Toronto Pearson Airport

"lack of man power and poor service"

Not Verified | Waited 30 mins at the baggage check in line, waited another 30 mins at the security's clearance line and then to my horror I waited 1hr 20 min at the immigration therefore I missed my flight due to lack of man power and poor service. Such a pity for the staff and people in the airport. Got a standby ticket and that too after 7 hrs of my flight and hoping I would board it. As for the restaurants no cash option, only credit card. If I was an old man then what would I do to get a meal if I didn't have a credit card?
Date VisitJune 2022

"Messy and just a terrible experience"

Not Verified | Messy and just a terrible experience. No staff on the ground for Air Canada. No customer service on the customer kiosk and not able to get anyone on the phone either. No explanations or signs for connections when delayed. Worse experience ever.
Date VisitJune 2022

"The airport is understaffed"

Trip Verified | This is the worst travel experience I’ve ever had in my life. The airport is understaffed. We just waited an hour and 45 min to get a WestJet boarding pass printed and waiting another hour and half getting through security and customs to get back to the US. The staff are completely incompetent and do not speak English or French. The lines are absolute insanity and there is nowhere to sit. I’ve been on every continent and all across the world and this is by far the worst airport I’ve ever seen. It truly feels like a third world country. Canada used to be so nice.
Date VisitJune 2022

"Staffing shortage on every level"

Not Verified | As a professional pilot the chaos of YYZ is almost that of a third world. The CATSA staff walk around barely literate and barely able to communicate in one of our national languages. Staffing shortage on every level. Lack of qualified staff at every level. The senior administration should be ashamed of this mockery.
Date VisitJune 2022

"worst airport I have travelled through"

Not Verified | By far the worst airport I have travelled through. Arrivals - flights only allow 50 passengers off at a time - allegedly to alleviate the traffic in the terminal although this policy is a massive fail with long queues everywhere and a complete lack of organisation from airport staff. Machines to complete the broader checks either did not work or needed paper changing leading to horrific queues (without any Covid Testing in place) Luggage was retrieved quickly (the only plus point) Customer service is non existent, with agents ignoring any requests wherever possible, and trying their best to be as obstructive as possible when you have an issue. Border Control staff were friendly Security - limited staff working so queues were longer than expected, though did move through there reasonably quickly (25 minutes) Departure areas absolute chaos, too many flights at the same time (the majority delayed) Not enough seating by any stretch of imagination. Massive queues at all the food and drink outlets - again not enough of them and not enough staff. Sadly there were people sat on the floors - again ridiculous for the amount of time you are now expected to be in this area before a flight (we were told to check in between 3-4 hours before departure for our flight back to the UK. Some of the duty free shops were closed Will definitely not use this airport again unless I am guaranteed there have been significant improvements

"Very poorly designed"

Not Verified | This is by far the worst airport in North America. Everything you can think of is poorly handled and managed from the amount of time it takes to get through customs to the walk after you land to get to customs. Very poorly designed. Half the time the escalator walks are not working making you wait on the plane to disembark and only allowing 50 people at a time to leave the plane because they have not hired enough people to handle the volume in customs, I could go on and on. A total disgraceful airport and I cringe every time I have to go through it to travel. Why does it take nearly an hour and a half on a good day to get through to the terminal and less than 5 minutes at Tampa International? The whole system is broken.
Date VisitMay 2022

"not a good impression"

Not Verified | Flying with Air Canada to London. The whole process is poor. 3 auto check-in machines didn't work different. Machines give different weights for the checked in luggage. Security was super busy pulled my tray aside made for additional after waiting 15mins and they simply handed bag back with no checks. Departure lounge was very busy nowhere to sit and limited food choices as everywhere had long queues. No chemist to pick up sanitary products or medicines. Everything is just a little past its best and looks a rundown just not a good impression.

"Absolutely worst experience"

Not Verified | Absolutely worst experience - super macho International to USA security check. Had bought unopened Icelandic salt in 2 packages - low and behold spices need to be under 3.4 oz, so super macho TSA worker is like, where are you going? As if which state I’m going to determines how much salt I can bring back. Then he changes his mind and states it needs to be under 3.4 oz regardless and I am welcome to dump half of one of them out (exposing sealed salt - there’s a quality TSA agent). Mind you, these are sealed packages for a Father’s Day present that I specifically did not want crushed by TSA agents in my checked bag. Visibly in tears, he relayed, I dump half or it’s gone. I hope he enjoys his Icelandic salt, never flying through Toronto again.
Date VisitJune 2022

"Toronto airport is the worst I have ever been thru"

Not Verified | As a 30 year retired military officer I have travelled by air several times a month and had the opportunity to visit many airports around the world. I can easily say with out a doubt that Toronto airport is the worst I have ever been thru. Our first flight out on May 24 arrived on time but we were required to sit on the plane for over 6 hours while they figured out which gate we needed to use. By that time, we had missed our connecting flight to Copenhagen and could not get on another flight for 24 hours. Our return flight was even worse. We arrived in Toronto on time for a connecting flight to Raleigh Durham that was scheduled to leave around 2pm. We immediately received notice that the flight was delayed by an hour. We continued to receive delay notices for the next 10 hours until our flight was finally canceled around midnight. Our flight was there and there was no one to get the plane to the gate. There were passengers stuck on this plane for nearly 10 hours before they were finally released. When our flight was canceled, we were left to fend for ourselves. No representative were there to help get connecting flights or help with overnight accommodations. My wife and I finally decided we had enough and booked another flight the next morning on American the next morning. Also, my luggage was lost on the flight over, and after 3 weeks has not been returned or located. Please, avoid this airport at all costs. They should cut their flights in half until they can figure out what is going on and how to treat their customers better.
Date VisitJune 2022

"worst airport I have ever traveled through"

Not Verified | This is hands down the worst airport I have ever traveled through. The time and distance it took to get from one connection to another was ridiculous. We had to go through security, again. The security staff was extremely rude. Boarding passes scanned several times by several different people in only a few minutes. Efficiency & Friendliness are not a priority. Our connection was delayed 3 times. After the 3rd delay, I went to the counter to inquire what is going on. The desk attendant was very dismissive and rude. A little empathy and understanding was all that was needed. If I ever have to go through this airport ever again, it will be too soon. This will be avoided at all costs.