Lufthansa

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"I had pretty big legroom"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Since I am 185cms tall, I was afraid I would not have sufficient legroom but I had pretty big legroom with my backpack put under the seat in front of me. I recommend Lufthansa at least for the A321 if you are worried about legroom.
Aircraft TypeA321
Seat Layout3x3

"screen are in armrests"

Trip Verified | I was flying with my girlfriend on the A350-900. She was on seat 16D and I was on 16E we have plenty of space for legs but screen are in armrests so we can't remove it to be a bit more confortable. These seats are just behind the premium Economy Class. If you travel in couple you may prefer seat 16-E and 16-F cause the middle armseats is removable.
Aircraft TypeA350-900
Seat Layout3x3x3
Date FlownDecember 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"seats are hard and rather narrow"

Trip Verified | Couldn't book business, as it was a last minute purchase, so had to fly Premium Economy. Definitely better than regular Economy, but still pretty cramped, the seat is very hard and the new A350 is extremely noisy. Leg rest makes things tolerable, but incline isn't good, and the seats are hard and rather narrow. Service is great as usual, and entertainment is very good. Still not a fan of their new aircraft, that Lufthansa switched to from A330 on YVR - MUC route. I understand that configuration is chosen by an airline, and Lufthansa is far from worst ones out there, yet the A350 is not a comfortable aircraft to fly on.
Aircraft TypeA350
Seat Layout2x3x2
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
Seat Storage 12345

"legroom was surprisingly tight"

Not Verified | Recently flew Manchester to Singapore with a short layover in Munich. German efficiency shone through and I was quite taken aback by the warmth and friendliness of the crew. Getting emailed the baggage tags after check in was a nice touch. Flew on a brand new A350 on the second sector - legroom was surprisingly tight and the sound of the entertainment via the provided ear phones was barely audible and had to watch the films with subtitles. It was disappointing that the aircraft map system was not working. Finally the food; while it was perfectly edible, it was not as impressive as the economy offering by the Middle Eastern airlines. But overall, Lufthansa surprised me by being as good as they were.
Aircraft TypeA350-900
Seat Layout3x3x3

"I was very satisfied"

Not Verified | I was sitting in the upper deck of the A388 that has 5 rows of Economy class in the back section of the deck. Seat 95K is an emergency exit seat at the window. It is missing one, however. However, the legroom is spacious as there is a bulkhead in front of the seat. The width is slightly reduced and the table in the armrest. The great legroom, as well as the few seats in the section, made it very comfortable to fly, even in coach. The seat could be reclined sufficiently to rest. There is like a small extra table on the right where you can put small items inflight (such as a cup or your headphones). I was very satisfied.
Aircraft TypeA388
Date FlownJuly 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"just paying for a bigger seat"

(Luxembourg)

Trip Verified | Very comfortable flight in premium economy. Sear number 14A. Beware this window seat has only a partial window when the sear is reclined but quite ok for night flight. I slept well in the seat. Dinner was same as eco class, a bit fancier maybe. TV entertainment was decent but i felt the music selection was not really what i would have hoped for. Premium eco has no priority boarding or lounge access so you are just paying for a bigger seat. Definitely closer to economy class than business. The seat recline is sufficient for sleeping..and i fell asleep and woke up due to some turbulence over india..then fell asleep again and woke up over Austria. I would recommend bringing an extra cushion as LH supply only 1. Also its hard to sleep with the LH economy earphones (too big) so airpods would be better for relaxing while listening to music or tv. Water bottle was very welcome as was the preflight orange and mango juice.
Aircraft TypeA340-300
Seat Layout2x3x2
Date FlownMay 2018
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
Seat Storage 12345

"surprisingly enough leg room"

Trip Verified | Brand new cabin on this A330. I was seated at 34K (window seat). Typical economy class seat, with surprisingly enough leg room. Entertainment was great, service impeccable and food much better than I expect in economy. One of the best long haul flights I've been in economy.
Aircraft TypeA330
Date FlownJune 2017

"recline is minimal"

Trip Verified | Brand new aircraft (A320 NEO). The seat was awful, 12A, emergency row. No legroom, recline is minimal. Business class seats are the same, with middle seat empty. Service was amazing as usual. Full bar and food in economy (definitely do not expect that on a short flight). However, I'd rather pay for bar service or food separately and have a normal seat.
Aircraft TypeA320 NEO
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownJune 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"seats were perfect for us"

(Japan)

Verified Review | I was on a flight from Nagoya to Dublin via Frankfurt. My family and I were in seats 27D to 27G. The seats were perfect for us. I always fly Lufthansa to Europe since they are always very kind to families and have a professional and sensible attitude to providing their services. The A340 is a quiet comfortable reliable and safe aircraft - especially in service with Lufthansa. I always choose it over sitting in the back of a 777 on long haul flights, which is remarkably noisy. Lufthansa's Jet Friends club for children is fantastic and my daughter loves it. In addition, I always notice how their IFE systems are kept up to date.
Aircraft TypeA340-300
Date FlownOctober 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"taken up by a control box"

Verified Review | Shocking! 50% of the leg space was taken up by a control box for the seat in front's entertainment. Only enough room for one leg. Seat was 89K. Cabin crew were great but plane was full so unable to swap - 10 hour night flight sitting bolt upright. The box edge is literally in line with the centre of the seat in front.
Aircraft TypeA380