Delta Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Delta Air Lines Customer Trip Reports

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  6 June 2014 by S Kittle    (USA)

Our flight from Fairbanks to Minneapolis was a great flight with great service. On our return flights the service was great. However, the flight was very hot. Multiple passengers complained and nothing was done on 2 separate flights. Given a choice I will not fly Delta again, I didn't appreciate the two four hour sauna flights. I was dressed in sandals, shorts, T shirt.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 June 2014 by Scerbo Paola    (USA)

On May 22, after a 6-hour delay, 5 alerts, and us waiting with hope at the terminal, flight 5030 to Atlanta was canceled. And as per airport security and Delta counter, the flight was canceled due to radar failure. This cancellation caused us to miss our connecting flight to Lima, Peru. On same day Delta re-booked flight to Atlanta departing from another airport and for a later time. To get to this airport cost us $175.00. However, once at the airport we begged to Delta to get us on a flight to Lima, Peru, instead Delta personnel there and over the phone, made a mockery of our request by pretending to help us when in reality they were just wasting our time. In the meantime our newly re-booked flight was delayed for approximate 3 hrs, and we arrived to Atlanta at midnight. Next day on 05/23 we finally traveled to Lima, Peru, but it was too late. We will never consider Delta for future travel.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 June 2014 by A Wong    (Canada)

Considering how Delta Airlines was an American Air carrier, I initially wasn't expecting much and imagined that service would be mediocre, sort of like Air Canada, but to my surprise, my Delta experience was great! Staff were polite, the flights were punctual with my returning flight from MSP-YVR being about 15 minutes late due to a computer that needed replacement. Other than the fact that they should really replace/refurbish those A319s, my flight was very pleasant.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  2 June 2014 by E Brown    (USA)

Travelled MSP-LHR, AMS-MSP in May 2014. Flights were on time. Flight attendants responsive enough and food was okay. Economy comfort seats provide decent legroom. I travel with Delta quite a bit and rarely have problems. They get you to your destination reliably for a decent price.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 May 2014 by Gerasenkov Andrey    (USA)

JFK-LAX on a 757-200 in Business on May 17, angled seats with ample leg room, excellent service, then onward to HNL on a 757-300 in First: seats comparable to Premium Economy as far as the leg room goes, poor recline, the service was excellent though, large screen IFE, good food and drinks. May 25, HNL-LAX on an aged 767-200 in First, same poor seat recline but good food and service, old-style IFE. May 26 LAX-NYC on a 767-300ER Business Elite, outstanding newly refurbished cabin, flat bed seats, outstanding food and service. The only complaint - never - ending turbulence but that was not airline's fault of course. To sum up, Delta's First Class is not worth the money, I will stick to premium economy instead in the future, and the Business Elite is simply outstanding for a Domestic flight.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  28 May 2014 by M Neave    (UK)

Third long haul flight with Delta, LHR-ATL-TPA-ATL-LHR, all flights on time, first transatlantic flight they run out of food selections so only had pasta left which looked rather unappetising. Good selection of movies and games on the long haul flights, seats were comfortable with good legroom. My only gripe is Atlanta airport, why do you have to queue to go through security after getting off an international flight to connect with your next plane, not Deltas fault but never had to do this before.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  26 May 2014 by M Duplock    (UK)

LHR-JFK (Virgin) then JFK-DTW with Delta Connection (Returned on the same route and carriers 10 days later. Held up at JFK both ways for 12 hours due to weather, not Delta's fault, but our return connection to LHR was rebooked without our knowledge due to our late departure from DTW. This resulted in a rush to try and make the connection only to be told we were off the flight and rebooked for the following morning. Delta then did not issue us with the correct tickets, resulting in a 4am nailbiter with Virgin check in as they tried to figure our what Delta had done. I am trying to plan my next trip to DTW to avoid Delta connections due to this.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  24 May 2014 by S Andes    (USA)

Travelled to London with my mom JFK-LHR via a Boeing 767-400ER, on DL 403 which was an evening flight. Everything went very pleasant from food service, to inflight entertainment, seat comfort and cabin crew, as well as cabin cleanliness. My complain would be our return flight which was rather a Boeing 767-300 aircraft. The Cabin was not clean and very narrow, bathrooms have some odor and seats were comfortable even for a seven hour flight. Everything else went ok, the crew looked exhausted and smiled less, they were friendly and very caring. Also to mention, food portions are quite small and selections must be thought carefully. If it was not for their 767-300 plane, everything went very well. I prefer better other airlines notably American, British Airways and Virgin Atlantic as a better option for economy, especially with AA's B777-200ER which was their major upgrade.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 May 2014 by L Zipf    (USA)

