Delta Air Lines Passenger Reviews and Delta Air Lines Customer Trip Reports

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 September 2013 by R Williams    (UK)

On both outbound (Atlanta) and inbound (Manchester) the controller in my seat did not work (same fault L/R control not working) fortunately my wife was not using hers so changed seats. Really annoying on longer flights. Service good legroom as ever poor. Atlanta airport terminal improved beyond all measure actually pleasurable experience after zoo on previous occasions.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 September 2013 by Betty Pentier    (UK)

I had flown to SFO from LHR trip with Air France, which was fantastic. My return flight with Delta was anything but. SFO-ATL then to LHR. Flight to ATL was really bad. The seats were uncomfortable and old. The cabin crew were average at the best of times. There was no food unless you wanted to pay $10 for a box of candy and potato chips. The inflight entertainment was terrible - there were about 3 free things to watch - everything else had to paid for. After already paying a lot of money for a flight, airlines then try and nickel and dime you for things like entertainment and food. Next was ATL-LHR. This was no better. Seats were uncomfortable and cramped. I'm only 5'2 and even I was uncomfortable. Entertainment was not great, although a step up from the last. The fact that there was no personal controller really irritated me. When the screen is unresponsive, the last thing I want to do on a long flight is have my arm up constantly hitting the screen just to get something to work. The cabin crew, again, were just average. The food was pretty bad and bland. The PA announcements were hard to hear and were of terrible quality. Overall, it was a terrible experience. The only good thing about the flight was their safety/welcome video! This was actually well thought out and funny - I actually took notice of it and watched the whole thing on both flights. Too bad they don't put that much thought and effort in to the actual flying part.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Harikrishna Alvakonda    (USA)

My daughter 9yrs, travelled alone from Delhi to Minneapolis under Unaccompanied Minor Program. Starting at Delhi airport, there was an official with my daughter's name placard, he took my daughter along with the paper work and helped my family with baggage. The official at Delhi handed her to the crew in Delta office. They made her comfortable and let her sleep. The flight attendants were always keeping a keen eye on her and ready to assist her. She had a break in Netherlands, where the crew guided her towards skyzone play place with snacks, toys, books and TV. The flight was a bit late - about 20 minutes, but the special services desk advised us that the immigration might take a while longer for her to come out. I feel my experience will help some one in need of the similar situation.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Craig Saunders    (UK)

Our family flew in August, Manchester to Atlanta, on to Vegas. We had a flight time change on first flight, so Delta placed us on later flight to Vegas, but upgraded all to 1st. On arrival at Manchester airport, we knew the flight was slightly overbooked, so they upgraded 4 of us to business class, for no extra, Flight and food service was excellent, we are all medallion members, and I feel it pays to be loyal to one airline if possible.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Linda Stanley    (USA)

We were scheduled to fly LaGuardia NY to Nashville TN, 11.30 am. At 11.15 our flight was cancelled. We were an 8 person group flying for a birthday celebration. Delta got us on a 6.45 flight. With hours of standing around I approached someone in the Delta lounge. Because none of us were members we were not allowed to remain there but the woman who helped us was remarkable! She got all 8 of us our luggage, ground transportation to JFK and on a 3.30 Delta flight. She also made sure we didn't have to pay for our luggage a second tine.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 September 2013 by Volker von Detten    (USA)

Flew from Paris to Minneapolis - economy. Seat comfort and room absolutely atrocious. We were having center seats (wife and I) on row 29. Not only did my knees bump against the seat in front of me but to make matters worse there was no room below the front seat because of a metal box mounted on the floor. We could not even stretch our legs under the front seat. I checked other rows and it seemed that row 29 was the only row that had this condition (Airbus 330). I am 6'1" tall and my wife is 5'10" - so we both got periodic leg cramps. The movie/entertainment system did not work at all - a total farce. Staff was friendly enough but did not care about the problems with the entertainment system. Food was reasonable - because it was prepared in Paris - much better quality than when we flew from LA to Paris. Although that flight was on a 777 - had much better leg room and were able to stretch fully - but that was an Air France flight (tail had Air France marking and not a Delta derivative like coming back). Also on this flight the service and in flight entertainment system was superior - the choice of movies absolutely incredible. So - My advice is when you fly Delta make SURE you are on an original Air France flight AND 777 and not an Air France Delta derivative flying these lousy tiny Airbuses 330.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 September 2013 by P Benz    (USA)

I flew from Atlanta to Amsterdam and back. Outbound I don't remember anything being wrong, flight was ok. But when I flew back? It was the worst flight I've had and I fly a lot. Food: They had only some egg omelette with potatoes and it was disgusting. After 3 beers they wouldn't give me anymore. Flight info didn't work. The light indicating if the toilet was free didn't work on either side of plane. Never again with Delta Airlines.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 September 2013 by J Krinsky    (USA)

