Paris CDG Airport

"Very poorly organised airport"

Not Verified | Very poorly organised airport! Lots of security checks and controls - understanding and that France has a lot of rules, they should adapt more people working to have more border control gates open. Few out of many is definitely not enough. Taking a look at the logistics side and thinking from a customer point of view how long it possibly takes to get from one Terminal to another should be done by the hired professionals. Plus the fact employees stay on the phones while they are over 50 people waiting in the queues is not a good practice. I hope it will help you guide you to the main problem. For now to have a stress free travel without worrying of missing connecting flight, I’ll avoid the CDG Airport.
Date VisitMay 2022

"dirty, dusty, smelly"

Not Verified | I had a connecting flight here for the first time a hopefully last time. I will never fly Air France again because this airport is their main hub. Instead of landing in terminal 2E we were put to M which might as well be in Belgium. We had to go through another security check which is absolutely stupid for a connecting flight. I have been flying to Europe for over 20 years and never had to do that anywhere else. Only 2 lanes were open for about 300 passengers. While waiting, I saw one of the employees just stopping the scanner and starting to chat with her friend who just happened to stop by. If you speak French you get to skip the line, if you are a foreigner get ready to be treated like trash. Of course we missed our flight and had to stand in another line for 2 hours to rebook on another flight. They didn't even try to book us on an earlier flight because it was with another carrier and they didn't want to pay for it. 12 hours in this dirty, dusty, smelly (perfume is not a cleaner) hellhole, 2F has 4 lousy restaurants. If you are trapping people there to make them spend money, at least provide enough opportunities for spending it. From now on I will only connect in Frankfurt or even Heathrow if I take Prozac before but never ever again CDG!
Date VisitMay 2022

"no airport lounge anywhere near where I was at 2D"

Not Verified | My first time at this airport, and hopefully my last. Terminal 2D is a vast array of corridors, going one way, then the other. There are few facilities, and no airport lounge anywhere near where I was at 2C. I ended up at a Pret. On the plus side, quite a few of the seats had power sockets.
Date VisitApril 2022

"2 hours in the queue to go through Passport control"

Trip Verified | We waited for 2 hours in the queue to go through Passport control with a 1 year old and a 3 year old. There are 12 booths for security to man but only 4 were in use. The airport management need to seriously look at this, I’ve travelled through lots of airports and this was by far the worst experience I’ve had. I would avoid this airport in the future and would advise other travelers to also avoid it.
Date VisitApril 2022

"more than one hour in the queue for passport control"

Trip Verified | I made this mistake of arriving and departing via CDG on a recent trip from Australia en route to London. My arrival on Qatar Airways was fine although we experienced a 30 minute delay sitting on the taxiway as another aircraft was in our gate. Baggage seems to be excessively slow at CDG - dont under estimate how much time it takes for the bags to be delivered. Then I had to recheck into my BA flight only to face more than one hour in the queue for passport control - the hall was teeming with hundreds of passengers and only two windows open. I can only imagine that these people really hate their jobs - rude, disinterested and inefficient. That pretty much sums it up. And then after that more queues for security and baggage checks. I landed with 2 hours 45 mins to connect and barely made my flight after running the gate from security. Oh and the toilets (not that there are many of them in Terminal 2A) were flooded with water. It was totally disgusting and I will never use this airport by choice again.
Date VisitApril 2022

"more than 1 hour waiting for luggage"

Trip Verified | Terminal 2c, coming from Doha, more than 1 hour waiting for luggage after 30 minutes at passport control. Newly refurbished airport and the conveyor is not working.
Date VisitApril 2022

"employees refused to work and constantly spent time on their phone"

(Romania)

Not Verified | I would like to inform you that at the boarding area for the L21 and following gates, the employees refused to open all functional 16 gates for verification and only used 2 out of the 16 gates. The employees also refused to work and constantly spent time on their phone, playing, talking to their friends and talking to other employees in the same area. They constantly refused to work and behaved aggressively when confronted about the situation! They reacted aggressively and insulted several passengers when they were asked to do their work so we could advance. I mention that the number of passengers in the queue was not at all big and therefore there was absolutely no issue due to the number of people queuing. They also allowed people to cross the line and didn't respect the order in which the passengers lined up which led to many passengers missing their flight. When I finally got my luggage checked, there was a problem with the luggage in front of mine and they completely stopped working because that one bag had an issue instead of proceeding to the following bags and following passengers. The lady who was checking the bags and refused to continue doing her work, insulted me when I told her to continue and told me exactly as follows, "it is my job not yours and I don't want to work, so do not piss me off!" I would like the responsible employees to be punished according to the rules and to be help accountable for their mistakes!
Date VisitMarch 2022

"receipt didn’t contain the name of the alcohol"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | On my transfer through Paris to Cuba - we had 50 minutes for a transfer and airport staff did not help those who were in a hurry or getting them fast-tracked. We made it for the flight. My second experience was coming back from my holiday in Cuba and transferring in Paris. At the transfer to 2F from 2E, the security checked my liquids and my duty free purchase which I made in Havana airport. Security opened the sealed bag with an alcohol bottle and asked why we don’t have the receipt. I showed the receipt but he claimed that the receipt didn’t contain the name of the alcohol on it and was not enough for the duty free item to pass the security control. I said this is all that Havana airport gave us but he pursued and called for his manager. This proved to be an extremely rude man who wouldn’t disclose his name. There was no talking to reason with this man. We bought a bottle of rum. It was all legal until this man said it wasn’t.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"the most horrible experience that I've ever had at an airport"

Not Verified | There were huge queues for passport control which took approximately 25 minutes to get through. Then on the other side the lines went all the way up to the top of the train platform and back, there was no one supervising, people were pushing to the front, total bedlam. After another 40 minutes and nearly at security we were herded to terminal 2F and eventually went through there. We then had to go all the way back to 2E. It was the most horrible experience that I've ever had at an airport.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"I’m not going thru CDG again"

Trip Verified | I have never seen a nightmare like CDG yesterday March 26. We were in transit with a good 1.5 hours between flights. With about 500 others waiting to transfer at F2, we ran into serious bottleneck at security check, and then again at border control, as very few staff were working. It was so bad at security that when the opened up two more spots, people removed the lines and rushed all the security check throughs. No security staff to control things. At border control, only 2 people were working for non EU traveller. Finally another staff showed up and shouted rudely at the crowd - everyone is trying to get me to make them priority and what do you expect me to do, I can’t do anything! Although immensely disagreeable, he did try to help by stopping a group who jumped over the line guards to but in front of others and then allowing handfuls of people go to the two fellows managing the almost unused EU check point. We were lucky that with so many our flight, they held it almost an hour. We need to transit through CDG on our way back and I am already dreading it. Air France flights are terrific and awesome service, but after this, I’m not going thru CDG again.