Delta Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Delta Air Lines Customer Trip Reports

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by N Hiserote    (USA)

DL352 from Nashville to Detroit. Advised that the flight will be full and customers are allowed one personal item and one carry-on bag, which must fit within the size check box. My carry-on was approximately 1 inch too wide, due to my use of the one inch expansion zipper. So my option was to pay to have my bag checked or to use the other small duffle I had inside of my carry-on. So I basically carried on the same weight of items which now took up twice the amount of room. I understand that there has to be rules, but common sense needs to come in to play at some point.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Oduche Chuma    (Nigeria)

Flew DL from Milan to JFK after arriving on Etihad, couldn't wait to see how DL matched up. I was impressed with the level of service from crew, bantering with passengers, smiling as they went about their duties, so eager to serve. The IFE and meals were equally impressive, far better than my preceding flight on Etihad flight. This is surely an improvement from the Delta I used to know, perhaps the competition is bringing out a different side.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by S Srinivasan    (USA)

DFW-ATL-RSW, DFW-ATL in Economy Comfort and ATL-RSW in Economy. Checked in online, and it took less than 5 minutes to get through DFW security on a Saturday morning. I was greeted by a friendly gate agent who smiled while welcoming me onboard - what a concept for a domestic airline these days. Onboard, the FAs were equally pleasant, with the First Class FA even offering to hang the coat of an Economy Class passenger. Snack choice consists of peanuts, pretzels, or Biscoff - while this isn't much, it's still more than you get on any other domestic airline. First leg arrived nearly 20 minutes early, and the transit in ATL was painless, though keep in mind it is a very large airport if you have a tight connection. Boarding was delayed slightly on the second leg to RSW, though we pushed back only a few minutes late, and arrived 5 minutes early. This flight was not full, and the FAs were once again cheerful while performing the beverage service (but only pretzels this time, and no Biscoffs). Captains on both legs kept us well-informed with regards to our route and progress, speaking to passengers twice on both legs. Overall, I couldn't ask for any more from a domestic flight in coach.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Shirley Stewart    (USA)

Disappointed traveler. Travelled to Europe via Delta and experience was not good. From terrible food to constantly moving seat assignments unless we upgraded to secure seats together. Food was not very good - service from JFK to PDX was non-existent. I would not recommend this airline and will avoid in the future.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by S Koenig    (Brazil)

GRU-JFK business class, JFK-SEA and LAX-ATL in first class, ATL-GRU in business class. Biz class in 767-300s was great, lie-flat seats. 1-2-1 configuration. First class was standard. 757 for JFK-SEA not spacious, but felt roomier than in the domestic 767 from LAX-ATL (2-2-2 in first class). Food on all flights, especially the international legs, was good. Having priority check-in at LAX was especially welcome as I didn't have to take my bags over to the checked bag x-ray station. I didn't need the allowance of 3 checked bags up to 70 lbs for biz class to Brazil, but it can be a plus. Service was good, especially on the international legs. We chose Delta because it cost less than American or United for this trip. Delta's requirements for using frequent flyer miles is worse than the others, but the flights were very good.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by M D Neave    (UK)

Four flights with Delta, LHR-JFK-TPA_ATL-LHR, all flights departed on time, seats were comfortable and plenty of legroom including the internal flights, food typical airline beef, chicken or pasta ok and just about edible. Entertainment was very good with large seat back tvs, good selection of movies and shows plus a number of games, music selection was disappointing and more variety is needed there. Cabin crew worked hard doing numerous drink runs, on the international flights beer and wine is free otherwise about $6/7 for internal flights. I like Delta and would fly them in future if their prices remain competitive.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Winston Archer    (Canada)

My wife and I flew first class from Fort Lauderdale to La Guardia on October 27, 2014. What a pleasantry that experience was. We flew first class and was extremely pleased with the service and with the attendants courteous manners. The meal we had was hot, the drinks were served promptly and we were always asked if there was anything else they could do to ensure us a pleasant flight and comfort.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Beverly clark    (USA)

12/3, flight 1215, Boston to Salt Lake City. Flight 1674, Salt Lake City to Portland (Oregon). I flew Delta for the first time, traveling in first, it will definitely be the last. Completely inattentive flight attendants, no personal service of any kind - about the only "perks" of first were express lines for security and a mass produced meal. In flight received no attention, no offers of anything to drink - in fact, felt completely ignored.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Matthew Smith    (USA)

