Emirates

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"how uncomfortable it would be"

Verified Review | Flew from Chicago to Dubai on Emirates Boeing 777. I heard that they have a 3x4x3 configuration but didn't realize how uncomfortable it would be. My wife and myself got one of the 2 seaters way in the back. I could easily get my butt into the seat but for the first time realized that along with the seat width, you need to consider the breadth of a person. Your overarm is always larger than your hips and hence, my wife and myself were literally getting into each other's space. For the seats, I have to sadly give Emirates a 1 star. Service on this sector was magnificent. The flight attendant that was taking care of us truly had a very proactive mind set and was taking care of all the passengers very very well. Food was very good for a coach class. Movie selection was terrific. Wouldn't get bored at all.
Date FlownDecember 2016

"was perfect for me"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | This was an aisle economy seat right up front at 18C on an Emirates Boeing 777 200. I'm a fat guy so the seat is important for me. The seat belt was plenty long enough and the isle front row gave me lots of leg room. The seat included a fold out screen and was not too confining for me even though it was bulk head economy. This was perfect for me. This flight was cheaper and better. I've very happy.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777 200
Date FlownNovember 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"seats very narrow and squashed"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | The seats on this Emirates Boeing 777-300ER aircraft are very narrow and squashed. They are not suited to long haul flights at all. The average sized man will spend the whole flight overlapping into the next seat and competing with his next door seat occupant for shoulder and elbow room. The choice of an aisle seat means you will continually be bumped by passing staff and trolleys. I have no idea what entered Emirates mind when they introduced this tiny seat, but I handed back my Frequent flyer card on the last flight of a set of 4 since I will have no further use for it on aircraft of this type.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300ER
Date FlownOctober 2016

"A380 seat was large"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | The A380 seat was large and the legroom is comfy as I am 180 cm. But when your seat near the window it's difficult to go if you want go to toilet. Because the headset plug in to LCD not your seat, you must ask people who seat near you to stand up and unplug their headset. The LCD is usual some difficult to operate because the touch screen not really sensitive. And some are good. But anyway you can use your remote to operate it.
Date FlownOctober 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"small and cramped seats"

Verified Review | I have had to fly from Adelaide to Frankfurt four times within 12 months. One trip was ex Perth via the Airbus 380 which was just passable and the rest via Boeing 777. It seems that the people that design airplane seats never travel in economy class for more than a couple of hours. I am totally amazed that the airlines are getting away with these small and cramped seats for long haul flights. Fortunately I am not the tallest person and I feel sorry for someone that is a bit taller than I am because I feel very uncomfortable after about 3 hours. There are no foot rests available. Unfortunately I can’t afford to fly Business class but if the airlines priced this more realistically more people would avail themselves of this.
Date FlownSeptember 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"seats narrow and uncomfortable"

The seats in Economy Class on the Emirates Boeing 777s I flew were too narrow and uncomfortable. Emirates and other airlines who use 3x4x3 seating in a B777 should re-think this. The 777 is very comfortable when it has 3x3x3 seating, but squeezing an extra seat in makes the experience very unpleasant - awkward both physically and culturally. Also, though Emirates is rightly proud of its extensive IFE selection, the touch screen was very awkward to use, the the headphones delivered very poor sound quality.
Date FlownAugust 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"always choose an aisle seat"

I fly frequently on Emirates usually between London and Asia. Personally I would rather fly via DXB with a short leg stretch and break the journey into two chunks. Otherwise 14 or 15 hours in economy just gets boring. When you consider seat comfort, inflight entertainment, seat power and Wifi the Emirates back cabin is superior to premium economy on many others. I always choose an aisle seat, centre and on the odd occasion when flights are not completely full it is pretty much guaranteed to get an empty adjacent seat.
Date FlownAugust 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"Seats narrow with little leg room"

We fly back from Madrid to Adelaide in 2 days time after being away for just over 5 weeks commencing our holiday in Prague. It has taken me 5 weeks for my ankles to stop swelling. I am 5'8" / 173cm tall and average build. Seats on both flights were narrow with little leg room. It has been over 3 years since we last flew. I always regarded Emirates as one of the top airlines with comfortable seats, good leg room and elbow space and excellent service. I now take this back. The service was no where near their high standard. Each time I've flown previously, the flight attendants have been friendly, helpful with all passengers and walked through the cabin offering water. This is the first time I've flown getting off both flights very dehydrated and with swollen ankles. Wake up Emirates. Qatar Airways fly into Adelaide now and their economy seats are larger. Seats 18D and 46D.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300ER / A380-800
Date FlownJuly 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"good seat with good service"

(Hong Kong)

Good seat with good service. The seat itself is comfortable comparing for other airlines but not a really special point for choosing this airline.
Date FlownAugust 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"seats are too small and rigid"

(Saudi Arabia)

It was a good experience, but I had disappointment in some area for example, foods, it was so cold and it consists of 2 mini sandwiches, nuts, small piece of Konafa and water. Also, the seats are too small and rigid. The trip was too short (approximately 1hr) but I had some of back pain! I don’t know how the people travel 15 hour flight with those seats! The seat screen was big and the contents were good and a lot of choices, but the Arabic songs were not too much. I you want to sleep and you do not want anyone wake you up even when the food came, you have only put a sticker in top of your seat and no one will wake you up. Generally, my experience was good but I will make a lot of thinking when I may choose this airline in the future.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300