Paris CDG Airport

"has the rudest staff"

Not Verified | This airport has the rudest staff I have encountered. Avoid if you can. The border officers seem to enjoy humiliating passengers and refuse to speak to them in any other language other than French. I get that this is France but this is also an airport, I would assume at least English is a must for that job. The officer threw my passport at me and yelled in French for no reason. It creates a terrible image of France.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"This airport needs closing down"

Trip Verified | This airport needs closing down. I have never experienced such rudeness from staff and an airport in such disarray before in my life, even giving them a 1* rating is generous. I had a layover in this dreadful airport between my flight from the US to the UK and it was dreadful from the moment I stepped foot off the plane. I had been travelling for 2 days because of cancelled flights and was re-routed to this airport and never again will I accept a flight to this place. Security was slow to the point we missed our connecting flight. They literally just stood and took forever to scan bags and call people through. When I went to the desk to be rebooked on another flight I waited nearly 50 mins to be seen and not once was I spoken to or kept in the loop on what flight I was being booked on, just told I would need to fly to Amsterdam to then go back to the UK, the guy was rude and wouldn’t listen to a thing I was saying. I walked all over the airport and had to go through security twice in two different parts of the airport. There is no structure or clear guidance on where you need to go, the signs are so confusing and each person of staff I went to for help would ask if I was French or English and when I told them English they would walk away or completely ignore me! One guy at the desk even told me if I didn’t stop crying I would be denied boarding after I went to him for help due to travelling for 2 days with a young child and feeling like no one was helping. We were stuck in this dreadful airport for 12 hours. The food was disgusting and expensive, people who were visiting the airport were rude and had no issue in banging into you without as much as a sorry. It was over crowded so no wonder the virus spread like wild fire and to top it off they didn’t even load the plane with our checked luggage so now we are left with no bags and still waiting over 2 weeks later! Air France are a complete joke too but that’s for another review. Absolute shambles of a airport!
Date VisitJanuary 2022

"in the security line for over 4 hours"

Trip Verified | The CDG security team was on strike on 19th November and were antagonistic. One of the officers was screaming at passengers, trying to intimidate and venting his workplace frustration on travelers that had zero control over his plight. We were in the security line for over 4 hours even though we were on a connecting flight. We missed our flight and had to move quickly to get a spot on another flight leaving that day. Most of the fracas could have been greatly mitigated with a minimum of crowd management smarts and organization, none of that was happening.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"no offer of help from the staff"

Trip Verified | My husband and I had travelled from St Maarten and required a wheelchair this was arranged through KLM we were collected on arrival on Sunday 28th November and taken to the next departure gate this was approximately 6.45am we had to wait over 6 hours for our connecting flight to Manchester as our original flight had been cancelled this was not a problem we understand that these things happen At about 45 minutes before our flight was due a young man came with a wheelchair for me, checked my details and said he would return a little later another man came and took my husband to the plane when he returned he said his colleague would come for me I waited until nearly everyone had gone onto the plane and asked the departure gate staff to find out what was happening but was just told 5 mins I knew my husband would be worried so I decided that I would have to make my own way to the plane with no offer of help from the staff at the gate. I would like to say that the service I received from the staff was disgusting and after travelling through ti's Airport many times I have found my journey through this airport sadly lacking. It has taken me a week to recover from this unexpected disaster at CDG and I will urge anyone who needs assistance at this Airport to consider going another route as this was not a one off experience at this Airport on this holiday. I don't think I will be travelling through this airport again I will have to find another route.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"queues lasting well over an hour"

(Central African Republic)

Trip Verified | Of all the major transit hubs in Europe, this must be the most unpleasant and inefficient. This is largely due to the attitude of the security personnel and of the border police. In November 2021, well after the start of the COVID pandemic, there were queues lasting well over an hour to get through the security check and the passport control. Some incidents with the security personnel and the border police give at least a partial answer why. They also show that the unpleasant situation was needlessly made worse by these persons' pettiness and arrogance. After having waited interminably to get to the front of the queue for to have my security inspection, I was sent to a side room where there was an especially long queue. Fortunately, I had extra time. The border police were even worse. People began to get nervous, as they reached their boarding time and then missed their flights while waiting. Some approached the police to ask for help. The reaction of the police was to scream at these people. Two women were particularly rude. While they were right to tell the panicking/stressed passengers that there were many others in a similar situation and that there was nothing they could do, they did so in a particularly harsh way. I was standing near one of these policewomen and told her that she might be a bit more polite in her communication - after all, it was not these nervous passengers who had created the chaos. She then screamed that she would tell the person in the booth not to let me through! While she ultimately did not seem to dare to do this, she did enter the booth where I had presented my passport and tried to create an incident there. Again, her pettiness made it more important for her to hassle me than help speed the process or to provide information to passengers. The airport has long distances between gates, but is clean and has some decent options for eating breakfast. Lunch and dinner are a bit more of a challenge. The shops are nice, but very much focused on luxury brands. Seats are reasonably comfortable.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"CDG is extremely cumbersome to transit through"

