Allegiant Air Passenger Reviews and Allegiant Air Customer Trip Reports

Allegiant Air Passenger Trip Reviews

Allegiant Air detailed 3-Star Ranking

Allegiant Air Aircraft Seat Plans

Allegiant Air Economy class seat reviews

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 March 2014 by David Macvey    (Canada)

Scheduled to fly Bellingham to Honolulu (7pm) on Feb 17, 2014 and sat in the departure gate and listened to a few delay messages before the staff member at the gate desk vanished. An hour later, I went searching for an Allegiant rep to update us. Then told the flight was cancelled - rumour had it that the flight crew did not have sufficient hours to complete the journey. This stranded a full plane load of passengers. I can understand and support the safety reasons that support the crew not flying but I think this indicates very poor management. We were provided hotel accommodation and flew out the next day at 12 noon. We and many others lost the prepaid hotel payments for the night of the 17th we did not show.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 March 2014 by Ian McCallum    (Canada)

March 3 scheduled flight from Palm Springs to Belingham. The rescheduled flight departed as advertised on March 4 and landed on time. Some apologies from airline staff about previous day's snafu, but no explanations tendered. On arrival at Bellingham, I learned from other sources that there had been many cancellations, due to ground fog and poor visibility at Bellngham airport. If this was indeed the reason for Allegiant's problems the previous day, they never mentioned it. Returning March 6 from Bellingham, online check-in didn't work for me, forced to wait in line for nearly an hour to get boarding pass. Actual flight left and arrived on time, no untoward events. If Allegiant was more forthcoming, keeping its clients properly informed of what was happening, they could save a lot of the ill will and frustration they engender among their clients when things go wrong. My previous recommendation stands: if you want cheap fares and time is not pressing, they're ok, otherwise choose a more expensive and hopefully more customer-friendly airline, such as WestJet.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 March 2014 by J Peters    (Canada)

Las Vegas, NV to Grand Forks, ND, I arrived at the terminal 2 hours before my flight was scheduled to depart. I had checked in online prior to arriving at the airport so that all I would have to do was drop my bags. I was herded into a pen with hundreds of other Allegiant travelers and subjected to an Allegiant Airline agent who took great joy in yelling at everyone to check-in online so that they could be fast-tracked to a different holding pen. Many of us tried to explain that we had already done so prior to arriving at the airport - but it was to no avail. Eventually (25 mins later) we were divided into two lines. One for those of us who had checked in online and one for travelers who had not. Standing in this new line, the same agent began yelling for travelers who were supposed to be going to various destinations - supposedly in order of departure time. Those travelers were fast- tracked to the front of the online check-in line, regardless of whether they had actually checked-in online or not. Even though some of those travelers were "fast-tracked" - many missed their flights. I ended up playing dumb and getting in line with some people who were leaving on a flight that was scheduled to depart before mine - just so that I would not miss my flight too. When I got to the counter the agent I dealt with lectured me for being late and wrote "late" all over my boarding pass and bag tag. I ran to security and then on to my gate just to make it in time. I have no idea how many missed the flight. Next time I fly - I will be looking at all other airline options before I even consider Allegiant.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  6 March 2014 by Chris Brisson    (USA)

Scheduled on 2/17/14 to fly from Newport News to Orlando/Sanford at 5.46pm. At 4pm we received a message the flight was delayed, followed by information it was on time for departure. Checked in and then notified it was delayed an hour. We then had 3 more delays and by 11pm we were ready for boarding. It got worse from there as the flight crew walked off the job. They had to piece a crew together for the flight to Newport News. So we then boarded the aircraft, they announced we needed to hurry up or they would not fly. This was just frustrating by this point, seemed rude way to approach the situation when they were at fault for the longer then expected delays. 7 days later we were set to return, at Orlando/Sanford it was really disorganised at check in and you could only check in when they announced they would allow you to do so. Last but not least we were able to check in, we had 1.5 hours until departure and decided to have lunch. Then we got notification our flight was delayed. After a 2 hour delay we boarded and the pilot apologized for the delay. Sometimes you pay for what you get and don't understand how they are still in business. Poor communication, rude from my experience and how they treated other customers.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  6 March 2014 by N Lewis    (USA)

