Manchester Airport

"Most appalling service in all areas"

Trip Verified | Most appalling service in all areas. Very intimidating security with the most stupid and nonsense procedures which don’t make a flight any more secure. It seems as if they employ staff who leave their remains of a brain at home when they come to work. Moreover the amount of shopping offers you have to work your way through till you are able to get to the gates feels like a violation of my right to choose with whay kind of marketing I am bombarded with. Will try to avoid this airport.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"airport is just a high cost bus station"

Not Verified | Drop-off parking is just robbery wearing a uniform. I have always viewed this airport as a jewel in the crown of the North West, but they have just proved to be the same cowboys as every other rip-off airport in the UK. This airport is just a high cost bus station. Shame on you!
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"we had extremely good experiences"

Not Verified | I know this is going to be surprising, but we had extremely good experiences travelling through MAN T1 recently. I was amazed at the difference from previous times using this airport. Security on departure was polite and friendly to the point of joviality. Both our bags were diverted for manual checks (correctly, as we had forgotten to take out certain items that should have gone in the tray) and these were done quite swiftly, with everything being pleasantly explained. On arrival (6:30 a.m.) there were no queues, passport scanners worked fine, and our priority bags were in the first 10 or so to be delivered from the A380. We were in the car within 20 minutes of leaving the aircraft. I have to give MAN 10/10 and say that I would recommend, based on this experience.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"no customer service skills"

Not Verified | Disgusting customer service around the car park of Terminal 1. I was spoken to very rudely and in a patronising manner by a woman in a high vis jacket when I asked her for directions. Totally unnecessary and downright rude. Then on my exit out of the car park, I asked the man over the intercom a question about payment and once again I was patronised for absolutely no reason. These people have no customer service skills and are unnecessarily rude.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"like something from the 1980s"

(Luxembourg)

Not Verified | Terminal 3. Grubby, slow, what few staff there are are rude and uninterested, very slow security with sarcastic security staff. Toilets dirty, seating area cramped and badly organised, poor choice of food and drink outlets. Non existent wifi. Overall like something from the 1980s.

"I now dread using it"

Not Verified | I have used Manchester airport many times in the past but I now dread using it. Queues are always awful, staff not interested, just an all round horrible start to a holiday, and having to pay to pick up or drop off is corporate greed at its worst. The management seem to bury their heads in the sand and always have an excuse blaming everything but their incompetence to run an airport. Hate it.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"staff are lazy and uninterested"

Not Verified | This has to be the worst airport I have ever flown through. The staff are lazy and uninterested (particularly in the car park and security areas) and at times verge on arrogant. They would do well to remember that without the passengers they wouldn't have jobs. The whole set up is old and tatty and inefficient, staff standing around chatting and hugging one another while passengers are waiting to be processed. I long got the day when I never have to fly through this horrible place again. Take a leaf out of Leeds book, they actually know how to run an airport. Sort your car parks out bunch of arrogant robbing con men.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"experience fills me with dread"

Not Verified | I have extensive experience of many airports around the world. I can honestly say that Manchester is by far the worst. It is worse even than all 3rd world airports I have used. The whole experience fills me with dread in the anticipation of what is come every time I have to arrive or depart. The facilities are old and tatty, the staff are rude and uncaring and the security staff have no consistency in the way they manage. Over the past 10 years I have seen a gradual and steady decline in standards. The Manchester Airport Group (MAG) have recently introduced pickup and drop off charges. They will not doubt defend that decision as helping to reduce vehicle traffic, or even under the banner of some environmental initiative. Well, I don’t believe them. This in my opinion is yet another cynical attempt to extract more money from travellers. Will it help to fund improvements in infrastructure or improve passenger experience? I don’t think so. I think it will just help to improve the annual bonus of executives. For many of us there is no option and we have to use Manchester Airport. But, if there is any other option I will always take it.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"worst airport in the world"

Not Verified | Just collected our dear friends from the Tenerife flight landed at 6.55pm Tom 2203, we had to go to the new terminal 2 multi storey car park, we could not even get in we had to quueu to get in. When we finally got to the barriers there were 4 lanes that all had to turn left to get in with no dedicated lanes we had to edge in bumper to bumper and side of car to side of car so close there was beeping/shouting and we could hear arguments at the barriers to get out too. You drive all the way round on the ground level to the disabled bays where are friends have to wait as they are disabled. Cars where trying to back out to exit and had nowhere to go as we where all coming in, they were forcing there way out because of the charges and time limits and even unconcerned about pedestrians with cases and children trying to find there taxis or lifts. We could not park our poor friends had to jump in the car as we gradually moved along, then we too had to queue to get out. It took longer to get in/out of this awful car park than it did for our friends to get off the plane collect their cases and get through security. The worst airport in the world and we've been to many. This system is not working, and wont work even when it's finished, its mainly due to the greedy airport owners, something needs to be done NOW but of course that won't happen until someone is killed in that airport car park. From What I saw tonight I'm afraid that wont be long. If you have a choice go to another airport. Ps. we flew into Manchester Terminal 2 on 3rd January after being away for new year, please be aware if you have mobility problems it's a 1 kilometer walk from the gate to security far to far away.

"it is appalling"

Trip Verified | The worst airport in the world. When we arrived at terminal 2 on the 11th January 2020 at 20.15 we were appalled at the long walk after departing from Jet2. We also waited ages to get through passport control. After a lovely holiday we had to cart 4 cases to the west point for our taxi. We are in our 70s and our backs were sore by the time we got there, it spoilt our holiday. The queue was long and taxis all over the place, we spent nearly 2 hours in this airport, I booked good flights we only live 30 mins from the airport and we did not get home until 10.45. It puts you off. Something must be done, what about people in wheelchairs experiencing this horrendous state of affairs. It has put us off going abroad, we travel 4 times a year. I have spoken to my friends and they agree it is appalling please take note.