ATL-SEA, DL1220. Check-in at curb side was excellent in Atlanta. All flight attendants were friendly and professional. Flight left timely. Baggage was waiting for us on arrival. Lunch was good and included a choice of a hot steak sandwich or a salad with chicken. SEA-ATL, DL1962. Check-in inside terminal was fast and friendly. Again, all flight attendants were friendly and professional. My only complaint was that this flight was on an old 757 with screens on the ceiling to view the movie. Lunch was good and included a choice of a pizza or roast beef salad. In general Delta's flight attendants are much nicer than those at American and United. Delta is a very good airline but has the chance to become an excellent airline.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  19 September 2013 by Elisen-Boodt Joke    (Netherlands)

AMS to JFK, 14th Sep, Flight DL 71. Since my husband is 2 meters tall and suffers from a double hernia, I always book him a comfort seat. As I did on his flight yesterday (09/14). The seat however was broken and did not recline at all, the inflight entertainment system was broken as well. On telling a crew member about the problem, it was laughed away and he was told to "phone China because that is where the manufacturer is located". Hoping it was just this one crew member who was so rude, he reported the problem to another crew member and lo and behold was given the same answer. So after paying more for some "comfort" during this flight, he had to sit straight for 8.5 hours, with no movie to watch or music to listen to and with a crew that I would not even put to work in a fastfood restaurant. No more Delta for us in future!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  18 September 2013 by F Wong    (Hong Kong)

HKG-NRT return. Delta does an early flight to Tokyo from Hong Kong, and an evening flight back, which suits people departing from HK, wanting to take advantage of the vacation to the max. First time trying this airline and on their Business elite class, I must say I was truly impressed. Cabin staff are mostly Asians, charming and helpful, the American staffs are great too. Herringbone design flat bed seat is comfortable, although angled to an odd position where you had to look behind for the window. Good storage space, spacious comfortable seat which lies flat, good food and beverages served on board. Alcohol is free for business elite customers. Some of the Asian cabin staffs are really helpful and we had great conversations. AVOD is fine, nice noise-cancelling headphones are provided. All in all, if the price is right (often they are), this is a very good choice for cheap business class experience.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  17 September 2013 by G Pike    (USA)

How can Delta sell tickets with connecting flights knowing that they don't give you time to get from one plane to the next. I missed my flight thanks to this even though I ran from one gate to the next. I made it to the gate 5 mins before departure only to find the plane was already gone. I was stuck over night because there were no more flights until the next morning. I will never fly them again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  16 September 2013 by S Redfern    (UK)

JFK-Las Vegas return. Both flights arrived ahead of schedule. Good onboard service (although had to pay for drinks and food). 737-800 looking tired with overhead screens. Found out when checking in that needed to pay US$ 25.00 for checked luggage. I didn't know that Delta has gone the No-Frills route. Apart from this it was an ok experience.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 September 2013 by Martin Belk    (UK)

28 Aug, LHR-JFK. Booking and Check In Easy. Hit birds upon takeoff, a known problem at LHR, captain explained everything as it was happening. Cabin Crew completely reassuring, and brought us bottles of water. Captain informed us we were to go back to LHR, return took 2 hours, dumping fuel, getting clearance and immigration. Cabin Crew instructing people on how to rebook, and actively handling everyone's connections. Upon arrival professional, we were called forward by name, we were the only ones without checked baggage. Delta rep met us, gave us new boarding passes and whisked us across terminal 4 and onto a plane for ATL in less than 20 minutes, in fantastic seats with bulkhead legroom.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  14 September 2013 by Harriet Mueller    (Switzerland)

29th July, Switzerland to Seattle with a connecting flight in Amsterdam. Short flight was ok but Delta flight to Seattle was the most unpleasant fight I've had. I was with my husband, 3 yr daughter and 8 month baby boy. The seating arrangement could not work, my husband and daughter where sat in a different cabin, while me and my baby in a different one. We had requested to be sat together. I was not given any belt to connect with my baby who was sitting on my lap. After take off the FA said she would bring me a bassinet for my son. To make matters worse, they could not provide a bassinet for my son so I had to hold him for 10 hrs. Crew served drinks, food and sandwiches, I could not open the tray as I had my son on my lap so they ended up putting food on the floor. I asked to be moved, they said they could not do that. Am now in Seattle and will be heading back home on Monday with Delta Airlines, I don't know how it will be then.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 September 2013 by Michael Klingman    (USA)