Took Delta flight from Atlanta to Salt Lake City. I have been flying fairly frequent for the last 10 years and this is the worst plane I have ever been on. The flight is just over four hours and the isn't any form of entertainment, not even the really old TV's that 25 rows share. I purchased the gogo inflight wifi that cost me $15 for the four hours and it barley has enough speed to check email. You can definitely forget streaming anything or play any game or app that requires the internet. (I tried) The air conditioning was apparently broken as well because it is about 80+ degrees in the plane. Worst flight/plane I have ever been on. I was on more advanced planes 10 years ago. Staff came by one time to offer any drinks or refreshment.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by T Matteo    (USA)

I flew from Madison-Detroit-Paris-Pisa and return through Rome. On the way there the short flight from Madison was quick and on time. Had plenty of time in Detroit (even though its not the most exciting airport). The transatlantic flight was operated by Air France 777. Excellent as usual. Other short flight to Pisa was okay. Nothing special. On return we rode an A330 from Rome to Detroit. My brother and I had window seats and IFE systems were great. Food was as good as any other airline (though not better than Air France). In Detroit had 2 hours until connection and everything was smooth. Overall great seats, food, and IFE's both ways.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Dennis Fakes    (USA)

Flew from Huntsville, AL to Atlanta, and then to Hong Kong via Seattle. Then returned from Sydney via LAX. On three of the six legs of this trip Delta rearranged our (long in advance) seating. We were notified only once (the night before our morning departure). Supposedly a "service animal" was needed in our Economy Comfort seats on the ATL to SEA leg. I understand and accept that. But when we boarded, the occupants of the seats we had originally booked, the occupants were young and apparently in good heath. No sign of a service animal. I will never again purchase Economy Comfort when it doesn't seem to mean anything and is quite expensive. Also, I will do everything I can to not fly Delta in the future. Finally, I will tell my story again and again every time I can so that others can be fore-warned.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by M Neave    (UK)

LHR-JFK-TPA-ATL-LHR. All flights departed on time, seats were comfortable with reasonable legroom especially on the internal flight, food was typical airline beef or chicken, and a pasta on the return leg, free beer and wine on the international flights, liquor payable by debit or credit card only. Entertainment was very good with seat back large screens, and a good selection of movies and TV shows, I felt the music selection could be improved by more choice. I have flown Delta 3 times now and find them a good airline and reasonable fares, I hope to book my next flights with them.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Aditi Saldanha    (USA)

Flown this airline twice from Amsterdam to Detroit, and had a terrible experience each time. My flight departing from Amsterdam has always never left on time. Both times, my flight was delayed at least 2 hours, so in both cases, I have missed my onward connecting flight in Detroit. This also resulted in my bag not arriving on time. However, apart from the fact that I have never been on a Delta flight that has left or arrived on time, the in- flight experience is quite good. Their food is always hot and very tasty, they have a good variety in their in flight entertainment, and their seats are quite comfy. But due to the fact that I have been delayed and missed my flight so many times because of Delta, I will probably never fly them again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 November 2014 by D Ingenito    (USA)

DL836, 30 Oct. I fly Delta from HOU-ATL-HNL and return several times each month. I go out of my way to travel through ATL as opposed to DFW on AA or IAH-HNL non-stop on UA. The upgraded A330 cabins with lie flat all-aisle access seats in Business are a refreshing treat from other tired equipment on AA and UA. ATL-HNL is considered an overwater international segment with all the amenities of a transatlantic or transpacific flight. On my recent trip, GOGO inflight satellite WIFI was available making a productive business trip in each direction!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by J Hickman    (USA)

Flew JFK-SLC 5 November 2014. Flew economy in an exit row. Ok flight but entertainment system did not operate, full flight with no place to move to. Seat did not recline. 4.5 hour flight, excellent FA but had to pay for food (I declined). On time take off and arrival.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by J Liu    (USA)

DTW-PEK and PVG-DTW, Economy comfort. I must say that I fly transpacific on Delta at least 6 times per year and it has been consistently good each trip. They used tired old 747's and A330's from the old Northwest days but a completely refurbished cabin makes it feel like a new plane. Huge new seatback screens feature USB and charging ports. Delta is making an effort to upgrade economy service on transpacific flights, handing out free eyeshades, earplugs, and greatly improved "Billboard" branded earbuds. Delta on Demand has hundreds of movies, TV and music choices to keep you occupied on these 14 hour flights. Food service is about the same, edible but nothing special. Two hot meals and a mid-flight snack consisting of a sandwich, fruit, and cookie. Service by veteran flight attendants at the top of the seniority list is pleasant and friendly. Overall, it can't compare with the Asian airlines on service but not much to complain about.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by D Mohapatra    (USA)

Highly Recommended. Flight from Amsterdam to Detroit. Check-in was smooth and on time departure. Courteous flight crew, good food - was too much though and nice comfortable seat. On-time arrival and speedy baggage delivery. Overall outstanding experience and would like to choose Delta for future international trips.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 November 2014 by M Leong    (USA)

