching from the narrow seating. I can only say, I am going to carefully consider my next flight, maybe even save up for 2nd class. Cattle class is just that, I am not obese, but have wide hips and shoulders and I am above average height. The seats on the Boeing 777-300ER were a good 2.5 inches narrower than on the remainder of my particular flight ( Dubai London), legroom is less and the back can only be minimally adjusted. Sleep is impossible. Service was very average, crew seemed to be permanently engaged in jockeying their unwieldy carts in that narrower passage-ways, food options ran out quickly. The entertainment options do not make up for the unpleasantness of the entire experience. Of course, comfort is supplied to the higher-paying customers. I really do resent this! Will try and check out the plane-type before flying again.

Emirates Customer review :  19 January 2015 by AbdelRahman Emad    (Saudi Arabia)

Flew on their B777-300ER for a short trip to DMM. Aircraft was far more comfortable than the older 777-300s. IFE was pretty much best in class, however, I did not find their meals particularly great. Decent airline overall, but definitely slightly over hyped.

Emirates Customer review :  14 January 2015 by P Archana    (USA)

This was my first time with Emirates and did not find it worth all the hype and pricey tickets. Traveled on an A380 on 3 legs of our trip and seat size + legroom was not very comfortable for a 14 hour flight. There is hardly any space to stretch or walk around a bit on the flight. Staff was courteous and polite however service wasn't quick enough but I think that's just due to the number of passengers on the flight. At one point it took them more than an hour to collect our plates after we finished our meal. Food was okay, nothing great or exceptional. In- flight entertainment was the only best part about the flight, screen is great plus they have a good collection of movies etc.

Emirates Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Haider Hazrat    (USA)

DFW-DXB-BOM: Booked Emirates as it was the cheapest and got a very good deal. The aircraft from Dallas was A380 which cannot be doubted on its comfort. I requested an exit row seat and got it. Food was very good and tasty from Dallas to Dubai. However, cabin crew didn't respond for long on 2 occasions I called through my seat button. Service from Dubai to Mumbai was okayish, nothing great to talk about. Old Boeing 777-300 which was stinking. I think Emirates doesn't focus properly on one of its major markets India with respect to quality and service. Overall, I would give 3.5 stars to Emirates. 4 for DFW-DXB leg and 3 for DXB-BOM leg. I got value for money since I got a very low fare.

Emirates Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Stewart Roberts    (Honduras)

We traveled from Barcelona to Dubai and back over the Christmas holidays on the Emirates 380 and on to S. Africa on their Boeing 777, all Business Class. The service and quality of food and beverages on all flights were way above the standard of any airline we have flown. Some speak of Emirates going that extra mile - ten would be more like it. From start to finish Emirates has it covered. Other airlines could take a leaf from their book on their lounges, quality of food and staff training.

Emirates Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Liz Sowerby    (UK)

Returned from Dubai to Newcastle on the 23rd November 2014. Our inflight entertainment system did not work. The staff tried resetting it, but this did not cure the problem. Eventually I was offered another seat, which I declined as we were travelling as a couple, I did not wish to move without my husband. When the hot meal was served, we choose the chicken, which was cold. Mentioned this to the staff, who offered another meal, but declined this. Beware, they have got too big to care.

Emirates Customer review :  14 January 2015 by K Rajesh    (UK)

DUB-DXB-DEL. The flight from Dublin was delayed which meant I was a bit worried about my connecting flight from Dubai as I only had about 2 hours transit but transit was pretty smooth. I had a positive experience with the security staff at Dubai airport - the guy who checked me was polite and smiled. Compared to Doha airport, Dubai seemed a lot better organized. This was my first time transiting through Dubai and I was impressed. The food on both flights was decent without being outstanding. For vegetarians, Air India and Jet Airways definitely offer a superior product. The staff on the Delhi flight neglected to distribute immigration forms which meant that the foreigners on the flight had to try and find forms at Delhi airport which was hard as they seemed to have run out. A helpful passenger had an extra form and I was saved. Overall I would say the flight was okay without being anything special - about the same as Qatar Airways.

Emirates Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Mindy Pang    (Singapore)

Great legroom even when the passenger in front reclines back. Cabin crew were friendly. Food was okay. Emirates has the widest inflight entertainment. However, the seat width is not really wide as compared to other airlines. In a nutshell, all 4 flights I took (Singapore to Dubai, Dubai to Glasgow and the return flights) were good.

