Delta Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Delta Air Lines Customer Trip Reports

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 December 2013 by T Matava    (USA)

DL 80/81, ATL-BRU-ATL. Spent a lot of money to fly in Business Elite. Seats comfortable (lay flat) and entertainment system has an amazing selection of options. Food however was so salty and so processed that it was pretty much inedible. Crews on both flights were quite senior and offered good levels of service, being most accommodating. However they all lacked a sense of warmth and welcoming. I am a big fan of Delta Air Lines but these flights were somewhat disappointing, primarily due to the poor quality of food and beverage provided in both directions.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Jeannelle Zantman    (USA)

Everything was fine, however, My fiancé and I booked together and were seated separately, and they wouldn't do anything to try to get us to be close, this is something that many people had complaints, and passengers would switch seats to be with their loved ones. They also made us check a bag. Very unhappy about having to check that bag (which was smaller than the other bags that made it on, and persons that got on after us also didn't have to check their bags). I don't recommend traveling with them. I just wish that they would have sat us next to each other, it makes no sense that they didn't.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  2 December 2013 by J Phan    (USA)

It's been about a month now since my trip from Milan, Italy to Las Vegas, NV. I flew from Milan to JFK (New York). We waited 4 hours for our connecting flight from New York to Las Vegas. I was assigned a boarding pass and a seat number (24C & 24D) at Terminal 4, gate B25. When I arrived to board the plane at the gate, the rudest workers at Delta claimed they didn't see me on the system. When I ask how could this be, the Delta representative kept saying "I don't know" very condescendingly. An hour before, they announced that they needed 2 volunteers to stay overnight for a next flight because they overbooked. Delta forced us to stay at JFK while letting 2 other people take our seats on the flight that we booked over a month prior. We flew all the way from Milan to JFK, how were they unable to see us on the system? How were we able to get the boarding passes in the first place if we weren't in the system? The people at the service desk kept giving us attitude and saying to us that they don't see our names on the system. I was so disappointed with my flight experience.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  2 December 2013 by I Warren    (USA)

I booked our Delta flight in May 2013 for 5 family members going to Jamaica Saturday Nov. 23 and returning Saturday Nov.30. We had three changes to our itinerary the last one was in Oct. The flight from Atlanta to Montego Bay was awful. We set in the very back 2 rows of the plane, not together, but in 2 different rows. We had no windows. On the way back it was the same way. We had our 6 year old granddaughter with us that could see nothing on her first time flying. I'm a Gold SkyMiles Member.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 November 2013 by B Walberer    (USA)

SFO-ATL-LIM return in regular economy. I got a great deal from SFO to LIM. My overall experience was good. Service on the domestic legs was better than expected, with friendly crews and regular drink runs. The crew also responded to the flight attendant button rather promptly. The weak point was the flight from ATL to LIM which was an older plane without personal IFE. However, the LIM-ATL flight was on a more modern plane with IFE and plenty of movie choices, all free of charge. Food was ok, not great but edible and of sufficient quantity. No free alcohol, even on international flights to/from LIM. Transfer in ATL was easy, with airline representatives at the gate to assist passengers in the transfer process. Would recommend, especially if one can get a good deal.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 November 2013 by D White    (UK)

I traveled from Charlotte, NC to Milwaukee, WI and my connection in Detroit was a bit late and there was not time to transfer my suitcases. They did not arrive in baggage claim. But they delivered them 2 hours away in Madison WI on the same day and it was Thanksgiving Day.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 November 2013 by P Fahy    (Ireland)

Flew to New York from Dublin with 2 small kids, Fri 22 Nov and returned Mon 25. I must say I was very impressed. The cabin crew were pleasant and professional. The plane was full and they were kept busy but they really made my daughters feel special, giving them extra cookies, drinks, passing chat etc. Even when one woman decided to go to the restroom a few seconds before takeoff - a potentially serious situation - they were firm but polite as they leaped down the aisle to make her sit down. IFE worked on all seats and while a couple of inches of extra legroom wouldn't have gone amiss it was fine for a six hour flight. A word about the meals. I've noticed many times that the catering supplied by European companies (ie going out) is far superior to what you get coming back from the USA regardless of airline. But that's the only criticism really. Well done Delta. In my experience you're at least as good as BA, KLM and Virgin.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  28 November 2013 by Craig Saunders    (UK)

