Cathay Pacific Airways

Seat Reviews

Viewing TV 12345

"Seat was spacious"

Travelled with Cathay Pacific in their Premium Economy from Nagoya to Hong Kong in Dec 2015, in seat 31E. Seat was spacious with 38" and 8" recline. Seat was more comfortable than economy class. Foot rest was available and managed to have a nap before reaching HK. USB port and electrical points was available in all seats.
Aircraft TypeA330
Seat Layout2x3x2

"refurbished or retired"

(New Zealand)

Its about time the A340 aircraft was refurbished or retired. The tricky slide seats in economy do not recline in anyway and are quite uncomfortable like being sat on a double seat layer really. The benefit though is it foils the perpetual seat recliner in front of you. The other advantage was that my wife and I could sit together and I could exit for the toilet stop with and understanding passenger beside me! I was tired after a hectic holiday and an 8 hour layover in Hong Kong from Heathrow so was ready to sleep and I did. I do see that Cathay Pacific are flying the Boeing 777-300ER to Auckland from Hong Kong over the summer season so we missed out on this.
Aircraft TypeA340-300

"legroom fairly satisfactory"

(Hong Kong)

Seat 60K on an old Boeing 777-200. I was surprised to be seated very comfortably on a 21-year old aircraft. The interior had been retrofitted and the seat had an advanced entertainment system installed (touch screen). The seat was wide enough for an economy class one and legroom was fairly satisfactory. The seat was a reclining seat instead of a shell seat which was a huge plus. Power supply was also available.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"have to slide forward"

(Hong Kong)

Seat 65A on a B777-300 (slightly more than 9 years old), and the cabin should have been retrofitted not long ago. The seat was tidy and felt quite new, and yet the shell seat design had substantially lowered the level of comfort when seated. I would have to slide forward when attempting to recline backwards, and as a result my legs could barely move. Fortunately it was a 3-hour flight and the journey was still acceptable. Nevertheless the seat had an advanced entertainment system installed to it and I had no problem killing the 3 hours on board.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300
Date FlownJanuary 2016
Seat Storage 12345

"good legroom for Economy Class"

46G was a seat in front of the galley, allowing extra recline even through meal service. This particular row also allows for extra sleep as no-one will be kicking you in the back. Good legroom for Economy Class seat and the width is good. 40H on HKG-BKK, the first section of Economy Class. Cabin feels spacious and private, due to the small number of seats in the section. Seat was the old shellback design, I personally feel like the seat itself is already a reclined in a way, as the original take-off position is comfortable itself. Legroom wins on this one. Electrical supply was amazing on both flights.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300ER / A330-300
Seat Layout3x3x3 / 2x4x2

"great and comfortable"

(Hong Kong)

The latest seat is great and comfortable. Moreover, the meal is extremely nice. I took the bulkhead seat. However, the distance between my seat and the PTV was too far! Also, the seat recline was poor! (But it is good for the person who sit behind me.)
Aircraft TypeA330-300
Date FlownAugust 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"leg room for economy is perfect"

We have just returned from Australia, with all four flights on Cathay Pacific Economy Class. The leg room for economy is perfect and we would see no need to upgrade. Extremely comfortble seats - and we both suffer with our backs. I was concerned that by the time we got to Australia, our backs would be terrible. Amazingly, our backs were actually better than when we started! How did that work? We were provided with blanket, pillow, water, free alcoholic drinks. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The screen on the back of the seat in front provided everything you could possibly want - movies, games, TV, flight information and even a view through the forward facing camera behind the front wheels, USB power on the back of each seat. The cabin temperature was perfect on all the planes. The staff - four different teams on the four flights - were impeccable. What lovely people. How many airlines do you fly with, where they actually reverse their trolley if you want to get past? CP is the first we've ever seen do this. Toilets all worked and were spotless. The food we couldn't fault and coming back from Hong Kong, we even had noodles and curry. Maybe there are better airlines, but we dont see the need to try others.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300 ER
Date FlownNovember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"not a satisfying experience"

Having previously flown with Cathay, I was impressed and decided to once again fly with this company even though the fares were slightly higher than other airlines. This time our flight from HK to New York (15 hrs 40 mins) was not a satisfying experience. Food was excellent service was great, but distance between our seat and the seat in front was restrictive my knees pressed the bar of the front seat. The passenger in front of me was in a exit row and had no seat in front. She kept her seat fully reclined throughout the flight except for take off or landing. Even when requested to put the seat upright it was back to reclined as soon as the attendant left. I realise this is probably her right but seems very unfair on the passenger behind, especially on this long haul. Tried to walk around or stand every hour or so but was told not to loiter and go back to seat. Is there any solution to these horrible seats.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300ER
Seat Layout3x4x3
Date FlownSeptember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"Economy seats are comfortable"

I think Cathay Pacific Economy seats are comfortable and they are good even for long haul. I just wish they serve better meals than just a sandwich or a wrap for their short haul flights. I rode CX from MNL to HKG and back. It was a short 2 hour flight. I was expecting more food than that. I knew we were being served such so I tried picking a special meal. Take advantage of the service while you can. Also, I found it weird that they don't carry snacks. Not even peanuts! I like that you can check in at the Kowloon station ahead of time, that was very convenient so you dont have to drag you bags around. We only knew our gate 1 hr and 30 minutes before the flight. Also it was delayed for 1 hour. We were expecting a bigger plane, a B747 but they decided to change the aircraft.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-200
Seat Layout3x4x3
Date FlownSeptember 2015
Seat Storage 12345

"premium economy is a successful product"

(China)

HKG-YVR-JFK flight leaves HK at midnight. Welcome drinks after everyone onboard and hot towel too. There are dinner and lunch service from HK to Vancouver and both have three choices of the main course plus a Haagen Dazs ice cream. My seat was 31A, which is on the left side of the cabin also the first row of premium economy but it is a pity that seat 31A doesn't have a window. There are footrest for all passengers that sits at the first row of premium economy. The exit is in front of my seat so there are plenty of legrooms to relax. Catering service on this flight is fantastic, almost business class standard of Dragonair. The downsides, seat 31A and C doesn't have enough storage space. You will find that there are no space to put the amenity bags, slippers, and everything you will need. Overall I think that Cathay Pacific Airways premium economy is a successful product and worth to try.
Aircraft TypeBoeing 777-300ER