KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"seat recline was fine"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Amsterdam and return. The Boeing 777-300 seat was comfortable. The seat width was not too small. The seat recline was fine. Passengers can comfortably and easily relax.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Date FlownNovember 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"The seat width was small"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | My flight was from Amsterdam Schiphol to Prague. The seat of Embraer 190 was not as comfortable as that of Boeing 737. The seat width was small. The recline was limited. Passengers cannot easily relax.
Aircraft TypeE190
Seat Layout2x2
Date FlownNovember 2019

"seat was comfortable"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | My flight was from Amsterdam Schiphol to Lisbon. The Boeing 737-800 seat was comfortable. The legroom was not small. The recline was fine. Passengers can relax comfortably. I really enjoyed my trip!
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-800
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownSeptember 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"the most uncomfortable seat"

Trip Verified | By far the most uncomfortable seat I have ever experienced on a long haul flight in economy class. After having paid for additional legroom I was hoping the 11 hour flight from Shanghai to Amsterdam was going to be a bearable experience, how wrong I was. Both of my two travelling colleagues all expressed at how uncomfortable the seats where with very little cushioning, the seats on my local commuter train are more comfortable. This was my first long haul flight with KLM and I would definitely not be using them again, the outbound flight with China Eastern was superb and I would highly recommend using them.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787
Seat Layout3x3x3

"horrible seat cushions"

Trip Verified | As other reviewers have remarked: horrible seat cushions and small seats. Leg room was acceptable for up to average length persons (I have had less leg room once, but that was some 40 years ago). To be fair, the price of the ticket was lowest for a direct Amsterdam - Tokyo flight so you can't expect that much. However, I would gladly pay a little bit more for seats that are not worn out to the bone. My bottom ached after only a few hours in flight, and still is sore one day later. But hey, flying for fun is not sustainable for the planet so this all helps in cutting a bad behaviour. Overall: a positive rating given the ticket price.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777

"Absolutely terrible seat!"

Trip Verified | Absolutely terrible seat on the Boeing 787-9! Clearly the quality of seats is the most important benchmark for mid/long haul passengers when comparing between airlines. I'm fine for the narrow seats but the seats are just so hard to sit on! My bottom was in pain only half an hour in, and even with the extra cushion found circulation getting cut off to it and also to my feet. Very disappointing experience - probably the worst seat I've had in my 120+ flights this year, and worse than in Low cost carriers/budget airlines in Asia. I paid extra for exit row (half price for Gold flyers), and that had great leg room at least. Some people complained that it's reduced by the exit door, but this is false, at least on the aircraft I flew. You could stretch way out.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787-9
Seat Layout3x3x3

"seats were comfortable"

Trip Verified | The business class seats were comfortable but the neighbour can see whatever you are doing. I can't seem to figure out where to put my personal items. However entertainment system was pretty good with a very wide selection of movies and series.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Seat/bed Width 12345
Seat/bed Length 12345
Seat Privacy 12345
Seat Storage 12345

"cushions were absolutely horrible"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | The cushioning does very little actual cushioning - after a couple of hours my rear end felt like I'd been sitting on the floor forever and no matter how I positioned myself I could still feel the pain. I will not comment on the pitch or leg space, but the seat cushions were absolutely horrible.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300ER
Date FlownJanuary 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"Smallest seats ever flown"

Trip Verified | Smallest seats I have ever flown on an airline, domestic US or international. Seriously, if the passenger in front of you is in recline, the seat will be in your face, and you are unable to get out. If all KLM flights have this pitch, this is a dealbreaker for me in the future. This 747 was apparently not built for this configuration. Seat did not have any power.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 747-400
Date FlownDecember 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"seats were way too cramped"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | For an international flight the Boeing 777-200 seats were way too cramped and the cushions were thin making the seats unbearable after a few hours. On the flight from JHB to Amsterdam, my poor wife spent the entire flight in a awkward sideways position because she was sat next to a large man who unintentionally took over at least 15cm of her already limited seat space. Aside from seat issues. The flight back from Amsterdam to JHB turned into what seemed like a pub party, free for all alcohol. Passengers were walking back and forth carrying wines and beers constantly with three hours remaining on the flight and the entire economy section got progressively louder as the drinks flowed. Why on earth is that allowed ? Did I miss the memo stating that was a party plane ? I strongly feel that passengers allowed to help themselves to free unlimited alcohol thousands of feet above ground is looking for trouble. Not to mention that there were small children on the flight. I was horrified to use the toilet at one stage and smelt that someone had been smoking a cigarette in there.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200