Toronto Pearson Airport

"Absolutely ridiculous"

Not Verified | When will someone in Toronto learn from any of thousands of other airports around the world how to move people and luggage. We just waited 90 minutes for luggage that came in batches of 15. How is that possible? All the while the carousel behind us had luggage falling off the racks and being stacked on the floor. Get things together Pearson. You are an embarrassment. I advise all of my visiting friends to use Hamilton, the island, or to fly in to Buffalo or Detroit. Absolutely ridiculous.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"whole experience is so disappointing"

Not Verified | Not a great airport. Terminal 1: International departures are horrible because so much space in the area is devoted to retail and dining, leaving completely inadequate room for passengers to sit and wait, or queue for their flights. No facilities for kids like play areas, which would bug me if I had small children. No facilities for in transit passengers to clean up and have a shower, aside from the odd Air Canada lounge for business class passengers. The world's slowest baggage reclaim. Toronto has minimal public transit so chances are you’ll take a cab. Expect to wait a ludicrous amount of time for a cab or limo, in a completely unheated outdoor area that’s a freezer six months a year. Terminal 3 is particularly awful, with totally inadequate space at check-in. Sad retail and dining options once you’re through security and US immigration clearance. Though for some reason baggage reclaim seems somewhat less slow than T1 so go figure. Star Alliance seems to be turning YYZ into a hub for US passengers travelling to international destinations. Admittedly Pearson isn’t nearly as horrible as most US airports, which isn’t exactly saying much. But the whole experience is so disappointing compared to well-designed airports like Munich or Hong Kong.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"Dodge this airport it you can"

Trip Verified | The worst time connecting through Montreal to Toronto Toronto to ORD. Hundereds of passengers backed up and only a few customs agents to approve entry. Divided the the line 3x, and longer each time. Computer power outage 2x just the worst ever and I’ve been around the world. Dodge this airport it you can.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"extremely rude and bossy staff"

Trip Verified | We experienced some extremely rude and bossy airport staff. They are bullies who do not care about the people being processed through the airport. They are unkind, bossy and rude. I witnessed older people being chastised because they were not moving fast enough or did not know how to use the computers. They did not offer to help, they just barked orders. I was embarrassed that this airport was in Canada, not a great representation of this country or the Canadian people. I came through once with my daughter and as I was waiting for her to check through, a staff member came up to me and barked "move". I told her that I was waiting for my daughter and did not want to get separated, she told me that she did not care, "just move, now". She did not ask how old my daughter was or anything, just barked at me to "move". If I could give a negative rating I would. The worst airport, I wouldn't use it if I didn't have to.
Date VisitJune 2018

"Absolute disgrace of an airport"

Not Verified | Absolute disgrace of an airport! Will think twice about returning to this understaffed/over machined kip of an airport. Herded like cattle into waiting lines to use a machine to process my passport. Further lines to rubber stamp my machine generated ticket - baggage claim that is a disaster and then another massive herding area to hand in machine ticket after collecting baggage!

"Poor terminal layout"

Not Verified | Traveling to Quebec with a connection in Toronto. Limited airport staff to direct travelers with connections. Poor terminal layout, long distances between gates. Not accessible. Poor signage and updates for flights. Sat an extra hour waiting on a crew, but poor Westjet status updates. Not enough seating to wait. Will not fly thru this airport again, if at all possible.

"unmanageable queues"

Not Verified | Could not deplane our AF flight because of "congestion" at customs, this announced on aircraft - 15 minutes which then added another 2 hours plus to exit. Been to over 75 countries, and my own country is the absolute worst. Ridiculous machines which malfunction, unmanageable queues, too many employees simply to herd and yell at passengers, citizens mixed with tourists. Elderly and children ignored. Finally reaching a customs agent who is obsessed by cigarettes and alcohol. Someone is giving wrong advice and who is getting rich selling new machines and a useless app to our airports? Montréal just as bad. Airport management and cbsa must get it right.

"underdeveloped and discouraging"

Not Verified | Meeting my wife whose flight was delayed about an hour. Parking as poorly signed - at first I couldn’t find a parking spot and then it was at the wrong end of the terminal; the roadway is confusing and irregular and, since I went around in circles a few times, stressful because I thought I was leaving the airport several times; there is very little seating and very limited space for comfortable waiting. Very limited food/drink and virtually no related seating. Felt underdeveloped and discouraging.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"out-classed by other major cities"

(Hong Kong)

Not Verified | As an international airport, Pearson is totally out-classed by other major cities airports, such as Tokyo, Singapore or Hong Kong. Signage unclear, flight information display is not placed sufficiently, seats and washrooms are not sufficient, and it is hard to find a staff member to ask your question. At the T3 departure hall, the choices of food is minimal. I don't expect Toronto as a first class city but has such a second class airport.

"Very negative experience"

Not Verified | I took a flight from Montreal to Toronto and never left the secured area to get a connecting flight. Somehow though my boarding pass had to be scanned no less than 5 times and I had to go through security again. The security agent was incredibly rude barking orders and sometimes repeating the orders if I didn't move fast enough. When I finally said "I get it" she told me off for several minutes and there was nothing I could do about it. I couldn't respond when it's security in another country. Not sure why this would be tolerated. She was the same way with the other passengers in line. Very negative experience. I travel a lot and I rarely come across this.
Date VisitSeptember 2018