We flew out to JNB on DL200 on July 28, 2013 and returned on August 28, 2013. First and foremost, all of the toilets on both aircraft were filthy, starting one hour after departure. We have flown on virtually every major European and Asian airline, and none have had filthy toilets. We fly literally around the world 1-2 times a year and we were appalled at the lack of cleanliness. Having flown for more than 50 years I can never remember 2 flights like our flights to and from South Africa. My wife and I had to wash the soles of our shoes, after rinsing the floor of the lavatory. Never have I had to do that on any other flights. We went to Asia this year on Cathay Pacific Premium Economy and the flight attendants cleaned the lavatories every 30 minutes like clock work. I never saw a Delta flight attendant cleaning the lavatory. Another subject-the so-called headphones are a joke. The top piece of the ear buds came off 5 times on the outbound flight and 6 times on the inbound flight. Why not charge for headphones, even in so called Economy Comfort, so that they can be used on a 16 hour flight? Lastly, the seats were anything but comfortable. Never again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  11 September 2013 by L Sanossian    (USA)

Originally booked (and missed) my 6.40am flight from SFO to LGA (NYC) via MSP in economy. Arrived very late at airport, but helpful counter agent confirmed seats (as opposed to standby) via DTW a few hours later for a $50 fee. Very long B757-300 was completely full - but clean and cabin staff attentive and repeated beverage service. Quick layover in Detroit, and then a 1hr 15min flight on an Airbus A319 to LGA. Good service again and attentive cabin staff. Plenty of room in exit row #9 (not a Delta Elite) Legroom is seldom a problem at 5'7", but YMMV. Zero entertainment options, but not an expectation as it's just a little over one hour in the air from Detroit to NYC. Seat mate's reading light inop, but not a real problem. Decent blue moon beer on each flight for $6. Both flights on time, good value and comfort for what is standard experience for domestic economy these days, especially as the flights are full. Would recommend.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  10 September 2013 by C Jackson    (UK)

Flew with Virgin from LHR to JFK and that was fine but Delta from JFK to LAX was not an experience I would wish to repeat. Chaotic scenes at gate - staff seemed completely disorganised and service on the plane was very poor too. Staff seemed disinterested in their passengers. We were towards the back of the plane and it was very cold - no blankets available for an overnight flight. When disembarking we saw heaps of unopened packets of blankets down the front. Although there was a range of inflight entertainment audio was so poor we were unable to take advantage of it. The main reason why I will avoid Delta in future is that it is takes so long to get through to speak to someone on their customer service helpline and even then the service is extremely poor.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 September 2013 by S Paur    (USA)

Flew from FAR to RIC and back. It was a great trip. My only complaint is short layover times causing me to have to run through large airports to make the connection. Lesson learned. Now I book flights with longer layovers and less stress. Delta's App for android worked superbly.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  6 September 2013 by Simon Adlam    (USA)

PDX-LAX. Evening flight was cancelled due to equipment failure. Delta had me on a connecting SLT flight departing only 15mins later with a 15min connection to LAX. Excellent on the ground service. Best yet, is my checked bags waiting in LA. If I had to run to make connections they did an great job to keep my bags with me. Service was good but need to upgrade business product.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 September 2013 by Shayla McGrady    (USA)

My flight, Delta 7318, was due to depart Rochester NY to LGA yesterday at 6.16pm. Delayed until 7.38pm, then 8.51pm, then 9.30pm and 10.30pm. Delta Customer Service is everything but helpful. This time, I was at least notified in advance that I'd be delayed but once I arrived at the airport, there were still continuous delays. Of course, I was told the reason for the delays were due to weather, but I was also told it was due to air traffic. Once we finally arrived in LGA, we sat on the runway for a half an hour due to "heavy air traffic". When you are already delayed hours past the time you are due to arrive home, the last thing you want to hear is that we are going to sit on the runway for another half an hour. This is beyond acceptable and even more so because it seems to be the only way Delta Airlines conducts itself, poorly. This is everything but efficient and conducive to my time.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 September 2013 by F Paolo    (Italy)

Two different flights: DAL242, CDG-BOS and DAL6055, BWI-RDU-MCO. First operated by a B757, flight was nice, nice crew, nice seat and a nice IFE. I had been doubtful about the seats in a narrowbody for 7 hours but it was like any other widebody (if not better, less people). The meals were good and the crew served drinks and snacks more than one time along the flight. It was a very pleasant flight. Second is operated with an ERJ145 (Chautauqua with DL colors), flight was in time and the crew was again very nice. Only snacks and drinks but in both legs they passed more than one time. Flight in time and the crew gave us information about the stop and the possible transit at MCO. Also this was a great flight.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 September 2013 by Tillette Johnson    (USA)

