Paris CDG Airport

"ridiculously overpriced"

Not Verified | As one of Europe's largest airports, I did expect more in the way of facilities however I flew in and out of Terminal 2E which is ridiculously overpriced and lacks the basic facilities of a modern-day International Airport. The signage is poor and the airport staff seem adamant to only want to speak French. When you go and look at purchasing some basic food in the airport then don't expect anything great! Security transfer times also despite being 12pm were just poor and it took a very long time to do the most basic of tasks.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"Terminal 2A was terrific"

Not Verified | Terrific airport. I was wondering what to expect after reading bad reviews. Terminal 2A was terrific. Clean, quiet, great Parisian restaurant on 2nd floor, had a wonderful meal. No problem charging our devices. Easy and quick check in. And the shopping - Gucci, Christian Dior, and anything else you can imagine - terrific shopping. Clean, alot of places to relax and prepare for flight.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"Cleanliness is very limited"

(Morocco)

Not Verified | At terminal 2E gates L 23 25 and 27. Cleanliness is very limited, especially in the restrooms. At terminal 2E gate 27 electric plugs do not work. Security personnel seems to be more smiling and courteous at gate L than at gate M. No defibrillators in sight and no safety staff in sight.

"Abysmal organisation"

Trip Verified | Terrible airport! Abysmal organisation, never ending and poorly signed pathways, incredibly rude or altogether disinterested staff, disrespectful with customers, squarely ignoring the public or making jokes and chit chat as if in their local cafe. The same can also be said of the French police staff upon arrival, happily chatting away about their fascinating weekend instead of processing passports check efficiently (1h queue 3 weeks ago upon arrival!). CDG has got to be the absolute worst customer service and attitude in the world! A disastrous image of French service, food, and hospitality. Only redeeming features are the free wifi and the somewhat improved look and feel. Avoid if you can.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"a refresher course in customer care"

Not Verified | Arrived here after a two hour delay with Vueling, (enough said about them, I will be leaving a review for them about their service). We knew that we had missed the last free train to our hotel. So went to information to ask how to get there. The hotel had already told me there was a free shuttle to them, running between the times the train is not. Ladies on Information had no idea, and when I showed them the email and directions from the hotel, they still had no idea, but had just remembered that the last train went at 1.20, so I needed to run to the train station with my luggage and son to get the train. Quick, you run. Trusting them we took off only to find after a 10 minute sprint, that the trains had, as I thought stopped running already, I bet the ladies had a good laugh. Me, not so happy, luckily after wandering around the empty railway station, I found a security man who took myself and my son to a taxi. By this time we had given up trying to get the free bus shuttle, and just wanted to go to bed. The ladies at the information need a refresher course in customer care, and maybe a reminder that people have a duty if care in the information they give to people.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"airport is truly poorly designed"

Trip Verified | Just avoid it if you can. A great holiday in France can be marred by the airport experience. We had a transit in this airport and the authorities clearly are trying to step up their game with additional people trying to direct you through what must be one of the worlds great mazes. Signage is very ordinary (good then just dropping off leaving you head swivelling about where next) so the help being provided is an essential. Transiting this airport can be difficult and we are well travelled. The airport is truly poorly designed with lots of corridors and connections between areas required. What they haven't obviously been able to fix is the arrogance and rudeness of their staff despite their presence. They really struggle with the concept of dealing with guests in their country that may not speak their language fluently and general customer services - just does not seem really in their DNA. They are at best cold to deal with if not downright rude. We originally boarded in Marseille (which is not a good experience either) and were not fully ticketed for no apparent reason so need to get boarding passes for follow on legs with only 1 hour 20 mins transit time - though bags labelled to final destination! Thus started our scavenger hunt for the elusive internal ticket counter. Multiple redirections later by their staff and we end up at the desk with a bunch of other passengers in the same predicament. This was a indifferent however functional service here. then multiple more check points (pointless it seems as we are already in a secure area and cleared customs) before the gates. Here once again after lining up to get to the plane and frankly exhausted by the run around we run into another redirection to the Air France "service" staff. What the point of the exercise is unknown being yet another need to go through the boarding passes but the cherry on the cake is the utter rudeness of the Air France Staff - breathtaking really. When I pointed out this is our third boarding pass check in the agent goes on to tell me that this sis normal in airports. Having travelled multiple times a year internationally and almost weekly domestically I point out to her my experience is its very unusual. At this point the agent asks if anyone can speak French (my wife and kids) and then refuses to talk to me and will only speak to my wife in French. Wow never ever have I been treated with this level of blatant disrespect but wanting to finally board the plane just shut up and let her have her little empire. The services in the airport are well serviced although very crowded and busy. The food quality is generally below par for an international airport but you can find some reasonable offerings if your selective. The airport wife didn't work for any of us.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"worst airport in Europe"

