Paris CDG Airport

"excellent shops, restaurants, airport lounge"

Trip Verified | CDG, in my case, did far better than what seems to be its general reputation. My itinerary was GOT-CDG-DTW. The Hop! flight arrived at terminal 2G, and I had the imipression "we're going to need to take a bus to the terminal." Not so - walk down the stairs from aircraft and just a few steps to the terminal door. Then down long, drab concrete hallways (an infirm person might want a wheelchair service) to passport control to leave Schengen area. Passport control officer courteous, time waiting in line to clear this control < 2 minutes. Well-organized buses, good signage, to ride to terminal 2E, gates M. In that concourse, excellent shops, restaurants, airport lounge (SkyTeam). At gate for departure to DTW, I was randomly selected for extra screening. In sharp contrast to TSA, I was graciously offered a chair to sit on while taking off my shoes and putting them back on. This screening took 5 minutes. Aircraft needed de-icing, and that operation was efficient (< 10 minutes) - we arrived at DTW early.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"Security was also painfully slow"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Only Depensar in Bali is worse than CDG. The staff are mostly rude and you have to exit security to change gates even when connecting flights. Security was also painfully slow considering there was only 1 person ahead of me. Toilets were disgusting and only one was cleaned in the 12 hours I was at terminal 2E. Also, I paid for Starbucks with USD, which meant change was given in Euros (understandable and fine with that) - however, the price was more than double the exchange rate! I don't know how they justified $14 for a small cappuccino and the staff were rude when I queried it.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"avoid this airport whenever possible"

Trip Verified | I don’t want to exaggerate and say this is the worst airport I’ve ever been to. Buenos Aires is probably worse (2+ hr immigration queue). Lagos isn’t great. But, essentially, avoid this airport whenever possible. Immigration queue is incredibly disorganized and takes forever. Terminal transfer is done by bus and requires multiple transfers, multiple stops (over 30 mins to get from Terminal 1 to 2E, gates K). Probably the most mind numbing is that areas within the same terminal are not connected behind security and require bus connection. For example to get from Terminal 2E, gates K, to Terminal 2E, gates, you need to exit security, take a bus to gates L, re-clear security, take another bus, and then you’re back at 2E, gates K. Talk about insane! Oh and they seem to have removed the departure screens (see screenshot). Like I said- if you can transfer at Amsterdam, Frankfurt, or even (gasp) Heathrow, please do yourself a favor and choose that airport over CDG!
Date VisitDecember 2018

"always a pain to be had"

Trip Verified | This is always a pain to be had at CDG. I always feel this aiport so cold and unfriendly. So big and when you have delay so uncomfortable. It is hard to find a plug when you are low on battery and toilets are dirty. Nevertheless it is quite easy to find airline's counters. Biggest Airport in France and the many international flights for French are here for departures.
Date VisitDecember 2018

" horrible customer service"

Not Verified | The staff was very rude to me. I am an Elderly Handicap person who has a heart defect and a deteriorating bone condition. The staff forgot me and two other elderly handicap passengers who were flying internationally to Houston. They caused an extra 10 hour delay. Your staff made me get up and walk. I was out of breath, my heart was racing, and i couldn’t keep up and the lady that was responsible for escorting us didn’t even care. The worst part is they didn’t provide any kind of food or water for us while we waited for the next flight. It was your staff fault that the three of us missed our flight. How in the world do you forget about three handicap passengers? Absolutely horrible customer service. Never seen anything like it.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"Hours spent queueing for customs"

Trip Verified | One of the most unorganised airports I’ve ever encountered. Hours spent queueing for customs, security and train tickets. Add in defending your spot in the queue because they have no queueing system, just lining up down the arrivals hall. Total chaos. And treated like cattle by staff. Won’t be flying to Paris again anytime soon!
Date VisitNovember 2018

"tried to explain the rules"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | My bags were checked by security lady who doesn’t understand english with a rude way. I was travelling with baby and she has already knew it but throw my breastfeeding milk (only 1 bottle). First she wants throw with the bottle to but i asked to throw only the milk. She told to throw outside which means i have to get long queue again. I looked the garbage bin was beside her and she didnt allowed me to throw there. I tried to explain the rules that i can bring it to the plane and she doesn’t understand at all.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"no maintenance being carried out"

Trip Verified | I use the easyjet to UK terminal every 5 days, having done so for the last 2 years. As we have a internet age and we all need access for various reasons. One would expect a reasonable level of serviceable power receptacles and usb sockets to be available at one of the biggest airports in Europe. This is not the case here at gate D67 for example, has a desk with power and sockets. Hours service as they say in France nothing works sockets held together with tape! Most people just see this shortfall on very view visits, I have seen this getting worse each week for months. There seems to be no maintenance being carried out ? So if your unfortunate enough to be coming here bring a back up power supply for your phone,pc etc. Or you may be without contact. The WiFi is okay if you have power to get it.

"Very disrespectful"

(Colombia)

Trip Verified | Upon asking for information regarding my boarding pass, 2 ladies standing before the counter on Gate L42 at the morning were unwilling to help. After directing me to someone else, out of pure laziness, both talk to each other in French and comment, amongst laughs, how stupid my question is, not even realizing I can understand and talk French as well. Very disrespectful and angering!
Date VisitNovember 2018

"no information about the disruption"

Not Verified | Touched down at around 22h30 and was caught by surprise that there was a rail maintenance work going on thus no train from all the three CDG terminals. There was no information about the disruption of RER except a simple announcement, no staff from the airport nor from sncf that direct people where to go and what to do. This is the worst airport I have ever been. In fact this is the second time I bumped into such situation. It is a shame and I seriously cannot understand how they can be so bad!