Allegiant Air Passenger Reviews and Allegiant Air Customer Trip Reports

Allegiant Air Passenger Trip Reviews

Allegiant Air detailed 3-Star Ranking

Allegiant Air Aircraft Seat Plans

Allegiant Air Economy class seat reviews

Allegiant Air Customer review :  24 February 2014 by T Kessler    (USA)

Since this is the only airline that flies from Harrisburg, PA (MDT) to Clearwater/St Pete, I am stuck flying with them. I have flown many times with Allegiant and not once have they been on time. The least amount of time that the flight was delayed, 3 hours. I have learned my lesson with Allegiant. Expect nothing. Rude service, extremely long check-in lines, horrible seats, nothing, not even a bottle of water is free. I am actually scheduled to fly today. Flight 803, 10.47am. I have now been advised the flight is leaving at 5.03pm.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  20 February 2014 by David Jay    (Canada)

We flew from Bellingham to Palm Springs over the Christmas holidays. It snowed the day we were leaving, we made it to the airport okay for the morning flight and waited for them to clear the runway. Allegiant kept delaying all day and in the end cancelled the flight. We had to spend almost 2 hours on the phone waiting for customer service to book us on a flight the next day which left in the afternoon. Again, delayed over an hour, and so we lost two days of our vacation. On the way back from Palm Springs we were delayed a couple of hours as well. The line to check in was ridiculous. Every other airline has multiple agents and no line-up.. Allegiant one or two agents and over an hour line-up (both ways). On the way down we were a couple of lbs. over the limit with the check-in luggage and they said, no problem. On the way back they said, even if you're 1 lb. over you have to take something out or they'd charge us. This is the one and only time I will ever fly with them.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  18 February 2014 by D Johnson    (USA)

Holiday trip a real bust on Allegiant Air. Our departure was delayed two hours from Youngstown to Punta Gorda. The snack bar and restaurant at the airport were closed. When the flight finally departed there were no snacks or food left on the aircraft due to the lateness and not taking the opportunity to restock. The seating is uncomfortable. I'm 6'3" and my knees were banging on the seat ahead of me the entire flight. The seatbacks do not recline so you are stuck in a stiff upright posture the entire flight. It's like riding in a cattle car. I will not fly this airline again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Garth McAlister    (Canada)

This is without a doubt the worst airline I have been on. The aircraft was filthy, the flight attendants surly and rude, and the service awful. The aircraft took off from Las Vegas bound for Bellingham without an adequate fuel load and we had to land in Portland to refuel. I will never fly this airline again and encourage others not to as well. I would rather pay twice the fare that Allegiant charges and have a pleasant flight, feel safe and not have to tolerate rude and surly flight attendants.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  17 February 2014 by A Scot    (USA)

Recently flew out of PIE. Surprisingly we left on time, even arrived early. Even though they said we had a tailwind behind us, I think it was more like less planes traveling that day because of a snowstorm. I had the time for this flight and was actually prepared for their tardiness and was pleased to be on time for once! Would recommend because of price but be prepared to be late.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  17 February 2014 by D Berens    (Canada)

We were scheduled to leave Grand Forks to Sanford Orlando on January 27th. We had a storm to drive through and highways were closed. We managed to reach the airport with little sleep and were boarded on our plane at 10.30am. We were onboard but were then taken off the plane due to a flat tyre. They told us they would try to fix the issue, and then we were told that we were going to fly out that day. After waiting at the airport until 3.30pm they told us the flight was cancelled until the next day. They put us up in a hotel but only one room per booking. We were told we would leave at 8am then got bumped to 8.30am! Not impressed! Not sure if I would fly with them again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  15 February 2014 by Michael Walsh    (USA)

Orlando/Sanford to Belleville, Il. Feb 9. I have 2 million plus miles on the 3 major carriers and flew Allegiant Air for the first time last Sunday. I was pleasantly surprised by my experience. Flight was a few minutes late, but with the snow that was fine. The crew was great and I enjoyed my conversation with the flight attendants. I have no issue with pay-as you go. I will fly them again!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  15 February 2014 by Mark Van Hoven    (USA)