Emirates Customer review :  14 January 2015 by P Nettur    (Australia)

I flew from Dubai to Mumbai on EK502 on 1st Jan 2015. I had a confirmed internet check in with seat numbers allocated. When I arrived at the counter I was told that they were over booked and I had to defer my flight. They informed me that the confirmed check in was not valid till a boarding pass was issued. I had to wait until the boarding time before they called me and offered a seat right at the back of the plane and not the one I reserved at time of online check in. Looks like they don't honor their online check in system.

Emirates Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Foin Valery    (Australia)

I flew from Adelaide to Paris a couple of days ago. Having heard of the really good reputation of Emirates, I was looking for to it. I was rapidly disappointed with a very basic service, more than average food and their ICE entertainment system really not user friendly with a lack of movie choices. By experience, there are far better airlines on offer for a better price too. Travelling back to Australia in a couple of weeks, hopefully they will prove me wrong.

Emirates Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Bertoni Matteo    (Italy)

DXB-MXP in First. Everything 5 star level, boarding with separate F class bus and private suite enables you to join a high level of comfort and privacy. Crew professionalism impressed me, I was always called by name from the Purser. Once seat is converted into a bed it is soft and comfortable. EK F class product is far away from all Europeans and can only compete with LH. Highly recommended.

Emirates Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Bertoni Matteo    (Italy)

MXP-DXB-BKK-DXB in Business. As usual I found the biz product to be excellent both on A380 and on B773. VIP lounge in Milan is brand new with plenty of seats and amenities with direct separate boarding directly from the lounge. Once on board seats are very comfortable, high quality food and drinks, smiles and kindness from all the crew. The only weakness is concerning boarding procedures at Bangkok that don't allow priority at all once pre-boarded is all chaotic, so you have to literally walk over economy class passengers. EK is one of the most comfortable J class in the market, I'll fly with them again.

Emirates Customer review :  11 January 2015 by J Howsam    (UK)

A380 Dubai - Melbourne. Seated in exit row 52, although some kind of fridge malfunction had soaked the floor, so we had to use blankets in order not to get wet - it being a full flight and already in exit row wasn't really going to give it up. Food was slightly disappointing - still perfectly edible but nothing special. IFE was great for TV, loads of series, but fewer movies. Inflight WIFI is a nice touch, although it took me 10 hours to log on. I sent them a complaint email about the wet floor during the flight which I think is pretty good. Overall - the Qantas-Emirates tie up is great for Europe to Australia, especially with the overnight timings of the flights, and A380's going all directions. Emirates also a solid choice for service.

Emirates Customer review :  11 January 2015 by V Gomes    (Thailand)

I flew twice with Emirates in December - Bangkok-Dubai-Gatwick returning Heathrow-Dubai-Bangkok then again Bangkok-Dubai-Istanbul and return. Their inflight entertainment options are above average although their headsets were broken 50% of the time. Other than this I am sad to say on both flights I was disappointed with all aspects of their service. Our group were always split in the most odd fashion - even on our business class flight I was separated several rows apart which made no sense. Food options ran out on one flight - chicken or lamb, my parents cannot eat lamb, but they ran out of chicken - no alternative or other option! We were no where near the back row so obviously many other passengers only had lamb as an option! There are far better options out there for similar prices or cheaper. Don't make the mistake I made - don't fly Emirates if you have other options.

Emirates Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Richard Campbell    (UK)

LGW-DXB-SIN. Plane 2 hours late leaving LGW due to late inbound arrival. Fog at DXB extended delay to 3 hours including an abortive attempt at landing. Landed 03.15, exactly the time onward flight to SIN should have been taking off. That flight had closed so missed connection. Incredibly difficult to get rebooked. Long queues at transfer desk. Staff did not have ability to make re bookings directly but had to call their reservations department somewhere else in airport. Long, long waits to get a response (half hour plus for each passenger) and no queuing system on their telephones. No offer to arrange hotels even though some passengers clearly becoming distressed at length of queuing time. To cap it all I later found that my connection was still on the ground when I arrived in DXB and did not leave for another 2 hours even though shown as flight closed i.e.they had allocated my paid for and checked in seat to someone else!

