Delta Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Delta Air Lines Customer Trip Reports

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  15 January 2014 by C Scott    (USA)

DL1954 on 12/30 and DL1910 on 1/1/14. Checking in with first class with Delta was nice because we got advanced security clearance. The rest was disappointing. I guess I am used to first class with American. Snacks offered were like sombody's left over Halloween treats. There was no music or entertainment offered.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Michael Decker    (USA)

Flew from JFK to Las Vegas, January 9-12. Check-in was very good even at 6am. I liked the bistro in the waiting area. The plane was clean and orderly. The only real disappointment was the food and drink selection offered with the flight, a tablespoon of peanuts or a shy dozen of mini-pretzels. The real disappointment (inflight) was with the entertainment as in none. The screen was jumping (and audio) as if the VCR was old and the screens had rainbow colors to them as if the TV's were well past their prime. Ok no problem I'll listen the music channels, nothing, not one channel other than the one tied into the screen. I was told by the flight attendant that they no longer offer it. For $600+ a seat it should be a lot better especially since last year was a banner year for profits for the airlines. How sad. This is America's best? Hey Delta pay it forward and invest in your equipment.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 January 2014 by M Thompson    (UK)

Used Delta from JFK to Fort Lauderdale and have to say that the experience was far from first class. Before takeoff a lady got on in a dishevelled state and distributed bottled water after she had stowed her luggage in an overhead locker. It turned out she was an off duty stewardess helping out the on duty staff. During the flight drinks were served and a banana was thrown to the first class passengers by way of food. The only good thing to be said was that the flight was on time.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 January 2014 by Radha Manickam    (USA)

My husband and 1 year old daughter was flying today (01/11/2014) from Charlotte to Albany through Detroit. Their flight got delayed 1 hr due to some mechanical repairs. Then they missed their connecting flight to Albany due to that delay. They ended up waiting from 12 Noon to 8pm for their next flight to Albany. By 8pm, their flight got cancelled and got a new schedule for tomorrow. With connecting flight from Detroit-Atlanta-Albany. I don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. This type of incident happens for us for the third time. Very bad service of flights.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Louis Ho Nguyen    (Singapore)

SIN-NRT-SIN. Economy. Delta may fail to meet expectation of many people who fly within the States but for international flight, I find they do pretty well. The flight for both legs was on time and actually arrived 30 minutes earlier than scheduled. I love their B777-200LR. I understand that Delta is an American airline, so the seat was designed for a typical Caucasian. Thus the seat appears bigger and gave me more than enough space for the size of a typical Asian without upgrading my ticket. Meals were nice with various choice of beverage. There were a lot of choices for IFE from movies to music. Flight attendants were quite nice and helpful. The only minus point probably is long process of check-in at Changi (my bags were checked 3 times before boarding), which I understand due to fear of terror on flights to the US. Overall, it was still a good experience especially the first time with Delta. I would definitely fly with them again for my trip to the USA some time in the future.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Aaron Gimmeson    (USA)

Flying round trip from Columbus, OH to Las Vegas through Detroit. Jan 3-6, 2014. Delta gate agents are rude and abrupt. They were late getting me to my connection in DTW due to computer problems during boarding at the gate in Columbus. I made it to the gate in DTW 12 min before departure, but the agent had given away my seat and said sternly that it was to late and to go complain at gate A43. I did and they told me to call customer service. I did that and they said they cant do anything because I need to talk to a gate agent. They gave me the run around and really did not care. Flying home was more mechanical problems. I wound up having to sleep in DTW airport. No hotels available. When I boarded flight DL6121 the agent was slow. I fly for work and will no longer fly Delta. The ground crew and flight crew were all great and concerned for the safety of the passengers. The gate agents lack any general concern for customers safety, comfort or well being.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Kian Ti Yu    (USA)

Flew from LAX to Haneda (12/22/2013) and from Narita to LAX (12/29/2013). Flights were on time, in fact earlier than scheduled. Flight attendants were very courteous, not typical of attendants of United States airlines. The online check in and baggage drop center that takes baggage more than 3 hours before flight time make travel a breeze.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Nieves Guerrero    (USA)

I flew during the chaos caused by the weather, the delays wer understandable. Leaving mass the staff at Logan assisted me with my sick child by being attentive and making us as comfortable as they could. When we stopped in JFK again the staff were very pleasant while we waited 3 hours to board to Dominican Rep. Staff did what they could to keep passengers entertained. On the other hand I feel like customer service stops in the US, while in the Dominican Rep I felt like I was dealing with a whole different airline. staff were rude and inconsiderate. Delta needs to take time to train their Dominican staff.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 January 2014 by P Srikantaiah    (USA)

I was on this flight which was delayed by over 2 hours in Atlanta and never once were we given the reason for the delay. That's fine. A delay is a delay. Here is where it gets interesting. Once we boarded this old DC plane, the cabin crew promptly made an announcement that they had "forgotten" to load water to the tanks. So, even though the flush would work, there would be no water from the faucets to wash our hands. Instead, there was just a bottle of water kept in the toilet. Yes, that was my Delta experience! I met another traveler in Mexico a few days later who apparently flew the same flight two days later and had the same water issue. This really explains why I should avoid Delta in the future! Absolutely, no customer service.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Loel De Leon    (Philippines)