My wife and I flew with them in November out of Grand Rapids Michigan for the first time it was the worst experience I've ever had. The 2 staff members behind the desk at check in claimed to be travel agents were also were rude and angry! Our flight was cancelled, no one was at the gate to provide any information, we ended up missing our cruise. On our way home our flight was cancelled 8-10 hours and airline offered $50 voucher.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  14 February 2014 by K Lee    (USA)

My son traveled to Honolulu in January to see his girlfriend. He is a college student so budget is key. The flight home was delayed 7 hours then cancelled until the next day. When he arrived at the airport, in plenty of time, there was no-one at the desk. He didn't have a boarding pass because there wasn't an option to print it for that flight. The airport customer service called the gate and told them a passenger was waiting - they said they would come and get him. No-one came - he missed his flight. To top if off the next flight out was 2 days later. I was told by the central office that they do not have a reciprocal arrangement with other airlines and there was "nothing they could do". The low prices may be appealing but in the end you end up paying more. Good, discount airlines are a great alternative, but Allegiant Air has missed the mark.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  14 February 2014 by Janet McAfee    (USA)

Due to locations served, I have flown Allegiant multiple times. Flights have been routinely delayed by hours or rescheduled to the next day. I couldn't believe they flew in and out of Asheville, NC on the morning of Feb 13 in the middle of winter storm PAX. Both Delta and US Airways had cancelled their flights. I couldn't get to the airport to catch my flight. One of the few times Allegiant flew on time.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Kathy Lynch    (USA)

My flight was 4 hours late when I departed Youngstown to St Pete, then to top it off 7 hours late on the return trip. No weather conditions, just lousy service. Everyone involved with this airline is miserable.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Loras Pape    (USA)

Thursday 1/30/14 Rockford, IL to Punta Gorda, FL. My wife is claustrophobic, purchased a front seat to help her, plane was delayed 7 hours, when boarding a different style plane, they made open boarding and we lost our seats. We arrived at 11pm, ruined our trip, had to fly home early, purchase all new tickets home for another $220 each, had to rent a car from Peoria, IL to Rockford for another $150.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 February 2014 by K Hockemeyer    (USA)

Over the last 6 years, I have flown Allegiant 39 times - all PIE to FWA. with few exceptions, I would rate them as good to very good, however, in the last 2 months (Dec 2013 - Jan 2014), the service has been deplorable! The last 3 flights I've taken with them have followed a similar pattern: 2, 4, 6 hour delays then cancel and re-book the next day. My sense is that they've grown too fast and their infrastructure can't keep up with their flights, but, it ultimately comes down to poor management. It's too bad - this was an excellent, convenient flight. I'm now forced to look at other options.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  5 February 2014 by Mark L Saylor    (USA)

Feb 2nd 2014. Had a flight at 12 out of SYR, got the 1 and only email saying the flight was delayed until 1.45. I get to the airport at 1 to have them tell me the plane hasn't left PIE (Clearwater) yet. We then didn't board until 4.45, sat on the plane until 5.30 until we finally took off. They served us 1 slice of cold pizza. We finally touched down at 8.30. I have a return ticket for this Thursday, I purchased a ticket to fly United instead. Staff not friendly either. I will not fly Allegiant again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  4 February 2014 by M Bellamy    (Canada)

Don't fly Allegiant day after Super Bowl, two crews flying out of Phoenix Mesa failed to show up resulting in significant delays. AZA to GTF delayed at least 4 hours and counting. Weather fine at both ends of flight. Obviously no backup crews. Communication of delays is poor. Flights are inexpensive but airline may be operating over it's head. Could be an airline with a bright future if it can sort out it's operational issues. They did offer refreshments and food voucher after 2 hours of waiting.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Nicole Barker    (USA)