I was involved in the debacle that was at the Bellingham Airport the week of Feb 23rd due to the snow. Allegiant has poor communication, terrible customer service, hold times of 2 hours or more when calling on the phone, flight text alerts do not work to tell you that the flight is delayed/canceled. Flights still said on-time when checking online even though they were delayed or canceled once you got to the airport and were waiting in the terminal. They will not pay for hotel accommodation. Spent a total of 18 hours waiting at the airport in regards to the departing flight as well as the flight back to Bellingham. The funny thing was the whole time Allegiant was scrambling around trying to figure out what they were going to do, Alaska Airlines flights were all having no problems landing and getting off the ground. This is by far the worst travel experience I have ever had.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  6 March 2014 by Jeremy Laxton    (USA)

Flight 729, Little Rock to Orlando, March 2 2014. We arrive at the airport early to find out that our flight is delayed. No one can give us any answers on the status of our flight. Our original flight was suppose to depart at 5.50pm, we were finally able to board at 10pm. Once we boarded the plane they made us wait while they de-iced the plane. After 45 mins we push back from the gate to be de-iced. We wait another 30 mins for the de-ice truck. After a 2 or more hour wait we are brought back to the gate to de-plane. This takes another 30 mins or more before the her bridge is even brought to our plane. Once off the plane all they tell us is sorry, be back tomorrow morning at 10am, our flight is scheduled to depart at noon. They do not tell us which baggage claim our bags will be located, we just have to wonder around baggage claim until we find it. This is another long wait. The next morning we are notified that our flight is delayed from departing at noon to now at 4.30pm. We have now lost 2 of our vacation days, money spent on hotels and money on rental cars. You may pay more with other airlines but you will have a better chance making it to your final destination.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  5 March 2014 by J Jerger    (USA)

I flew last month and the experience was not pleasant. The flight from St. Petersburg/Clearwater, FL to Greenville, SC was scheduled to leave at 9am. The evening prior to our departure we received an electronic communication of the flight being delayed to 1pm. I was appreciative of the communication until I showed up to the airport only to find that the flight was delayed again until 3.30. This time I received no communication and the board at the airport, as well as, their website still showed a 1.00 departure time. As if that wasn't enough, after paying for a seat assignment they could not honor it due to using a different plane. So it became open seating. Unfortunately, it appears from their rude demeanour the ground staff do not care about their customers. The only bright spot was the flight crew! They were very good to passengers! All in all, I may have to fly from a different airport in the future which is sad because I frequent this area and prefer the regional airport, but if Allegiant cannot be more dependable then I will fly an airline that cares about my business.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  5 March 2014 by L DelVecchio    (USA)

Fly from MDT to Orlando/Sanford. Check in was a little rough due to no one delegating which line was the line for people who already checked in vs people just arriving and not checked in ahead of time. Flight left on time. Seats weren't anything special but it's an airplane, not your living room sofa. Flight attendants were helpful and nice. The airline is a discount airline, so you're going to get charge for the "frills". You get a discounted ticket but you're going to end up paying for the extra stuff, right down to the seating and bags. Our flight back to MDT was delayed 2 hours but the weather was bad that day with snow up North and thunderstorms down South. Not much anyone could do with that setback. All in all, I'd use them again and even suggest it to people I know could handle it.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  5 March 2014 by D Smith    (USA)

Feb 28, return Mar 3, 2014, Springfield MO to Clearwater/St Petersburg FL. Outward leg on an Allegiant A320. Brand new seats, but seats very uncomfortable and small seat pitch. Very small tray table, not even large enough to hold a laptop and a beverage at the same time. These seats are perhaps the worse seats I have encountered. Slight delay due to computer errors, pilots had to reboot the computers. Three delayed flights arrived same time in St Petersburg, and our luggage did not arrive in the terminal for an hour and 20 minutes. Return on Miami Air International- sub contracting for Allegiant. 737-800 aircraft, better seats and room, plus given bottled water, pretzels and cookies. No issues on return flight.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  5 March 2014 by Ian McCaalum    (Canada)