Not Verified | Paris CDG is indeed the worst airport in Europe. The only chance to get a connection even within the Schengen space is to have 2-3 hours time in between. I have never walked such distances to make a connection. I takes ages and there are barely moving walkways that accelerate the run. The most absurd thing I’ve ever seen is Terminal 2G - it is at the end of the world, it takes ages to get there, it is small, has little services, is uncomfortable. Why does this exist at all? It looks like a low-cost type of terminal. But I am here on a standard airline ticket that costs 10 times. I missed my connection yesterday and waited over one hour to get attention from customer service (I was standing in the priority line!). Four people were all gathering around one who was on the phone for 45 minutes, answering with aggression to our attempts at getting attention. When I finally got the hotel booked and the voucher for a dinner at the airport, all the restaurants at CDG had already closed (10pm!) and there was literally nothing more open. It took me a while to find my way out of the terminal towards the train because there were no signs. You have to know this place if you want to find your way - otherwise you are lost. Please, send a delegation of CDG managers to Schipol, the best airport I know. Efficient, short ways, good customer services, transfer points everywhere organized with a number system so that people do not have to stand in line for hours.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"will never depart from CDG again"

Not Verified | At Air France K39A I stood in line for over 2 hours! They only had one staff memeber working. Each guest took 30 mins to move 1 person. The staff did not try to call for help or ask for a manager. Having to wait over 2 hours is unacceptable. I will never depart from CDG again. If you want to wait and wait and wait, CDG is right for you! What a shame.

"This place is a maze"

(Bulgaria)

Not Verified | Lost my luggage and parents luggage traveling on 2 different dates. They know this is an everyday occurance and aren’t doing anything about it. This place is a maze, there are 2 terminal 2E good luck finding your gate as a first time visitor. The staff don’t care about you but run outside when it’s time to smoke a cigarette ie coffee shop workers at gate the 69 to Bulgaria. Avoid this airport, never again. Also they requested a boarding pass for buying water like I’m there by accident.

"It's very cold inside"

Not Verified | I'm currently sitting in terminal 2E waiting for my departure. 1) It's very cold inside. If you are staying waiting for the next flight long time, make sure you have clothes to change (from shorts to thick pants and some sweater on top). 2) The only place to stay overnight without leaving the airport is the 2E terminal. But! It will be cold at night as well. Bring by all means possible - a decent blanket! You will absolutely need it! Take earplugs as well - people do not respect calm and privacy even past midnight: especially of this football-soccer these days - everybody seems to be unaware of dozens of people sleeping here and there. 3) Very poor choice of food counters - McDonalds and some fancy snack bars. For comparison: I pay let's say 3 cad for coffee back in Canada, the airport charged me 4 euros for the same amount! If possible - bring snacks with you. Bananas, sandwiches, fruit, nuts - I was lucky enough to have it. Do not waste your money on the local snacks - they are not worth it. Too pricy! 50 euros per day of waiting (in terms of my meals)? No way that's happening with me. 4) Make sure you know what terminal you'll be flying from. It can be found via ordinary google question - "your company - number of flight + flight terminal" or as in my example: "air france 356 flight terminal". Heed my warnings - it will happen with you as well.