BDL-SJC and back via ATL. Coach between BDL and ATL both ways and First between ATL and SJC both ways. First was good unless you are in a bulkhead seat and you are over 6 feet tall. Other than that the aircraft cabin (new 739) was nice and the service was great. Coming back the flight was delayed for an hour which was awful, though I slept through the delay. On the bright side, I had plenty of time to connect to BDL.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 November 2014 by D Parker    (USA)

Flew PDX-ATL, ATL-CUN, CUN-LAX, then LAX-PDX. PDX-ATL was very clean on a very well maintained 737-900, attendants accommodated sister's nut allergy, made sure no nuts or nut containing items were opened, good IFE, good wifi. ATL-CUN was disappointing. Attendants were friendly and hilarious, but the MD-88 was in decrepit shape, with a broken sound system, broken lights, broken a/c, etc. CUN-LAX was a bit better of a plane but not as good of a 737 as the first flight (737-700 i believe, slightly unclean and lots of TV's weren't working) and LAX-PDX on the CRJ900 was great. 2 drinks, snacks, as expected, aircraft was very clean and had a brand new feeling.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by J Segel    (USA)

Just leaving Detroit for Boston. Overhead bins are half empty. As usual attendants insist baggage be checked which adds considerable and unnecessary time to trip in Boston. Otherwise adequate trip. Seats fairly squeezed but similar to other legacy airlines. No food or entertainment options.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 November 2014 by Tovbin Michael    (USA)

ALB-IAH, DL2033/2249. Delta would not let me choose a seat at purchase or check-in. They put me in a middle seat. Now to get out of the seat (into a window seat in the same row) I need to pay them $19. I did not get a fair chance to select a type of seat I wanted even early on in the process. So, I am being forced into an uncomfortable seat and into making a payment if I want to fly with more comfort.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Edward Mackenzie    (Canada)

My wife and I were supposed to fly out of Fort Myers on Oct 22/14, after booking our flights two months in advance. When we got to the airport 3 hours before our flight we were told our flight was cancelled and we would have to wait until 8.30 the next day before we could leave. We had to call for a ride, ask to stay an additional day - all with no notice! They had all of my contact info and never called. I believe our flight wasn't full, so they bumped us to the next morning to fill that flight. This is unacceptable, you schedule your flights to fit into your time schedule, not theirs. How are you supposed to plan a trip not knowing when they will cancel the flight for no reason, do not use Delta if you need to be somewhere on time!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by M Temple    (USA)

Was pleasantly surprised by Delta service in Economy class on a round trip between DTW and AMS on Oct. 10 (outbound) and Oct, 17 (inbound). Cabin services both ways was attentive throughout the flight - something that some other US-based carriers fail to grasp. The Economy class food was actually tasty and abundant, especially on the AMS-DTW flight. Am happy to find a US-based carrier that can hold its own in Economy class against its Euro- competitors. So would definitely recommend Delta service between DTW and AMS as a gateway between the US and Europe - even in Economy, the journey is part ot the enjoyment of the overall trip.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by A Bastien    (USA)

October 17th, 2014. Traverse City, Michigan (TVC) to DTW, DTW-LAX, LAX-SMF. TVC-DTW and LAX-SMF on Delta Connection. DTW-LAX on Delta. The FAs on the connection flights were courteous and competent. On Delta, after the beverage cart had gone by, I asked a passing FA for a second glass of wine. She refused to bring it, told me I'd have to wait until the beverage cart returned, which was over an hour later. The Economy Comfort seats on Delta were not much better than economy - slightly more legroom, but the recline seemed the same. I was unable to sleep because the headrest pushed my head forward. The Economy Comfort seats on the Connection flights felt more comfortable. Delta provided a wide array of entertainment choices. I only fly Delta because my spouse buys my tickets with her frequent flyer miles. I would not recommend Delta for long haul flights on account of the uncomfortable seats. Next time my spouse and I fly to Europe or Asia I will ask her to use her FF miles for flights on a Delta partner with better seats.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by A Bastien    (USA)

10-12-14 SEA-DTW-TVC. SEA-DTW on Delta, DTW-TVC on Delta Connection. The blue vinyl seats on Delta were very uncomfortable, had minimal legroom and recline, the plastic armrests hurt my arms after an hour or so. I was unable to sleep because the headrest pushed my head forward. Seats on Delta Connection were more comfortable. My one star rating is for the Delta seats. I didn't use the inflight entertainment system which appeared to have a good selection. I would not recommend Delta for long haul flights. My spouse purchased my ticket with her frequent flyer miles. Next month when we fly from California to Florida, I'll ask her to book our flight on a Delta partner if possible. The Delta seats are too uncomfortable for long haul flights. Same goes for our upcoming trips to Europe, and Thailand next year.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Jean KirschSulllivan    (USA)