Emirates Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Solanki Divyesh    (UK)

My journey from Bangkok to London Gatwick return was the best journey I have had. On all sectors LGW-DXB-BKK and BKK-DXB-LGW I had a pleasant flight. Flight crew were extremely helpful, smiling all the time, food and drinks were served on time and food was surprisingly tasty. Fleet that served us on different legs of the journey were as following, LGW-DXB was on B777-300ER, DXB-BKK was on A380-800, BKK DXB was on A380-800, DXB-LGW was on B777-300ER. Seating arrangements on both Emirates B777-300ER and A380-800 is 3-4-3, I have always considered these seating arrangements to be very cramped. Surprisingly Emirates somehow made it feel specious with plenty of leg room. Entertainment on board both B777-300ER and A380-800 was wonderful, with over 1000 channels of entertainment to choose from flying cannot get boring. If you do manage to get bored then many of the Emirates B777 and A380 are fitted with inflight WIFI internet OnAir at a very reasonable price. I paid 0.63 for 600mb that's enough to last me on all my sectors. Overall I enjoyed everything Emirates had to offer, staff were very helpful, on board and on ground. Services offered on board were more than I expected. Entertainment, food and drinks on board were by the best I have had so far on an aeroplane. I would definitely recommend flying with Emirates if you haven't flown before.

Emirates Customer review :  5 January 2015 by A Mueller    (Germany)

Flew HAM-DXB-BLR and returned BLR-DXB-HAM in mid-December 2014 with Emirates. Before taking this flight I'd heard the hype about Emirates being one of the best airlines so was looking forward to the trip. How far could the reality be from the hype? A long way. Where to begin? The seats are not comfortable, stewardesses missed me twice when bringing drinks around and once when bringing meals (I wasn't asleep, they just didn't ask and were looking away from me so I couldn't get their attention until I had to practically shout at them - which got an angry- looking glare). On the return leg from BLR to DXB I got a nosebleed in flight and wanted to ask them for tissues - I used the call button but nobody came. Waited several minutes then tried again, this went on until the bleeping stopped after about 15 minutes. Not one attendant came to repeated buzzing over that time. Finally it stopped and I got out of my window seat and to the toilet to take care of it myself. I noticed during the flights to BLR and on the return that there were plenty of other people who also got no responses to their calls - they finally gave up or I saw a couple of them get up from their seats and find an attendant themselves - so ignoring passengers seems to be corporate policy. Meals are also average. All-in-all not a good experience over 4 flights with this airline - I would not recommend flying with them - I sure won't if I can avoid it.

Emirates Customer review :  31 December 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

EK 384, BKK-HKG in Business. Everything about this airline is superb. Sparkling new A380, warm, professional crews, nice lounge in BKK. In flight WiFi, live TV, great IFE, bar, etc. That said, boarding could be improved as it was a bit chaotic.

Emirates Customer review :  31 December 2014 by P Graham    (UK)

EK0015, 8th Dec. Flew from UK via Dubai to Capetown. Had to travel for work urgently. Last minute booking was easy and good app. Brightervisas secured my SA visa so I was away quickly. Was able to get 15% off loads of things with Skywards membership and the seats and service was great. Downside was the tea but coffee was OK. On return 1 hour delay due to late passenger which was not great but service was top level.

Emirates Customer review :  31 December 2014 by P Amit    (India)

Travelled on DEL-DXB and DXB-Lagos sector. Aircraft on DEL-DXB sector was good. Seat comfort was ok. Food was good and staff courteous. DXB-Lagos sector aircraft was old, seats were not that comfortable. However, prompt and good service made up for it. Emirates business lounge in New Delhi is very good. Dubai lounge is also good.

Emirates Customer review :  31 December 2014 by C Birbeck    (UK)

NCL-DXB-TPE return in economy class 12/12 - 20/12. All 4 legs were Boeing 777-300. Managed to book the 2 seats at the rear of the plane for the entire journey. Legroom not great but managed OK. ICE entertainment system was excellent with a good choice of things to watch. Food provided was nothing to write home about - adequate would be the best term. Flight attendants were OK, nothing outstanding. Polite and pleasant. This was my first time with Emirates and had been led to believe it would be an amazing experience. Turned out to be no better or worse than other carriers who fly these routes. A bit underwhelmed, actually.

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2014 by G Tucker    (Australia)

Just flew PER-DXB-FRA. We found the overall experience to be disappointing and don't understand all the hype about Emirates being one of the best. The seats were narrow and hard which made them very uncomfortable for long flights. Qantas has way better seats. The food was average, nothing to note at all. The biggest disappointment was with the unfriendly, soulless cabin crew on both flights. Barely a smile out of any of them. They looked like they were dead walking, just going through the motions of their jobs. One in fact entertained us by digging around for ear wax a few times and then flicking into the aisle. She was gross! Not at all what we were expecting. Maybe our return flights will be better?

