Delta Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Delta Air Lines Customer Trip Reports

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by G Smith    (USA)

Flight 2395, PBI-LGA on a MD-88 aircraft on July 30th. Only positive was an on time flight. Thankful this flight wasn't any longer then it was. Experience was awful and I felt very unwelcome as if I was an inconvenience. Flight crew were young and seemed new to the airline industry. I assumed they'd be into their job and enthusiastic, I experienced the complete opposite. No hello or goodbye while entering and deplaning the aircraft by any crew member. Ticket scanner while boarding was not working so the rude gate agent was checking the tickets by hand. Crew rushed through the safety announcement and we were in the air within 5 minutes. Ok legroom, however the armrests where painful to rest your arm on. Restrooms in rear were out of order leaving everyone on the plane to have to all use the one restroom in first class. Took about 30 minutes to receive my luggage at baggage claim. Overall not a pleasant experience.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by P Ferguson    (USA)

I have flown Delta for years because I live in metro Detroit. I am a frequent flyer and am in many ways "stuck" but after this experience I am going to find an alternative. I am sure my business does not matter however I think if one person tells one other and so on perhaps customers can have a voice! It is a shame that people cannot be treated better!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by R Perez    (Germany)

CDG-MIN-DFW - great service - nice staff - managed to get me and my luggage in an 1 hour connection (got on the plane 15 min before take off).

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  27 February 2014 by Catherine Garrett    (UK)

I was travelling with my teenage son and 3 others on a flight to Boston. We received excellent service from everyone. The attendants encouraged our tall teenage boys to move to seats with more legroom as the flight was not full and supplied them with all the refreshments they asked for with a smile. They gave us great advise for when we landed. Extra cups of tea were not a problem and also came with delicious cookies! Our return flight a week later was even better with the same crew who were interested in our trip and how we had got on with the snowstorms. They again encouraged us to move for more room and once again all refreshments were served with a smile.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by P Parson    (USA)

Long and short of it is that it took a succession of 5 aircrafts last week to get from Detroit to Burlington, VT. The first plane, which left on time, backed into a baggage cart. They couldn't find a crew for the replacement. Ended up spending the night in Detroit (at my expense), the 1st and 2nd aircraft the next morning both had mechanical issues. Customer Service in Detroit, for the most part, is the worst I've ever seen. Rude, uninformed, incompetent, etc. Thanks to a fellow passenger who told me that a flight to Burlington had 14 empty seats, I got home on aircraft #5. I usually fly Delta and have generally found their service to be very good. However, they need to address the Customer Service issues in Detroit.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  22 February 2014 by K Benting    (UK)

DL002, London Heathrow to JFK, 15th Feb returned on 21st Feb, flight KL6005, JFK to London Heathrow. This is the first time I have used Delta Airlines. The value for money was great. The meals were some of the best I have tasted inflight with a good selection. The entertainment was also extremely good with a vast selection to choose from. The staff were not warm and friendly and the plane was not cleaned to a great standard, there were peanuts down the side of the chair that had been there for some time. The staff did not know who their partnership airlines were and we were advised to go to a different terminal due too this. Flying home from JFK seats were not allocated until the gate meaning on a night flight my daughter was on the opposite side of the plane to myself.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  22 February 2014 by John Brown    (Australia)

Flew from Seattle to Vegas on a "cosy" CRJ900. Service was friendly, seat comfortable and snacks and drinks on offer were good for a 1hr 45min. Flight and bags were first on the carousel, easily worth the extra $70 IMO.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Kupper Julia    (USA)

