Orlando Airport

"bathrooms filthy and smelly"

Not Verified | If I could give this airport a 0/10 I would. Driving into the airport required a toll road and most rental cars charge more without sun pass. When we finally made it into the airport the signs to return rental cars were quite confusing, we had to go around the entire airport to return our car, when we finally made it to the terminal. the TSA line was long. Food options were very limited and the bathrooms were filthy and smelly!!
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"no one cares about customer service"

Not Verified | The customer service at Nathan's and Burger King on gates 60-99 are the worst customer I have ever received. More than 15 people on line to order and only one register open. The employees show that they do not care. Nathan's always runs out of food that’s in the menu daily and even forks. Looks like no one cares about customer service at those two locations.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"Waiting time, almost an hour"

Not Verified | This is the third time that I have to wait so long for our baggage. That happened in July with Southwest and in December with Spirit and Frontier. Waiting time, almost an hour.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"the most unfriendly airport"

Trip Verified | Terrible signage, terminal train out of service, police officer unprofessional when asked a question. I have traveled 24 round trips this year and find Orlando to be the most unfriendly airport in my long travel history. You know when NY and NJ is better there is a real problem! It is very obvious no cares here, what a shame. At the end of the day one airport has to be the worst and it’s Orlando!
Date VisitDecember 2018

"airport has done away with special assistance"

Trip Verified | Three planes came in together and there was over 800 people in the immigration hall with three officers on. We saw people collapse and children were crying. We waited over two hours as this airport has done away with special assistance, my wife has muscular dystrophy and is in a wheelchair. We will never again fly into this airport. It’s appalling. What a horrendous way to treat your visitors. Virgin sent us a text before we arrived apologising for the wait in the immigration hall so obviously people had complained to them.

"there is no signage"

Trip Verified | Orlando International has two separate security check points in terminal B that are gate specific. Our boarding pass that we got printed a few minutes prior to going through security didn’t list a gate. Having not been to the airport before we just got into the first check point with our kids and all the carry-ons. It took about 20 minutes before we got to the TSA desk at which time they told us we had to leave and go to the other check point. We then waited in line another 20 minutes to get to the security screening in the second checkpoint line. Our complaint is that first the gate should be printed on the boarding pass as clearly the TSA counter had this information 20 minutes later. Second, there is no signage or employees going around checking to inform travelers they are in the right checkpoint. We all expect some wait at the airport but things like this are simply maddening! Further, when we talked to the TSA folks, they rolled their eyes like this is a very common thing and they wished it wasn’t that way. So my question is this, why isn’t the airport leadership taking this on as an issue to be corrected? Also, the gates for Delta were super crowded! We had to stand the entire time waiting to board, which isn’t easy with small children.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"the worst I have ever seen"

Passport control at this airport is the worst I have ever seen on this planet bar none. Our plane landed from London at 5:50pm, the air bridge took 15 minutes to dock at the aircraft. Then we were told that the customs hall was overloaded and there would be a passenger hold on the aircraft for a further 20 minutes. Despite being first off the plane we then waited in line for another 2 hours. Customs was also no better, there were a total of 6 CBP lanes open for all arriving visitors. My wife also got a secondary immigration inspection for the apparent reason that she would be staying too long (we were on 2 one-way tickets) despite us both being on the same bookings and me being admitted without question. That whole process took another 90 minutes of waiting for a single CBP officer. So after landing at 5:50pm we got to our rental car at 10:30pm. We will never use this airport again. Orlando lives from tourism and frankly with a welcome like this they can keep it. I would give zero points if allowed.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"employees rude and offensive"

Not Verified | Avoid at all cost, this is the worst airport I have flown into. The employees are rude and offensive, do yourself a favour fly to Sanford. I will not be flying with Virgin again because they land at this airport in the looses term, I would give it minus If it would let me.

"avoid at all costs"

Not Verified | TSA lines 30 minutes or more, and the airport authority staff sitting in various places around the main floor do nothing to inform. This place used to be one of the best. I would now avoid at all costs. Horrible treatment of the flying public.

"What a joke!"

Not Verified | What a joke! The staff members at this airport are the most rude and ignorant people I have encountered in my life. Be prepared to deal with the worst attitudes possible and for no apparent reason. I have traveled to this airport many times and this will be my last! I refuse to deal with these security and ticket staff. From now on I will just fly into Tampa and drive to Orlando.
Date VisitOctober 2018