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2014 by Scholtz Jacobus    (South Africa)

We flew to Istanbul via Dubai on the 01/12/2014 and back on 10/12/2014. There were no problem with the flight itself but we found out afterwards that you get hotel vouchers if you have a stay over longer then 8 hours in Dubai. We had a 10 hours stay over at Dubai to Istanbul and a 12 hours over stay from Istanbul at Dubai. No where we was informed regarding the hotel vouchers-I am sure that I do not have to explain how tired we were. The staff when we bought our tickets should have notified us regarding this. We also only found out about the food vouchers by luck on the internet.

Emirates Customer review :  29 December 2014 by Craig Willis    (Australia)

Dubai-Melbourne. First trip on A380 and it was fantastic. Allocated Business class seat on window in row 25 so just a short walk to the fantastic bar area. Seating and amenities were outstanding as was the service from a truly international crew. Entertainment system was the best I have ever used with a wide selection of movies and the flight tracking is brilliant. Food was as good as I have ever had on a flight and there was indeed plenty of it. Overall a wonderful flight and have no hesitation in recommending Emirates Business Class.

Emirates Customer review :  22 December 2014 by J Rose    (Australia)

EK 385, HKG-BKK in Business Class. Hard to find many, in any faults in this service. Spectacularly equipped A380 with comfortable cabin, seating, remarkable IFE choices with high resolution screen. Business class bar a nice diversion from the in seat activities, service was very attentive and professional. Food and wine perhaps a tad below the rest of the experience but overall very hard to top this on the short run from HKG-BKK.

Emirates Customer review :  22 December 2014 by M Ishwara    (Malaysia)

KUL-MEL-KUL. The outbound flight to MEL was perfect and in-flight service was top notch. However, the inbound flight to KUL was less than ideal. There was at least a 75 minute delay out of MEL. I think this is to do with day-light saving time (1hr) in MEL plus a bit more. I think it is the airlines responsibility to adjust and advertise the correct departure times in cases such as this. I was not informed when I checked in over the web or the counter staff at the baggage drop. However, given the price out of KL, I would fly this airline again.

Emirates Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Sharma Priyanka    (India)

My Husband and I travelled on Emirates on DEL-DXB-NCE-CDG-DXB-DEL between 8th and 16th December, and were disappointed with the service that the airline offered. The DEL-DXB and DXB-DEL flights were the most horrible that I have encountered so far. The staff was extremely rude and unhelpful. On our DEL-DXB flight, I requested for water thrice but it never came and on my third request I was rudely told by the staff that she can't give me water as she had other priorities to take care of. It was a clear sign that Emirates is not interested in taking care of its flyers. Our flight from CDG-DXB was also not great as the supply of water and juices was intermittent. However I have high regards for the crew flying on DXB-NCE flight on the morning of 8th December. They were courteous, helpful and very prompt in their service. They made our journey special with a small pastry when they got to know that we were newlyweds. But this was plain luck as the rest three legs of the journey were very disappointing and we have decided not to fly Emirates again. The attitude of the staff clearly showed that passengers should not expect after sales service once they have paid for their tickets.

Emirates Customer review :  22 December 2014 by E Murray    (Australia)

I flew Business Class, Dubai to Casablanca return (777-300) and Dubai to Addis Ababa return (A330-200) last month. All flights were on time, cabin crew and service excellent, meals pretty good. I really couldn't fault them. The angled lay flat seat on the 777-300 is comfy, and I never fully recline it to flat - I find it much more comfortable to put it into a kind of almost lying down lazy boy chair, so both ends raised slightly off flat. While I've read many poor reviews on the Business class seats in the A330-200 I have to say I found it very comfy. It definitely doesn't stack up against their long haul A380 seats, or even the 777-300, but I was very comfortable with the deep recline, great footrests ( so much room) and comfy leather seats. These aircraft's are usually only used on their shorter flights and in this situation I have no problems.

Emirates Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Thomas Kelly    (UK)

DUB-DXB, 773 fantastic. New high quality equipment with great attention to detail from very professional staff. Connection to BKK flight in DXB international was a disgrace. Was looking forward to flying the A380 but experience was just not the same, 20% of the staff did very little while the others were extremely busy on a very full flight. Conclusion, other airlines should take note.

