Qantas Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"found the seat to be hard uncomfortable"

The economy class on Qantas could only be described as cattle class. I had a window seat and had no access whatever to the aisle. I had to wait 12 hours of a 14 hour flight to use the toilet as the persons in the seats next to me were both asleep. I found the seat to be hard uncomfortable and seriously in need of further adjustment. When paying an honest fare you expect honest comfort not to be penned in like cattle and whoever designed the seats for Qantas seriously needs further education in ergonomics.

"legroom is excellent"

LAX-SYD Seat 27K SYD-LAX seat 28K. Premium Economy seat legroom is excellent and I'm 6' 3" 240lbs - the seat cushion comfort is not. It's inadequate from a comfort standpoint for a long haul flight the cushions are thin and unsupportive the fabric does not hold you in position causing you to slide forward when utilizing the generous pitch the seat back offers. I found myself shifting my weight constantly just trying to keep my backside from falling asleep. The other issue concerns the foot rest on the PE seats it's irrelevant for anyone over 5 feet tall. Basically it's useless and difficult to fully extend even if you wanted to use it. As far as ingress and egress from the window seat get to know your neighbor really fast since you will need to get up and move around many time during the flight just to keep your sanity. The A380 and the flight attendants were great.
Seat Layout2x4x2

"seats extremely comfortable"

Seats 26K SYD-LHR and 24K LHR-SYD. Both seats extremely comfortable with plenty of room. The storage bin alongside the window very useful. Seat 26K slightly awkward to get past 26J to the isle but not impossible. When the seat in front reclined still plenty of personal space. Seat 24K was an exit row seat with exceptional leg room but a lack of places to put things. The other problem with this seat is the window is slightly behind you so instead of looking forward and out you look directly to the side making it a bit uncomfortable to look out.

"was able to sleep"

I only travel Business or First on International flights usually using miles. This was my third experience with an international airline's Premium Economy offering. I paid $$ for this flight and am very happy that I did. I found the 15 hour flight from DFW to BNE very good the service was as good as I have had in QF Business. I was able to sleep was looked after fed and airplane was clean.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 747-400
Seat Layout2x4x2
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"felt like your space was being invaded"

This was the worst economy class seat I have had the misfortune to be seated in. The legroom was less than the standard planes if the person in front of you had their seat reclined you could not use your tray table and it really felt like your space was being invaded! I would have thought with the A380 you would have been given a little more room but this was certainly not the case. The staff were miserable the service inefficient food was disgusting. The only good thing was that I was only on the plane for 7 hours! I would not recommend the Qantas A380 plane of service - pay more get more!
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"worst seat I've encountered"

London to Sydney on QF2 an A380 service I had seat 36F an economy aisle seat on the Upper Deck. It turned out to be the worst seat I've encountered in over 20 years of long-haul flying. The problem was that there was a box-like structure containing who knows what mechanism immediately under the seat in front of me which meant that I had leg room in the most literal sense - room for one leg! Fine for children or those missing a left leg lousy for anyone else. (I might add that I had more leg room on my 40 minute connecting flight to Canberra in Economy on a 737-800 than for the 12+ hours flight from London to Singapore.) I put up with it during the London-Singapore leg but mentioned my dissatisfaction to some crew members not long into the Singapore-Sydney leg. To their credit they were extremely sympathetic and helpful went looking for another seat and moved me to 48A downstairs an exit row which was very much better.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"knees pushed against seat in front"

Food not great - settled for bread and cheese. My legs were cramped on the final leg (Singapore – Sydney) - knees pushed against seat in front which meant I couldn't rest my head. Flight staff not pleasant on final leg. Chaotic flight staffing on first leg - it was like a mad house - people asking to be re-seated insufficient overhead locker space (someone took up our luggage space before we boarded). Biggest problem - we did not sleep well. Can't blame Qantas but one chap sat next to me snored like a pig throughout the flight - I lost a full nights sleep - the stewards were aware but what could they do!! When table and TV screen in place it was like sitting in a steel box. Need to look at an angle when looking at TV screen - screen pulls out from seat rather than located directly in front. The worst part of the journey was the reclining seat in front. When fully reclined it was impossible to use my tray and virtually impossible for my wife to leave her central seat. All in all an unpleasant experience when compared with Premium Economy with Air New Zealand.ked onto an A380 again unless I win the lottery and can go first class. (probably not going to happen?)

"seats recline beautifully"

LAX to Sydney. The economy A380 seats are a disgrace. The backs are thinner making every movement and touch from behind felt immediately. The seats recline beautifully - except the lovely recline means you are lying in someone's lap and someone is probably lying in your lap. This makes sitting up and reading impossible if the person in front of you goes to sleep before you do. The entertainment screen is also too close to see clearly as soon the seat in front of you is reclined. Lucky for me the gentleman in front of me was asked to raise his seat back so I could eat. The seats themselves are barely wide enough to sit in. There is less leg room than any other flight I've been on in my life. To eat requires the capacity to keep one's arms glued to one's sides while wielding a fork and knife so one is not elbow jousting with the neighbor. The tray table is so small it barely fits the tiny food tray which is all of about 9 x 5 inches. The entertainment screen remote is tucked away in the arm between the seats so you have to ask the person next to you to move his arm to retrieve it. Then you have to slam the armrest lid down on the attached cord without breaking it. I just kept the remote out and hanging off the edge of my seat so I didn't have to bother that poor guy again. The armrests also do not raise all the way so if you are fortunate enough to have an empty seat next to you you can't get rid of it and stretch out a bit more or rest your head against the next seat.I weigh 100 lbs/about 47 kg. I am thin and not tall. This seat was uncomfortable for me. Now imagine what it is like for any normal human. I will keep flying Qantas but I will never be booked onto an A380 again unless I win the lottery and can go first class. (probably not going to happen?)
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"room is a little limited"

Heathrow - Singapore - Brisbane. Seat number 69d was comfortable and plenty of room even though I'm 6'3". The room is a little limited if the person in front reclines as then you have to to use the ife but over all found the journey very good and I even got some sleep.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"recline is great and the seat comfy"

Seat 38J and K in premium economy are an exit row seat and have no one behind you. However Qantas are changing the configuration of the A380 and these seats will be come part of a multi row economy cabin on the upper deck. Getting in and out of these seats is a doddle. The recline is great and the seat comfy. My only disappointment was that the leg rest didn't extend far enough. I guess that's because if there was a seat in front of me it would have been in the way! If I have the money I'd fly PE again but Qantas doesn't seem to offer it on my route once the Emirates tie in comes into effect
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A380 v1