Scheduled to connect Delta-to-Delta flights from ATL to FAY on 9/1/13. Delta's flight from Ft. Lauderdale was delayed, which in turn caused us to miss our connecting flight. Told to stand in a lengthy line of other disgruntled customers so we could scan our boarding passes to update our flight info. Scheduled for a flight the next day. Back to another lengthy line to try and receive a flight that is at least on the same day. The end of this line is met with a rude and detached individual who proceeds to put us on standby for a flight two hours away. Stand in yet another line and speak with another Delta representative who has no business working in public relations. This scenario would be repeated many times this night. Only to meet with one unsympathetic and belligerent individual after another. Needless to say, we were stranded in that airport the entire night. Because the cause of the flight delay was "weather related," Delta bears no responsibility to accommodate us in any form. Not even so much as a breakfast biscuit. Will make 10 connecting flights to avoid Delta Airlines in the future.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 September 2013 by A Parr    (UK)

Took 45 hours to get back from Orlando due to a weather delay on our first flight and failure to hold a plane in Atlanta for 10 mins despite it being the last plane of the night and there being 22 connecting passengers all on the same plane. Gate staff were rude and unhelpful. Desk staff didn't know what they were doing, initially offering us a route from Atlanta to JFK to Dublin to Manchester. Ended up coming back via Dublin 24 hours later, but others got a direct flight. Told there were no hotel rooms in the area. After much persistence we found a hotel room nearby at 1am. Given vouchers for $25 per person to pay for food for a full 24 hours, which was nowhere near what it actually cost us. Inflight entertainment systems were a problem for many passengers on the way out, though ours worked, but on the way back 3/5 of ours didn't work. There was no apology from cabin crew, we were just told there was nothing they could do about it. The difference in customer service when we switched to Aer Lingus in Dublin for the final part of our trip was excellent! Would rather pay a little more in future and feel that any problems would be dealt with effectively.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  4 September 2013 by D Snow    (Ireland)

I recently flew with my wife and 6 year old from Dublin to Denver via Atlanta with Delta. Flights were all on time. Food was good, seat was comfortable even though I was in economy. Leg room was fine. We had inflight personal TV screens on if seat back with multiple Movies, TV, games etc. The crew were very friendly and provided a great service. In my view Delta is the best airline crossing the Atlantic out of Ireland. Keep up the good work.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 September 2013 by S Gibson    (USA)

Aug 31 203, left Tampa Florida with a connecting flight to Vegas through Atlanta. After 1.5 hr delay in Tampa we were put on a flight to Atlanta, in Atlanta we learn our connecting flight had departed, from there we were sent to customer service - told no other flights were available tonight and there were no hotels rooms available. I'm traveling with my family, there is 4 of us and before we even left Tampa Delta knew that once we landed in Atlanta we were ultimately stranded. Our options are to sleep in the airport until 8am? This is my first time flying Delta, they have been the worst flying experience of my life. The biggest insult of the day? Offered a $50 voucher for our troubles.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 September 2013 by P Maerten    (Belgium)

New York JFK to Brussels. For an 8-hour intercontinental flight, a minimum of comfort can be expected. At terminal 4 of JFK airport, Delta offers customers the chance to skip lines for baggage drop off. You can simply check in your bags outside, which saves you a lot of time. On board the flight, crew members are kind, the food is exquisite and business class offers the possibility to get some good night's rest. On arrival again, Delta employees are awaiting passengers leaving the aircraft to guide them to either the baggage drop off, or to their connecting flight and provide all the information you need. We landed half an hour ahead of schedule.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  3 September 2013 by J Popoola    (UK)

The service was less than average. It kicked off with a delay of our flight from London. Then we were told the plane we were to fly was being cleaned. One of the air hostess was rude to me, and the food was poor. The connecting flight at Detroit did not bother to wait, I was put on the next flight which was several hours away, and no vouchers were provided. The flight from Detroit to Phoenix was also late and the same scenario repeated itself travelling back from Phoenix to London. The economy seats were particularly small, and uncomfortable and the food was less than average compared to flights of a similar price.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  2 September 2013 by Sarah Tiernan    (UK)

Flew Orlando to Manchester via Paris. The worst flight in 30 years of travel. Additional stop added and not notified in Atlanta. Clear they were cramming in three flights into one - gotta save those costs ! As for 'mechanical ' excuse for additional stop/change - odd as three fights were being called to board same plane - doesn't wash with me. The plane from Atlanta to Paris was so old I seriously doubted it would make it. The central panel and trim were loose, it rattled and majority of headsets did not work so the overhead screen (none on the back of seats) were a waste of time. The staff were clearly either fed up or just so long in the tooth past caring as showed complete disinterest at my concerns, as my party of six were split, including two young children. Spoke to other passengers who also had families split and no sound! Absolute disgrace especially as could have got tickets cheaper if had wanted two stops.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  30 August 2013 by Jakob Bengt    (France)