We flew from Manchester, UK, to Tampa, and as Delta gold members we were upgraded to business and first class, due to coach being full. It was a great flight, great crew and food, 3 days later flew from Tampa to Texas, Hobby, via ATL, in coach. The flights were again great, snacks and drinks, really good service. I feel if you are nice with their staff, they are nice back.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  27 November 2013 by B Ayter    (USA)

I booked a first class ticket using miles about a month ago. The only reason I booked the particular flight (red eye) was because of the 1st class seat options. At that time, there were a considerable number of 1st class seats open. I checked in via mobile 24 hours before-no issues. Got through security-still no issues. When I went to board the plane, I was told when they scanned my boarding pass that I'd been downgraded to Economy (not even Economy Comfort) because I was on a complimentary upgrade. I explained that absolutely was not the case and that I'd specifically booked the flight as a 1st class ticket. The response I received at that point was that "Corporate did it because of an equipment change, we don't know the criteria they used and we can't change it." I took it up to the most senior person I could at the gate and got the same generic answer. I used to be a huge proponent of Delta and have defended them countless times to friends. I will never fly with them again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 November 2013 by A Arriens    (Netherlands)

Good on time performance. Wished to have a second warm meal on board an intercontinental flight then just a breakfast. Very noisy cabin due insulation on the 737. Crew seemed unorganized and hasty. IFE wasn't working properly.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 November 2013 by P Loguda    (USA)

Early November BE flight JFK-CDG. Clean aircraft, competent FA, adequate catering but the Delta lounge at T4 is a disgrace. The complimentary wines are not listed anywhere while the charged offerings are both printed and on electronic pads. Salty snacks only or purchase food. Have they visited their partner, Virgin Atlantic's BC lounge? On time arrival and good baggage delivery. Very limited movies on this flight.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 November 2013 by P Loguda    (USA)

On time departure despite chaotic boarding in BE due to a seat configuration change. FA were quite senior and not well groomed, especially the purser whose uniform was stained. The FA's were very active with service however. Catering good, especially the pre arrival hamburger. Lots of videos although every time there was an announcement (and they seem to make many) my movie reverted to the French language. (CDG-EWR). Pre departure lounge was Air France which was offering a buffet lunch along with many wines, champagne and snacks.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 November 2013 by Julian Leese    (Sri Lanka)

My wife and I flew back to London Heathrow on flight 19 from Detroit. This airline is a disgrace. Very poor food but it was the service from the flight attendants which was particularly bad. They seem to have absolutely no idea of offering a service. Passengers were treated with complete indifference and staff spent most of their time in the galley eating and talking loudly. Never again. Next time I go to Detroit I will fly BA or virgin to NY so that I only need to suffer the short hop from NYC to Detroit. Coincidentally I have a friend who has just taken a flight on Delta from NY to London who also experienced shocking service.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 November 2013 by Destiny Yildirim    (USA)

I have been flying and traveling internationally for over 10 years and after flying Delta for the first time, I will not be traveling for a very long time. Aside from the cramped plane, I was refused food service on my 13 hour flight by the extremely rude flight attendants until I gave in and purchased food items. The flight itself was the absolute worst, 6.5 hours of turbulence triggered my anxiety and when I tried to get my medicine from overhead I was shouted at by the attendants. Deltas entertainment was terrible and needs to be updated, there were 2 small TVs in front of easily over 50 people. When the flight was over there was a half hour delay and I had to catch my next connecting flight. I will never fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  15 November 2013 by D Wee    (USA)

My 7 month pregnant wife and I flew from Chicago to Mexico on Nov 7, 2013, on Delta flight 8048. According to the Delta representative I spoke with on the phone, Delta messed up and rescheduled everyone on this flight to Nov 8 (without telling anyone, and even though the Nov 7 flight still flew). When we didn't show up for our Nov 8 flight in Chicago (since we were already in Mexico since Nov 7 and never knew about the Nov 8 flight), our return flight on Nov 10 was cancelled. We arrived to our airport in Mexico on Nov 10 to find out we had no return ticket to Chicago. The Delta representative was so sorry that she gave us a single 25 dollar gift card to split amongst the 2 of us. This is ridiculous. Why should I ever fly Delta ever again?

