United Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"new UA seats are abominable"

These new UA seats are abominable. Hard with almost no cushioning; there is no neck support. If you are over 5'6" I would predict that you are going to have trouble finding any comfortable seating position as the top of the seat hit me just above my upper back.
Aircraft TypeCRJ700

"seat is very hard"

(Hong Kong)

Due to a full flight and I was upgraded to economy plus seat without paying a dime. The seat is very hard and uncomfortable. The width of seat and legroom are pretty the same as other airlines in us. I am assigned a middle seat which is so uncomfortable and I cannot move around and this is so tiny. But this is cheap flying HK to SIN with meal and assigned seat and baggage and the best timing for this shuttle flight. I would suggest to take Asian airlines.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-200
Seat Layout3x3x3
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"undoubtedly the worst seats"

SFO-SYD and back. Paid for "Economy Plus" because my husband is tall and I wanted to have leg room. We got the two seats immediately behind the bulkhead (no "A" seat in that row) These were undoubtedly the worst seats I have ever had in my life. Yes I have flown coach overseas before. Within about 2 hours I seriously thought I had injured my tailbone somehow I simply could not get comfortable the seats were so hard. At least one of our TV screens was broken on each leg of the flight. The pull out trays are completely inadequate for such a long flight. I will avoid United overseas flights at all costs.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777

"seats are not bad"

MUC-IAD aisle seat. Plane half full so 3 seats entirely at my disposal. Overall seats are not bad - big enough comfortable enough decent leg room. Excellent entertainment system. Food just average and alcohol is not free but that is a small price to pay for relatively comfy seats suitable for intercontinental distances.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 767-400
Seat Layout2x3x2
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seats couldn't of been anymore uncomfortable"

I just got back from a trip to Hawaii and stopped for a short layover at LAX. On the cross country red eye flight from LAX to EWR we boarded a United Airbus 320. The seats on this flight couldn't of been anymore uncomfortable. This was not a suitable aircraft for a five hour flight let alone a red eye where you would be looking to get some sleep. This is United's smallest plane in its fleet which would be better served for shorter commuter flights or at the most perhaps a flight lasting a couple of hours. It's impossible to find a comfortable sitting position on this aircraft. The back support is nonexistent the seat portion is like being on a park bench and the movable headrest is worse than a dentist's chair. Everything you have been hearing about United is true. It's all about squeezing the most dollars they can out of every flight at the expense of any possible customer benefit.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A320
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"I could barely use my laptop"

This is the first time I have flown United in a while. Apparently I was on a new plane and flew economy. I will never fly United again. I'm not a big person by any stretch and I could barely use my laptop on the table and had to literally squeeze my elbows together and was still touching the passengers to the left and to the right. (I was in the middle.) Awful experience.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A320
Seat Layout3x3

"a miserable flight"

(Thailand)

Recommend that travelers avoid flying on a transPacific United 747-400 at least on the equipment between SFO and Hong Kong. We just ended a miserable flight. United's 'Economy Plus' option means that for a family not able to upgrade to that (to afford it) you are now put in the 'Economy Minus' seats - meaning the least leg room on any flight in our memory. It seems United gives the plus legroom to the Economy Plus but then actually does subtract the legroom from the poor folks back in cattle class. And the biggest shock wave to wash over our teenagers was 'no individual screens' - OK so they are spoiled and so are we. But that was a step back.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 747-400
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"absolutely no such thing as comfort"

Premium Economy seat on long-haul (11 + hour) flight on United. which means simply an 'extra legroom' seat. you are in the same economy cabin - no separate cabin same food service etc. I will only say that the only way to fly in some sort of economy comfort is to pay the additional $ for one of the extra-legroom seats - even with a full flight that extra leg space makes all the difference. I have traveled the same flight for many past years in regular economy and there is absolutely no such thing as 'comfort' - especially when the flight is fully booked.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-200
Seat Layout3x3x3

"absolutely no leg room"

I am 5'3" tall and weigh 120 pounds. My husband (6' tall) and I were in Row 11. There was absolutely no leg room. What's worse is that the seats did not recline. After a three-hour flight from Salt Lake City to Chicago (followed by another flight from Chicago to Burlington VT) my back was in so much pain that I couldn't walk. (During our layover at O'Hare I asked the gate attendant if we could move to more comfortable seats and she said "I don't think any of the seats on these planes are comfortable."
Aircraft TypeCRJ 700

"a very tight pitch"

United Express CRJ 700 SEATS 7C/D are better than first class seats. United Express has reconfigured the cabin where particularly row 2 in first class has a very tight pitch no direct window access. Premium Economy seats 7C/D have better legroom equal underseat storage (under the first class seats) and a window.
Aircraft TypeCRJ 700