If you believe the prices are too good to be true, thats because they are! The last time I flew with them I was stuck in Punta Gorda for over 8 hours at the airport. They said the plane had a malfunction and that they had sent for another plane. The other plane never showed and they finally fixed the plane we were supposed to travel on almost 9 hours later. Today I was supposed to fly from Asheville to Punta Gorda. I received 5 different text messages delaying the flight hour by hour. Finally, when I did not receive a text and the plane was supposed to leave at 2.20, I went to the airport only to find out that the plane that was supposed to pick us up, had not even left Punta Gorda yet due to "cloud coverage". Allegiant did not notify any passengers of this until they all arrived at the airport thinking the flight was finally on time. After about an hour I received a text stating that the flight was cancelled, but with no time or information on when or if it would be rescheduled. I would much rather pay the extra money to travel with an airline you can trust.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Kristina Driver    (USA)

Flight813 from Roanoke to St. Petersburg on1/26/14. Return Flight812on 1/30/14. My husband and I flew down to Florida from Roanoke, VA last week. It was perhaps the best airline experience I have had in decades. The reservation process was excellent with the site being easy to navigate and all details being clearly explained. We paid for pre-assigned seats, and for one carry-on each. We printed out our boarding passes prior to arriving at the airport and everything was a breeze. We had early arrivals and the flight was comfortable. I will definitely travel through Allegiant Air in the future when going to Florida.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  3 February 2014 by K Delliveniri    (USA)

I have been at the airport since 6.45am. There are roughly 6 planes worth of people stuffed into an airport meant to hold 2 planes worth. There are no restaurants, just a snack shop in the corner that ran out of sandwiches 2 hours ago, they do serve alcohol, which isn't really making it's patrons calmer. All of the chairs are full, and people are occupying the floor and every standing and leaning space. I believe there is only one bathroom, but if I get up to investigate I might lose my seat. The only information booth with actual people is located outside of security, so we are all essentially trapped in the terminal. Details are being delivered through an intercom system run by unapologetic staff. They assure us there is no new information, and that our planes are unable to land at the airport because of cloud cover or leave their prior destinations because of rain.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  3 February 2014 by K Jones    (USA)

Round trip from Spokane, WA to Honolulu, HI was late 3+ hours each way. All delays were caused by Allegiant. This caused delays for our anniversary trip and generated over $400 of additional costs. Even though all delays were incurred by Allegiant they offered no complimentary services. Will never fly this airline again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  31 January 2014 by B Seddon    (Canada)

I recently flew from Niagara Falls NY airport down to Florida for a week. The plane we had was an older one, no entertainment, washroom could have been renovated. I felt this crew were not as professional as others I've observed. No coffee, tea or water, glad I had brought my own. We were a little late taking off, because of de- icing. Upon coming back, I was only a few lbs over with my luggage, but got charged 50 dollars. There are too much add-ons for this airline. Overall, this was the worst experience on a trip I've had.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  31 January 2014 by Brenda Brown    (USA)

We had a direct flight from Bangor to Punta Gorda on 1/29/14. Flight was on time until we entered the aircraft, then told that our direct flight would be diverted to Allentown PA to refuel. Finally left Allentown and told it would be 3 hours to Punta Gorda. 4 hours later we were descending into Punta Gorda almost ready to land and the plane suddenly started climbing again, 1 hour later we were told that it was too foggy to land at Punta Gorda and we didn't have enough fuel to hang around and wait for it to clear so were going to land in St Petersburg. After landing was on the tarmac another hour waiting to get to a gate. 6 busses and 3 hours later we were taken back to Punta Gorda.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  31 January 2014 by Mary Bragg    (USA)

My sister in law was on a direct flight from Bangor, ME to Punta Gorda, FL. Instead of a direct flight they had to stop in Allentown, PA. Then headed down to Punta Gorda, FL. which original was suppose to land at 4.30 pm but because of the stop in Allentown, PA. they changed it to 6pm. When they got to Punta Gorda, FL. they wouldn't land and flew up to St. Pete, FL. Finally put them on buses and bussed them back to Punta Gorda, FL. They were not told what was going on and had no food or drinks and were made to stay on the plane. Arriving in Punta Gorda, FL. at 11.30 pm. No one told the people waiting to pick the passengers up what was happening and if asked one person would tell you thing and someone else would tell you something different.