Booked to fly PSP-BLI Mar 3 on flight 211, leaving 7.12 arriving 10pm. Received recorded phone call and email that morning that there would be 4 hour delay, flight would now arrive at 2 am. Later same day, received further phone / email that departure time changed to 10.15 from previous 11.15pm. On arriving at waiting lounge at 9.15pm, found departure now back to 11.15. Eventually, announcement about cancellation made over PA system. Two harassed and overworked employees dealt, reasonably well in the circumstances, explaining about replacement flight next day and providing overnight accommodation to those who needed it. I have frequently travelled Allegiant in the past, but have suffered two very bad delays so far in 2014. Their planes are old and possibly more subject to mechanical defects, their spare planes and aircrews are few, ground support staff are seldom to be seen and apparently not well informed on operational problems. Allegiant's prices are cheap, if you are traveling light and prepared to put up with frequent and lengthy delays, but if dependable service is what you want, pay up and go elsewhere.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  5 March 2014 by S Toop    (Canada)

March 4, 2014 - we returned from trip to Las Vegas on Allegiant, it was a 2 day delay going down and a 5 hour delay on the return. I have never had such bad service. Do not be fooled by the cheap prices they don't care about the passengers and are only there for the money. Our vacation was ruined as we lost 2 days of our trip. When we finally got on board after waiting over 40 hours they would not even pay for our drinks.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  5 March 2014 by Wilson Ray    (Canada)

We travelled to Punta Gorda Fl. on Feb 10th and returned Feb 28th. Both flight were on Miami Air and went smoothly, we were given complimentary pretzels and water both ways. Allegiant and Miami staff were friendly and helpful, the seats on the 737 had plenty of leg room.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  3 March 2014 by J Long    (USA)

Flew back from Mesa on one of their newer, larger planes. The seats were the most crowded and most uncomfortable I have endured! In theory Allegiant is convenient and affordable, but the reality is that they nickle and dime you to death, miss scheduled times on a regular basis, and now abuse and insult their passengers with terrible seating!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  26 February 2014 by R Morris    (Canada)

Allegiant is a budget airline and the old saying that you get what you pay for applies. We were delayed 2 days and they made us sit in the airport for hours before finally cancelling and only send an email to tell you the rescheduling time. They also don't tell you that email is how you will be notified. The flight attendants chew gum when serving people which looks highly unprofessional. When you try to call to rebook you can expect a long hold. I found some of the agents to be very helpful and others not. It would have to be a pretty huge saving for me to pick this airline again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  25 February 2014 by J Allen    (USA)

Ft. Lauderdale, FL. to Greenville SC. and back. Both flights on time. Crew professional and information from flight deck twice during flight. Clean aircraft. Would fly again and would recommend Allegiant Air.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Margaret Schram    (USA)

Flew this airline for the first time, Feb 13th from Clearwater, FL. Flight was delayed 1 hour and we were notified the night before. The flight coming home was a different experience. Flight was delayed 3 hours, got the notification 2 hours after the first delay, we had to be at the airport at 6am for original flight. The airline had to change their aircraft due to mechanical difficulty. My daughter is flying to SC in March because she is in a wedding the following day, already got notification her flight is delay 5 hours, can't take the chance for anymore delays.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Cliff Boyce    (USA)

My wife and I were supposed to fly from Asheville NC to Fort Lauderdale on Feb 14, for our first cruise which was to leave on the 15th. Allegiant delayed the flight until 8.30pm then cancelled the flight. The next flight was rescheduled for Saturday 16th February, one day after our ship left port! We had to drive our car 12 hours to Fort Lauderdale to make our cruise which we did! Our drive back was uneventful allowed us to overnight in Savannah GA, thank goodness because the return flight to Asheville was delayed we made it back home before the plane did! Fly Allegiant at your own risk.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  24 February 2014 by R Morrissey    (USA)

Flight 645 to Sanford FL, 4 hours late. "Crew" issues apparently. Got in so late that the Avis counter was about to close after waiting for us well beyond their closing time. Flight 644 back home. Another 3 hours late. Heard crew and/or weather related issue. First and last time I fly this mess of an airline. I was excited that they offered an inexpensive, direct flight to Florida. Now I know why. Talking with others in the terminal (customers as well as non-Allegiant terminal staff) I learned this is the norm for them. If you value your vacation avoid at all costs especially if you have something time sensitive waiting for you on the other end.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  24 February 2014 by G Schurman    (Canada)

My husband and I travelled to Florida from Bangor recently on an Allegiant flight. Staff friendly, and everything else was very satisfactory. We were leaving in poor weather, so the plane had to be de-iced. That meant our departure was delayed for one hour. When we compared the cost of flights from other departure points and with other airlines, there was no comparison for value for money. And the fact that the trip was non-stop was a real bonus. We would definitely fly Allegiant again!