In September I flew Delta round trip Detroit - London - Detroit business elite class on planes with the lay-flat seats. Let's be honest and call them "pods" not seats. These plastic "pods" must be the most uncomfortable, cramped seats ever designed for an airplane. I am only 5'1", weigh 125#, and even at that small size, I felt wedged into a narrow, hard space. Seats are narrow, hard moulded vinyl and there is absolutely no room for anything. Couldn't even figure out where to store the provided quilt and pillow. Sit on it? Put it on the floor where it immediately becomes wedged under the seat or you have to walk on it to get out/in your seat? Fold out trays are tiny and almost useless as are the provided "pockets" (shallow, moulded indents that won't even keep a bottle of water upright) for magazines, books, papers, bottled water, etc. Attempting to stand up or leave your seat is a major challenge. Apparently the expected protocol is to wedge yourself into the "pod" and not move for eight hours. Never again!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Paul O'Neill    (Australia)

Flew SYD-LAX, 1 Oct and returned 13 Oct - After reading reviews online I was a bits hesitant to fly Delta but was pleasantly surprised by the airline. Found the service to be quite good, food had a good variety and all meals were served hot. Also good idea about placing the snacks out for passengers to help themselves. Great choice of movies and TV shows to pass the time. Seats were a little uncomfortable but overall a good experience and would definitely fly Delta again!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by Mike Looney    (Australia)

Worst business class I have ever travelled on. The product provided on my trip from LA to San Jose is nothing close to what is represented on the Delta website, nor as described in their inflight magazine. We had expectations of lie flat beds on the last leg of our long journey from Melbourne (Australia) to San Jose, Costa Rica. To make matters worse, this last leg with Delta was an overnight flight - so we had been travelling in excess of 24hrs before boarding Delta. What a disappointment to find we were on possibly the oldest aircraft I have flown, it had a 2 person bench seat format with an individual backrest that only slightly reclined. The inflight food service was lousy (very similar to an economy meal on a domestic flight). Then to top it off there was a Dog (yes a canine) sitting / sleeping in seat 1B, right next to us! There was no insert entertainment system, there was a very old box TV hanging from the ceiling in the aisle, which from Seat 1D I couldn't quite see very well.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 October 2014 by D Wilson    (Australia)

Went from LAX to Sydney. Staff rude, food awful. Only good thing was premium economy seating. The seats were hard - no frills but extra leg room. Worth the difference but would not fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Brian Robinson    (USA)

Flew GSO-ATL-SLC-PHX/ LAS-DTW-GSO on a paid First Class ticket - cost only 30% more than the coach ticket and well worth it. DL is working hard to be a serious airline and it's mostly paying off. All flights were on time and generally the service and food very good, including a new beef enchilada (really!) lunch item that was excellent. The omelette breakfast out of LAS however- not so much. For me the biggest issue with DL is the age of the fleet. Both long legs were on vintage (25 years old plus) 757s with no modern amenities except pay for WIFI. These old ships showed their age throughout, including (my pet peeve) dreadful bathrooms, no entertainment whatsoever and old style overhead bins. The one flight with no first class section was aboard the dreaded CRJ200 for a 90 minute flight.. DL generously assigned seat 14A with a GE engine seemingly in the next seat. When will the airlines fulfil their promise of dumping these dogs altogether rather than just moving them from one fleet to another? Overall though, satisfaction delivered.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Gilbert Schwartz    (USA)

JFK-FCO return, Business class on Sept. 25 - Oct. 5. on A330 - this is the best business class seat by far. Seats newly configured 1-2-1 with easy aisle access. Seat controls, entertainment system, electronics all user friendly. Lots of entertainment options viewed on a 16-inch flat panel screen. Exceptional service and excellent meal choices.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Peter Pomeranze    (USA)

Honolulu to LA. Lucked out with an internationally equipped aircraft for this normally cramped flight. Great lie flat seat, wonderful crew, decent meal and excellent entertainment. The B767 business elite made the trip a pleasure but why does the dessert come on the tray when there is plenty of time to do a separate service? This is a pet peeve of mine, makes the service seem pedestrian.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by C Frauches    (Brazil)

Have just arrived in Rio de Janeiro from Miami, with a change of planes in Atlanta. From Miami to Atlanta, pilot did not even announce the flight duration. From Atlanta to Rio, service was certainly not bad by U.S. standards. IFE was good-managed to watch a new release in my personal screen-while alcoholic beverages were also complementary throughout the flight. Arrived on-time in Rio de Janeiro, only to find-out that my luggage did not make the tight connection in Atlanta. All in all, certainly an acceptable trip and would do it again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 October 2014 by A Ryerson    (USA)