EWR to CDG on a new 767. New business class flat seats that are quite comfortable but very narrow even for a normal sized guy. Entertainment system outstanding - very good and extensive choices. Food is OK. Lounge in EWR quite poor. The crew was exceptionally charming and really tried their utmost. All in all not a bad option on this route, better than AF but Openskies probably somewhat ahead with broader flat seats and very good pre dining service in the EWR BA lounge.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 August 2013 by Brian Smith    (Japan)

NRT-PDX-ATL-RDU-MSP-NRT in business class. Very fortunate to have traveled with no delays or cancellations on all legs. Domestically, the flights are in first class, which is what economy used to be like when I traveled in the 80's. Internationally, the flights are lie-flat beds and quite comfortable. The food and catering is always good. While it's not gourmet, they make an effort and do feed generous amounts and portions. The entertainment isn't quite as cutting edge as it was a few years ago, but still more than adequate. The 767 from NRT to PDX has very, very narrow lie-flat seats that were not great for sleeping unless you're on your back. The 777 from MSP to NRT, on the other hand, is wide enough even for a portly man like myself to sleep on my side. When you fly an American carrier you know what to expect. Delta continues to treat me well, but cannot be compared to international competitors for the most part.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 August 2013 by J Ludewig    (Germany)

Frankfurt - Detroit in Business-Elite, which is great with the new seats, but the quality of the seats is low. The seat would not move until I really shook it. And to return it to the landing position I really had to shake it hard again. The IFE is not working 100% perfect, though the seats were only introduced recently. The controllers probably did not want to understand that 'cheap' could be more 'expensive' in the end. Food is always strange in business. Not sure what the people who create the menu think about their passengers. Detroit - Lax was in Economy Comfort which was ok, not great. The return flight was all first/business-elite and besides the food all was great. We used miles to upgrade, but still cheaper that most other carriers. So Delta (and its partners) will remain my choice.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by M Gallagher    (Australia)

SFO to LAX economy comfort - my first ever flight with Delta and after being somewhat sceptical, have to say I was extremely pleasantly surprised. Dead on time, new aircraft, good room, pleasant crew and very quick and easy check-in. Put my Delta doubts to rest!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by J Joseph    (UK)

JFK to LHR on 767-400. Lines for security horrendous on a Sunday evening at Deltas new T4 with lots of people headed to Europe. Delta don't show this in advertising the new T4! Boarding quick but the economy (dis)comfort seat is not worth paying extra for. No discernible pitch increase and no difference in service. Crew typical Delta - octogenarians mixed with one tall Russian chap who looked and acted like a Bond villain. Food awful, drinks scarce and the breakfast box disgusting before landing. One hard piece of toast with sugar syrup to spread on it and lukewarm coffee you could kill a cat with. Seat as hard as the crews attitude and no cushioning. Fly Delta only if all other options fail. Miserable.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by H Stanzer    (USA)

Flight DL 67 from Zurich to Atlanta. Delay of 7 hours plus. Chaotic situation at check-in. No alternatives offered until insisted to use an alternative partner airline the next day.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  23 August 2013 by P Janoff    (Sweden)

Very chaotic check in at JFK for Europe. We tried to book our seats in advance and noticed that all 3 of us, 2 adults and one child of 9 were seated apart. No one at the gate would help us. Once on the overcrowded flight we found the flight crew rude who made it clear that it would be my job to negotiate with other passengers if I wanted to sit with my family. Long unassisted walk to gate where a bus would ship us off to another terminal. Lousy service from beginning to end. The cabin crew wouldn't leave us in peace, they insisted on making announcements until they were blue in the face.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  22 August 2013 by Colin Renfrew    (UK)

Recently flew from Manchester to Atlanta, and Buffalo return over a weekend. I have read the reviews, and on my last Delta flights I would agree that they need to try much harder. However, my latest experience was vastly different. All flights on time, very courteous crews and ground staff, and delicious food on the transatlantic sectors. So, I'm happy to fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  22 August 2013 by Rohit Arora    (France)

I had a connecting Delta flight from Amsterdam to Detroit. At first we were told that apparently the flight was overbooked and even though we had confirmed reservations, we may not get seats. We were made to wait some 45 minutes before being told that they can accommodate us. On the Delta flight to Tallahassee from Atlanta, I was given a seat separate from my girlfriend. The woman at the counter was extremely rude and told us that she doesn't have any more seats together. What is the point of reserving or even checking-in in advance when they can't assure a seat or assign you a seat number right away! Then, on our flight from Miami airport, the flight was 30 minutes late, we saw passengers from the aircraft exiting through the gate we were supposed to board from. Another first for me. After that, no announcements were made to tell people who did not have US/Canada passports that they need to check with the Delta counter. So they started picking people from the boarding queue to check last minute passport information. Once again, the woman at the counter was extremely rude. Delta needs a lesson in hospitality from middle-eastern airlines and even European airlines who have an impeccable service. My trip to the US was amazing, but the Delta experience was horrible.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  22 August 2013 by M Samuel    (USA)

