Zurich Airport

"Very nice airport"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Very nice airport, big, spacious, clean, clear sings for directions. Changed planes here and spent a few hours here. Had breakfast too. Very nice international staff, speak all kinds of languages. If you speak English, you will never be lost here.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"very disorganised queuing process"

Not Verified | We flew into Zurich Airport at 1pm on Thursday 21 December. My opinion of the airport quickly soured when I saw the length of the non-EU passports queue. Thankfully, I didn't have to use it, but a member of my party did and it took her 45 minutes to clear immigration. There was a very disorganised queuing process - EU citizens who had/wanted to see a person were not directed in any way by queue ropes or the one official standing at the "entrance" to the queue. However, he shouted at a lady who could have been anywhere between 16 and 20 for "not being 18" and trying to use the automated clearance (over 18s only). The staff were thoroughly rude and inefficient. Don't plan any tight connections with public transport here.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"Connection to public transport outstanding"

Not Verified | Sehr sauber und aufgeräumt. Schnelle Gepäckabfertigung und gute Organisation. Shoppingangebot ausreichend. Kurze Distanzen am Flughafen. Zollabfertigung schnell und unkompliziert. Einreise unproblematisch, keine Wartezeiten. Anbindung an ÖV. hervorragend. - Very clean and tidy. Fast baggage handling and good organization. Sufficient shopping. Short distances at the airport. Customs clearance fast and uncomplicated. Entry unproblematic, no waiting times. Connection to public transport outstanding.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"inadequate and confusing signage"

Trip Verified | This is my second time to fly in and out of Zurich Airport, and because last year I found the airport signage to be very confusing, I anticipated and worked to prepare. The arrival went smoothly. I still found departing from this airport to be more difficult than it should be. To locate our airline kiosk to check our bags took too much time because of inadequate and confusing signage and meant that we had to rush to our gate. I will continue to use this airport because of the airline connections but the airport is huge and confusing.

"What’s not to like?"

Trip Verified | Zurich is one of the best airports in the world. What’s not to like? Great train service into airport, plenty of shopping before and after security, modern, super clean, easy to get from point to point, and fast and professional security. You can be from check in to gate in 15-20 minutes.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"the most un-organized airport"

Trip Verified | We were making a connection from Rome to Zürich and then Zürich to Miami. The walk to the international terminal was extremely long and busy and then the wait to get to the international terminal was ridiculous. Total disarray. No formal lines. We waited probably 25 minutes to get to the escalators to take us to customs. After that another long wait to get Through customs. Mobs of people cut in line. It was the most un-organized airport I have ever been to. My home airport is Atlanta and we are used to huge crowds but there is always organization. Zurich had no security personal in place and no organization at all. I will think twice about flying through Zürich again.

"Very bad experience"

(Romania)

Verified Review | Very bad experience with this airport. Not enough signs, not enough people to talk to, their English was pretty bad, most of all weren’t able to explain me what I was asking for (simple things like where is the gate or exit). They threw away my makeup products just because I couldn’t find the connecting flights so I had to re-enter like a new passenger into the airport. Almost missed my flight because of them. Honestly, worst experience at an aiport!
Date VisitNovember 2017

"incompetence by bewildered staff"

Verified Review | ZRH arrivals passport control has always been known for calm efficiency and quite speedy. Thanks to the new e-gates for passports they have successfully managed to ruin their reputation by using 5 (at the moment all broken) gates for all non-Schengen flights (including the E Terminal Intercontinental flights). Huge queues, frayed tempers and incompetence by bewildered staff. Well done ZRH for ruining your reputation in an attempt to cost cut staff.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"Nice, clean, comfortable seats"

Verified Review | Pros: Nice, clean, comfortable seats, several VIP lounges. Enough shops if you want to look for souvenirs. Bunch of places to eat and drink. They offer free wifi with very good speed. One of the best airports I have been to. Cons: None. Though I wish they would improve the signs for the rest rooms. It's weird how many times you have to take stairs to go there.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"painfully, and I think deliberately, slow"

Verified Review | I thought the Swiss were supposed to be efficient. Someone must have forgotten to tell the folks at Zurich Airport After a long walk I got to security. Now long walks are pretty standard at airports but in Zurich, after this long walk, you go through security, then have another long walk and end up back close to where you started but on the other side of security. I wouldn't have minded but I had a tight connection and I didn't want to miss my flight. At security there were more delays. The man there must have been on some sort of power trip because he was painfully, and I think deliberately, slow. The girl in front of me had left her iPad in her bag, apparently forbidden in Zurich. But he didn't just put the iPad back through the scanner - he took every item out of her bag one by one, scrutinized it, then went on to the next item. Meanwhile I was waiting with the clock ticking. When my turn came he sent my tablet and a paperback book back for rescanning. Really? I have been through multiple airports and never had to take a tablet out of my bag. Never. And a paperback book? You've got to be kidding. Then it was immigration. Massive queues going very slowly. What for? I wasn't entering Switzerland, just connecting to an onward flight. I can understand showing my passport at the terminal gate, to check that the right person is travelling. I see no reason to check it for a transfer. Anyway, I got to the gate just in time to start boarding. Finally, there is no drinking water anywhere that I could see. Only bottled water and exorbitant prices in cafes and vending machines. The airport itself is showing its age - it seemed like stepping back into the last Century. If I can possibly avoid it I will never connect through Zurich again.
Date VisitAugust 2017