Paris CDG Airport

"lot of time traveling between terminals"

Trip Verified | The bus between terminals: be prepared to spend a lot of time on traveling between terminals. The bus goes only clockwise (look at the map) - I lost my lounge because I did not have time to go there in Terminal D. The bus route is actually quite winding with lots of left and right turns, and stops. Do not expect the bus driver to speak English. I was not given clear directions about how to get from terminal 2C to terminal to 2E (gate 45L). The bus stop says "2E" gates K. Where are gates L? Two CDG people sent me in two opposite directions. Apparently they do not know the difference between "before" and "after": "Before (after) the Chanel store". I had to pass the security check twice: one after leaving terminal 2C and another one after entering 2E gates L. Transfer: to reach Terminal 2E gates L and M you have to take a train that is not reflected on some of the airport maps. Convenience: surprisingly, there are no bars in terminal E, just a few "convenience store" type shops.
Date VisitJune 2019

"What an awful airport"

Not Verified | What an awful airport. For the size of this airport I would have expected a lot more facilities. On departing from terminal 2E I could not get any hot food, my flight was at 11:30am so not unreasonable, or I had to pay €20 for eggs in a range of varieties from scrambled to omelette. I rated the Air France flight highly but having to go through this airport again would put me off using this airline. This airport should look at Schiphol airport. Similar size with an abundance of amenities and very well organised.
Date VisitJune 2019

"waiting in line for 30 minutes"

Not Verified | My flight from Mauritius arrived on time. When I got to the security I noticed the long line. I asked a staff member if i was going to make it to my connecting flight in time (by that time I had less than one hour left until the gate closed). The lady said I was going to make it. After waiting in line for 30 minutes I got to the security check. I had to throw away the water I was carrying. Once I got past the security I had to run to my next gate. Before getting to the gate I had to go through a passport check. Luckily the lady let me skip the long line, but she said I was fine and I was in time for the flight. After the passport check I ran to my gate, which was a very long run. I arrived at the gate 7 minutes after the gate was supposed to close. Luckily it wasn't closed yet and I still managed to get on the plane. Two staff members said to me that I was definitely going to make it to my flight, but if I listened to them and didn't run to my gate I would've missed my flight! They did not take me seriously and no one seemed to care about me probably missing my flight. Terrible service and grumpy people.
Date VisitMay 2019

"people should still be treated with respect and understanding"

Trip Verified | I was departing from Paris CDG airport today and experienced really disrespectful behavior by one of the security team staff. I am 4.5 months, visibly pregnant and asked the team whether it would be possible to be manually checked instead of passing through the security x-ray frame. I do prefer to avoid this for the baby. I am a frequent traveler and in the last couple of months I traveled to London and Amsterdam and it was absolutely fine in both places. One of the members was ok to let me through for manual check but then a woman arrived and started almost shouting at me. Saying there are no exceptions, I must go through the x-ray and that she doesn’t care that I would prefer avoiding it. I also mentioned that it was fine in other destinations and so she went on: “This is Paris, we do it like this and you must follow”. She forced me out to take the scan. While I completely respect and understand the need for checks and security, and would never try to do anything to avoid or undermine it - I do believe that people should still be treated with respect and understanding. The aggression, rudeness and arrogance of this woman is really not acceptable. I did go to her and asked for her name to complain officially - she refused. I spoke to her managers then, their “regulations” don’t allow them to give any names. Well, I made myself clear at least, and even though I know that they probably don’t care and won’t take any major actions - like a proper training of their staff, I do hope that this woman will remember me and treat others better and respectfully in the future. Be prepared for such treatment when traveling from Paris airport.
Date VisitMay 2019

"terrible, ugly, depressing, unorganized place"

Not Verified | My wife and I had the great misfortune of connecting thru Paris on a recent trip to Europe. After a wonderful and restful vacation we arrived in Paris with what we thought was a 3 hour layover. Turns out we need all of those three hours just to navigate the horrific lines. Felt like Disney lines but with yet another poorly organized line after another. I will do my best to never fly thru Paris again. What a terrible, ugly, depressing, unorganized place.

"Very very frustrated"

Not Verified | I missed the flight to my home due to poor poor transit system in Paris CDG airport. I flew in from Rome Italy and my final destination was Detroit U.S. The layover was one hour, pretty tight. There was a huge line for stamping. Airport staff separated the line for EU members and non-EU members. I waited 40 minutes there and there was another huge line for bus to my gate. Definitely there got to be a better way to handle. Very very frustrated.
Date VisitMay 2019

"not a cleaner or member of staff in sight"

Not Verified | The most disgusting toilets I have ever seen and not a cleaner or member of staff in sight for the 3 hours I was there. Goodness only knows what would have happened if there had been a security incident. The only staff I could see worked in the shops or flight check-in. There were long queues for the toilets and they were filthy. Nowhere near enough - unisex - and about 10 toilets for about 20 gates! Only one toilet actually flushed, the sanitary bins were over-flowing and they were an absolute disgrace and health hazard. There was a large pile of sick outside the only ladies toilets and that wasn’t cleaned up for the 3 hours I was there. Beyond words - and by far the worst airport experience I have ever had.

"Terrible bathrooms"

Not Verified | Terrible bathrooms at terminal E2 on L concourse. Very dirty, men using women’s stalls instead of their own. Not many stalls to begin with and then several inoperative. Very gross and France should be ashamed of the impression this leaves on visitors connecting at their airport. Leaves me not interested in visiting this country again.
Date VisitMay 2019

"Not enough seats and bathrooms"

Trip Verified | I thought this happens only in the cheap airlines terminals, but apparently even if passengers pay a high price for tickets they also have to go through a terrible conditions of this terminal. Totally wrong scale, overcrowded, not enough staff, not enough food place, bathrooms, bad signage. At the departures I was looking for the hall 4, I entered in front of hall 2, so I thought that following the circular shape I will eventually reach nr4. I was wrong. I went around and after longer walk through crowds and queues that went out of control, I reached hall 3, and then hall 2 again! I went to the outer circle, and I saw hall 4 sign, with an arrow pointing down. I also saw hall 5 and 6 pointing down. So I took an elevator to go downstairs, but downstairs there was only 5 and 6. So I went back up, and went around again, found hall 4. There were only 2 employees at the desks, it took forever because with any non-standard situation (like somebody having bigger bag) it took them so many calls, consultation with colleagues etc. than I was waiting there for about 40 min. The "futuristic walks" through the centre are cool but it’s difficult to overcome people as it’s too narrow, especially if you are rushing. The departure gate namely 66 is hidden behind a bar, so takes a while to find it. Not enough seats and bathrooms. Can’t see shops, or food , besides just one sandwich kiosk, walkways are too narrow, people camping on the floor. It’s like Ryanair or worse!

"completely inconsiderate"

Not Verified | My wife had wheelchair service requested. It was not provided at the gate in Paris, to take her to the gate to her final destination. Delta flight attendants told her to wait at the exit from the gate. An airport worker sent her to a "transfer" place, where two women checked her boarding pass, told me to wait and left. After two hours of waiting she decided to risk walking to her gate on her own. She is not supposed to walk long distances, it can aggravate her medical problem. It was very difficult, but she managed to get to the gate. Every single person she addressed during this ordeal was rude to her, and completely inconsiderate. At the gate to her final destination there was no place to sit, as the area was full of people, and there were no handicapped seats.
Date VisitApril 2019