Orlando Airport

"bathrooms were marginal and unpleasant"

Trip Verified | Lines for checking in were understaffed so the lines were long and unpleasant. The lines for going through security were impossibly long. That area was clearly understaffed. The monitor claimed it would take 23-25 minutes, but it took us 45 minutes. The waiting area for Delta was filthy. The chairs were disgusting. Many of the chairs were actually broken. There were not enough places for people to sit. The food available was very substandard, and the selection was way too limited. The bathrooms were marginal and unpleasant. Often 2 or 3 announcements were blasting at the same time making it impossible to understands any of them.
Date VisitJanuary 2023

"Terminal C arrival is a nightmare"

Not Verified | Terminal C arrival is a nightmare. After a 4 hour delay we arrived late, the walk from the gate to the baggage claim is long. Very difficult for even minor mobility issues. There were at least places to stop and rest along the way. It is a very long walk across multiple levels with no moving sidewalks or golf carts. It probably took me 1/2 hour to reach the baggage claim where I waited another hour for the bags. Decided to walk over to the car rental desk to find out where to get the car. Turns out you either have another long walk to take the tram to terminal B or you wait 30 mins for a bus. My flight landed at 10 and I got to my Disney Hotel at 2.00 am. Will be hard pressed to fly any airlines using Terminal C unless they make improvements.
Date VisitDecember 2022

"Terminal C is horrible"

Not Verified | Terminal C is horrible. Very poorly designed. The walk from the gate to baggage is so long with no people movers. I use a walker and I know that no one with any kind of mobility issues will be able to walk the half mile to baggage. To get to baggage also requires going up two levels. Yes there are elevators but the buttons are at the end of the bank of 3. I literally pushed the button 3x and the elevator opened and closed before I could reach it. The fourth time I ran and managed to jam my walker into the closing door to get it to open. Signage is also not very clear, but three of us finally figured out how to get to baggage. I was last off the plane, had to wait 10 min for my walker, took 20 min to walk at a decent pace to get to baggage, was directed to the wrong carousel and when I arrived at the correct carousel the bags still were not coming out. There were 5 stops before I finally got my bag over 30 minutes AFTER I reached baggage. From the time we reached the gate until I got my bag, was over 70 minutes! At the VERY LEAST this terminal needs people movers. If you have ANY mobility issues or are even a little out of shape count on 20 min to get to your gate you are almost forced to take a wheelchair even if you normally can navigate with a cane or walker. Terminal C is a nightmare. I hope they correct the problems before I fly Jetblue again. So poorly designed.

"unfriendly and inconsiderate"

Not Verified | Orlando airport terminal C has a steep walk of about 10 minutes upon arrival. This is not consumer friendly at all, particularly for older people like myself and my wife. They don’t have any alternative arrangement like escalator or elevator. This is really shameful! No other airport in the US or anywhere in the world is so unfriendly and inconsiderate to senior citizens like us.
Date VisitJanuary 2023

"Terminal C is not age friendly"

Not Verified | A brand new Terminal C. Once you have checked in and head towards security they have a coral. Now with 8 people already at security and a attendant or whatever they call her standing there. My husband who is 80 and suffers from Neurapathy and I am 70 suffers from arthritis we had to walk back and forth back and forth about 6 time. It did not occur to this person to lift the rope for us to go straight ahead as there was nobody else there. I could understand if there was a queue. This Terminal C is not age friendly. The next time we fly Aer Lingus we will have to take a wheel chair that otherwise would not be needed .
Date VisitDecember 2022

"our return was a nightmare"

Not Verified | Just returned from Thanksgiving trip on JetBlue from Albany NY. Our trip out was easy enough but our return was a nightmare. We arrived at 8.03 at Terminal C. Had to walk over a 1/2 mile from the gate to baggage claim, up 2 floors to get to baggage claim area. There was no tram cars available to get a ride on. I am 75 yrs old and my wife is 72. We both have to issues walking distances, and needed to stop a few times to carry on. At the baggage claim we didn’t get our bags until 9.00. This is not a terminal to use for the elderly or those who have problems walking.
Date VisitNovember 2022

"what happened with the design"

Not Verified | Terminal C - what happened with the design of this $2 Billion investment? The parking lot is a nightmare! The arrival hall is on the second floor and the departure on the bottom. Who flipped it on its head? The train station is bigger than average European airport train stations and there are no trains for at least another year and then there will only be a train that goes in one direction to Miami and stops in Cape Canaveral for the cruise connection. Everything in this airport is awkward to say the least. All the food outlets are after security and the multi floor building looks like a greenhouse that lets the sun in - and this in Florida? What about sustainability and eco friendly mess. I am saddened at the thought of the expense of such an expansion of a major airport that starts of at the wrong foot. It is clear that the designers never traveled abroad and checked in at other airports from Beijing to Singapore or Hong Kong just to mention a few new airports that are inviting and welcoming. The proof is clearly in the day to day operation: I counted 20 ambassadors helping travelers find their way just from the parking lot to the security area on a regular light travel afternoon. Check it out for yourself!
Date VisitNovember 2022

"Arrival at the new terminal C was a joke"

Not Verified | Arrival at the new terminal C was a joke. First the key code to the jetway was lost so we waited 40+ minutes to get off of the plane. Than you have to walk a half mile to the baggage claim up a maze of walkways that are not friendly to passengers that are ederly or have health issues. Than there were only a few customs agents and 500-600 people trying to get through. Took an hour from plane through customs. Than nobody picks up at C because its to far away so you have to walk another half of a mile to the tram, take it to A or B and then catch your transportation. We could have driven to Fort Lauderdale and flown from there and it would have been faster than traveling terminal C. The desighn is terrible. I blew out my knee 3 weeks ago and it was just on the mend and now it's re-inflamed. This terminal should be shut down.
Date VisitNovember 2022

"terminal C is a nightmare"

Not Verified | We used to like this airport, but terminal C is a nightmare! 15 minutes until our airplane reached it's parking position, then a 10 minute walk to the baggage claim - no moving walkways - very bad, if you had a long flight, waiting for the bags to arrive and then waiting again for immigration. We touched ground at 6.15pm and exited the airport around 8pm - there were only 2 other flights coming in at that time, imagine, what happens, if it is busy.
Date VisitOctober 2022

"Terminal C just isn't ready for passengers"

Not Verified | Terminal C just isn't ready for passengers. Poor/no road signage, no staff on hand for assistance, no car rentals available, baggage claim woefully inadequate, not allowed to bag drop at terminal instead have to go to terminal A&B and make the long hot outdoor journey from the train to terminal, no trolleys available for transfer to terminal, poor seating, no decent restaurants open, no vending machines, restrooms soaking wet with no hand soap, all staff claim not to work there. Only upside is TSA employees actually have a personality. Honestly, be prepared to be underwhelmed and bring water.
Date VisitOctober 2022