Orlando Airport

"Absolutely worst TSA service"

Not Verified | Absolutely worst TSA service out of every airport I've ever flown from and/or to. My girlfriend is a diabetic and we were waiting on our connecting flight. I asked 3 different TSA agents whether we would be allowed back through after having to leave out the terminal to even find a vending machine. All 3 said that we could re-enter with no problem. Once we attempted to reenter we were then told that we couldn't and would have to wait until 3am when they could process us because our flight left at 0830. Keep in mind I had already provided connecting flight info to the 3 that I previously asked to avoid having to wait in the long line that will be formed by then. Not a one mentioned that I would have to wait. All 3 told me and my girlfriend that as long as we were back by 12am then we could get through. To make it even better, the night supervisor Alberto was extremely rude and unprofessional and talked to me like I was below him and had a very condescending attitude. I will be directly contacting TSA regarding this and this will be the only time that I ever set foot in this airport again. Any future travel plans to the city of Orlando are hereby gone from my thoughts if this is the quality of service that they provide.
Date VisitOctober 2022

"75 minutes to get through passport control"

Not Verified | We landed at the airport and it took over 7 minutes to reach our docking station at Terminal C. We were some of the first off due to the class of ticket we had purchased. We then had a 7 minute walk up hill to reach the baggage claim area. There were 4 such carousels and we waited just under 1 hour to collect out bags. They seemed to arrive just about 10 at a time and then wait more until the next 10 came. We were very lucky as just on other carousel was being used. We then had to wait 75 minutes to get through passport control. The old system allowed you to pass through passport control first so the first class passengers went through first. This also allowed time for the bags to arrive and then you were on your way. Passport control first makes the whole process much faster. We then had to walk a far way to reach the trains to Terminal B in order to pick up our car. We landed at 7.25pm and we drove away just before 10.00pm. Someone needs to look into this as passengers will choose airlines that still arrive at Terminal B.
Date VisitOctober 2022

"Extremely poor planning of the layout"

Trip Verified | Extremely poor planning of the layout and opening for the new C Terminal. Be prepared to walk “7 minutes” (a sign tells you like you’re on the freeway lol) up hill to get to the baggage and customs area. Then be prepared to wait another hour plus to get your luggage, presumably because of the distance. Then wait to catch a bus to terminal B to get a car, etc. It’s not even beautiful. The flooring choice couldn’t have been a cheaper epoxy. I noticed the ceiling tiles in the main baggage hall were already dirty since I had nothing to do while waiting for luggage (you’re not supposed to use your phone in this area). Oh yeah, the LED signs were really nice if you ignore all the wires hanging out from the sloppy installation,
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"don’t want to wait for a bag for 1.5 hours"

Not Verified | British Airways flight from London, arrived at 630 and no gate sat on runway for 35 minutes, then some gate issues. Gate issue was British airways problem plane in gate had mechanical issues. Now the fun starts, the walk to customs was a long one, elderly will have an issue with the walk time. In the new terminal international flight baggage is sent directly to the customs area. So you are supposed to pickup your bag and go directly to customs. Now this sounds like a great idea but it’s a disaster. After the long walk I hit the baggage claim at 715 pm, another British airways flight on the same baggage carousel and it’s huge. I finally received my bag at 8.25 pm. I believe they are shipping the bags via conveyor from the gate to customs, that is a long haul and it showed. When I left at 8.25pm, 1/3 plane still waiting for their bags. Plane landed at 6.30pm didn’t get home till 10pm with 1/2 hour ride home. If the long conveyor ride for the bags is the problem they have to fix this and quickly, after a 8 hour plus flight you don’t want to wait for a bag for 1.5 hours.