Seattle-Amsterdam-Mumbai. Flight from Seattle to Amsterdam on Airbus 330-200. It was quite spacious but that is the best I can say about the flight. I was in row 30. The seats had no padding whatsoever and the flight staff were very unfriendly. I asked for a soda and didn't get it until 3 hours later! The food was fair, but some elements of the dish were superb. AVOD was excellent with good choices for entertainment. From Amsterdam to Mumbai was the killer. I think it was a Boeing 767. The seats were all torn up and coming apart. There was no AVOD, only the overhead screen and that broke down for half the flight. The staff were ignorant, and the food disgusting. I made a huge mistake booking Delta and I am never going to fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  20 August 2013 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

Due to whatever reason, my United flight got canceled. Although I had a first class ticket, if I wanted to get to Atlanta from La Guardia, NY the same day, the only option was to transfer to a Delta economy flight. United's appalling quality of service being a separate issue, the Delta flight was also a shocker. The 757-200 was very old. My seat was ripped and dirty. Onboard service? What service! The only bonus was a wifi system that worked well.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  16 August 2013 by G Cueto    (USA)

My red-eye flight from PDX to JFK in Y on Aug 14th was marred by poor customer service, a hot stuffy plane that was completely packed and an uncomfortable seat. I booked my flight more than 2 months out and was still stuck with a middle seat, and call center agents offered no help but instead tried to up-sell various products like priority boarding. Checking in online, I forked over an additional $50 for a window seat (15A) in a section normally reserved for medallion members. Boarding was a laughably chaotic process and I noticed that half the passengers on this sold out flight had "priority" boarding (nothing speedy or "priority" about 50+ passengers trying to board all at once). The seat itself was decent, but the legroom was appalling; I'm 5'10 and my knees were touching the seat in front of me. Add to that a hot, stuffy cabin and non-existent service - I saw one round of beverage service on a 5-hr flight, and no beverage runs after - and you get a truly uncomfortable flight. The experience was in stark contrast to the enjoyable flight I took on Alaska Airlines from Philadelphia to Seattle (non-stop) a week prior.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  16 August 2013 by A Kumar    (India)

JFK-LAX-HNL. Arrived late into JFK, informed by ground staff that they could not guarantee that my bags would make the flight. Given the option to rebook on the next flight, I checked at the gate and my bags had been loaded. The 767 was an international configuration flight with an excellent entertainment system. Aircraft was refurbished and the seating was quite comfortable even by long-haul standards. While I avoid flying economy class long-haul on American and European carriers and stick to Asian ones I would definitely consider Delta. Economy Plus which was sold out on this flight looked particularly spacious. Crew were very friendly. Typical to US carriers Delta offers a food for purchase scheme. I would only ask them to have better healthy options and fresh hot food for purchase on these longer transcon legs rather then snack boxes. Still, crew were efficient and friendly. Arrival in LAX was 30 minutes ahead of schedule and bags were on the belt. LAX-HNL. This flight was delayed 3 hours. Fortunately given the option to switch to the earlier flight and even my economy plus seating was honored. Boeing 757 was in an older configuration with overhead screens. While, nowhere near as nice as the 767, the service once again was friendly and efficient and I made it to Honolulu 3 hours before I was due to arrive. Economy plus seating with extra legroom is an excellent option at a very reasonable cost.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  15 August 2013 by C Bestavros    (USA)

Must be a frequent flyer to get a decent seat. My husband and I arrived at the airport 3 hours early and were told we had to wait to be assigned our seats, even though we were the first of about 10 people to be assigned a seat (10 minutes before boarding which really raised my anxiety level), I was given the very back seat - 20D and my husband was beside me, the couple assigned after us were given seats in aisle 18. I got the no window/no recline seat and he got the one next to the toilet, on both flights. My biggest complaint is they board the front first and work their way to the back, boarding takes so long it delayed us by an extra 30 minutes and both my flights were late - most likely because of their boarding policies. How does it serve the first class if their late too as we have to wait to get seated while everyone in the front is trying to store baggage in the aisles? This is a great airline for people who want to feel privilege at a low cost and don't mind being late all the time. I take this flight 3 times a year and this will be my last I will take the AA flight through O'Hare from now on.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  13 August 2013 by Susan Finsterle    (USA)

My daughter was traveling this weekend from Orlando to Fort Walton Beach, to arrive Thursday night and return Sunday afternoon. That was the original plan and the ticket was purchased and paid for weeks in advance. Connecting flight out of Atlanta Thursday night was cancelled after waiting for more than 2 hours delayed. Hotel voucher and overnight in Atlanta, arrived Friday at noon. Sunday flight we stood in line for more than an hour to check a bag, until they closed the baggage drop off. She re-packed her bag - to take care of the liquids - in line for TSA and, according to them, then her hands 'alerted' for explosives. She was taken to a back room, strip searched, and missed her flight. Neither Delta nor TSA had any apologies for us. She's a teacher and now will not be in class tomorrow for her students. Why make plans?

