Paris CDG Airport

"Pathetic airport"m

Trip Verified | I am travelling business class from London to Bangalore with a transit in Paris. I expected that there would be a decent Lounge facility for stay during transit but after I landed in Paris at around 9.40pm, I was told that the lounge closes at 9 and you can't stay at night. There are no proper facilities to stay at night in the airport. A major international airport not having lounge facilities indicate that they do not care about travellers comfort and experience. Pathetic airport, do not recommend anybody to use this airport.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Worst airport I have ever encountered"

(Hungary)

Not Verified | Worst airport I have ever encountered. Departure gate was changed, but due to lack of departure screens we nearly missed our flight. Announcements in English were almost impossible to understand due to poor speaker system and announcer speaking in heavily accented English. Immigration officer was arrogant and ignorant. Did not recognise a current 5 year EU resident permit and finally referred to her superior after shouting visa! visa! at me for 10 minutes. Currently dreading our return journey, but will never fly via Paris CDG again.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"worst organisation of any airport"

Not Verified | Give yourself at the very least 3 hours to depart terminal 1! We arrived at the terminal 3 hours early and checked in almost immediately to Singapore Airlines for our flight to Singapore departing 1200. Then joined the horrendous passport queue for 2.5 hours. Any announcements were made only in French and without benefit of a PA system or loud-hailers. So with a queue 4 rows wide and 100 metres long they were impossible to hear anyway. After clearing customs we had to endure another 30 minute wait for the security checks. We finally arrived at our gate to hear the "last call" announcement. The worst organisation of any airport we have ever experienced and an unpleasant ending to our otherwise wonderful visit to France. The attached photo shows about one half of the passport queue!
Date VisitOctober 2019

"try to avoid this airport"

Not Verified | Worst airport ever. The ground staff is very rude and unhelpful. Technologywise far behind. No automated face recognition. I would definitely try to avoid this airport in the future.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"workers are friendly and kind"

Not Verified | Its been 10 years now that i travel all around the world by this airport everything is nice, restaurant, shop workers are friendly and kind. This is a nice airport despite the number of visitors that we have in France.
Date VisitJune 2019

"unnecessary queues and missed connecting flights"

Not Verified | Horrific draconian system at this airport leading to unnecessary queues and missed connecting flights. I arrived via CDG Paris airport from Aberdeen to Malta. I had 80 minutes to reach my connecting flight, which in a civilised airport would be ample time. The ticket was booked by Air France using their partners Air Malta for the second leg. The whole journey was on one boarding pass and my bag was labelled to go right through to Malta. The Air France flight into Paris was on time, so far, so good. Then there was one lengthy bus ride from the plane to the arrival 2E and yet another to my departure 2D by now 30 minutes have passed but I’m in the same building right? Right? I arrive from Terminal 2E to Terminal 2D. Find where I’m supposed to be next quite quickly and then horror! I'm expected to get in the 2 hour long passport control line! For a connecting flight? What? I don’t want to leave the airport I want to get on a plane! I managed to blag my way to the front of the queue in ten minutes only to find myself in the arrival hall with only 25 minutes to go through security and find my gate. I didn’t make it. The Air France ticket agent was lovely and helpful and booked me on a flight the following day. Not ideal but even worse considering no one could locate my checked bag. the girl who manned the D area baggage arrival was helpful but had no solid answers. Five hours later I’ve been shuffled from one person to the next in a couldn’t care less attitude. I booked into a hotel for the night, went in search of my bag one last time, by now exhausted from a 3.00am start and blistered feet from walking miles, only to be barked at by a staff member in baggage hall E. She was so rude and condescending. She spoke to me as if I was expected to know how things work at CDG but clearly even some staff don’t, given the differing information I received. I’m now stuck in a noisy expensive hotel in the lousiest airport in Europe and no idea where my bag is. It’s going to be a very bad hair day tomorrow! My friend who flew via Heathrow (breezed through) is in Malta already. I hope to be leaving tomorrow, whether il have any belongings will remain to be seen. Shame on you CDG for your connecting flight process.

"I expected a lot more"

Not Verified | Lousy on all counts. Check-in system is diabolic, cumbersome, unpleasant and ludicrous. Was screened by a chap in security who did not have any communication skill whatsoever. Dirty toilets. Paris? I expected a lot more. Was glad to leave.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"staff were surly and unhelpful"

Trip Verified | Awful airport, no better than when I first used it fifteen years ago. Poor signage and dreadful queues for security with no fast track for premium customers. Having disembarked the flight from MAN we had to go through security to access our second flight to Miami. Over 45 minutes of queueing to get to the front of the line and see that only two scanners were manned. The staff were surly and unhelpful so those who had little experience of this procedure were left to work it out for themselves, get it wrong and have to try again. All of which slowed the process. We were lucky that our flight to CDG was on time as we would have struggled to make the connection otherwise. Normally a transit of one hour and thirty minutes is plenty but at CDG it can be nip and tuck as I noticed that the queue behind us had almost doubled shortly after we joined it.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"Unfriendly and arrogant ground staff"

Trip Verified | Terminal 2 E - aggressive baggage screening security staff. Poor signage. Unfriendly and arrogant ground staff. Security was very slow and inefficient - long queues. All in a very unpleasant experience. This is not a good advertisement for France and it puts me off visiting the city.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"Facilities and signage are good"

Not Verified | Never had a problem in CDG. Boarding for Doha was smooth with Qatar airways. Facilities and signage are good. Staff was ok. Contrary to the too many negative reviews posted here, which are often biased.
Date VisitNovember 2018