Feb 7 2014. Frankfurt (Germany) to NYC (USA). All in all, I had one of the best long distance flights in a while. The plane itself was new, leg space was a lot better than for instance on Air Berlin flights. The safety video was the funniest I had seen. Delta definitely had the greatest selection of films I have seen on the plane, although some of them had Russian/Chinese/Korean subtitles, but I wasn't disturbed by that. I know a flight is not all about food, but I was surprised by the variety of things served. The crew were generally very friendly and served the first round of drinks approximately an hour after take off, followed by snacks (pretzels and salted peanuts), a fantastic hot lunch (chicken/rice/vegetables) and tea/coffee straight afterwards. The next round of snacks (same than before) was served a few hours later and 1.5 hours before landing we even got another meal, this time a hot tomato-mozarella sandwich followed by ice-cream. I would certainly recommend flying with Delta.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Peter Davidson    (UK)

After visiting Tucson AZ, I was embarking on my return journey from Tucson to Edinburgh via Atlanta and Paris on Monday 17th Feb. The incoming flight from Atlanta arrived more or less on time, but as soon as it landed it was clear there was a problem with the aircraft. It turns out that none of the lavatories were functional. This caused a severe delay making me reschedule my entire journey one day later. I was offered a hotel - which was fine - and given what was described to me as meal vouchers. These were not fine. They were in fact practically useless pieces of paper. No one took the time to explain that they were only valued at $6. A fact I was also unaware of until I came to pay, and pay I did. As far as I am concerned, if I am given a meal voucher, I expect a meal. In fact this worthless piece of paper does not buy anything on the menu - even a bowl of soup. To add insult to injury, there was no breakfast voucher at all. American airlines already have a bad reputation, so perhaps I should not have expected better.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 February 2014 by E Steven    (USA)

Was scheduled from Milwaukee to Detroit to Norfolk, VA on Thursday, 2/13. Our plane in MKE was delayed over an hour because of weather. Because of that, we missed our connection to Norfolk. The captain said we'd be rebooked on the next flight - we weren't. My three traveling companions and I couldn't be rebooked until Saturday, 2/15, after our event was over. Delta's customer "service" area in the Detroit airport consist of a bank of phones with no human beings present. We were continually bounced between phone representatives and gate agents, with neither being helpful. We ended up renting a car and driving (yes, over 12 hrs) Avoid Delta at all costs.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 February 2014 by Robert Wills    (USA)

DL 1169, MIA to LAX, Feb 13 2014. It is impossible to get an upgrade as a Platinum Medallion between Florida and California on Delta. In addition, the system wide upgrades are never available. Furthermore, the planes are smaller, always packed. After flying 2.5 million miles with Delta, it clearly has gone downhill. Loyalty means nothing. If you fly from Florida to California often, and need to try and do some work on the trip, avoid Delta. Their upgrade policy is a classic bait and switch. My trip yesterday was like a 5 hour closed MRI. It is sad to see great airline go down the tubes in rewarding loyalty.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Bastien Antoine    (USA)

February 1, 2014. CDG (Paris) to SEA (Seattle-Tacoma). I would have given Delta a higher score, an 8 out of 10 for trip satisfaction, but the seats on the aircraft were very uncomfortable (the worst I've experienced). The recline was minimal, which made it impossible for me to sleep. I had to remove the catalogue / inflight magazine from the seat pocket in front of me in order to gain a 1/2 inch or so of leg space. I considered upgrading to economy comfort, but only available seats were by the toilets, and the seats were described as having "up to" 4 inches of additional leg room, but no mention of additional recline. The seats are acceptable short flights, but not for long-haul travel.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Colmcille Bright    (USA)

I recently flew to Fort Wayne from Philly. Both ways had a lay over so I flew 4 separate planes. Of the 4 I had a broken seat on 3 of them. Not able to recline on 2 because it was broken and the other I had a broken seat cushion that repeatedly slid off making the flight that much more comfortable as I had to keep standing and fixing it. At least I was able to enjoy a beverage. Oh no I was not because 2 flights did not serve any and the last leg of my journey the 3 flight "attendants" were unable to fully serve the plan in the 70 min we were in the air. I have taken 20 min flights in Europe where I get served fresh tea and a biscuit by one flight steward for the entire plane. If ever have the displeasure of flying your airline I will be sure to bring duck tape, a tool box and a coke so I can be comfortable.