Emirates

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"Legroom was average"

Trip Verified | The legroom of the A380 is okay. The seats are not too tight, as the A380 is quite a wide plane. Recline was broken on my seat, but what I saw was average. Legroom was also average. All in all, in my opinion, it is not worth paying the extra money compared to the competition.
Date FlownAugust 2018

"charging to book seats"

Trip Verified | Emirates have joined the race to the bottom and started charging to book seats like other airlines? Fine, do this for extra legroom/bassinet seats and maybe the upper deck economy seats on your two-class A380s but not for every seat on the plane. I paid for a window seat on both legs (JNB-DXB-MAN) as I didn't want to run the risk of being placed in the middle of a 3 and luckily ended up with 3 seats to myself as on the first flight the passenger on the aisle upgraded to business class, and on the second they moved elsewhere. Overall still a great airline and economy class better than most (especially on the A380) but re-think the seat charging policy, which adds a significant cost to the ticket especially for an average family of 4.
Date FlownMay 2018
Seat Storage 12345

"seats need to be redesigned"

Verified Review | The seats need to be redesigned to create a feel of more room and comfort. Very cramped compared to A380 could take a look at some other airlines seating on similar planes. I know that airlines try to save money but they don't need to reduce passenger comfort in doing so.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Date FlownMarch 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"horribly dated IFE system"

Verified Review | The seat was alright, however, it had a horribly dated IFE system and the seat just wasn't as comfortable as Emirates latest product. Food was alright, but isn't going to win many awards. Overall, the cabins on this Boeing 777-300ER aircraft are in bad need of upgrading, because their A380s are a lot better at the moment. My advice: avoid their 777s unless it is essential. Top marks for the content on their IFE and the charging ports, though. Their WiFi was slow, but was good enough to catch the Carabao cup draw!
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300ER
Date FlownAugust 2017

"disappointingly cramped conditions"

Unverified | Huge aircraft but disappointingly cramped conditions for long haul. My flight was cancelled moments before the gate was due to open. The flight was rescheduled for next day but crew claimed I was too ill to fly. I was offloaded despite my telling them I was not ill I just needed my medication. They then went through a show of calling a doctor in the US but by this time our bags had been taken off, so it had already been decided to offload us. The purser advised a doctor was waiting to see me and if he declared me fit to fly I could be on the next flight. All lies to get me off the plane, as there was no doctor and we were told to go home and see our own doctor and obtain a fit to fly letter. The airline then rebooked us onto a flight the next day but failed to tell us about it. So, four days after an attempt to fly with Emirates to Shanghai via Dubai, I am still in the UK with no ticket and no travel plans. Travel Emirates? Never again. There are much better airlines out there.
Seat Layout2x4x2
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Very narrow seats"

Verified Review | Lucky to have an Extra Legroom seat which I paid for. 24A Window seat has no window but extra legroom. Bussed to remote stand to board aircraft from rear. Not a full flight so able to move about and have 2 seats. Food okay, nothing special and staff just doing what they had to. Very narrow seats, good inflight entertainment.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300ER
Date FlownSeptember 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"my favorite economy class seat"

Verified Review | I flew Colombo to Dubai and Emirates has my favorite economy class seats and is one of the few economy seats that are comfortable for me. When I look at buying economy tickets on my budget, I have to look at the seat size. It is worth it to me to get an economy seat with Emirates.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777
Date FlownJuly 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"configuration in 380 is the worst ever"

Unverified | Very disappointed. Seats were packed in tightly, no legroom and the passenger in front reclined her seat throughout the journey making it extremely impossible for me to eat comfortably or sit in a comfortable position for an overnight flight from Dubai to Bangkok. I was looking forward to experiencing the A380. However, Emirates have configured the economy class seating to suit their profit rather than customer comfort. Of all of the airlines I have flown with, the economy configuration in the Emirates 380 is the worst ever.
Date FlownJuly 2017
Seat Storage 12345

"seats are quite uncomfortable"

(Italy)

Verified Review | The seats are quite uncomfortable for people higher than 1,80 and in particular if in economy class, three people higher over 1,80 with normal shoulders are seated in the same row this can cause several problem to all three. The seat-back are too narrow in all the Boeing 777 categories and a flight of 4.5 hours can be acceptable but a flight with the same plane (Boeing 777-200 LR) a flight of 14/16 hours could be not comfortable for an higher person.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200 LR
Date FlownMay 2017

"pleasant seating experience"

Verified Review | The Boeing 777-300 ER seat was comfortable with sufficient recline, back support & lumbar support. Legroom was as expected & made matters worse due to the long travel time of 12.5 hours. The food tray table was a little too intruding & made matters worse but might vary as per an individual's build. The ICE in flight entertainment was top notch except for the sluggish touchscreen. There was 1 universal power supply outlet provided next to the TV screen. Overall a pleasant seating experience.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300 ER