Toronto Pearson Airport

"Rude and pushy staff"

Not Verified | Rude and pushy staff grabbed my luggage out of my hands. This caused my finger to get pinched and bleed. They didn’t apologize or offer me a bandage. The rude man and woman stared at me while throwing my luggage on the conveyor belt. Washrooms are small and dirty. Staff are disorganized. I’m ashamed of this airport! I wouldn’t want any family members to come here!

"improve your signage"

Not Verified | I would request you to improve your signage as its very confusing. For example while exiting from Terminal 1 domestic departure, the sign says TERMINAL 3 in big bold letters and "by train" is in small fonts. Its very confusing as people think that the door is leading to Terminal 3 and they stand confused at door thus holding up the line, please put up an accurate sign showing that door is the proper domestic exit for terminal 1.
Date VisitJanuary 2021

"very bad experience with employees"

Not Verified | Yesterday, I had very bad experience with employees in the airport, they were very rude and not helpful and never smiled. After 10 hours flight, of course I'm gonna be tired and just because I showed another form to the officer, she yelled at me like I made a crime. She was very mean and rude. And by the way, there was not anyone on line so she wasn't on rush. The other officer when I showed him the form that he wanted, he stared at me just because I took 1 minute to find it. I didn't expect that at all from Canadians. Please be more respectful and nice to people.
Date VisitJanuary 2021

"lose flights due to 2 hr long queues"

Trip Verified | Embarrassment of an airport, it is mediocre and disorganized. No separate line for connecting flights and arrivals which makes people lose flights due to 2 hr long queues.

"no organization whatsoever"

Not Verified | Worst airport ever. It was the worst experience I had ever encountered in any airport. Highly populated and under staffed. I was passing through Toronto to Montreal. Absolutely no organization whatsoever. It was literally a zoo, so many people pushing to use a handful of machines and no personal assitant. You were literally on your own. Worst airport ever.

"Completely unorganized"

Not Verified | Worst experience ever at this airport. Was awful. Completely unorganized. The automated customs card machines were a zoo. You couldn’t get to the machines and then waited in extremely long lines that felt like they went nowhere. The automation of this process has made it the worst airport I have ever been too. So sad that this is my hometown.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"Inefficient, inconsistent, rude service"

Trip Verified | Just boarded an Air France flight to Paris, flying business class. First of all, priority line ups to go through security were worse than regular passengers. Secondly, just had the worst ever experience going through security in any airport ever, and I have been flying for over 40 years. Horrible service, attitude of security female officer, unreasonable search of make up items, having every single item thrown out of my see through bag because it had to go in their plastic bag! And in this day of coronovirus, you are only allowed one tiny bottle of hand sanitizer because all your gel items, including mascara must fit in their plastic bag. We waited half an hour for the same agent to ransack the bags of a family of four, and then it was our turn, other passengers still waiting. Supervisor, not much help either. Inefficient, inconsistent, rude service at Pearson terminal 3, with no concern for the growing world health epidemic.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"return was a zoo at Pearson"

Not Verified | Assistance required flying WestJet to and from Florida. Departure was no problem, return was a zoo at Pearson. The airport porter was rude and offensive. Would have got more of a tip if he had not demanded one. Tampa assistance was extraordinary and took us from flight door to luggage pick up through customs to rental car counter and garage and even put our luggage in the car Most friendly and helpful. Pearson needs to go to Tampa to see how it should be done.

"wait time was awful"

Not Verified | US Customs line-up for a 6:.15am flight was woefully understaffed and the resulting line and wait time was awful. No need for such a wait. Adding even two more agents would make a big difference. Simple solve but they seem disinterested in their customers discomfort.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"plan to arrive at least 5 hours early"

Not Verified | If you are traveling to the US and don't have Nexus or global entry, plan to arrive at least 5 hours early. My flight was at 7.45 am and reached airport at 5 am. Since I was traveling with my kid, I was able go through family lines and even then I only just made it in time, 10 mins before the departure. The lines were really really long in security and customs. The signage is non-existent in security, customs and in ticketing. Pretty bad for an international airport. Just disappointed.