"Worst experience ever"

Not Verified | Our arrival was to terminal A, but our departure coincided with our airline moving to the new terminal C. It’s quite a distance to there, and after walking down long corridors, and negotiating various lifts we finally arrived. Before check in there is only one place to get refreshments, and they were terrible. Despite a board showing a variety of coffee, the only offering from the poorly trained staff was plain coffee , given plastic cup and told to fill it myself from a tepid jug. Check in staff also untrained and dismissive, barely polite. Security another nightmare of errors and misscanning. Airside no better, very little choice of refreshments and a vast almost empty area. Again staffed by poorly trained staff. Worst experience ever, how can you open a new facility in such a busy airport, and not have all the training in place. Never again.
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"my first and last time here"

Trip Verified | Why would an authority open a terminal that has no restaurants, no bars, no shops, no currency exchange, no coffee shops, and the ticket counters lack ability to correspond with the airlines for customer service questions. Why pretend to open on time when the terminal was clearly not ready? Clearly the management has no consideration for travelers, nor shows proper management skills. Better to drive to Tampa with their world class airport. This is my first and last time here.
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"I had an overall good experience"

Trip Verified | I had an overall good experience at MCO. While I don't think most airports warrant the reviews they usually get, no airport will ever get a 10/10 rating because the staff are always indifferent, tired, and unfriendly and Orlando is no exception. But they kept everyone moving effectively. Most memorable were the bartenders at the Outback steakhouse in Airside 4. They were in good spirits and seemed eager to be good hosts. The central building was clean and nicely designed. I don't know what it is with Florida airports and monorails, but the system to get you to the gates worked smoothly. The airside building with the gates had a good design because there were lots of amenities in the central part and from there it was 5 minutes or less to any gate. I will warn you that your experience is bound to suck if bad weather causes delays. My flight was delayed 2.5 hours because of a torrential thunderstorm. Orlando is busy because so many small planes are arriving from various places across the country. Delta must have a flight to Atlanta alone every hour. That meant that when the storm ended, the delayed flights were departing at the same time as the flights that hadn't been temporarily diverted. The halls with the gates became extremely crowded and it took almost an hour to takeoff as my flight had to wait in a bloated queue for takeoff.
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"unsympathetic sometimes rude workers"

Not Verified | We arrived within the airline recommended window to catch our 6am flight with what we thought was time to spare. After waiting in one line (following signs) we were told to move to another line for self baggage check-in, only to then have to move to another line to wait in to actually check our bags as if the airline wants as little customer interaction possible. Staff have been polite but a very standoff-ish, forced polite. We then waited in TSA line for well over an hour although a 24 minute wait was posted, rushed to the gate only to be told, along with about 20 others, that our flight was no longer boarding with no guidance or assistance as to what to do to rectify the situation. We secured an alternative flight home on our own, but the two waiting areas at the gates we sat in while waiting were both infested with ants. This flight, 9 hours later, was eventually delayed by 40 minutes and ultimately over 2 hours. Just issue after issue in an unclean place with unsympathetic sometimes rude workers.
Date VisitAugust 2022

"I am sorry but you should not treat anyone like that"

Not Verified | I don't have the words to describe what an absolute disaster this airport has become. I have lived in Orlando for 34 years and fly frequently. My entire family, adults with their family flew to Dallas. We got there in plenty of time and went to each park 2 cars in the A/B parking lot. There was no signage stating it was full and had to go to the new terminal C. We entered the garage to be told we had to exit and go to C, which by the way is further and unknown. We left and both have clear to be told by an attendant it was a charge of $1.00. We asked how since you could not provide us parking and also exited as soon as we could. Then we drove to C and each parked. The signage there is terrible and also very isolated. My daughter, 6 year old grand daughter got lost and ended up in a closed parking lot. Finally my son was at shuttle and guided me to the terminal to take the shuttle. By then I was so upset I wanted to cry. We finally got to the main terminal and used clear but my son and family got stuck in the security line. His family thankfully made it only because Spirit was running late. Had it been on time they could have missed their flight. We as a family did our part arriving with ample time. This could have been avoided by letting people now to go only to terminal C. I am sorry but you should not treat anyone like that. Travelling these days has become harder and harder. Don't put more stress on us. We pay a lot to fly with most airlines just awful. I hope this is read by someone that will attempt to make it a better situation. My family has to fly to California in July and honestly we are all dreading it already.
Date VisitJune 2022

"TSA is absolutely atrocious"

Not Verified | The TSA is absolutely atrocious, they can’t process individuals fast enough because some of the members rather have conversations with the customers instead of processing them. The lines literally stretch across the airport so you would think it goes without saying to keep your conversation to a minimum. Beyond that, the airport is actually fine.
Date VisitMay 2022