Etihad Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"seats rock hard and uncomfortable"

(Bahrain)

My recent flight Boeing 777-200LR from Abu Dhabi to San Francisco using Etihad Airways (operated by Jet Airways) was one of, if not the, worst flights of my life. The bathroom was dirty, and the sink/faucet was broken. The seats were so small that I could barely fit, and I'm not really a big guy either. They were also rock hard and extremely uncomfortable. The airplane itself was extremely run down, old, and beaten up. I actually felt like I was flying in the past. I will never purposely fly a Jet Airways operated plane again.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200LR
Date FlownSeptember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"most uncomfortably hard seats"

Etihad Airways 14.5 hour flight from Brisbane to Abu Dhabi. For the first 10 hours the air conditioner didn't work. Eventually I asked one of the flight attendants why the aircraft was so hot, I was informed that it could not be changed, and that it was not working properly. However for the last three hours of the 14 hour journey it suddenly became freezing. The seats were the most uncomfortably hard seats I have ever endured, limited leg room and when the person in front decided to put their chair back I couldn't even sit up straight and lean forward to relieve the discomfort of sitting in one position for such a long trip. The movies were mostly dated, not one new release. The food was average except for our last breakfast which was inedible. On the return flight the same old movies and dreadfully squashed up seats. I won't be travelling with Etihad Airways again on any long hauls.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787
Seat Layout3x3x3

"there is no leg room"

There is no leg room - no tray room - it just fits but when the food arrives its a nightmare trying to eat and not knock anything off - its literally hand to mouth. What you get with this airline is what you pay for, but when you consider the cost of the flights thats wrong. I have flown with Easyjet, Jet2, Ryanair, Thomson etc. and never complained about the aircraft. If you are considered to be a large person you will struggle and feel uncomfortable in these seats and a long haul flight is hard slog. We did Manchester to Adelaide via Abu Dhabi and there was more room on the Virgin Australia (3rd flight) and that was the shortest flight. Reclining is an embarrassment to all concerned.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300ER
Seat Storage 12345

"literally pinned in my seat"

The seats were uncomfortable. Not enough room to even bend over to get your purse or remove your shoes. Couldn't lay on the tray like most planes, you have to be able to change your position! The person in front of me always had his seat reclined. I was literally pinned in my seat, couldn't see the screen in front of me very well, the angle was just not good. When I reclined my seat, it wasn't enough to feel like it even reclined. 16 hours like that! As far as storage, the pocket is too tight, can't put anything in it - why bother to put a pocket in it? Etihad, you have a long way to go.
Seat Storage 12345

"comfort level of these are good"

(Saudi Arabia)

The Economy seats on the Boeing 787 is very comfortable. Although I am an overweight person, the comfort level of these are good, especially compared to Etihad Airways Boeing 777-300 which I flew previously on the same route.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 787
Seat Layout3x3x3
Seat Storage 12345

"very hard and uncomfortable"

I found the seat to be very hard and uncomfortable. I fly long distance regularly and I have never had this problem with other airlines.
Aircraft TypeA380
Seat Layout3X4X3
Date FlownJune 2015

"seats were comfortable"

Seats were comfortable (I was in the first row). The TV handle was rusty and 2 of the crew had to forcefully pull it out for me. My feet was rolled over twice by the food cart despite being kept within the boundaries of my seat area. No apology from the crew. Inflight entertainment breaks in between flight and during take off and landing, making it difficult to watch a show without being interrupted. Despite boarding on time, my luggage was shifted all the way behind by the staff (without asking/ seeking permission from me) when another passenger with a larger luggage came after me.
Date FlownJanuary 2015

"the worst I have seen"

Seating felt like being squeezed in from side. Distance from other seat I think the worst I have seen. I thought Etihad being from UAE will be at par or better than Emirates - they proved me wrong. So far off from Emirates in everything that I am surprised that they are from same place. Anyway, one time was enough for me.
Date FlownAugust 2014
Seat Storage 12345

"cabin colours are easy on the eye"

The 2x4x2 seat layout in economy on the A340-500 is roomier than the 3x4x3 layout on Etihad Airways Boeing 777s. The A340-500 seats are comfortable and cabin colours are easy on the eye.
Aircraft TypeA340-500
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownMarch 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"seat was as hard as a park bench"

The first and last legs were on the new A380. We booked early and sat almost at the front of Economy - small cabin loads of room. The longer leg to Perth was in a A330-200 and the difference was significant in that it was cramped and the seat was as hard as a park bench. Crew were excellent and professional. The IFE was good bar the endless repetitions of an advert for property in UAE at the beginning of each programme - wearing when you are binge watching! The food was fine and plentiful - no complaints about drinks service. Abu Dhabi airport is ok - like a small provincial shopping mall with planes parked outside. We managed to bag some floor space and crash out for a couple of hours. I thought Etihad were one of the best airlines we've been on (especially given the rock bottom prices) but the experience highlighted again the vast difference between the A380 and older smaller aircraft. If you can find someone who goes the whole way A380 then pick them and hopefully more airlines will buy them.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A380/A330