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  15 November 2013 by Fred C Brunetti    (USA)

I flew from Chicago to Atlanta. The plane was full, the staff very nice and friendly. My only complaint: the cabin was filthy, it needed attention and the seats were small, I'm a big guy 6 ft and 220 lbs. The flight was a short one, if it had been longer it would have been uncomfortable.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 November 2013 by M Forsyth    (USA)

Worst airline to fly on if you are in the military traveling on orders. First who in the military travels with one bag, that's right we don't we normaly have a few bags and one normaly weighs between 50 to 100 lbs. So why is it that all the other carriers let the military check one bag up to 100lbs no we are not getting over this is the bag that we transport our gear in. The gear that we use to take the fight to the enemy. Come on Delta, get with the program and stop trying to make an extra buck off the military. I guess that's why the military generally uses American Airlines first and Delta only as a last resort. The flight only had a few people on board and when some of them asked if they could move to a vacant seat they were told no.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 November 2013 by S Morgan    (UK)

Manchester - Atlanta - San Diego. Plenty of snacks and drinks served. Lunch was good and enjoyable. Good selection of films, television and music, staff were pleasant and efficient. Temperature of cabin was just right. A very positive experience.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by Tim Masson    (USA)

SEA-AMS-SEA. This last transatlantic with Delta will be my very last. I cannot believe KLM/Air France have partnered with Delta, and I'm afraid I'm unlikely to continue patronising that group unless I'm sure I'm not flying on a Delta staffed plane. The service was just appalling. The seats in economy were very poor. The underseat space was cramped by some electrical equipment, and also very hot as a result. The in-flight entertainment system was not functioning in my seat, or any other seat in our row. The only element of the flight that was any good was the lounge in Seattle which had some space to work and attentive staff.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by J Lee    (Singapore)

BusinessElite SIN-NRT-HNL. Choose Delta only because it offered completely flat beds. B777-200LR flying from SIN-NRT- SIN offers ample legroom when in full recline. However, the 767-300 planes NRT-HNL-NRT falls short for anyone over 6’. In full bed mode, the ‘seat’ tucks into the narrow space of the seat in front of you. My main gripe was the cleanliness of the cabin. Dirtiest Business Class I've ever flown! Cabin Staff were ok, not overly friendly. Pales to any Asian flight crew.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 November 2013 by Tana Hanlon    (USA)

My Husband and I booked First Class. Our plane was finally determined as "Delayed for Catering" for 4 hours. We missed our connection of course. Originally we were told it was due to weather. There were no other flights to get us home according to the agent in Salt Lake City who said "I don't have time to help you, go over there to the phone bank". With no flight, no luggage and no help, we paid for a hotel room, had to by clothes, meals and I hoped our underwear would dry, I washed it in the sink for the next days flight. We had purposely reserved seats together, I have a great deal of flight anxiety. Our rescheduled flights separated us and I cried most of the way home. It's not that we are any better than others but we paid a lot of money for our trip on Delta First Class. We bought the special tickets expecting special service. I'm disturbed with the airlines performance and regard for passengers. I guess we paid for only a larger seat.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  6 November 2013 by N Dinno    (USA)

When my wife and I travel, we usually travel with Delta or Alaska. We always travel first class and so cannot comment on how things are in coach, however we have never been disappointed with Delta traveling first class. They always treat us well from check-in to in-flight. The planes are always clean, and the staff is incredibly attentive. Unlike Alaska, they never skimp on the amenities. They serve full size meals and are constantly checking to see if there is anything else they can do to accommodate you.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 November 2013 by Kieren Perry    (UK)

