Emirates

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"the most uncomfortable seat"

This was the most uncomfortable seat I have ever encountered on an aircraft the seat itself was ok but as there was no footrest my feet did not touch the ground so I had to plie up cushions and wrap them in the blanket to put under my feet this was not ideal as the pains in my legs and feet spoiled the first few days of our holiday.
Aircraft TypeA340-500

"seats were horrible"

The seats were horrible because when you recline the seats rises up and leave your feet dangling without a footrest. I complained to the flight-attendant and she told me yes she also finds it very uncomfortable as they took out all the footrests. For long haul flights you will get cramp and leg soreness without footrest. I will never fly Emirates again.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"felt cramped like sardines"

Appalled at the 3x4x3 configuration in Economy class flying from Dubai to Perth. Felt cramped like sardines and claustrophobic and one of the most uncomfortable flights I've ever taken. Other passengers commented on poor conditions. I will not fly them again. Most other airlines would only have a 3x3x3 config in Economy on this type of aircraft or similar.
Aircraft TypeB777-200
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"10 abreast seating in Y class"

(Saudi Arabia)

I think it's pretty poor for a non-charter airline to have 10 abreast seating in Y class on a 777. Even Saudia has now taken the cheap move of adding an extra seat in the 777 Y cabin!

"horrifically uncomfortable pain"

(South Africa)

Lack of footrests causing the most horrifically uncomfortable pain in the back of the thighs. Severe swelling in ankles and legs for days after. You can't do in-flight exercises and walking up & down the aisle for 8 hours. Requested a plastic foot rest for the return flight - not available !

"seats were very narrow"

The seats were very narrow and very uncomfortable for the long haul flight from Dubai to Brisbane. Felt like we were packed in a sardine can. Not recommended.
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"terrible pain in the back of your thighs"

The seat gives you a terrible pain in the back of your thighs due to the foot rest been removed. I could not get comfortable on either sectors of my journey and found the only way around this was to sit upright. The meal tray does not slide towards you like on some other airlines which means you find yourself sitting on the edge of your seat. Big improvements are needed for this aircraft.

"extremely narrow seats"

I don't like that you can't get your seat assigned on some legs (Dubai-Houston) until checking in. The 3-4-3 seat arrangement in Economy makes for extremely narrow seats which create an uncomfortable flight experience. Sitting in an aisle seat means your shoulder will be banged repeatedly by anyone walking by or by passing carts. It is reason to fly another airline.
Aircraft TypeB777
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"legroom was not too bad"

Flying Emirates was the most uncomfortable flight we have ever done. I was expecting the seat to be narrow but the width was OK. Legroom was not too bad but my legs dangled in mid-air the entire time with horrible discomfort under the lower thighs. Also the seating is incredibly hard and unyielding just couldn't get my head comfortable and my shoulders and neck still ache 3 days post-flight. We could not sleep on the Dubai-Perth leg as the people behind found the legroom too short and kept pushing our seats back whenever we reclined them. Terribly uncomfortable we will never fly with them again.
Aircraft TypeB777-300/A380/A345
Viewing Tv Screen 12345

"seats are excruciatingly uncomfortable"

Do not travel on these Emirates aircraft. The seats are excruciatingly uncomfortable as the footrests have been removed. This causes pressure behind the lower thighs since there is no other leg support. It is virtually impossible to get comfortable. After 16 hours I was exhausted. Many passengers complained - response from Emirates has been disappointing.
Aircraft TypeA340-500