Orlando Airport

Orlando Airport customer review

I worked in Florida for a while and was a regular at the airport! I have seen it where everything is open no delays and everything is quick and goes to plan - I've also seen the complete opposite! As for facilities these are what you would expect in an Orlando airport - generaly a good choice and selection of near enough everything. The terminal (land side) makes for an interesting wander.

Orlando Airport customer review

When we arrived from the UK from the back of a 747 I expected a long delay through immigration however I was pleasantly surprised to see all booths manned and the process only took about 30 minutes. However customs randomly x-raying baggage is a new one for me and one or two people were struggling to get their bags on the machine. Departure was good with plenty of choice for food at reasonable (for an airport) prices. Also there was plenty of room for passengers to sit.

Orlando Airport customer review

Only 4 out of the 26 available desks for non US citizens (both US citizen desks were open and then closed once the US citizens were processed) were open on arriving into the immigration hall at Orlando. I appreciate there may not be full availability of staff as it was Sunday afternoon but overall I feel this is poor planning on the part of the authorities. There was a group of officers standing in one booth chatting and seemingly indifferent to the melee forming in this hall. They are undoubtedly aware of the number of overseas flights and should plan for pax arrivals accordingly. After a long wait two more desks were finally opened to process more people thus causing a mini stampede. No security search on arrival this time around (I have commented on this previously and wondered why this was). Pax are now permitted and actively encouraged by staff to put their suitcases on the train rather than use their slow belt system after clearing Customs. Orlando has a nice departures area which a wide range of shops and restaurants (particularly landside but airside is good too especially when compared with some other US airports). There are now a wheelchair line and a families line at the security checkpoints on departure. Lines move very slowly.