Manchester Airport

Manchester Airport customer review

Standards definitely seem to be on a downhill slide at this airport - noticeable over the past 5 years. Generally use T2 - check-in queues are usually just about acceptable (we usually fly early morning) but delays in getting through security are becoming a real deterrent to using this airport. Over an hour's wait on our most recent departure just to clear the secure area. Completely understand the importance of security measures but the airport needs to employ more staff. We were in T2 in August and it seemed quieter than usual - however the food court still had debris all over most of the tables at 6am. Dread to think what it must be like later in the day. Knowing that we normally board approx 40 mins before departure time we presumed that we were on for a delay when nothing appeared on the departure boards - thankfully we strolled down to our gate to double check - only to find that boarding had commenced. No wonder you hear so many last minute calls for missing passengers. My main gripe however is the experience on return. It is not unusual to wait over 30 mins for an airbridge. This is bad enough but then you have to tackle the immigration process - woe betide if a large aircraft has landed from outside the EU - could be an hour's queuing. Once that hurdle has been overcome there is the joy of baggage retrieval which seems to take longer at Manchester than anywhere else. These issues need sorting as they are worsening every year and Manchester "International" Airport is starting to resemble the gateway to a third world country.

Manchester Airport customer review

Touched down from Abu Dhabi arriving at Terminal One. This airport looks old and drab compared to the modern airports of the Middle East. Did not have a pound coin to secure a trolley and struggled to find change anywhere. On my way out was expected to pay for a plastic bag to go through security with liquids. I think it's time Manchester Airport makes it's mind up: does it want to cater mainly for the package holiday market or does it want to be a major player attracting the big carriers.

Manchester Airport customer review

We have flown from Manchester on a number of occasions without problems. We will only fly from Manchester again if we are unable to find flights elsewhere. We arrived at Terminal 1 at 7.25 am for a 9.30 am flight information having indicating check-in began 2 hours prior to take-off. Check-in completed quickly and on to Security to find a huge queue of people. We learnt the queue ended quite a distance outside the building with no- one to advise what was happening eventually an employee asked passengers to follow her to the front of the queue. Surely the airport authorities should try to offset this by ensuring all security terminals were open to allow a much quicker flow of passengers. We eventually got through Security and saw our Departure gate was open we practically ran through Duty Free/Shopping area in order to find our Gate. Our return flight was spoiled by the wait for luggage coming off the plane.

Manchester Airport customer review

Arrived and returned from T3 in Manchester. A good all round airport. Well laid out and well maintained. Despite being pretty large it was easy to negotiate with enough security that were warmer than in most airports. Food and shopping in T3 is good with plenty of bright inviting shops. Although based on the food outlet I used for coffee and snacks pricing was reasonable.

Manchester Airport customer review

I have travelled through Manchester airport many times and I have never found a problem. I am quite happy to queue at security if this means security are doing their job. I don't shop at the airport prices can be a little expensive but no more than other European airports. I have travelled via all 3 terminals and will say it is one of the cleanest airports I know.

Manchester Airport customer review

Arrived T2. First time back for 10 yrs drinking fountain did not work and did not have 1 pound for the baggage trolley money not required in Brisbane Munich & Singapore. I dragged my family & suitcases out into terminal shabby & poor first image of UK experience. Went to pick up hire car closed in T2 at so had to drag suitcases all the way to T1. Agree with other reviews about going up to security long queues forced to walk through duty free. Little selection of shops or facilities for a major international airport fruit machines everywhere. Must say though all staff very cheerful and helpful. Need's to improve if UK wants to the break free of tired run down image.

Manchester Airport customer review

Terminal 1 seems to forget that not everyone wants to be bombarded with noise/music from retail & food outlets. Ridiculous route from aircraft to passport control up & down stairs then joining another queue. Not welcoming if you're in a wheelchair as it appears difficult to manoeuvre. Then everyone is made to enter a set of metal barriers (surely a hazard in such small space?) all heading towards passport control unlucky to have just got off Emirates because this flight alone was enough to fill passport control. For people arriving the first time especially if having been to Singapore Paris Hong Kong etc their impression will be one of dismay; it's like a "before" picture that hasn't managed to make it to the "after" stage.

Manchester Airport customer review

Flew out to Amsterdam with KLM from T2. Despite checking in online there was no bag drop everyone had to stand in the long check in queue. Up the escalator to the shops. Going through security was quick. I had planned to have some breakfast but the food area looked grubby even at the start of the day so I got something from Boots. On the return the queue for passport control was huge. Husband got through the iris scanner ok but it rejected me. When that happens you're supposed to be able to go to the front of the queue but I had to go to the back by which time another plane had landed and the queue was even longer. When I finally got to the front some 20 mins later they were telling people to have their passports ready and to go through as a family group to speed things up. The officer told me that they'd been having problems with the iris scanner rejecting people and they didn't know why. They had the booths there they will be using for biometric passports and I believe that will be their focus for the future as apparently iris has turned out to be a bit of an expensive white elephant.

Manchester Airport customer review

Manchester airport is trying! Still needs work on the cleanliness of it's restaurants. Had breakfast in the healthy choice area in Terminal 2. Food was good but the table chairs and floor all around were filthy went to another table/area same problem - ended up going to get paper napkins and cleaning the table myself. The seating/floor area needs a thorough cleaning at night time when there are less people eating at the restaurant. We travel a lot and Manchester airport has the potential to be a first class facility.

Manchester Airport customer review

Travelled to Tenerife on 3rd Jun. Long queues at check-in desks really bad queues on return on 17th Jun at border control on return to UK. Returned on flight of 350 people and only 4 personnel at border control queuing for 30 mins. Then sent to the wrong carousel for baggage our bags were nowhere in sight. We were told to go to another carousel and a few bags from our flight appeared. Then there was another wait of about 20 mins with no bags before they started to appear. In total it took us 1.5 hrs to clear the airport. It is disgraceful. This is certainly not the first time we have had problems with border control queues and baggage collection at this airport. We will travel from East Midlands in the future.