United Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"likely to have an empty seat next to you"

Economy plus seats on the long haul 747 flights. United is too cheap to offer a modern entertainment system so they have TV's on the walls in the front of the cabin and they show you what they want to show you and that is it. Economy plus has an extra 2-3 inches of leg room/pitch making it much nicer. Economy plus is generally less full than the rest of the plane so you are more likely to have an empty seat next to you.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747
Seat Layout3x4x3
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"legroom was good and seat width OK"

Premium economy class seat BRU-IAD. Legroom was good and seat width OK at 18" but this size should really be standard on overseas flights it shouldn't cost extra. We're talking about maybe two inches difference in legroom between Premium economy and economy (I was curious so I checked it out after flight). Seat width also seems to be 18" in plain economy. All other services are exactly the same in plain economy. IFE was atrocious - unadjustable screen so couldn't see it with front seat reclined.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Seat Layout2x4x2
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"last time I ever fly United Economy"

Took the economy seat from SGN-HKK-SFO. It is the last time I ever fly United Economy. I had the first row for that section so I was right up on the TV screen for movies which was about the only positive from that flight. I couldn't stretch out my legs very well since we had a wall in front of us but by the looks of the other rows we had the most room. WOW. The seat reclines 31" so they say but for me the person behind me was a bit large and would restrict me from reclining the entire way. The width of the seat is perfect for someone who is a stick however I felt like I was bulging out of the seat and I am not over weight or anything. As for getting in and out of the seat we were lucky to be in that first row so we had a little extra room for moving around. As for others I could see how it would be difficult if you were at the window or middle section.
Aircraft TypeB747-400
Seat Layout3x4x3
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"one of the most uncomfortable trips"

This was one of the most uncomfortable trips I've ever taken - the seats on United's Airbus A319 are atrocious. I could not sleep or even relax for this matter.
Aircraft TypeA319