Just added Delta to the airlines that I will never fly again. American was the only one with that recognition previously. Booked flight for two from Des Moines to San Francisco and return. Outgoing flight was as planned and no problems. Noticed when I checked in the day before flight that return connection from Minneapolis to DSM had gone from 1 hour to 3+ hour layover. Just tried to change departure time from SFO to Minneapolis so flight would make more sense (1 hour layover). Said they would be happy to for $235! I make sane, rationale reservations with "standard" layovers and airline changes (or cancels) a flight, doesn't inform me and after I learn about it and try to make sense of the booking again, they are happy to change for additional $$$. There is something very wrong with this picture. In the future they have 2 empty seats from my wife and me.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by James Steward    (Australia)

Flew SYD-LAX-MNL. All flights were on time, aircraft were clean, staff very friendly, food satisfactory, lavatories well maintained and inflight entertainment stable with a great selection of choices. Safety was adhered to throughout flights. Check-in was smooth. However, LAX could have more staff support during the check-in process. Baggage arrived promptly after each flight. Will fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Alex Taberner    (Australia)

JFK-LAX on a 757-200 Transcon. Flight pushed back 5 mins ahead of schedule and arrived 30 mins early. The aircraft was recently refitted and the new cabin is spectacular. Felt clean, modern, fresh, airy, bright and very comfortable. The IFE was superb. Screens were huge, choice was endless and picture quality great (not the standard screens you see on most aircraft). Staff were attentive and happy - came around with the drinks/snacks cart twice, and I lost count how many times they came around offering water. Tea/coffee and snacks are complimentary, sandwiches etc available for purchase. For a long coast to coast flight, Delta far exceeded my expectations.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Valerie Morzillo    (USA)

Flights 476 and 477. Flew first Class to Barcelona, Spain on August 17, 2014. Excellent service.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Derek Salter    (South Africa)

First class from PDX to LAX. On time, good seat comfortable and plenty of space. Easy check in and boarding. Early arrival. Inflight food and beverages woeful. Very limited beverages and my choice of red wine not available. No food apart from a 1/2oz bag of crisps or peanuts. For a two-hour flight something more substantial should be available in First. And nothing else even available for purchase. Staff on board ok. Disappointing apart from the seat comfort and space. I had bought a discounted First class ticket otherwise not worth it. And no access to Delta lounge for First pax unless paid for ($50) or a regular card holder for this service.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Jared Costley    (USA)

I have had several horrible experiences with Delta. One time on my way back from a vacation from Hawaii, Delta changed the connecting flight from the Las Vegas Airport to an earlier time. I was not informed until I arrived in Las Vegas, only to find out that our connecting flight had already departed. The Delta Customer Service clerk was extremely unhelpful and ended up booking us on a flight that left 5 hours later. I sat in the Las Vegas airport with two small children for several hours. Today, I was supposed to fly out to New York at 11.00 am for an important business trip. As I was leaving for the airport, I got a call from Delta stating that the flight was delayed until 12.15 pm. Since that phone call the flight has been further delayed three-times. Delta is the worst airline I have ever flown on hands-down with extremely poor customer service.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Barbara Madureira    (Australia)

First time flying Delta was a terrible experience and I will never fly Delta again. Check in was really bad. My seat did not recline and my flight was LA to Sydney, it means 15 hours flying in the same position. The seat was near the back of the plane where the flight attendants stay during the flight. They wouldn't close the curtains so it was always with lights on and I could hear them talking and laughing for 15 hours. It was my worst nightmare and I do not recommend Delta to anyone. There was other seats available but they wouldn't give us other seats.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by P Hendrix    (USA)

Sep 1 from TYS-DTW-AMS-GVA, return on Sep 15 from GVA-AMS-ATL-TYS. Just returned from traveling and used Delta and KLM. My opinion is that Delta has improved its flight services and food on transcontinental flights. Flights were on time, customer service was helpful, flight attendants were pleasant. The cabin service was much more adequate than in past flights. We did purchase economy comfort seats on the outgoing flight and the extra inches were appreciated. I was very pleased and will continue to use Delta.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by D Schmeisser    (USA)

IMT-DEN-SAN-IMT. All flights were on time or early. Ground and flight attendants courteous and efficient, provided timely and useful info. The seats and entertainment on the new B737 are quite good for economy. Beef sandwich for purchase was at best OK. Beverages passed a few times on a 3 hr SAN-MSP flight. In my opinion Delta provides a good, consistent product these days.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by A Shah    (UK)

Extremely poor service. A family of five flew to Orlando via Detroit. After a lot of hassle on my part I was able to organise the special meals for us on our flight to Detroit. It was expected that the airline would have done so the same for the return flight but this did not happen with the result we were denied this request.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 September 2014 by A Skidmore    (UK)