Trip Verified | CDG is extremely cumbersome to transit through. It feels like the airport was never designed for it as all the transit corridors seem to have been added up to the space. Very torturous path to get from one terminal to the next with upstairs, downstairs, zig zags, tunnels, bridges. None of it is mechanical and when there is an escalator it is so small no one can fit a cabin luggage! The police checks are slow with most booths closed and long queues. The automatic passport checks are not working properly. The gates at terminal 2F are in a weird shaped glass egg with no room to sit. The gates are so close to each other the passenger are all on top of each other and the whole airport feels like it is too small for the amount of passengers it can handle. Shopping seems fine but they have put huge shops where there is no room for passengers creating a claustrophobic experience. Just a huge mess.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"I recommend this airport"

Trip Verified | I use Paris CDG when I departed from Paris CDG to Washington IAD. Both ways, the airport staff were amazing, helpful & humble. When I returned to Washington IAD, at the checking point, I didn’t even have to put out my shoes as they have a special machine for checking shoes. The airport is clean, the seats were comfortable & they have sockets for charging, the carpets & toilets were also clean. The food specially croissants made me gourmet The people at the front desk were helpful. The taxi system are well organized. I recommend this airport for international flights.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"There were no proper signs"

Not Verified | We arrived from a super nice flight from Lima with Air France in Paris CDG. We had 2h transit time planned (we thought it would be enough time because our luggage was checked through to Zurich). Unfortunately, it wasn‘t enough time. There were no proper signs where to go to the supposed gate. As we arrived at the one sign, that direction was closed (no one knew why). There was no redirection, just a man standing there redirecting us. There we had to walk through the customs, completely check out and check in again. No one was there helping us. Nevertheless, we missed our flight. But that wasn‘t the end of the story. We had to pick up our luggage again to check them in newly, but as we already left the airside we weren't able to get to the luggage pick up. As we asked at 4 different counters, they were not able to get our luggage or even to find out where it is. Now we have to fly back, 7 hours later, to Zurich without knowing if our luggage will arrive in Zurich with us too or where it even is. Just redirecting people instead of helping doesn't make nice customer service guys. Never seen such an unorganized airport and I already saw a lot. If you want to fly transit in Paris, make sure you have 5hr spare time or more.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"the most inefficient service ever"

Trip Verified | Absolutely, mesmerizingly idiotic customer service and the most inefficient service ever. Came to the airport 4 hours before the flight. My wife and I checked one bag, same as our return flight. We did not get souvenirs in the excess of 2 lbs, so the weight was basically the same. Busy day, so we had to wait an hour to get our bag checked. They weighed our carry on bags in front of the security gate. So guess what? We had to go back to the security gate. The guy that weighed our bag sent us to the wrong bag checking station. We thought that this was an express line of some sort since we were like 2 and 3 kg overweight. We walked all the way to the wrong place, the place they told us to go. By the time we found the right place to check our 2 to 3 kg overnight bags, we managed to make it into boarding just in the nick of time. I remind you again. We got to the airport 4 hours before departure. 4 hours. The place is run by absolute clowns.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"So many employees are rude"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | I had a terrible experience going from terminal 2E to 2F at the security check located before Passport control. My hand luggage was flagged because I had a bag of creams, gels and liquids in a clear bag that was bigger than 1 liter. I did not understand what the female employee wanted me to do. I told her I do not speak French well, and she soon started yelling at me. When I understood that she was going to throw out anything that did not fit in the resealable bag, I told her that my husband was ahead of me making the line for Passport control and asked if I could call him over, so we could put things in his suitcase, too. (Since we didn't know about the one-liter rule, we had put all of our liquids, gels and creams in my bag and he had none in his bag.) The employee angrily refused to allow this. I put certain creams in the resealable bag while she held it, and even though there was room for more things, she yelled that I was not allowed to add or trade any of the items left out. I was frustrated and nearly in tears when her supervisor (who does speak English) came over. I asked him why she was keeping a container of my thyroid pills, and he said they were allowed, so I put it in my suitcase. Why did the female employee take my pills out then? When I told him that my husband had no liquids, gels or creams in his bag, he told me to call him over, but by then my husband had already made it through Passport control. Why did the female employee refuse to allow this earlier then? He also let me add some smaller things to the bag, while the female employee still yelled in French that I should be allowed no more. I was able to seal the bag after adding more items, so why did she refuse to let me try? In reading their regulations now, I see that prescribed medications are not part of the 1-liter restriction, but this employee threw out even two doctor prescribed creams, my sanitizing gel and was ready to throw out my thyroid pills had her supervisor not come to assist. In reality, there was only one item that should have been thrown out because it was 118 ml. Everything else would have fit in our two suitcases. This employee also refused to explain things clearly, yelled at me and wouldn't budge on allowing me to rearrange, or even touch, items in the bag. All of this happened while I was rushing to catch my flight in gate F31 with very little time because the airline had made a mistake with my husband's reservation. I was able to make it on board because I ran from Passport control. I do not think airport security personnel has the right to mistreat and belittle passengers that are confused by the language and regulations that vary from airport to airport. My bag went through three security checkpoints that day (in San Diego, Paris and Venice) and only in Paris was I forced to discard gels and creams. This female employee should not be dealing with passengers. At first, she was slow in checking the bags that were flagged while passengers are rushing to catch their planes, and then, she grew impatient and angry because I was confused. Are all passengers supposed to understand French to be treated with respect in this airport? I live in Italy and travel often. This airport has left a bad taste in my mouth. So many employees are rude and going between terminals takes too long. I will avoid flying through there at all costs in the future if I can help it.