Paris CDG Airport

"I have to do things myself"

Trip Verified | Check-in counters at the terminal 2F are self check-in and I have to do things myself. TSA passed smoothly. Airline staff at the gate was overly arrogant. There was no priority boarding for infants, elderly, etc provided by the airline.

"Very stressful for all"

Not Verified | Worst airport experience ever. We had a family vacation in East Africa and ourselves plus an additional family member had connecting flights through CDG. Due to delays, we had 1 hr to get to the next gate. Trying to navigate from arrival terminal to departure terminal were ridiculous. By the time we arrived at passport control to get to our final departure terminal our next flight was boarding. Queue at passport control was at least 500 people long with 1 poor staff member trying to assist everyone who was in a similar boat as we were. Made it to the gate 15 minutes after it supposedly closed and managed to get on the plane. Senior member of our family was connecting elsewhere in the airport and had mobility assistance. All people with mobility assistance were put into a room and had boarding passes taken away as staff were likely trying to figure out where they all needed to go. No communication with them and nobody spoke any English to the seniors. Very stressful for all.

"Avoid this airport"

(Puerto Rico)

Not Verified | Avoid this airport, if you are in Europe it's easier to go in and out of Paris by train. My backpack got flipped over because of a cream that only had a little left and they took it because it says 4oz, and it didn't even have 2oz inside. That's not the bad part. The man that was checking my backpack took out a clear bag that only had a small toothpaste and my toothbrush. He could see what was there and he open it and touch the toothbrush with the gloves that he was touching everything from everybody. It was unnecessary to touch something that I use to clean my mouth. I had to throw it away, that so unhygienic. People romanticize Paris, but is a dirty and unhygienic city, and the airport was no exception.
Date VisitMarch 2023

"an hour queue at immigration"

Trip Verified | It took hours of queue after queue to get to our gate and we only made it because my mother has a disability and we’re given access to cut a few lines. Upon our return to Paris a week later, it took 20 minutes to deplane, there were police at the gate checking every passport before you could leave. You arrive to an hour queue at immigration, then an infuriating line to go to baggage claim. This is the messiest, most chaotic, infuriating airport experience I have ever experienced.
Date VisitMarch 2023

"have ANY DISABILITY AVOID this airport"

Not Verified | Arrivals are good! Easy to navigate and get luggage. Departures were a DISASTER because of the 2023 strikes. The MEDICAL EMERGENCY line was DOWN, leaving I and my friend in an uncontrolled crowd of hundreds of people unable to get help until we found a crew member pushing through the crowd. There was a multi-hour wait just to get your gate pass and passport checked, and a crowd of ALL passengers for EVERY flight in a crowded hallway, waiting for staff to call your flight so you could go to security, which was itself another hour. This hallway was overcrowded, and without emergency exits. There was also nowhere to sit during any of these waits. If you have ANY DISABILITY AVOID this airport.
Date VisitMarch 2023

"CDG you need to do a lot better!"

Not Verified | I can't even begin to say how awful this airport is! So disorganized! I was traveling with a disabled friend from Charles De Gaulle to Manchester and returned to Charles De Gaulle who needed assistance (Manchester was great, they could not have done more to help), CDG staff should go to Manchester to see how it should be done! She had booked special assistance, it was ok, the lack of understanding of what disabled people actually need, the lack of signs for disabled facilities is appalling! The Terminals are so badly organised and confusing, lack of staff to ask, we also witnessed a team of disabled girl rugby players who when we was on the lift to the aircraft (this was in Manchester the ground staff were great!) They knocked on the easyJet rear door, the door was opened, one of the disabled girls was wheeled to the door of the plane and helped to stand and walked on to the plane only to be told by A French stewardess, no she would have to go back on to the lift as catering had not been loaded! It was too cold to have the door open even though the other side rear door was open! The ground staff were astonished at how rude the French stewardess was and to make the poor girl struggle - Unbelievable! CDG you need to do a lot better!
Date VisitMarch 2023

"has really improved over the years"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Paris CDG Airport has really improved over the years, becoming clean and glamorous. I was transiting from South Africa to Geneva, and I managed to pass security and immigration into Schengen in less than one hour (way better then Heathrow or Frankfurt). Overall, despite the size of the airport, quite impressed!
Date VisitJanuary 2023

"found the arrivals experience to be okay"

Trip Verified | Arrived from the United Kingdom and found the arrivals experience to be okay. Extended walk from the plane to the baggage area, which can be expected at a large airport. Toilets in arrivals at Terminal 2 were not the cleanest and the environment feels very industrial and business like. Little bit of a maze outside and trying to find transfer but got there in the end. Been to Paris CDG many times in the last 20-30 years and there’s been major changes during this time. Departures experience was very mixed. The attitude of staff managing the border control queue was appalling, splitting up a family with children is disgusting and to stand and argue with a passenger with everyone looking is just embarrassing. Overall security was poor, staff very stern and did not seem to care about the customer experience. Another passenger fell behind me in the queue because of the fast paced environment, and staff just looked and didn’t even help and just sighed. Passenger very clearly wasn’t drunk and when a member of our party helped them up, were very apologetic and embarrassed. Once past security, boarding areas are very good and plenty of space to relax. Maybe could have done with some more stores and restaurants and a few more buses, but overall, not too bad.
Date VisitNovember 2022

"whoever doesn’t speak French to avoid this airport"

Trip Verified | As you can see in the boarding pass the assigned gate for flight AF 010 was M24 at terminal 2E, which we confirmed on one of the the flight status screens upon arrival to the airport. We went to the gate and waited there for boarding (we were in group 4) so when we got to the line we realized that gate was relatively small for a flight to NY, also we found weird that announcements were only made in French (for an international flight?). We asked one of the guards on the lane and he informed us that the gate was changed to M46, about 300 meters away, with only 10 minutes to close the boarding process. My wife and I had to run to get there, after a security check we finally got to the flight. There was no announcement of the gate change and we didn’t receive any notification from the app on my wife’s phone! The only intention of this review is to advise whoever doesn’t speak French to avoid that airport and that airline for safe travels. Thank you.
Date VisitDecember 2022

"unable to enjoy the shopping"

Trip Verified | Check in staff are rude and unprofessional to me. Arrival police check points / Immigration was unproductive, unhelpful, we had waited over 1 hour. Security screen officer was asking me to take 2 small 30ml bottle out of my 1 litre transparent / clear bag (bought this purposely designed for airport security), and put into a thin clear bag she gave to me. I asked her what's the difference, she smiled, and said "I don't know". Badly designed Terminal (not inter connected, for example T2 K has the most shops but we are unable to enjoy the shopping due to departure at T2A and T2E.
Date VisitDecember 2022