Manchester - Atlanta - Quito - August 2014. Flew Delta for the first time in about a decade and was very impressed. Transatlantic flew an old but recently refurbished 767-2, which was clean and comfortable. Was fortunate to get an exit row seat meaning I had lots of leg room, and being 6'3 this was a blessing! Seats were a little hard, but no more so than other airlines. Entertainment system was very good, lots of options and food and drinks were served regularly. Cabin crew were very friendly and always happy to help. Flight departed on time and arrived early in ATL. ATL-QUI - very old 757-2 and desperately needed refurbing. Seats were worn out, no entertainment, overhead TVs existed but not used and cabin crew were less friendly. Drinks only served once on a 5 hour flight, and food was very poor in comparison to the other flight. Standard American airline for me, very good transatlantic, but domestic/South America used tired fleet and much less effort made. Will certainly use again if I need to fly transatlantic as was an excellent experience, but still much to improve on the other side of the pond.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Brian E Smith    (Japan)

NRT-HNL-NRT in business class both ways. The flight was smooth, on time, had decent food, lie-flat seats, and a very accommodating HNL-based crew of FA. No complaints whatsoever. It always amazes me at the negative comments on this review site considering my consistently good experiences with Delta. They're not the best airline in the world, but they seem to try their best.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 September 2014 by J Krinsky    (USA)

Delta 1487 on 09-04-14 from ATL to JFK. The gate agent addressed my wife and I by name as we boarded. All passengers were greeted by the F/A as they boarded. Flight left a few minutes late but arrived early. The meal consisted of a cold shrimp/chicken platter or a turkey/chicken sandwich, which was very good. Service was good. My only complaint is the seating. The seat is more comfortable than Economy Comfort, but Delta should add an inch of pitch in the first class cabin. I did not rate the inflight entertainment as there was none available due to the short flight. Delta 2043 first class on 09-11-14 JFK to ATL. Flight left about 30 minutes late due to mechanical problems. The captain gave detailed and many updates concerning takeoff times which was appreciated. The plane was an MD 88. Again, no inflight entertainment due to the short flight. Food and beverages included snacks from a basket.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by C Tellefsen    (USA)

I keep making the mistake of choosing Delta. I flew to Spain recently and now within the us and each time I am unable to be seated with my husband regardless of how in advance I book my tickets. When I just called to inquire about a seat assignment the representative was beyond rude and said if I could not afford the upgrade then I can wait till I get to the gate like always. I have no problem paying for an upgrade but it seems to me they purposely do that so you pay the money or pay by sitting alone! Rude and not accommodating at all.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by B Hagler    (USA)

I flew from Omaha to Minneapolis. Minneapolis to Paris. Paris to Yaounde, Cameroon. Returning flight from Yaounde was cancelled. Left the following morning. Flew to Central African Republic then to Chad. From Chad to Paris. Once a 6 hour flight, turned into almost 13 hours. One meal provided.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Nowara Michael    (USA)

Flying on 8/25 from EWR to AMS and return on 9/5 ex AMS to EWR in Economy Comfort. Save your money not worth it. Food was horrible. Flight attendance not very polite. Service was non-existent. I asked for an after dinner drink and was told only coffee, Tea or water was available. This is not what Delta advertises on Economy Comfort. Have flown many times on Lufthansa to Germany and the service is 100% better. I will stay away from Delta in the future.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 September 2014 by Davona Sanders    (USA)

July 28 - August 2 2014. DTW to Las Vegas. My husband and I flew Delta this past July (2014) to Las Vegas. I think the staff did a wonderful job. They always offered snacks and drinks. We will definitely fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 September 2014 by A Aloysius    (Canada)

SEA-LHR and AMS-SEA I had an excellent experience on these international flights with Delta. The seats were relatively spacious and comfortable, and the IFE was really impressive. The food was edible, and there were frequent drink services. I had a far better experience than I did with Air Canada on similar routes. I will definitely be flying with Delta on future trips to Europe.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 September 2014 by AJ Jeffery    (USA)

I have had a good experience with Delta so I chose to fly it again. We were flying from Philadelphia to Austin Texas. First off, my flight was delayed for an hour and a half. Then, we took off. My first stop was Minneapolis. We then had another stop for no reason at Detroit. We then finally got to Austin. Our flight left Philadelpiha at 6am CST and got to Austin at 7pm CST. I will never fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 September 2014 by B Denessen    (USA)

