Santorini Airport

"diabolical airport"

Trip Verified | Just to say I will never go back to Santorini again due to it’s diabolical airport. Over 5 hours of being herded like animals, no organisation, no customer comfort, worst airport and departure of my life! Shame on you Santorini!
Date VisitJuly 2018

"over 200 meter line"

Trip Verified | After a fantastic visit to the island, our remaining thoughts were the worst experience ever on departing, ie. The Airport. Queued outside the airport over 200 meter line, same once inside, herded through security and cattle penned into the departure lounge, I use the word "lounge", loosely. They clearly can't cope with numbers and is woefully 3rd rate. For that only reason we will not return to this beautiful Island as we had planned to do so during our stay.
Date VisitJune 2018

"the airport cannot cope"

Trip Verified | Shocking airport. Whilst the island gets busier the airport cannot cope. Its just got even less organised. Not enough people are aware that you can check in your luggage then leave to go to the bars outside - much nicer!
Date VisitJune 2018

"lack of correct information "

Trip Verified | The airport authorities should be sacked. They are totally overwhelmed and cannot cope with the present volume of traffic which by the way only allows 4 planes on the tarmac at one time. The lack of correct information is only surpassed by the lack of space for travelers (perhaps Goats is a more appropriate word). The endless lines and the confusion caused by the staff arguing with each other as to what they should or should not do is unacceptable. Buses taking passengers to planes getting confused as to which plane they should ferry the passengers 250 meters is scary. To top it all when the passengers were seated to board the bus to the waiting plane, (easyJet) Passport control officers (actually not in control) ordered everybody from that flight back into the overcrowded, insufficient seating, departure lounge to have their passports checked. Why didn't they do that at the correct time and needlessly cause grief to to all including young children. When the high season starts I cannot imagine the misery that will unfold plus the usual delays to flights. The Government needs urgently to sort this out and invest in a proper infrastructure which is not fit for purpose, avoid at all costs to sanity.

"queues and disorganisation"

Unverified | Sadly, I have to agree with all negative feedback on this feed. The queues and disorganisation were all there but the most shocking part of our experience was the way everyone is crammed dangerously tight in to the post-security holding pen at the gate. Think of the cartoon clip where more and more people are crammed in to a tiny car and you can imagine what I mean. Very warm too and a lot of anxious people in a tiny space is not a good thing before flying. Just dangerous to my mind and wouldn't recommend the use of this airport if it can be avoided.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"totally inadequate in every way"

Unverified | My sister and I visited Santorini to attend a wedding. In our experience, this airport has to be the worst we have come across. It is a disgrace, in fact for the number of tourists that visit here and the amount of revenue raised, you would expect more. It is totally inadequate in every way.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"plenty of refreshment available"

Unverified | What is wrong with people? Yes, we had to wait 3 hours, in the sun, plenty of refreshment available. It's a very small airport dealing with a lot of travellers at times and if you ask me does rather well. If you can't cope with what is a minor irritation then pitch a tent in your back yard and stay at home!
Date VisitAugust 2017

"Huge queues for absolutely everything"

Verified Review | Categorically the worst airport that I have ever flown from - and I have lived in many so-called "Third World" countries. Huge queues for absolutely everything. You have to queue for check in outside in the heat, queue to check in inside, heave your bag off the scales and queue to have your luggage x-rayed and taken from you. You then squash into a waiting area this size of a postage stamp at the gate with hardly any seating. You are then called back from the gate to queue to have your passport checked, back to tiny gate area, queue to get through gate. You will have now lost the will to live but you then queue for bus to get to the plane which is like a furnace when you get on it. Chaos, crowding, heat, just hideous, will never fly out of there again. If you are visiting the beautiful island of Santorini, fly home from another island, take a ferry, swim, anything but leave from Santorini airport, it will spoil an otherwise fabulous holiday.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"staff were more than helpful and friendly"

Verified Review | After reading the previous reviews of this airport we were not expecting to have the best experience and were pleasantly surprised. We arrived 2 and half hours before our flight and were directed by a very friendly staff member to the outside bar and to come back at 6.30 when the desk would be open. There was more than adequate shade at the bar. Then when we went back to the terminal, we were directed to check-in where there was no one waiting in front of us so straight through. There was one person in front of us when we had to take our bags to be scanned, and then two people in front of us at security. Admittedly it is a very small airport and not a lot of seats for people, so there were a lot of people standing, but everyone is in the same boat. The toilet was clean and working. We queued for our flight which left on time! The staff at the airport were more than helpful and friendly.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"requires good organisation and management"

Unverified | The airport is tiny, so requires good organisation and management. Unfortunately, this airport has neither of those things. I arrived within one and a half hours of my flight. The airport had 9 queues outside and bizarrely the boards inside have no information on which check in desk should be used for which flight. Therefore it is down to staff to correctly send customers to the correct queue. I was sent to the queue marked "Manchester" by airport staff. Unfortunately for me, my Manchester flight was actually marked as "Bristol". By the time I had queued with other passengers to Manchester, who's flight was one hour after mine, the baggage check in had closed and I had no way to get my baggage on my flight. The airport staff then became defensive and instead of helping me resolve this issue, refused, complained and actually walked away so they didn't need to deal with me. I was told to wait for a few minutes and after 20 minutes of this was forced to seek help from elsewhere as the staff member did not return. Due to the diabolical disorganisation of this airport, I missed my flight despite being at the airport with plenty of time.
Date VisitAugust 2017