Toronto Pearson Airport

"still can't figure out how to manage arriving queues"

Not Verified | It's 2 years into the pandemic. Most places it is actually over. But not at this sorry excuse that masquerades as a top Canadian international airport (working hand in hand with gov't, no doubt). Pearson still can't figure out how to manage arriving queues. So now they force people to sit for an hour on a plane after an 8- hour flight, without letting us disembark, because they can't get their act together. If I see any more awards for this place, I'm going to puke.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"most of the time a nightmare experience"

Trip Verified | I still can not understand that this Toronto Pearson INTL Airport is getting Awards and most reviews you read here and on so many sites are linked to services at Pearson as being most of the time a nightmare experience, such a shame as being Canadian and travelled extensively around the world, when you are at Pearson nothing really improved it's getting worse. You can change the walls but till you get inside these walls and new decor is really + totally despicable. I did official complaints in last few years at Pearson admin and have over the phone, they try to show you that they listen but never follow up properly on any of my complaints especially the ones where I tackle them about no or poorest service in French language an official language in Canada, they don't seem to care. I still have complaints after a year that are still under investigations in Ottawa about the rude service I got about asking for services in French at the airport, I was told to keep quiet and not to speak a foreign language by one of their official staff, so inconsiderate towards any one to this airport who would ask the same service and being told it's only in English here! How Rude!? Well I beg your pardon but I am not taking that as an answer and the promise it will improve is the same in 10 years.
Date VisitJanuary 2022

"The worst baggage delivery in the developed world"

Not Verified | The worst baggage delivery in the developed world. You will wait 45 minutes to an hour for your bags. Don’t check a bag. This is especially true when it comes to oversize items. If you have a bike, golf clubs or skis then bring a blanket. You are going to wait at least an hour.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"Toronto airport is truly a nightmare"

Not Verified | Toronto airport is truly a nightmare from personal experience. It began by us arriving at 9.30 pm from Costa Rica - over 2 hours late (airplane mechanical issues). No flight reps to meet us to help with tight connections or wheelchair assistance). Lots of etcetera's including zero communications to report but the highlight for us returning to Canada was the closing of the connections lane. This forced everyone into the arrivals long line up that required all persons to take another covid test regardless of our negative molecular tests taken and uploaded just 36 hours before (what happened to random testing?). Almost 100 of us missed our connections even though Air Canada held the planes for an additional 30 minutes to Ottawa, Calgary and Vancouver. We all had to start over at the ticket counter to offload our luggage (even if we hadn't missed our flight we still would have had to do this). Epic nightmare. If I wasn't an optimist I would have guessed that they did this on purpose to punish people for travelling during covid time.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"I am very disappointed"

Not Verified | I am very disappointed in the way Pearson has handled the new covid testing rules. I understand it is government implemented but there should be some consideration on how to do things better. It is required to take a test before leaving the country you were in to enter Canada (which costs money) & then you get home from traveling - already presenting a negative covid test - only to get through customs & baggage to have a covid test done again. My problem is the fact that they are putting several people in a small area all from different parts of the world to get covid testing which to me seems like a “breeding ground” for the virus. I’m not against stopping the spread but I think there are better ways to ensure we aren’t spreading it and shoving 100s in a small space does nothing but spread it more. Makes for an extra long day after traveling - especially because being fully vaccinated in a requirement for travel and having a negative covid test already so we should be fine to get through. Sending us home with an at home test would make a lot more sense as there wouldn’t be a backed up covid testing line & getting people out of the crammed airport faster.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"I will look for other airports to depart from"

Not Verified | My entire life I have been travelling and have never been through an airport as bad as Toronto. It took 2 hrs to get through security upon departure, 2 security lanes open for thousands of passengers, staff are extremely rude. It took 3.5 hrs from check in to get through security, Cancun airport took 5 minutes. Upon our return, it took another 2 hrs to get through security, and then a covid test, they told us 12 to 24 hrs for results, it has now been 72 hrs. If this were a private sector business it would be gone, management should be fired immediately and replaced with capable people. This is not just covid related, this airport has consistently been a nightmare for as long as I can remember. From now on, I will look for other airports to depart from, if you can avoid this airport, do it you will enjoy your trip far more than being subjected to an establishment that employs the rudest nastiest team of employees I have ever seen in any business.

"Terrible signage availability!"

Not Verified | Terrible signage availability! Since trying to find the parking lot, to all inner signage to know exactly where to direct your self correctly! My parents have trouble when arrived since nobody helped them or gave them assistance or instructions where do they have to go, specially now with Covid measurements! Worst airport ever.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"Long lines and slow service"

Not Verified | Very disorganized, no organization, set up of customs hall is inefficient and ineffective. Long lines and slow service. I’ve travelling to numerous airports in North America, this one consistently is the worst. The management of this airport should be fired for this mess.

"zero social distancing"

Not Verified | The worst experience ever. Long line ups, rude and unprofessional staff, no help for families, kiosks and luggage areas are total mess with zero social distancing. Paid $100 for for PCR test as required by Canadian govt but no one even checked the or asked a single document. Terminal 3 arrival is falling apart. It’s so dirty, and luggage carts are parked everywhere blocking people and no one’s there to pick up.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"further upgrades are needed"

(Spain)

Not Verified | I arrived and departed from Terminal 1 and if you've travelled a lot around the world, you know this is not the worst terminal in the world, but it's far from being the finest either. Poorly designed from the outset, I have seen improvements made and they are more than welcome, but further upgrades are needed. Here's my experience with a few recommendations for improvement (hope management is reading!). Arriving in the baggage hall, there is no big screen indicating which carrousels are for which flights. You have to walk around and eventually you find it. Confusing to say the least. Having said that, luggage arrived fast, and immigration was relatively quick and pain-free. Agent was not unfriendly. Washrooms in arrivals area clean and modern. The UP train to Toronto Union station is excellent: comfortable, fast and not expensive. Upon departure, check-in and security were efficient and fast. The security area is a vast improvement from when the terminal was first built, and the walk to the international gate area seems much more spacious and attractive. There is fast and free WIFI. The international gate area (E gates) is another story - much too narrow a space and totally unfit for purpose, still crowded with strange tables and stools with Ipads (fine for eating but inadequate when waiting for flights with hand luggage) and a total lack of seating despite this flight being a smaller plane and not even full. No relaxing seating of the kind you find in multiple international airports around the world anywhere (not that there would be any space to put them). People were sitting on the ground and queues for flights snaked over into adjoining gate areas. Bathrooms near the gate are small and gross - it felt like something taken out of a high-school circa 1980. If there is one thing to say about this terminal it's inconsistency, with gate area spaciousness, seating (kind and amount) and queuing for flights being especially poor for a terminal of it's size. Needs a re-think if international hub status is every to be achieved.