KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"KLM is not to be trusted anymore"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | I booked a window seat on a KLM flight, seat A-18 on a Boeing 777-300ER. Little did I know that no Boeing 777-300ER on seat 18-A has a window, there is a wall. KLM is selling window seats where they know very well that because of aircodintioning reasons, there is never a window seat on 18A. What a scam! I am 1.90m tall and have a shoulder circumference of 132cm, So I need the window space to put 1 shoulder in which was impossible. So I had to steal 10cm of the middle passenger. That passenger was very unhappy during the 13,5h. When asking for a refund, KLM refuses. KLM is not to be trusted anymore, stay away from them! I am waiting for a ticket refund of another €1.500 (flight of 04/05/20 cancelled on 29/03/20) already 210 days!
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300ER
Date FlownDecember 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"worse seating on an airplane"

Trip Verified | The Boeing 777-300 has absolutely the worse seating on an airplane. Their priority clearly is not passenger comfort. Tiny seats, no leg room! Avoid booking KLM at all cost!!
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"seat recline was fine"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Amsterdam and return. The Boeing 777-300 seat was comfortable. The seat width was not too small. The seat recline was fine. Passengers can comfortably and easily relax.
Date FlownNovember 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"The seat width was small"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | My flight was from Amsterdam Schiphol to Prague. The seat of Embraer 190 was not as comfortable as that of Boeing 737. The seat width was small. The recline was limited. Passengers cannot easily relax.
Aircraft TypeE190
Seat Layout2x2
Date FlownNovember 2019

"seat was comfortable"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | My flight was from Amsterdam Schiphol to Lisbon. The Boeing 737-800 seat was comfortable. The legroom was not small. The recline was fine. Passengers can relax comfortably. I really enjoyed my trip!
Aircraft TypeBoeing 737-800
Seat Layout3x3
Date FlownSeptember 2019
Seat Storage 12345

"the most uncomfortable seat"

Trip Verified | By far the most uncomfortable seat I have ever experienced on a long haul flight in economy class. After having paid for additional legroom I was hoping the 11 hour flight from Shanghai to Amsterdam was going to be a bearable experience, how wrong I was. Both of my two travelling colleagues all expressed at how uncomfortable the seats where with very little cushioning, the seats on my local commuter train are more comfortable. This was my first long haul flight with KLM and I would definitely not be using them again, the outbound flight with China Eastern was superb and I would highly recommend using them.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787
Seat Layout3x3x3

"horrible seat cushions"

Trip Verified | As other reviewers have remarked: horrible seat cushions and small seats. Leg room was acceptable for up to average length persons (I have had less leg room once, but that was some 40 years ago). To be fair, the price of the ticket was lowest for a direct Amsterdam - Tokyo flight so you can't expect that much. However, I would gladly pay a little bit more for seats that are not worn out to the bone. My bottom ached after only a few hours in flight, and still is sore one day later. But hey, flying for fun is not sustainable for the planet so this all helps in cutting a bad behaviour. Overall: a positive rating given the ticket price.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777

"Absolutely terrible seat!"

Trip Verified | Absolutely terrible seat on the Boeing 787-9! Clearly the quality of seats is the most important benchmark for mid/long haul passengers when comparing between airlines. I'm fine for the narrow seats but the seats are just so hard to sit on! My bottom was in pain only half an hour in, and even with the extra cushion found circulation getting cut off to it and also to my feet. Very disappointing experience - probably the worst seat I've had in my 120+ flights this year, and worse than in Low cost carriers/budget airlines in Asia. I paid extra for exit row (half price for Gold flyers), and that had great leg room at least. Some people complained that it's reduced by the exit door, but this is false, at least on the aircraft I flew. You could stretch way out.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787-9
Seat Layout3x3x3

"seats were comfortable"

Trip Verified | The business class seats were comfortable but the neighbour can see whatever you are doing. I can't seem to figure out where to put my personal items. However entertainment system was pretty good with a very wide selection of movies and series.
Seat Layout2x2x2
Seat/bed Width 12345
Seat/bed Length 12345
Seat Privacy 12345
Seat Storage 12345

"cushions were absolutely horrible"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | The cushioning does very little actual cushioning - after a couple of hours my rear end felt like I'd been sitting on the floor forever and no matter how I positioned myself I could still feel the pain. I will not comment on the pitch or leg space, but the seat cushions were absolutely horrible.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300ER