I have to say that whilst everyone likes to moan about airlines my recent flight with Delta was great on their services from/to LHR-JFK. The food was also excellent on the outward flight, being a vegetarian I requested a special meal and was served minted peas with wild rice and marinated tofu along with a bread roll, cheese and crackers and a dessert. Then just before landing we were served Calzone. They certainly don't let you go hungry! On the return journey however, the main dish was pasted and vegetables which wasn't to my liking at all but it was a late night flight and I wasn't particularly hungry anyway, breakfast then consisted of a cereal bar and a banana. The only gripes I have are that the leg room is cramped - but where isn't it these days! With regard to the on board entertainment whilst having an excellent selection of content was somewhat slow and sluggish and even required re-starting on the return flight. On the ground baggage arrived promptly and check in was also efficient at both airports with staff being courteous and professional. Both flights left before the scheduled departure time and arrived well before their scheduled arrival time in both cases even though on the outward flight there was a delay in passengers boarding. For the price, it was truly excellent.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 November 2013 by Melissa Foley    (USA)

Just flew from BWI to Melbourne FL. Worst flights I have ever had. Both flights were overbooked. The staff were asking for volunteers to take a later flight. The staff were confused and had no idea on what they were doing. They were rude and didn't know their jobs very well. This was both trips with connecting flights in Atlanta both ways. Never will I fly Delta again. One of the staff was standing at the desk telling customers she was nobody and couldn't help anyone. Now that is customer service from Delta Airlines.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  31 October 2013 by F Hintz    (USA)

My husband and I took a vacation back to the Midwest. We flew Delta from LAX to Minneapolis to Milwaukee with the reverse for the return flights. I was really dreading this - I have MS and knew I would be using a wheelchair. Everything was great! Flights were on time and the pilot and crew were so kind, friendly and helpful. My husband and I are tall and we were pleasantly surprised to have ample leg room. Also, Delta did a great job with the video on pre-flight safety notes. No one seems to listen to the actual stewards and stewardesses when it comes to this but the video had everyone's attention in this digital age. I definitely recommend flying Delta.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 October 2013 by S Buntain    (Australia)

SFO to SLC and SLC to LAX in First. Old Airbus 320 on first leg. Interesting no life vests on board, just the 'buoyant' seat cushion. Newish 737-800 on leg to LAX. Excellent service and attention from Hawaiian based crew, best of any American airline I have traveled on. Both flights on time, check in very quick and luggage appeared rapidly. Would recommend.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  28 October 2013 by R Girard    (France)

I flew from Toronto to Atlanta, Atlanta to Cancun and Cancun to Atlanta. The seats were very comfy with a good recline, especially between Atlanta and Cancun. Crew was very polite, but the food choice was very poor. My flight between Toronto and Atlanta was the worst. It was operated by express jet on the behalf of Delta Airlines: poor food was served and the crew wasn't helpful at all. The seats were very hard. Definitely a bad flight. I recommend to fly with Delta airlines despite all, but avoid to fly with it subsidiary express jet.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  28 October 2013 by Jose Gamero    (France)

SFO-LAX, LAX-KOA, KOA-LAX, LAX-SEA, SEA-CDG. Very nice experience (again) with Delta. I love Delta upgrade policies on internal flights, everything is clear and fair, you know at any time why you have been upgraded or not. All flights on time, cabin crew smiling all the time and very professional. Very nice food. Twice upgraded with my ElitePlus status. Delta Economy comfort seats really worth.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Linda Theis    (Canada)

On our outbound flight, the crew ensured some people with "carry on" luggage checked their luggage prior to boarding. It appears that many of these "carry on" suitcases would not fit into the guide at the check in counter. Often these suitcases barely fit into the overhead. We only take on to the flight my husband's CPAP, my purse, his small back pack with his meds, and my carry-on shoulder bag. All these items fit under the seat in front of us. On our way back, people had these "carry on" suitcases, and one woman had 2! Neither of which fit under the seat. I had a man beside me with a large backpack that he did not stow. He left it standing under his legs. As a result his foot was under the seat in front of me! Where are my feet supposed to go? He should have been told to either stow this backpack in the overhead bins if it did not fit under the seat. Then, to add injury to insult, I was going to put my umbrella into the overhead and was told that it may impede stowing suitcases! When the service came around I asked for a Bloody Mary mix, no ice. The flight attendant complained that this would take more than half a can, I don't want ice as it waters down the drink and it's cooled enough. I check all airlines to find the best price I can find. For this trip it was Delta (Alaska). But just because I may find a good price does not mean that I should be treated this way.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Stacia Anderson    (USA)