Emirates Customer review :  18 December 2014 by L Jarvis    (Australia)

LHR-DBX-SIN, A380. Emirates A380 is a brilliant product. I flew economy - and it was arguably the best cabin experience. Spacious, great inflight entertainment, comfortable seat, amazingly lit cabin at night and great food. It was really difficult to fault. The staff were friendly and helpful, got some great sleep on the flight too - and there's really not much else to say! Would highly recommend.

Emirates Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Michael Mo    (China)

EK204-EK304 JFK-DXB-PVG. We are skywards members. Departure time is 12:05AM, Delayed for about 4 hours. We would not make our connection flight to Shanghai. The staff in New York only gave us one choice which was fly to Hong Kong from Dubai then transfer the flight back to Shanghai in Hong Kong. We asked them for next flight from Dubai to Shanghai but they said that they can not find the tickets in their system. The A380 from JFK to DXB is ok. Entertainment is the best of all airlines. The seat for A380 have more legroom than the 777. Food is fantastic. Three meals served. You can order beverages or snacks any time on board. I still recommend Emirates.

Emirates Customer review :  10 December 2014 by T Marsden    (UK)

We flew from LGW to DXB (777-300), stopped in DXB for 3 days and flew onwards from DXB to BNE (A380), as we'd heard good reviews of Emirates and wanted to see a little of UAE. Emirates offered the best price and connections to/from Australia and New Zealand. Really disappointing LGW to DXB service - staff were rude, had no personality and seemed rushed. Food was average and entertainment not much better. We left the flight in DXB more than willing to give them a second chance to impress on the longer DXB-BNE sector (14hrs on the A380) but more of the same. Staff were rude, unfriendly, seemed rushed to complete service, more concerned with doing their make-up (we were sat next to the galley) than much else. Really poor. We're flying back CHC-SYD-BKK-DXB-LGW and to say that we're looking forward to it would be misleading. Compared to other long-haul flights we've flown (Air NZ, Virgin Atlantic, Singapore, BA), Emirates are by far and away the worst - unless it seems you are lucky to be a Gold member, when they can't do enough for you.

Emirates Customer review :  10 December 2014 by David Ellis    (UK)

CPT-DXB-LHR. Appalling start in the Bidvest 'Premier' lounge at CPT, stuffed to the gills and poor quality food and drink. FAs friendly enough on 777-300ER but dinner service slow and the 2-3-2 seats lacked privacy for a night-time flight. 4 hr stopover at DXB fine once the gate for A380 flight to LHR had been identified - no thanks to a discourteous DXB employee. A380 impressively quiet as ever and a pair of E/F seats were excellent for a couple. Lunch service again slow and the main courses inedible. Flight deck poor at updating on flight, including bad turbulence. Quick disembarkation and speedy baggage reclaim.

Emirates Customer review :  10 December 2014 by G Tolefe    (Australia)

Not sure why Qantas decided to partner with Emirates - terrible deal for Qantas customers! Travelling from Dubai to New York on the A380, I bought paid for the WiFi access and used it for about 5 minutes before it went off. When I complained to the onboard service director, she told me that Emirates was not responsible for the service and that I needed to write to "inner" the service provider. This was absolutely shocking - in my opinion, Emirates is responsible for every service offered on it's flights. Also, flying from LHR to Dubai, on a night flight, my seat was damaged and wouldn't recline so having paid for a first class seat, I was unable to get a nights rest (the aircrew told me that they knew the seat was damaged before the flight left but that the engineer was unable to fix it). The flight was full so I was unable to be relocated but I would have preferred to have been given the choice of another flight - this is what Qantas would have done. Put simply, I believe that Emirates have placed far too much emphasis on growth and not enough on keeping customers happy. Given the available alternatives and the cost of air tickets, I for one will not be flying Emirates anymore.

Emirates Customer review :  10 December 2014 by H Mutschler    (Germany)

EK 772, CPT to DXB. Flight was on a Boeing 777-300. Boarding was on time and it was fast. Take off about 30 minutes late, but even with almost 30 minutes holding time in DXB plane was still on time or schedule. Crew was nice and food choices was matched. I even got a second hot meal as I was still hungry. Bags were on belt when we arrived there. Only downturn was, that the full plane got a remote stand and we had to take the bus to the terminal, which took almost another 30 minutes. Would fly EK again, since the legroom was great in economy.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |

1999-2014  Copyright Skytrax