Paris CDG Airport

"Dirty and unclear signs"

(Belarus)

Trip Verified | Dirty and unclear signs! The lavatory is very less and you need to take a long time to walk to. No enough elevator and it's really slow and old. No fast pass for urgent case. The metro is broken and the seats are dirty at the airport!
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"1 hour from plane to parking"

Trip Verified | The departure was smooth with self check in Terminal E to BKK. Immigration queue was OK. The staff was polite. The time wasting is from travelers who don't know the drill, no liquid, laptop screened on a separate tray, belt removed, pockets empty etc. 90% of the wait is due to these travelers rather than the scan itself. It is true that food options are non existent afterwards. On the return from Bangkok seamless immigration process via Parafe, with the passport being scanned, and your image taken, than the gates open. All in all 1 hour from plane landing to parking (LT parking lot).

"Beyond disappointed"

Not Verified | I am appalled by how I was treated by Paris CDG employees. As an American student living outside of Paris who perfectly comprehends the French language, I am in utter disbelief. After all 3 of my bags were forced to be searched (mind you I flew into London and Prague with the exact same bag prior with no items changed), the employee removed each liquid item from its plastic container it was previously in, and put it in another plastic container. He then told me in French it was “bien”. So I began to rearrange the bag, assuming this was allowed. I then was yelled at by another employee in French, and he proclaimed in French “all Americans think they can do whatever they want”, a nice touch considering I understood it all. So then the man proceeded to repack each liquid into the now dirty secondary plastic bag the airport provided. Would anyone like to explain to me why the liquids had to be removed from the plastic bags they were already in and put into another, more full, dirty plastic bag the airport provided? Not to mention the audacity of the employers to speak so rudely about me in front of my face in French while I understood every word? Beyond disappointed with my experience today.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"the hospitality was fantastic"

Not Verified | It was always said that Paris was not the friendliest of cities - this recent trip could not have been more the opposite. Friendly - welcoming and the hospitality was fantastic. Then we get to the airport. Awful, rude, atrocious is an understatement. Security feels more like an internment camp than an airport. They don’t care. It’s a drag to get anywhere. If this is what the aim is and the plan go to keep people away business and leisure then yes CDG airport you guys are experts! It’s quite funny as Brussels and London are inside two hours and it takes that long to walk this horrid airport!
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"Simply unacceptable and pathetic"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | A run down difficult airport, poor signage, outdated lifts and other equipment, France is well behind the times in terms of IT, technology and custom service and CDG captures all of that and sums it up in one big ugly outdated slow mess of a national airport, unacceptable, France need to get their act together. My major problems were the ridiculous passport clearance, on the automated passport checks they had 3 broken ones and only one functioning, then a bunch of people all funnelled into a few lines. It took over 2 hours to get through at 7am. Simply unacceptable and pathetic for such an international airport. The shopping is rather abysmal for a major airport, especially of a city with Paris' s reputation. The departure gates are acceptable, but the arrival gates are hideous and tedious getting through security. The staff don't give a damn to make things even worse. The rest of the airport is just awful and depressing, what a horrible first impression of Paris people get.

"very time consuming"

Not Verified | The security check was far too slow. It wasn’t even particularly busy. For a big major airport, the whole system was very time consuming. The slowest airport I have been to. Lack of restaurants for the terminal we used 2e. The whole experience at the airport was poor for nowadays standard. Very disappointed.

"staff are uncaring"

Not Verified | The staff at this airport are uncaring, nasty, hateful and mean. We were a family of 12 trying to stay together in a foreign country and they did all they could to keep us apart. I will never fly through this airport again. Paris was wonderful but the people working at this airport are ugly and mean.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"don't judge a nationality by a person's face"

Trip Verified | The airport has undergone huge renovation and there were many hoardings inside the terminals. It was good that they have ground staffs to inform us our gates and which way to go. One minus point that I experienced is that one staff told the passengers according to their nationalities which checkpoint should they go. Unfortunately she decided only by my face to go to "other passport holders" while I have EU passport. I thought she must be correct because she works there, so I followed her instruction only to see that EU passport can be checked automatically as it normally did. Then I returned again to her to say that I'm a citizen of an EU country. Please read carefully the passport you're checking, don't judge a nationality by a person's face. I'd like to see the airport again once all the renovation is done and I'm sure it will be much better than now.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"1.5 hours to cross immigration"

Not Verified | This airport experience was the worse I’ve had. We had to queue over 1.5 hours to cross immigration (luckily we had enough time between flights, and also our flight was delayed), as there was only one officer. I am sure today many people missed their flights due to this. An unacceptable experience. The crew working for the airport didn’t seem to care or do much to alleviate or communicate about the situation. Also, the croissant we bought afterwards wasn’t properly baked. A pretty bad day.

"no space to relax"

Not Verified | It is a disaster airport. What a shame for France. No seats available. Could not get smoking area. Not enough shops and restaurants. The queues are too long and we get tired with no space to relax.