Etihad Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"seat was as hard as a park bench"

The first and last legs were on the new A380. We booked early and sat almost at the front of Economy - small cabin loads of room. The longer leg to Perth was in a A330-200 and the difference was significant in that it was cramped and the seat was as hard as a park bench. Crew were excellent and professional. The IFE was good bar the endless repetitions of an advert for property in UAE at the beginning of each programme - wearing when you are binge watching! The food was fine and plentiful - no complaints about drinks service. Abu Dhabi airport is ok - like a small provincial shopping mall with planes parked outside. We managed to bag some floor space and crash out for a couple of hours. I thought Etihad were one of the best airlines we've been on (especially given the rock bottom prices) but the experience highlighted again the vast difference between the A380 and older smaller aircraft. If you can find someone who goes the whole way A380 then pick them and hopefully more airlines will buy them.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A380/A330
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"angry and unhappy cabin crew"

Rock hard seats. No leg space. Very narrow. I flew from DFW to Abu Dhabi 2/18 and returned on 3/8. In addition you have to deal with angry and unhappy cabin crew. One of the worst airlines I have flown in my lifetime.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777-200LR

"seating was excellent"

LHR-AUH-KUL A330. Return was B777 Jet airways configured aircraft then A380. Apart from the Jet Airways seats all seating was excellent with power point/usb in seats. A380 the seats were slightly wider.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777

"seating very disappointing"

AUH-LHR in economy class. Seating very disappointing. Fortunate enough to have emergency row seats so leg space not a problem. But the seat was so narrow hard and uncomfortable. This needs changing as it reflects badly.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seat is clearly below par"

(Indonesia)

Flew on Etihad on EY 131 AUH-IAD. Babies were crying throughout the flight and the flight attendants did not lift a finger. Leg room and seat is clearly below par. On top of that a flight that is clearly overbooked. Never again
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A340-500
Seat Layout2x4x2
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"too squashed for the 14 hour flight"

37C aisle seat. Too squashed for the 14 hour flight MEL to Abu Dhabi. I am not tall so legroom is okay but the seats are hard and are too squashed together. I couldn't use the armrest because the traveller next to me needed it. I felt the same on both long haul flights.
Aircraft TypeBOEING 777

"tiny hard seats"

I wish I had read the comments on this forum before I booked. How Etihad has won awards I will never know. Such cramped conditions should be illegal. The economy class comfort and configuration on the B777-300 is the worst I have ever experienced for a long haul of 15 hours. Tiny hard seats. ZERO leg room. Fine if you are a child but not for adults. No easy access to water. You have to get up and ask or occasionally crew come around with some outside of meal times. Never again Etihad. You are beyond disappointing.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"we could not get comfortable"

The seats on this airline are so uncomfortable we could not get comfortable and were glad to get off the plane in the airports we stopped off at. We would never travel with this airline again.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A330
Seat Layout2x4x2
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"leg room is non existent"

Cramped. I'm 160 and normal build and had a bad time of it. Torture for 14 hours. Felt sorry for the tall people around me. Seats are too narrow leg room is non existent.

"very cramped seats"

Very cramped seats. My last connecting flight was on IndiGo and their seat arrangements are more spacious and offer more leg room than Etihad.
Aircraft TypeAIRBUS A320