Paris CDG Airport

"It is a totally surreal experience"

Trip Verified | I am used to travelling via terminal 2, since I usually fly with AF/KLM. This time I used terminal 1, flying with Qatar Airways. There is no word to describe the state of this terminal. It is sub-par, not even at the level of some third world countries. It reminds of the old domestic terminal at Manila. It is so old, messy, there is no space, not enough seating, next to zero shops or food. It is a totally surreal experience. Nothing has changed since it was built. Once that you reach your satellite, you are stuck in it! In it, one toilet, 3 stores, little seating and a A380 to fill up. It is a total disgrace to France. Yet the French still take pride in ADP and run against its privatization. Most of them have never used CDG obviously. Alas, if you come to France, you'll have to deal with this pathetic airport, run by "fonctionnaires".
Date VisitJuly 2019

"an absolutely awful airport"

Not Verified | CDG is an absolutely awful airport and I will do my best to avoid it all cost in the future. My friend and I arrived very early (as we were dropped off for our 2.00 flight around 8). We were at Terminal 1 which I know is the oldest part of the airport. We had to wander around a bit as we kept getting different answers as to where the check-in for Icelandic Air was. We found a self-check in kiosk and printed our boarding passes and tags for our checked luggage. We then had to wait until 2 hours before our flight before dropping off our bags or going through security. I had a tea from the Starbucks downstairs which wasn't too overpriced but the shopping was limited at this terminal. We went back upstairs but had no idea of knowing which counter would be for Icelandair as there was no permanent sign since they apparently share counters space between airlines. There was no place to sit and see the counters so we had to camp out at a section of seats behind a wall that prevented us from seeing anything. My friend kept getting up to see when we could check in as we were unsure if the 2 hours meant 2 hours before boarding or departure time (it was departure time). Around 2 and half hours before he said there was finally a sign for Icelandair and there was suddenly a massive line. Apparently there were to flights departing within 10 minutes from one another and everybody from both flights was expected to check there bags in at the same time. Checking in at the kiosk did absolutely nothing as we had to wait on line for about 2 hours to check our bags with everyone else. I will say that going through security was fairly quick but the whole experience was stressful and we kept getting different answers whenever we were able to find someone to ask a question. The check-in experience for Icelandair at Newark airport was vastly superior.

"Extremely time consuming"

Not Verified | Extremely time consuming to move from 1 terminal to another when in transit. It took me 30 minutes to go by bus from 2E to 2D and 20 minutes from 2D to 2E on the way back. From landing to the arrival to the connection flight terminal 1h15 minutes - and my flight was 1h10 late! A proper transportation system by fast train is desperately needed. There is no proper food available in Terminal 2E, only second class sandwiches.

"not a lot of queuing"

(Réunion)

Not Verified | This airport is huge and I really like it. The staff is great, they helped me when I need and it was a good experience! The Duty-free is really cool too! There's a lot of signs to help us and not a lot of queuing.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

" fine example of an inefficient airport"

Not Verified | CDG is a fine example of an “inefficient airport”. Time from landing to getting into taxi was 1.5 hours. Perhaps all the passport control staff were on strike or maybe they simply don’t care. A long passport control to exit the gate followed by a longer passport control line.

"Absolutely ridiculous"

Not Verified | Arriving by taxi it was obvious your traffic control is non existent. An hour to get through border control. Absolutely ridiculous. Nowhere to get a coffee or food. You score 2 out of ten from me. For an international airport it is laughable.
Date VisitJune 2019

"competent and kind staff"

Trip Verified | Very competent and nice staff! Especially Bégam and Inets at the Skin Care part of Duty Free Shop. They told me about the voucher program that others should have told me as well but didn't. I'm so glad there are such competent and kind staff working at the airport. Thank you a lot, I'll come back again to Paris!
Date VisitJune 2019

"lot of time traveling between terminals"

Trip Verified | The bus between terminals: be prepared to spend a lot of time on traveling between terminals. The bus goes only clockwise (look at the map) - I lost my lounge because I did not have time to go there in Terminal D. The bus route is actually quite winding with lots of left and right turns, and stops. Do not expect the bus driver to speak English. I was not given clear directions about how to get from terminal 2C to terminal to 2E (gate 45L). The bus stop says "2E" gates K. Where are gates L? Two CDG people sent me in two opposite directions. Apparently they do not know the difference between "before" and "after": "Before (after) the Chanel store". I had to pass the security check twice: one after leaving terminal 2C and another one after entering 2E gates L. Transfer: to reach Terminal 2E gates L and M you have to take a train that is not reflected on some of the airport maps. Convenience: surprisingly, there are no bars in terminal E, just a few "convenience store" type shops.

"What an awful airport"

Not Verified | What an awful airport. For the size of this airport I would have expected a lot more facilities. On departing from terminal 2E I could not get any hot food, my flight was at 11:30am so not unreasonable, or I had to pay €20 for eggs in a range of varieties from scrambled to omelette. I rated the Air France flight highly but having to go through this airport again would put me off using this airline. This airport should look at Schiphol airport. Similar size with an abundance of amenities and very well organised.
Date VisitJune 2019

"waiting in line for 30 minutes"

Not Verified | My flight from Mauritius arrived on time. When I got to the security I noticed the long line. I asked a staff member if i was going to make it to my connecting flight in time (by that time I had less than one hour left until the gate closed). The lady said I was going to make it. After waiting in line for 30 minutes I got to the security check. I had to throw away the water I was carrying. Once I got past the security I had to run to my next gate. Before getting to the gate I had to go through a passport check. Luckily the lady let me skip the long line, but she said I was fine and I was in time for the flight. After the passport check I ran to my gate, which was a very long run. I arrived at the gate 7 minutes after the gate was supposed to close. Luckily it wasn't closed yet and I still managed to get on the plane. Two staff members said to me that I was definitely going to make it to my flight, but if I listened to them and didn't run to my gate I would've missed my flight! They did not take me seriously and no one seemed to care about me probably missing my flight. Terrible service and grumpy people.
Date VisitMay 2019