Very disappointed with Delta Airlines. I try to plan and budget for everything and was very irritated when I checked two bags for $25 each - Delta Advertises on the back of your ticket "Your first checked bag is always free" (within their recommended size and under 50lbs checked their website prior to our trip to avoid charges). I don't care if you charge me for my luggage but seriously don't advertise one thing and say another. If you book your tickets 6 months in advance and you pick your seats on that airplane and the plane is empty when you pick them, you should at least be able to sit next to your significant other - but don't bother its a waste of time. Pleased with the flight crew and flight attendants kudos to them for positive attitudes. However I don't think I will be flying with delta anytime soon.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 May 2014 by Amarel Saieg    (USA)

Boy are we never going to fly Delta ever again. Our first experience with Delta involved our honeymoon - they overbooked our flight to go to Jackson Hole, so they re routed us to a different airport and set us up with a car service to take us to Jackson Hole (this delayed our trip about 5-6 hours, and we were driving through Yellowstone Park in pitch black to our cabin). They also gave us Delta vouchers to put towards a ticket for our next flight. So we bought tickets to visit family overseas later with our vouchers and it was the biggest mistake of our lives. Our connecting flight was delayed because of weather- but they just kept pushing the time every 10 minutes making you think you would be able to really make it to our connecting international flight at JFK. We got on the plane 5 hours late, and made it to the gate at JFK for our flight about 10 minutes before it was scheduled to depart. Well they didn't let us board the plane because they closed the door already (ok, fine, they said it was a security issue) so we watched our plane take off without us, and mind you its already midnight at this point. So we are directed by the staff to go to the Delta counter, so we did that. There was one woman at the desk that was eager to leave, and she said that the next flight was overbooked by 16 people (no surprise, we noticed that Delta tends to overbook their flights and basically makes people take one of their stupid vouchers just to re-experience Delta again) and that she could put us on a flight with one connection - but we would basically be getting to our destination 3 days later than we were originally supposed to. We are on vacation time off work, and are going overseas to a country that is far away to see close family, so every minute counts - she handed us what looked to be tickets, but later we found out were just itineraries. So we could not go back through TSA to the "nicer" part of the terminal where there were comfortable chairs and food because we didn't have official tickets. Panic set in and were stranded at the airport with only 2 stalls available to go to the bathroom and no where to comfortably sit. My mom was able to get tickets for us on the flight that was supposedly overbooked, and she was also told that we would get reimbursed for a hotel room should we choose to get one. There were no Delta agents at airport that could help us with anything. We contacted Delta to try to get reimbursed and we were sent in circles, no manager available to help etc, kept telling us to visit the Delta site and use the number there - even though we already did that, they accused us of basically making up the fact that someone told us we would get reimbursed? So after 2 hours of getting no where we were fed up. Many other people I know have had bad experiences with Delta , they warned us before we booked with them. I heard many people at the various airports we were at saying they will never fly Delta again, and I agree.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  19 May 2014 by T Tsai    (Canada)

YUL-JFK-NRT-HKG. It was my first time flying Delta. I usually fly Japan Airlines or any other Asian airlines because of all the bad experiences I had with US based Airlines. From the check in agent, I was greeted with a big smile. The planes were clean, flight attendants full of energy and smile. To my surprise, the captain apologize for the slight delay we had from JFK to Narita. That is something you hear only on Asian Airlines. The seats were comfortable for economy and the food was great!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Kara Clement    (Canada)

Worst experience ever! Cancelled our connecting flight out of JFK leaving us stranded at their hell hole of a terminal for 20 hours and telling us that the next available flight was almost 3 days later. Employees spent their time sleeping, chatting with one another or doodling on notepads. Bathrooms were disgusting. Every employee gave us different and conflicting information or showed no interest in helping us at all. Lost our bag and then told us that they wouldn't ship it to us we had to drive back to our final airport destination and pick it up. I will never fly with Delta ever again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Brian Robinson    (USA)

Return leg of a paid first class ticket LAS-ATL-GSO. Seemed like circumstances were lining up to give my wife and I a major headache - Bad weather on the East Coast, late (mechanical not weather) departure from LAS, tight connection in ATL and no seats ex LAS going anywhere East. Helpful agent and supervisor booked hotel in ATL in case we misconnected but we didn't need to have worried, a fine tailwind got us to ATL in time for our connection. Newer planes on these 2 legs; the aircraft on the LAS-ATL leg even had a rudimentary IFE system. However my joy was short lived as my headphone jack didn't work and I was denied the opportunity to watch reruns of a few TV programs. Food was fair (basically the same as the outbound journey), seat comfortable, service attentive, ground staff throughout helpful and efficient. I'll stick with Delta through this purple patch they are enjoying.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 May 2014 by B Sayyar    (USA)

All flights delayed some due to weather others to "no staff for flight crew". Missed all connection flights. Help desk staff extremely rude and condescending, especially in JFK. Will never ever fly this airline again. Info given by crew 10 min before landing late regarding new gate and terminal incorrect.