Oct 17th, Manchester NH to La Guardia NY, flight 6269. Then missed flight 1875 La Guardia NY to Tampa Fl. Just recently flew Delta, delayed in taking off, then was in a holding pattern due to air traffic, and missed connecting flight due to this. Wasn't able to get another flight for 8 hours or so. Will not fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Chris Sanchez    (USA)

In my opinion Delta airline is the worst I have experienced. I am silver, and this is the end of my Delta loyalty. I attempted to hop on an earlier flight several times because I had completed my work in Greensboro early. The lady eagerly said " are you Gold or Platinum"? I said "no, I am Silver." She stated it would be 50 dollars to go on standby, but she is not going to bother because I am silver. With that I was dismissed with a "Next". This is not the first time this has occurred, and I travel for business. For validity sake my flight number originally prior to attempting an earlier flight was DL1384 from GSO to ATL.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Purran Alleyne    (UK)

Took 4 Delta flights 11/10/13, London - Minneapolis - Las Vegas, 15/10/13, Las Vegas - Atlanta - London. First time experiencing flying with Delta and it was very disappointing. Like previous comments booked ticket through KLM/Air France where we have always receive a brilliant service. Wondering why they have partnered with Delta to lower their standards. Flight from London to Minneapolis ever so rude cabin crew. Nobody at the entrance to welcome the passengers and direct them to their seats. Not a single smile and very abrupt cabin crew members. The only good thing was they had a good selection of entertainment at least it kept our mind away from their rudeness. Food selection was average. Flight from Minneapolis - Las Vegas more friendly crew and drinks were offered regularly and adequately which made us really surprise for a domestic flight compared to the opposite for the international flight. On our way back at the airport in Las Vegas when checking in again not a single smile from the ground crew or any welcome. Flight from Las Vegas - Atlanta was fine and crew friendly and adequate snacks and drinks served. International flight from Atlanta - London we were welcome this time at the entrance and were directed to our seat. An unpleasant surprise was waiting for me as soon as I popped down the seat tray in front of me to read. Yes it was messy with food stain and dry sauce on it from the previous flight and has not been clean which put me off eating. I requested it to be cleaned which was done pretty much straight away but no apologies whatsoever from the cabin crew. What was more intriguing was the contrast of service between the domestic and the international flights. Will not recommend it to any friends or family.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 October 2013 by Boris Burshteyn    (USA)

Flight DL241 from Rome to Atlanta. Great flight and service from stewards. We even couldn't fill the 11 hour flight. Great attitude and always busy.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  21 October 2013 by T Denby    (UK)

Poor customer service. Sold my seat to someone who was on standby in a complete and utter shambles mix up. Had to ask people to leave the plane for compensation. Poor attitude of staff, not helpful at all, no empathy for customers situations. Poor service on flights, entertainment not working and having to reboot seems to be a daily problem. Planes were dirty and tired. Food was average, breakfast dire, scrambled egg in a soggy roll after an 8 hour flight. Why not keep it simple with a croissant or pastry or muffin? Wouldn't fly again if I had the choice.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 October 2013 by Michelle Fontelieu    (USA)

My disabled husband few up to PA from Dallas. His flight up was delayed in Atlanta because the plane he was supposed to fly out on lost its navigation system and they had to find another. That was bad enough but on his way home he left Harrisburg and flew into Detroit, when he got off the plane he asked for a wheelchair and help getting to the gate where his connecting flight was departing and was told, "Just go that way and turn left and you will get to the gate." He got no help so missed his flight to DFW because he was not able to hurry. He was re- ticketed and had to fly into Atlanta before he could return to Texas. On the flight from Atlanta to DFW he was assigned a seat in the back. I was told it was my fault that my husband couldn't get a wheelchair because I didn't book his flight as a disabled passenger! Like I said before this is not the first time we have had issues with Delta but it will be the last!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Peter Courtley    (UK)