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 August 2013 by Iain Bagwell    (USA)

ATL-AMS, 8/1/13, A330-300. Traveling with my son. Managed to get first row bulkhead. This flight didn't have the lie flat seats, but I've always preferred the older style on DL. Service always good in BE and this was no exception. I know some complain about DL, but I really feel that service on Delta's business elite product is always well done. On time arrival. Overall a good experience.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 August 2013 by M Villanueva    (USA)

NRT-BKK. Connected to BKK from SEA via NRT. Flight left on time. Upgraded 747-400. Seat was comfortable with the additional leg room and recline in Economy Comfort. The small fee paid for the upgrade was worth it. Food was adequate and choices were available between entrees. Free alcohol in Economy Comfort but did not see many passengers taking advantage of this perk. Lots of overhead storage on this airplane. Flight crew spoke Thai and announcements were made in English, Japanese and Thai. Flight crew did not smile much although service was prompt and attentive. For an American airline flying an international route, the crew and level of service needs to grow more in level of friendliness to compete with Asian airlines flying the same routes. Would choose again if I had to because of cost but not service.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  12 August 2013 by M Villanueva    (USA)

Economy Comfort

SEA-NRT. First time flying Economy Comfort with Delta. The 747-400 cabin was redone and actually had good sized overhead storage. The added inches between me and front seat made getting in and out easier. Inflight entertainment did not work for the first hour of the flight. Once working, the IFE was adequate for a 10 hour flight with lots of music, Western and Asian movies and even games. Added recline for the seat made sleeping a little better but still sitting up while sleeping. Food was adequate and a snack was served between meals and you got a hot sandwich before you landed. Flight crew worked together well but did not smile much. Pilot was good and gave us warning to return to seats with turbulence ahead. Overall it was satisfactory with departure and arrival on schedule.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  9 August 2013 by J Stevens    (USA)

Direct flight PHL to CVG cancelled, automated call just before I was leaving for the airport stating they were rebooking me on a flight leaving 5 hrs later with a layover in NY arriving CVG at 11pm vs my plan of 3.30. Rebooked on a flight through Detroit. Flight leaving PHL was delayed, upon arrival in Detroit I sprinted to my gate to find it just closed and they would not open the door the attendant would even try. They said I had been rebooked on a 735 flight. I didn't receive any notification or update on my delta app. Delta service and attitude toward their customers has become worse since they acquired NW.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  8 August 2013 by Klaudia Tomaszun    (China)

I flew Delta twice these past 2 months. First flight from Beijing was good. Second flight was from Tokyo Narita, arrived early (4 hours before flight), surprised that Delta was open and I could check in straight away without waiting. Staff very competent, polite and professional. Flight itself was comfortable and pleasant (little bumpy- however the captain had given an early notice - I appreciate this as I am not a great flyer). I will definitely use Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  8 August 2013 by Lisa Newbury    (UK)

Just returned from Orlando! Flights were all fine, food good on transatlantic flights, didn't have anything on short hop internal flights so can't comment, staff were friendly (even entertaining at times on return flight), in flight entertainment great, all had our own TV with loads of choice (it did freeze 2 hours before landing at Heathrow but it was the middle of the night and everyone was sleeping anyway so didn't bother us). We flew LHR- BOS-MCO outbound and MCO-ATL-LHR inbound. The only problem was we were delayed a couple of hours at Boston due to thunder storms delaying incoming plane. But nothing that Delta could help and they kept us well informed. I will definitely use again as nearly half the price of Virgin and BA!

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  7 August 2013 by John Hasnick    (USA)

Flew from Cincinnati to Hong Kong and return via JFK. Took an early flight out of Cincinnati to LGA for an early lunch meeting. Aircraft was a tired old CRJ. Full, as usual. Delta really needs to upgrade equipment out of CVG. Flight from JFK to Tokyo left on time. Seats were excellent. However, service was sub par on this flight and they did not help when my overhead light was stuck on during flight. Very difficult to sleep with the light on. Felt quite weary and tired by the time I got into Hong Kong. Return went very smoothly. Got the upper deck on the 747 to JFK. Was extremely impressed by the level of privacy offered. Service was great, and it was possibly the best flight I've had. Naturally, flight to Cincinnati was delayed but we made it back relatively on time. Delta is doing a great job of providing lie-flat seats on all its flights to Asia. Will be doing this route again in 2 months via DTW.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 August 2013 by K Covington    (USA)