Round trip Detroit to Ft Lauderdale, 8/28-9/1. Once again Delta has maintenance issues. We missed our connection, lose our first class seats and get home 10 hours late. By the way do not purchase first class tickets. Delta apparently can choose to honor them or not. What a waste of money. I chose to purchase rather than upgrade and still lost my seats. The trip down here in first class offered potato chips for lunch and one drink because our flight attendant spent his time talking to another flight attendant that must have been riding for free because she didn't come out of the galley the entire flight. I guess I should just be happy they got us to our destination. Red coats are useless and maintenance is worst as our plane wasn't the only flight delayed that day due to maintenance.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Joe Mitzel    (USA)

Flew MSP-LAX-OGG (Maui) RT and was pleased with Delta in both directions. The flights are long so not terribly comfortable but a very nice attendant suggested that I move to Economy Plus seating for the extra legroom on the outbound to Maui. The food options were tasty and fairly-priced. I appreciated that the crew wore Hawaiian- inspired outfits to put us in a festive mood. Hawaii is such an exceptional destination it deserves the extra touches! Delta is my choice for flights lately because they work hard to deserve my business.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Shi Haowei    (USA)

I flew IND-DTW-JFK to connect to an Air China flight to Beijing there and PVG-DTW-IND on the way back. I was originally suppose to fly IND-JFK to connect to Air China but the flight was delayed to after 9am and I would miss the Air China flight by then. So the agent booked me through Detroit. A320 service to Detroit, no food because it was only 30 minutes, CRJ900 service to JFK, had soda and peanuts. On the way back I was supposed to fly Air China PVG-PEK-JFK and Delta to IND. Air China got delayed and they rebooked me on PVG-DTW-IND, Boeing 777 to DTW, good food, had many choices. No food for the DTW-IND flight as usual. Nice flight attendants, good seating, good entertainment, funny safety video.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by H Sucic    (Australia)

Flew JFK-MCO on Aug 28 in Economy Comfort. Aircraft ok, massive delay on taxi way due to congestion. Cabin crew had no control over passengers - children were running up and down aisle, yelling, banging on seats, including when seat belt sign was on. Crew didn't bat an eyelid, even when others were out of their seats on final approach with belt light illuminated. We then flew MCO-LAX on Sep 1. Old, tired aircraft with video screens fixed to ceiling. Crew inserting VHS tapes for IFE. Cabin smelt, dirty carpet, dirty everything. Time to retire the 757 fleet. Economy comfort seats hard and uncomfortable.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by A Bastien    (USA)

Mid August. YYZ-MSP-SMF (Toronto - Minneapolis - Sacramento). Return trip. The economy comfort seats from MSP to SMF were adequate, decent legroom, acceptable recline. Other than legroom, they were not much different from the ones on Endeavor Air / Delta Connection from YYZ to MSP. The plastic armrests from MSP-SMF were very uncomfortable. These seats are similar to the ones on Delta international flights. I will no longer fly Delta on internationally, and will try another carrier such as KLM on my next trip to Europe. One star for food and entertainment (I didn't buy food, no entertainment offered). The flight attendants were competent and courteous.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by E Ciancanelli    (USA)

My wife and I recently flew first class on Delta Airlines from Seattle to San Diego on flight 5789. The aircraft was a Jet Embraer 175, a plane that I think is very practical, comfortable and sensible for a domestic flight. Also there are no middle seats anywhere on this plane. The crew were very friendly and attentive to our needs. The food was excellent and nicely presented and served by our attentive stewardess. We felt this was the best flight we have taken in a very long time and was reminiscent of air travel from the old days. I have been a frequent air traveler for 55 years, so I remember the good old days of travel. I contrast this flight with another first class flight on United Airlines where the service and food were horrible and the plane was filthy with a bathroom that was worse than any gas station I ever saw.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by A Bastien    (USA)

Early August, flight from SMF - MSP - YYZ (Sacramento - Minneapolis - Toronto). I flew economy comfort on an early flight from SMF to MSP The MSP to YYZ flight was on Endeavor Air / Delta Connection. The economy comfort seats had adequate legroom, but almost no recline, making it impossible for me to nap (the seat backs had a tilt-your- head-forward, built-in headrest). The seats on Endeavour had minimal legroom but more recline, and I was able to nap during the two-hour flight to Toronto. The plastic armrests on the SMF-MSP flight were extremely uncomfortable. Economy comfort wasn't worth the money. One star for food and entertainment (I didn't buy food for purchase, no entertainment on either flight). My wife has Delta Platinum FF status. Next month we fly to Michigan, Amsterdam, France and Israel. I'll let her exchange FF miles for my tickets as long as we avoid Delta and fly internationally on a code share airline such as KLM. The FAs on both flights were competent, courteous, and seemed to care about their passengers. I wish Delta management had the same attitude.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Domican Anne    (Ireland)