JFK to LHR, leaving 9.10pm, 12th Oct. Delta 0005. Have just returned from NY to London and can only agree with the negative reviews. The most rude cabin staff I have ever experienced. We actually got our tickets through Air France and I noticed that another partner was Virgin, an airline I use frequently to go to Tokyo with and rate highly. What on Earth are these decent airlines partnering with this outfit for? Food was also terrible and complimentary drink service a joke. The public address system didn't work, I see others have commented the same, why can't they fix simple things like that? They must know it doesn't work, the staff get angry when you ask them to repeat things. A bad end to an otherwise superb visit to the Big Apple.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 October 2013 by Kenneth Mize    (USA)

Flew Delta Connection (ExpressJet) from Gainesville Florida to Atlanta. Flight was on time and actually arrived ahead of schedule. ExpressJet (DBA Delta Connection) much better than when ASA flew this route as Delta Connection.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 October 2013 by J Kell    (UK)

Took 4 Delta flights over the summer, Amsterdam-Boston, Boston-Atlanta, Atlanta-Chicago and Boston-Amsterdam, on each of the flights, the cabin crew were very friendly and attentive (especially the Atlanta-Chicago flight), were relaxed and seemed to enjoy their job. Seats on all flights were very comfortable, and the inflight entertainment on the two international segments was very comprehensive. Plenty of legroom too. Full meal service and hot towels were provided on the international segments, which was much appreciated. Domestically, Free drinks and snacks were offered, which is really all that was required for these flights. I will recommend Delta to my friends and family and look forward to flying with them again, along with their partner KLM, they offer an excellent route network.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Mary Fisher    (USA)

I booked a flight from Denver Colorado to Rochester NY with a connecting flight in LaGuardia. I booked the flight for my grandfathers funeral that was the next morning. The flight was delayed so I was unable to make my connecting flight. Instead they put me on a flight to Salt Lake City Utah to go to Atlanta Georgia to go to Rochester NY. It took over 20 hours to get from Denver to Rochester, there was no compassion for my situation by the Delta airline staff. Horrible customer service. I will never fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 October 2013 by Jeff Wallace    (Australia)

with a group of 86, flying DL16 and 17 SYD-LAX return Sept/Oct, 2013. this is the second large group experience on this route with Delta, the last being four years ago. As in the last, I have nothing but praise for Delta. Check- ins, with lots of excess/oversized luggage, were most efficient and very quick indeed. The ground staff at both terminals were polite, well trained and accommodating. The self check-in computers in LAX were very intuitive and easy to use. Both flights were on time. Inflight service was excellent. Flying the return route in the back of economy, I noted how little wait there was for meals after the service had started. Again, the service was not only quick but accommodating and compared very well to Singapore; my personal benchmark. The food was fine for economy class airline fare. The entertainment options were comprehensive. Perhaps the airline could upgrade its earphones a little. Seating was comfortable. The Comfort Economy which I used on the outward bound trip was well and truly worth the money. Most importantly, Delta has its own terminal at LAX; meaning you avoid the general admissions hall. This is an excellent reason in itself to choose the airline on the SYD-LAX route.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 October 2013 by G Lindegger    (South Africa)

I regularly travel between South Africa and the USA, always on South African Airways (SAA). I have just travelled on Delta from South Africa to Atlanta. Both the ground staff and cabin staff were appalling. Gives rudeness a whole new meaning. Do Delta train staff to be so rude, or is this a criterion for selection to Delta staff. We were offered no headphones. After 45 mins of attempting to get the cabin crew attention we were finally given a broken set of earphones. We again had great difficulty in getting their attention in getting another set. There was no choice of wines. Just a glass of box wine. We asked for a large bottle of water as my colleague and I drink a great deal en route. We were told that this is not allowed! We were assured that cabin crew would pace the plane with offers of drinks all night. Not only was this absolutely not the case, but again it was virtually possible to get their attention at any stage of the night. The supper was moderate. The "breakfast" was probably the worst meal I have had on a flight ever. It was accompanied by a literally frozen salad, so one had to chomp the ice off. SAA offers seats in the emergency exit at no charge. Delta uses this as another opportunity to rip off customers. Delta staff do yourselves a favour and travel on SAA to find out how to offer a high lass service.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 October 2013 by Khansili Nitin    (China)