Economy Comfort, Manila to Tokyo Narita. The extra $39 is well worth it. Much more peaceful cabin and priority boarding. The extra recline and seat pitch really made a difference. Flight attendants anticipated the needs of passengers. consistently offering snacks and refreshments. they were very courteous and tried to address the concerns of passengers as best they can. I also appreciated the fact that they took the extra effort of addressing me by my name. It was very thoughtful of them.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 January 2014 by R Witt    (USA)

DL0117 on 12/29/13, STR to ATL on 767-300ER. 1x2x1 config in Delta's premium cabin remains unbeatable, service levels w/Delta generally consistent. This flight even surprised on the upside: excellent menu out of STR, and a top notch cabin crew. Is it a throw back to times past when an attendant cares to monitor your Scotch remains 'easy ice', i.e. bring an additional ice cube when needed and without being prodded? That was a crew that made it a joy to fly over the Holidays. Delta wins on many levels these days.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 January 2014 by S Defelice    (USA)

New Orleans to Boston. A blizzard was headed for the Boston area and delays were expected. Was charged $100 because my luggage was 2.3 lbs over weight. I asked a man working at the ticket area to help me transfer to an earlier flight in order to beat the storm. He told me he would put me on standby and directed me toward a gate. Lady at the gate told me I'd have to wait an hour till she could answer any of my questions. Went back to the desk an hour later and told that the man at the check in desk must have made a mistake and that I had not been put on standby. Lady then put me in standby and told me she would call my name if a seat opened up. Everyone began to board the flight and my name had not been called, just as they were closing the gate, the lady yelled at me to get on the plane. Ran down the ramp. Flight staff were OK, landed a little early. Things went much smoother in Atlanta.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  2 January 2014 by T Barrett    (USA)

Florida to Seattle, flights delayed due to weather and would miss connection in Atlanta. Understandable. Ticket agent wanted to send me to Atlanta and sit on standby. Whereby, I was not guaranteed a seat and no hotel, meal compensation. Had agent book me on flight early next day instead. Booked seat from Florida to Atlanta, but no seat booked from Atlanta to Seattle by agent and now on standby. Tried to assign seat over internet, but was blocked because agent put me on standby. Called Delta and was informed that the airport agents now had control and could not book a seat. Told telephone agent to let me speak to supervisor as I was looking at 25 empty seats on their website. Agent spoke to supervisor and supervisor assigned me a seat. Now, why couldn't other agent have done that hours earlier? Arrived at baggage check-on area (already had boarding passes) for "red-eye" return trip from Seattle. Stood in line watching understaffed agents for 20 minutes and was told when we finally got to the front of the line that we had missed the baggage check-in window by 3 minutes. Keep in mind we had already stood in line 20 minutes. Told to go to the Special Services line. Got in Special Services line and stood for 15 minutes. By now, not only had my wife and I missed checking our bags, but we had now missed the flight. Told by "red coated" Supervisor is that all they could do was put us on standby for a 11.25 pm "red-eye" flight with no guarantee we could even get on the plane as there were no seats available. As we pointed out how long we stood in their lines, the "red coat" got surly and told us that this was our only choice. She would not help us with a room or meals. We asked about a trip the next day which she booked us on that left at 11.45 am. Now, 13 hours later. When we asked where we could find a hotel, she pointed the directions to the hotel board center and basically said we were on our own. The last straw was they lost our baggage on the return flight. Finally came in on the next flight after midnight next day.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  30 December 2013 by John Heinz    (Germany)

2 hours flight between Atlanta and Nassau. Business class ticket. Very old and noisy aircraft (MD88). Business class seats OK. Sky Priority boarding. Except bananas and bretzel and drinks do not expect any meal served at dinner time even for a 1500 USD ticket. No lounge access for this international destination except if you have the right frequent flyer status. I will avoid to fly them again for this amount of money.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Claudia Paz    (USA)

We made reservations way in advance, prepaid our flights, and chose the seats that best accommodated our needs. Delta then changed the flights on several occasions and reassigned our seats giving us the worst possible seating, even having our kids separate from us. We called customer service and were told they could not do anything, that they are not allowed to change other people's seats. That is exactly what they did to us! We learned our lesson the hard way and we hope to never have to fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Franki Griffith    (USA)

I recently took a trip from Huntsville, AL to OKC from Nov 21-Dec 27th. I found my first flight to be a very pleasant experience, but what impressed me was how my return flight was handled. We were late, I was due to depart at 3.30 and by the time I checked in it was 3.21. I was booked on the 6.10 flight right then and there. The staff didn't even charge a fee for having to change my flight.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 December 2013 by T Taylor    (USA)

To Las Vegas from Jacksonville Florida. The plane we were on from Atlanta to Las Vegas, a long flight had no leg room and there were two large men and me in a row! On the way back from Las Vegas we knew right away that our flight was going to miss the connection. I called Delta to try to get a connecting flight worked out and was on hold for around 45 minutes. Never did get it worked out over the phone. When we arrived in Atlanta they told us to go to a kiosk to find out what they had decided to do with us and a series of coupons came out. One for 25.00 of food (everything was closed) and a coupon for a hotel. On the flight back at 8 that morning the plane was packed and it looked like most had had the same kind of night we had. There were three stewardesses in the back of the plane talking so loud it kept waking everyone up. They did not provide a beverage service because of turbulence so they were non stop until I pushed my button and told them they were disturbing everyone. The girl was very rude and we heard her tell the other two, we are talking too loud for the wonderful passengers out there! And went right back to their discussion.