Toronto Pearson Airport

"cleanliness and maintenance of the airport has decreased significantly"

Not Verified | The overall cleanliness and maintenance of the airport has decreased significantly since the last time I was here prior to the pandemic: the carpet has not been vacuumed in ages, there is accumulation of dirt and trash all over, the washrooms appears not to have any maintenance, the counters and stainless steel areas are a mess and the garbage populates everywhere.
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"offers only the bare minimum of signs"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | I have traveled the world and never been so disoriented and panicked as here. This airport offers only the bare minimum of signs with direction and information. Picking up baggage during a stop over, finding the next check in and changing terminal during time pressure is pure nightmare without directing signs on a huge airport. Information desk was empty, ground personnel giving conflicting directions. There is a tiny hidden elevator with no information whatsoever taking you to the "terminal train". The train takes you to another sign less elevator bringing you to an empty space without information. Not even the check in desks are telling you where they are heading, leading you to get on the wrong line over and over again if you fly Air Canada. Half the travellers are standing in the wrong line. Horrible place.

"Short staffed everywhere"

Not Verified | It’s embarrassing to be from Toronto and have a terrible experience at Pearson airport. Longest walk to gate of any airport I’ve been at. Filthy floors with dirt and debris. Tried five different electrical chargers, none worked. Long line ups at all food and beverage outlets. Terrible second at “Tap and pour”. Kitchen closed at 8pm, rude service. Short staffed everywhere.

"Extremely filthy airport"

Not Verified | The last time I landed into Pearson's I found it weird that a lady was shouting at everyone in the queue to manage it! Today again (Sep 2022) I saw they still shout at people de-boarding the plane to manage queues, why do they shout like this at people? Extremely filthy airport, it is shocking to see an international airport of a developed country can be this dirty! Overflowing garbage bins, litter strewn across the airport's carpet, dirtiest toilets with no one to clean in sight. We were supposed to collect our baggage but there were no carts in sight, an announcement was made that carts will be available between carousel 6 and 7 but there were none. So mismanaged.

"it’s just plain filthy"

Trip Verified | Hard to believe there’s any sanitizing going on here I’m sitting at gate D3 right now and it’s just plain filthy even without Covid People are coughing and sneezing everywhere I’m travelling to another branch for my company to help out for a couple of weeks and am regretting that I volunteered and will be amazed if I don’t get Covid Hopefully the international section is in better shape. On a side note the bagel belt I got at Horton's had a hair in it YUMMY!
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"No cleaning staff in sight"

Trip Verified | Very rude CATSA agents, barely any signage and staff were unhelpful in confirming times when border security opened. No comfortable seating found in the connections area before security or at the terminals which made for a very rough 5hr layover. Mice were running around everywhere. Bathrooms smelled like stale urine, and the bathroom garbages were overflowing. No cleaning staff in sight. Terminal seating was filthy and definitely unsanitary.
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"Security personnel are so rude"

Not Verified | I am flying out of Terminal 1 at Pearson International Airport AC 103 to Vancouver. Security personnel are so rude! I was asked to go through a body scanner but was not informed that other methods of security clearance were available. When I expressed that I wished I had been informed of this, staff shouted at me that it was my responsibility to let them know that I wanted an alternative, not his job to let me know what my choices were. He never even asked me if I may be pregnant before he called me into the scanner. Then when I got to the other side of security my carry on and purse came through but my iPad did not. When I asked where my iPad was, staff shouted at me saying that it was going to be submitted for extra checks. I waited for 15 min. I have travelled extensively, even in some pretty rough and unfriendly parts of the world, and I have never been treated the way they treated me at Pearson today.
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"Waited an hour on the plane to disembark"

Not Verified | Waited an hour on the plane to disembark because the customs hall is too small. Got to the baggage reclaim to find hundreds of suitcases strewn all over the place. Miraculously found 3 of our 4 suitcases and then had to wait an hour for the final suitcase - god only knows what the baggage handlers were doing. It wasn’t much better on our departure. Shame as the country is beautiful, but the airport badly lets it down.

"Absolute nightmare"

Trip Verified | I flew into and out of Toronto Pearson. Absolute nightmare. The rental car area at Terminal 3 had been closed, but there was no signage to indicate this. When you walk out of the terminal and into the underground area, you will notice that they are closed and that you must take an air train to Terminal 3 for car rentals. Security personnel are rude, condescending, and scold passengers as if they were children. The lady near the luggage belt was unhelpful and kept mumbling something in a low voice that we couldn't understand. The airport lacks adequate signage and is extremely dirty. From the seating to the elevators, there is litter everywhere. It appears that the area has not been mopped in months. We were in the Premium Plaza lounge because of the business class tickets. Crumbs covered the lounge seats, the soda and coffee station was filthy, and the bathrooms were even worse. I felt sorry for the businessmen who had come dressed up and had no choice but to sit on filthy chairs. The food was of poor quality. I hope I never have to return to this place.
Date VisitAugust 2022

"Airport is a complete disaster"

Trip Verified | Airport is a complete disaster. Employees that are impolite and inconsiderate and have filthy facilities. From a security guard to a baggage carrier yelling at ladies and other passengers, this is the worst airport I've ever been to. I didn't want to eat or sit in the gate area because the airport was so filthy (restrooms and eating facilities). There were no signs that the rental car portion of Terminal 3 had been shuttered. We had to carry our luggage, go out to the rental vehicle area, only to discover that it was closed - then take a train to terminal 1 to find the automobile. There is no aid for families anywhere but they are ready to scold you.