29th Sep from Shanghai to Tokyo on DL296 and from Tokyo to Shanghai by DL295 on 5th Oct. I took the flight to and fro from Shanghai to Tokyo. it was a nice experience. The safety presentation that they provide is really unique. Food Quality was also excellent. Staff was very polite inside the airline but Staff at Tokyo Airport Check-In counters were rude and unfriendly and I hope Delta can do something about it as it spoils the image of the airline. The flights were on time and my kids really enjoyed the in-flight entertainment.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Adam Mueller    (USA)

My wife and I recently traveled for business, out of 4 flights 2 of the departing flights were late, the second causing us to miss our connecting flight that left early. The flight was scheduled for 12.05 and we were standing at the gate at 12.03, the plane was already gone after we rushed off the plane and across Atlanta airport because this being a Delta hub they can't have planes in the same concourse. We go to the counter and are told they moved us to a different flight without telling us because we weren't going to make our original flight. So they are delaying us 2 hours because they couldn't leave on time for a 8.25 first flight. I politely asked if we could wait in the Delta sky club and was rudely told that it costs 50.00 to use the sky club. I will make sure I will not fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  8 October 2013 by K Stephens    (USA)

October 6 from LAX to ATL-Flight started out fine, nothing really to complain about. The stewards were average, somewhat snooty. Had a good selection of entertainment. Regular snacks on the plain (peanuts, pretzels, cookies). The end of the flight was extremely rough due to rain, but the captain gave some reassurance. Then we landed with only minutes until our next connecting flight to MGM. This is where our trip took a nasty turn. We arrived at the gate with 20 minutes to spare, (our flight was to take off at 8.55) but our flight was delayed 5 minutes so we had some breathing room. Then our flight got delayed another 20 minutes, then another hour, then at 11.45 (sitting in the terminal for over two hours) they cancelled it. We got a rental car that we could have had two hours ago and been home by now.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 October 2013 by Ivan Dzhur    (USA)

6 sectors with Delta in last 3 month. Winnipeg-Minneapolis-Amsterdam on July 10th, Amsterdam-Minneapolis-Winnipeg on August 19th, then Winnipeg-MSP-LaGuardia on August 27th. All flights except one on time, great service provided by cabin crew. On long haul flights hot towels were offered, which is very nice touch. Great food and beverages. Bags delivered promptly on arrival. Delta prices and customer service is definitely competitive. Will fly with them again!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 October 2013 by M Campbell    (UK)

Man to SFO via Atlanta. New York to Manchester via Atlanta. Both Manchester flights on A330 very comfortable, seating is 2x4x2 with each seat having its own inflight entertainment. Other sectors on A319/b737. Service on all the flights was excellent, very friendly staff. A lot better than American. Reserved seats together on all flights when booking saved a lot of problems at check in. Transfer in Atlanta was quick and efficient, well within 90 minutes suggested. Flights were a good deal.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  30 September 2013 by G Stella    (USA)

AUS to JFK, JFK to NCE, flight DL 1972 and DL 0082. Return, NCE to AMS to ATL to AUS. DL 9497 and DL0239 with ATL to AUS DL 0686. I prefer Delta when flying American carriers and they're my no. 2 choice for all airlines, Air France being my no. 1.  In a trip this month to France, flying into Nice, I would have few complaints. An issue I've not encountered before, rather two issues, are the problem of the midplane lavatories next to the exit row seats, and Deltas food service. I'll leave it to the reader to figure the issues with the lavatories, and in fairness, it should be an issue for all airlines flying the 767. Food, however, is a real issue. I have never had worse airline food than these two trips. When a convenience store Hot Pocket rates over Delta's offerings, there is a real problem.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  30 September 2013 by M Whiley    (UK)