Flew Dublin - JFK return in business elite. Didn't really get that priority feel on check in as you do with most other airlines. Lounge in Dublin ok, lounge in JFK terminal 2 is awful. Food is fine and there was plenty of offerings, cabin crew very nice, seats very comfortable but I think Virgin, Etihad and Qatar Airways business class is far better with a classier feel to it. On saying that I would fly with them again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by D Stewart    (Canada)

My husband and I have taken a few trips a year with our kids (now 4 and 3) since they were babies and never had such a terrible experience. Getting to our destination was alright - we booked an overnight flight so that the kids would sleep and ended up with 2 extra seats next to us. Staff were all very polite and helpful. However, before our return we were informed by e-mail that our 2 flights with a connection of just over an hour had been cancelled and we had been re-booked on 4 flights - yes, 3 layovers to get us from one major airport in the US to another in Canada. My husband spent over an hour on the phone getting this changed and it took a great deal of insisting that 4 flights would not work, especially with young kids. Our travel dates were flexible as was the departure airport from Florida, but this didn't make a difference. We were finally re-booked on 2 flights with an almost 6 hour layover. We were told that having a layover longer than 5 hours would result in additional fees, which we of course refused to pay and Delta reluctantly agreed. On the day of the flight we arrived at our gate to find out that our first flight had been delayed almost an hour and our second flight had been delayed 3 hours. (which now resulted in an 8 hour layover!). The airport staff was extremely accommodating and offered to re book us on a flight early the next morning with a 2 hour layover and cover our hotel expenses for the night. We appreciated the offer, but decided to decline because we were already at our departure gate and didn't want to repeat the check in and security process the following day. Sometime during our 8 hour layover we looked at our boarding passes and noticed that none of us were sitting together on our second flight. After putting up with an excessive amount of delays and attitude from Delta over the phone and by e-mail I would have gladly left my then 2 and 4 year olds alone for Delta staff to entertain during the flight, but after some insisting on my part we were all seated together.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by S Ahmed    (UK)

Munich - Atlanta - Kalamazoo and returning from Chicago - Atlanta - Munich. My flight to the US was nothing better than the usual - in fact simply average, no comment to make. However the adventure begins on my returning flight from Chicago on 30th December. Upon checking in my luggage in Chicago I find out that my flight to Atlanta had been cancelled - apparently for weather reasons. I quickly had customer service representatives put me on an alternative route: Chicago - New York - Prague - Munich. However, upon embarking the flight to New York, we had technical difficulties and could not take off on time. When we did, I had already missed my connection. Knowing about this situation, I asked the flight attendant to assist, just to be told "hold on, we'll look into it" or "you simply ask the ground staff in New York, they'll sort you out". Upon arriving in JFK, instead of making my way to the gate, I straight went to Delta Customer Services. Getting there, it was like being at a fish market - people arguing, kids crying and the Delta Customer Service staff simply could not be bothered. When it was my turn, I was not greeted, I was not asked how I was doing and nor was given the generic apology for delays experienced. After a long discussion, I was put on a flight from New York - Frankfurt - Munich. After a couple of hours of transit, with no amenities or vouchers provided, I got on the flight for Frankfurt - I was put right at the back, despite various empty seats. I reached Frankfurt to find out - my ticket was never issued for Munich! However, being German speaking and after being handed to competent Fraport staff and discussing the issue with them in detail - the situation was dealt with in an excellent manner and I was on my next flight to Munich. Once I touched down in Munich, you can now imagine what is going to come or in fact not going to come - my luggage! Will never travel with them again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by K Gundeep    (Canada)

Flew CDG-MSP-YYZ. First aircraft was an A330-200 which was somewhat spacious. IFE was excellent but the headphones were not that great. Seats were nice and the blanket and pillow were good. The meals were above averages and were filling. A lot of drink services too. Connection was a breeze as well. The flight after that was a CRJ-900 so it was more cramped and without IFE but the aircraft was new and spotless. Seats and service was OK for a regional flight. Wifi on board but you have to pay. All in all the two flights were pleasant and really surprised me.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Howell Eric    (UK)

MCO-LHR via Atlanta. The internal flight up to Atlanta was surprisingly spacious seating in economy for this short flight. The transatlantic flight from Atlanta to London was on a B767 with a decent seat with good leg room. The IFE offers a good choice to occupy the time and the meal was ok and standard for economy. Delta is a no nonsense airline that does the job you pay for.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 August 2014 by Marla Kostis    (Canada)

Flew MEX-DTW recently on Delta on a nice and fairly clean A319. Economy class seats had decent legroom - inflight wifi was a huge plus but no other IFE was on offer, even in business class. Ham and cheese sandwich was served as a snack which surprised me as I expected no food in economy class. Flight arrived and departed on time. Staff were attentive and polite.