Toronto Pearson Airport

"have to redo security"

Trip Verified | Extremely poor protocol in place for connecting passengers in terminal 3. Arrived from UK in transit for Halifax, crazy that connecting passengers have to redo security entrance again. Need to significantly improve this poor planning
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"Perhaps it is time to renovate"

Not Verified | Bathrooms with 3 stalls in an airport handling thousands of people. Really? Someone wasn’t thinking when they designed this airport (terminal 1, gate D). Perhaps it is time to renovate.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"have never experienced such conditions"

Not Verified | I and my wife arrived at this airport, Terminal 3, on 15 January 2020, returning from overseas, visiting relatives. Had no problem with immigration and other usual formalities of arrival. We were shocked when we proceeded to collect our baggage. The baggage area was awful with the smell of fish. We thought we were in a fish market. We have never experienced such conditions at any airport in our over fifty years of travelling. Secondly, the baggage handling staff was in a state of panic. The supervisor was literally shouting at the passengers who were waiting for their baggage. The Airport needs to clean up the baggage area of Terminal 3 and the staff, for sure, needs better training in dealing with the passengers. Next time we are at Pearson, we hope to see an improved baggage area and staff more respectful in dealing with the passengers.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"professional, friendly and efficient"

Trip Verified | I had lost my cell phone in a public bathroom in Air Canada Terminal 1 while on my way flying home to Kelowna BC. The Terminal Customer Service lady went to a lot of effort to locate my cell phone with the assistance of two Air Canada employees (who also were very helpful). As I would not be returning to Toronto in the near future and am 69 years old on my own (I was not sure what to do and needed my only phone), I was very anxious to get my phone back before leaving. Luckily the plane was delayed leaving, this staff member located the phone and had to go outside Security and back through Security. She was professional, friendly and efficient. Thank you.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"process was badly organized and even worse staffed"

Not Verified | When transferring from our initial WestJet flight from YYC to YYZ, we discovered we had to clear U.S. Borders and Security. This process was badly organized and even worse staffed. Less than half the CBP posts were manned resulting in roughly 25 percent of all passengers missing their flights due to delays in screening. For most screening took 1 hour and 31 minutes in marked contrast to the clearance procedures which argue for procedures of less than 15 minutes. Dozens of passengers failed to fly on their plane due excessive delays where the screening and CPB lanes in terminal A averaged a minimum of 1 and 1/2 hours to get passengers through to their departure plane. Meanwhile, in the same airport, the Canadian CBP perform these exact same checks on people travelling in Canada. The average time to clear their process this week was only 4 minutes and 11 seconds. Strong praise should go to the Canadians, for performing this task 22 and 1/2 times better than their American Counterparts. Unless or until the American CBP can process a like number of persons as the Canadians do and do with a lower error rate, then the US personnel should be fired and replaced with Canadians who will swear an oath to the U.S, to accomplish these tasks.

"Barely made our flight"

Not Verified | Staff tried very hard to make the best of a bad situation. The security set up was insanely long and the customs machines were glitchy with some reps who couldn't speak english very well - in this industry where dealing with harried customers is the norm I am surprised this was happening. Barely made our flight - others were less fortunate.

"Total joke"

Not Verified | Total joke. Land at the airport and sit on the runway with no gate for 15 min. Now waiting for our bag for another 30 min. This is pathetic — my 5 year old niece could run a better airport. AC 1130 from Saskatoon to Toronto. Look it up.

"Slow, inefficient, filthy"

Not Verified | This airport is an unmitigated mess. Slow, inefficient, filthy. From drop off to working through dreadful line ups, totally awful security then to be welcomed to the squalor of the waiting areas. A disgrace.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"the worst airport I have ever been to"

Not Verified | I have said it before and I will say it again, Pearson airport is the worst airport I have ever been to, I have travelled the world and by far this is the worst run airport I have ever seen. They need to get rid of having immigration inside the airport or something because a 2.5hr wait from check in to gate is inexcusable. From kiosks that don’t work right to little selection and over priced (yes even for an airport) food, I am going to do my best to avoid this airport whenever I can, even if it means doing transfers so I can fly into Hamilton.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"the filthiest airport in the world"

Trip Verified | This is the filthiest airport in the world. You should be ashamed as a board and CEO to mandate this poor quality. Everything to do with Pearson is deplorable. Elevators, escalators and moving sidewalks are always broken and dirty. The staff are so poorly trained. They are rude and down right mean. I am embarrassed to live in a city and country that accepts this terrible level of service and rips people off with insane costs. Shame on you!