United Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"We will never use United ever again"

Trip Verified | My husband and I booked United from our trip back from Saudi Arabia. It was from Chicago to Minneapolis. They put us in two different seats. My husband asked the crew member to put us together. She was super rude and said now, he needs to sit where his seat is at. He said ok I will just wait for the person who’s placed next to my wife and I will ask to switch the seat. She replied no while rising her voice at him. She told him to seat where he’s scheduled to be. The person who was scheduled to seat next to my husband agreed to switch with us. We thanked him and I got to seat next to my husband. She came to the guy and was like sir you didn’t have to do, but I will give you points on your mileage or whatever she was talking about. Through out the trip which was 1 hr and 4 minutes to MSP she was loud and rude to us. We will never use United ever again.
Date FlownMay 2022
Seat Storage 12345

"change your seat have to pay but in the middle"

Trip Verified | I have been traveling for united airlines for many times, but they always have the most horrible service. Their customer service is very rude. I think that they very soon expect that the people pay for their services helping the people. I asked them about another seat because I am very tall and their answer was if you need to change your seat have to pay but in the middle.
Date FlownJanuary 2022
Seat Storage 12345

"Cramped seat in so-called Polaris class"

Trip Verified | Cramped seat in so-called Polaris class. No room for legs with seat fully extended. Worst business class seat ever. United should just rip out these seats and start over again.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787
Seat Layout1x2x1
Date FlownJune 2021
Type Of TravellerLeisure
Seat Storage 12345

"first class seat 4A is OK"

Trip Verified | The first class seat 4A is OK. The seat recline comfort and armresting is average. It's spacious enough, and fairly comfortable. However, the leg for say someone taller might be an issue with knee room restrictions. I'm 5'10. Especially, if the person forward of you reclines all of the way without any considerations. Bear in mind though that the row behind you is an economy one. There is NO physical bulkhead separation on these aircraft. Sometimes you'll get someone with happy feet kicking your seat. I hate this inconsiderate behavior. Knowingly or not. The direct overhead space (left aircraft seats with "A" designation. i.e. 1A, 2A, 3A, etc...) is for very small items. Like a coat or jacket. The overhead space in say seat 4B, you can fit a pretty good sized regulation carry on like a 22x14x8" or a good size back pack NO problems. All in all, the EMB 170/175/190's is a much more comfortable aircraft than say the older, very cramped ERJ135/145 regional jets.
Seat TypeFirst Class
Aircraft TypeEmbraer 175
Seat Layout1x2
Date FlownJanuary 2021
Seat Storage 12345

"seat was new and comfortable"

(Poland)

Not Verified | Boeing 767-400 seat was new and comfortable. A lot of place (I'm oversize). The inflight fun system was new, and movie offer was on a high level.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 767-400
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Outdated seats"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Outdated seats, No footrest. Entertainment system about as old as possible with failing control dials in the armrest. The product is only matched by Copa Airlines, making travel choices very hard to Central America and part of South America, based on comfort value.
Seat Layout2x2
Date FlownJanuary 2020
Seat Storage 12345

"We have yet to receive a refund"

Trip Verified | This review is about United's seat purchase option. My wife and I purchased particular seats on a flight to Maui so that we could sit behind other members of our family. We paid $29 for an aisle seat and $19 for the middle seat. Those seats were on our boarding passes when we checked in the day before. But at the time of the flight they were taken away. We have yet to receive a refund of cash paid. Beware of exercising this option: it is no guarantee of getting the seat you purchase!
Aircraft TypeBoeing 757
Date FlownJuly 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"spacious in the first row"

Trip Verified | I was sitting in row 1, and it feels spacious whenever I sit in the first row. The Polaris bedding always makes me feel relaxed and ready to sleep. Even though it was the other old design, it still feels nice and soft.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200ER
Seat Layout2x2x2
Date FlownJune 2019
Type Of TravellerLeisure

"a fair amount of room"

Not Verified | Overall, very good experience with Boeing 737-900 Premium Economy class from Newark to Punta Cana. The flight was smooth and fast, the flight attendants were very nice and helpful. The seats were clean and had a fair amount of room for Premium Economy in the United States.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-900
Date FlownJune 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"find this seat to be competitive"

Trip Verified | Boeing 787-10, seat 20J This review is for the Premium Plus seat, which is United Airlines's true premium economy offering. The seat has been installed in all B787-10s and B777-300ERs, and some B777-200s. However, the Premium Plus service does not begin until later in March. The seat is wider and has a deeper recline, allowing me to sleep quite well. Electric sockets and USB plugs are on the inside armrest which is a bit difficult to access, but at least for Premium Plus, every passenger has their own plug (vs. United Economy where every 3 seats must share 2 plugs). I find this seat to be competitive to other premium economy offerings and recommend it.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787-10