Toronto Pearson Airport

"2 hours only 1 of 3 bags arrived"

Not Verified | I am a Super Elite 2 Million Miler with Aeroplan/Air Canada. Waiting for 2 hours only one of our 3 bags arrived. The AC baggage customer service employee at Pearson Terminal 1 confirmed, looking at the tracking system screen, our 2 bags were left in Montreal. According to his instructions I filed a report. Luckily, we waited for additional 15 minutes and the two bags arrived. Speaking to him again, he reconfirmed that the system is showing the bags were still in Montreal. He turned the screen to prove it to me, I could not see any proof that the bags were still in Montreal. Clearly, he did not know how to navigate the tracking system. We were lucky but there must be thousands of unlucky people left the airport. Air Canada and Pearson Airport need to improve the incompetency level of their customer reps to properly handle people's property.
Date VisitJanuary 2023

"the bottom of the barrel"

Not Verified | I’m sitting on the tarmac as I write this “waiting for a gate to open up”. We’ve been here over an hour and as yet there is no indication as to when we will disembark. It’s possible we could spend more time waiting for a gate than we did in the air. Looking at other reviews it would seem that there’s a very good chance that our baggage will be lost as well. Congratulations Pearson you really are the bottom of the barrel.

"everything was lackluster"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | I don't know where to to start, but everything was lackluster. Security manually searched around half of the trays, picking and choosing the order at random. Of course, they found nothing except for a few people's water bottles. At the maple leaf lounge breakfast was considered of oatmeal and a few last slices of bread. Priority check-in consisted of the longest and slowest line I've seen that was called priority. Baggage service is the biggest joke of all. A couple of staff throw the bags off all belts and just put the bags in large piles. No order of logic to the piling. Many people waited/searched around 1-2 hours to find their bags. And those that did have to instead had to wait in the horrible customs procedure. Quite remarkable that they actually could have so many different versions of directions and information. Again, the saddest airport experience ever.
Date VisitDecember 2022

"Unbelievable. Worst airport ever"

Not Verified | Have been sitting on the tarmac over an hour now, (landed at 00:15) waiting for staff to secure us at a gate. Pilot said up to an hour until we have a gate. It is already 1:37 am. Apparently, there us no staff. This is after a delay of 3 hr delay (which I understand) leaving Vancouver, which was due to weather in Toronto. Pilot just updated us and said another 40 minutes, due to "chaotic" staffing issues. Said we likely won't get a gate until 2:30 am. Unbelievable. Worst airport ever. Last time I flew in, it was over an hour for luggage. I imagine I may be home by Christmas at this rate!

"cleanliness was disgusting"

Not Verified | The airport cleanliness was disgusting. There was litter all over the place and chewing gum black spots all over the floor in the baggage hall. There were bags all over the place having been lifted off of the baggage handling areas. The toilets had paper on the floors and smelt bad. Toilet countertops were wet and dirty At the immigration at least 20 % of the machines are not working. Once we landed early we had to wait to get a parking spot. Once parked we then had to wait till the bridge was brought over and the door opened. This airport has gone down hill rapidly and COVID cannot be used as an excuse. Many other airports are not in the same sorry state. The management need to put in place an action plan on how to clean up up their act and then share it with the customers so that we can measure the improvement.

"Arrival was terrible"

Trip Verified | Arrival was terrible, took a good hour to just go thru the line to get pick up baggage. Arrived at Barcelona airport a breeze left from Rome airport again an easy departure . Have used Pearson airport at least 20 or more times this was the worse experience. Cleanliness was at a low, machines broken to checkout.

"signage is non-existent"

Trip Verified | Toronto Pearson Airport is the most user-friendly Airport I have ever traveled through. Their signage is non-existent and there is very few staff to ask for help. When you do find a staff they even don't know or don't want to help. The baggage drop process for departures is ridiculous. It requires travelers to interface with automated equipment with little instructions. The flow of people is multi-directional causing bottlenecks. I will never use Toronto's again for future travel to Oakville, ON.
Date VisitOctober 2022

"put through another round of checks"

Not Verified | Arrived early this morning at Toronto Pearson connecting to Kelowna. We flew air Canada and were screened thoroughly in Dubai, upon arrival in Toronto we were put through another round of checks, take off shoes belt etc. I finally got to a wash room that was filthy and run down, and I noticed in the concourse it doesn’t look like anything has been maintained to an international standard. I am embarrassed that this airport represents a first impression of Canada to international travellers.

"disgustingly dirty"

Trip Verified | Airport is disgustingly dirty! Embarrassing!! If we don’t need to fly out of Toronto bonus for us. Toronto need to take liquids out? Ottawa keep liquids in suitcase? Let’s have all airports the same.
Date VisitOctober 2022

"YYZ continues to get worse"

Trip Verified | Arriving into YYZ was not as challenging as a senior requiring assistance, however departure is a different story. First there are no directions letting a person know where they have to go, then you have to walk very far for assistance, you would not know this unless you find someone to ask, they have kiosks all over the place but do not tell people where to actually drop the bags. It is the most disorganized and confusing airport and apparently even the people who work there have no idea. I asked several people and they sent me to someone else. I have traveled YYZ for years and it continues to get worse.