I have tried Delta twice in the past year and will not fly them again. They cancelled a flight, which happens in the summer, however, I just happened to be watching the flight status and caught it. They did not notify me for close to 6 hours. It is not possible to book another flight online. You have to call, by the time I got through I could not get on the next flight. Once I did reach a customer service person, she was not very pleasant. The other trip I flew with them, I had a different problem. I arrived at the airport within an hour of the flight departure. I had to wait in line for a few people in order to check my bag. By the time it was my turn, it was less than an hour to flight time and the gate agent would not let me board. She said she could go ahead and send my luggage, but not me. This was at small airport. If there was time to get my bag to the plane, I don't see why I could not have boarded the commuter flight. I had checked in online, but she said I arrived at the airport too late to board. Booked a flight on the spot with another airline, the cost was over $1000.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  5 August 2013 by A Smythe    (USA)

LAX-HND-LAX. Delta knows to stay competitive with international airliners servicing this route, and their economy class service was quite good. There was plenty of leg room on the flight, good meals and pleasant service for both legs of the trip. Haneda routes seem to be red-eye, and the cabin was comfortable. I don't like flying Delta and would not recommend them for domestic US flights, but they do a good job on this particular international route.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  31 July 2013 by M Grace    (USA)

San Diego to Oakland (via Los Angeles) and back a couple of days later. Slight (15 mins) delay in boarding but since there was an hour layover in LAX originally in the schedule, we made it to Oakland on time. Coming back, I gave myself ample time to check in and the flight was on-time. Seats were comfortable, I was on row 10 or 14, CRJ900. My only suggestion is for the flight attendants to get to the beverage service a little bit faster, tended to forget what passengers were asking for and had to keep going back to ask them - not efficient. No refreshments on the San Diego to LA part of the flight (short flight) but refreshments are served from Oakland to LA flight. Ground staff and the baggage handlers were nice and friendly. Some delay on getting our hand carried bags when we deplaned.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  31 July 2013 by R Larson    (Canada)

07/19/2013, DL3655, DSM-YVR. Terrible customer service. Our plane broke down and we were put onto another flight. The airline promised a window or aisle seat and I ended up in the middle between 2 large people. There were empty seats all over the plane and nothing was done to make that long flight a pleasant experience.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  30 July 2013 by M Antinori    (USA)

Wilmington NC to LaGuardia, NY. Received message of cancelled flight 45 minutes before leaving for airport. Rescheduled for flight 3.5 hours later. That flight was then delayed for over 3 hours and eventually cancelled, kept saying it was weather related. Booked us for flight at 6 am the next morning, started taxiing out and stopped for a 45 minute delay. Finally got to LaGuardia and found that our next flight had been cancelled. Instead of leaving at 9.40am, we left at 2.55pm, took over 30 hours to finally get to Toronto. The most distressing fact was we were traveling with our elderly parents (78 Years of age) and Delta was unsympathetic and unaccomodating. Hope I never have to fly Delta again.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  30 July 2013 by J Diels    (USA)

JFK to Amsterdam, Business Class on a tired but refurbished 767. Departure was 45 minutes late and 2 agents at the gate refused to make any announcement as to new departure time. New truly shrunken pods with full-flat seats that are painfully narrow. Tiny old LCD screen. There were four dinner selections and one cold-plate. I was in the 3d row and informed that neither the cold-plate nor 2 out of 4 selections were available really? What I ended up with was a hair above coach and I returned it. Cabin staff was good however. I've flown Delta Biz for years and while never up to the standards of the competition this was really pathetic. If you add the new JFK Delta terminal (a nightmare) and the ticket price there is no reason to fly Delta to Europe.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 July 2013 by C Abraham    (USA)

Flew DTW to LHR and AMS to DTW - Food was plentiful and tasty, seats were lay-flat and I slept well for a few hours. I didn't spend much time using the entertainment system, so I can't comment on that. Business elite passengers are first-on, first-off, first to get luggage, first in line at customs. No complaints at all. Skylounge at DTW was self-serve and comfortable.

Delta Air Lines Customer review :  29 July 2013 by R Sager    (USA)

Our family of six took Delta from Milwaukee to Atlanta. A nice layover let us all eat to prepare for the connection to Montego Bay, Jamaica. Everything actually went very smooth at Milwaukee Airport as it always does. No problems with staff, baggage or seating. The transfers at Atlanta with timely and easy. The flight and communication with staff was very good. Actually the return was the same. I have nothing to complain about on any of the four flights we took. I would consider them first again. Especially after reading other reviews of many airlines on this site.