LHR-JFK-LAX-LHR (via Detroit). I purchased the tickets for almost £300 cheaper then the British Airways / Virgin Atlantic equivalent - and it was money well saved! To JFK had great pitch in 767 economy, great food drink and snacks and the on demand touch screen entertainment meant the flight went really quick. All the internal flights were on 757s and they were as equally as good and all had touch screen on demand entertainment which I wasn't expecting. It's right to say that American airlines have a bad reputation but my perception has changed and when I come back to the USA next year I will fly delta. The product is on par if not better then the other airlines and would recommend them.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  30 September 2013 by Oyinlola Fashina    (USA)

I have been a gold member for at least one year. I usually fly every 4 to 6 weeks from DCA to Lagos Nigeria. The food service is extremely poor. Breakfast is disappointing, I have now learnt to eat before flying. The airline assumes everyone can eat the cheesy bread served in the AM, the rice has practically no taste and the bathrooms are in such a bad state before we land. I have only been upgraded twice on the economy flights. I ask each time and the response is the same 'you may or may not be upgraded and you will be told at the gate'. I flew Air France on the trip before last and even got upgraded on that flight to economy comfort. Delta really does need to appreciate their gold members. I fly delta because of convenience, but I'm beginning to think it may not be worth it. Bad food with no absolutely no fringe benefits is quite frustrating especially when other airlines offer much more. To fly long distance every 4 to 6 weeks with no benefits are not worth it.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  27 September 2013 by M Heidenfelder    (USA)

Whatever happened to schedule integrity? We booked our vacation to St. Martin on Delta because no overnight flights were required. Then they changed their schedule and now we have to overnight in Detroit on the way home. They will do nothing about this inconvenience and expense.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  26 September 2013 by P Pomeranze    (USA)

LAX-JFK, DL1762, Sep 19, JFK-SEA, DL 161, Sep 22. Business elite 767. Excellent experience especially for domestic service. Truly international service with lie flat seats, duvets and quite good food. Service was efficient and warm. Would definitely choose this again over most other carriers on these routes.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  26 September 2013 by Torracchi Sandro    (Italy)

Seattle (SeaTac) - Paris (CDG): 23 September. Flight was horrible! Low Seat comfort and low quality food. But the worst thing is seat assignment: my girlfriend was behind me and that's how it was for a lot of couples and friends! It's obvious that this is done on purpose in order to earn money from change seat utility during the check-in online.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 September 2013 by R Williams    (UK)

On both outbound (Atlanta) and inbound (Manchester) the controller in my seat did not work (same fault L/R control not working) fortunately my wife was not using hers so changed seats. Really annoying on longer flights. Service good legroom as ever poor. Atlanta airport terminal improved beyond all measure actually pleasurable experience after zoo on previous occasions.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 September 2013 by Betty Pentier    (UK)

I had flown to SFO from LHR trip with Air France, which was fantastic. My return flight with Delta was anything but. SFO-ATL then to LHR. Flight to ATL was really bad. The seats were uncomfortable and old. The cabin crew were average at the best of times. There was no food unless you wanted to pay $10 for a box of candy and potato chips. The inflight entertainment was terrible - there were about 3 free things to watch - everything else had to paid for. After already paying a lot of money for a flight, airlines then try and nickel and dime you for things like entertainment and food. Next was ATL-LHR. This was no better. Seats were uncomfortable and cramped. I'm only 5'2 and even I was uncomfortable. Entertainment was not great, although a step up from the last. The fact that there was no personal controller really irritated me. When the screen is unresponsive, the last thing I want to do on a long flight is have my arm up constantly hitting the screen just to get something to work. The cabin crew, again, were just average. The food was pretty bad and bland. The PA announcements were hard to hear and were of terrible quality. Overall, it was a terrible experience. The only good thing about the flight was their safety/welcome video! This was actually well thought out and funny - I actually took notice of it and watched the whole thing on both flights. Too bad they don't put that much thought and effort in to the actual flying part.