Manchester Airport

"does not care about customer service"

Trip Verified | Tui flight TOM 2623 landed from Palma at 15:47, my wife and I eventually received our two cases in T2 baggage handling at 17:20, a wait of 93 minutes, which, (considering there was only one other plane, from Tenerife, being unloaded at the same time) is completely unacceptable. The luggage when it eventually started to be delivered, appeared in dribs and drabs of 3-4 cases at a time with long periods of total inactivity, just what was going on? Needless to say there was no explanation provided for this prolonged delay, nor were there any handling agents available to enquire of. We were not the last to receive our luggage as there were 20-30 people still waiting after we left the baggage hall. I will in future choose either Liverpool or Leeds-Bradford to fly from as it appears that Manchester Airport Group just does not care about customer service, meeting acceptable service levels or communicating operational inefficiencies - I will vote with my feet !
Date VisitOctober 2021

"Bullying rude security staff"

Not Verified | Bullying rude security staff, horrible cramped queue in T1, shouted at and humiliated by a security man, left me in tears. I would rather not travel than use this horrible airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"Barbaric treatment!"

Not Verified | The worst experience of my life in T2! Arriving to my home country and city after a slightly delayed flight from Malta - first holiday in over 2 years to stand in a 2000 people deep, super spreader event queue for passport/border force control for almost 3 hours! There were only 4 passport control officers on duty! Herded like cattle, with no opportunity to social distance on a hot August day, sun beaming through large windows with no access to toilet or even water! So say customer service staff useless - how were they socially distancing the at least 5/6 flight loads of passengers? All mixing from our green to amber destinations - incredible! Barbaric treatment! Even though Manchester is my home town I cannot see my family and I travelling through this airport again!

"The staff are rude"

Not Verified | This airport has the slowest, worst and inefficient airport security system I’ve ever seen at any airport. The staff are rude, lecture you on hidden rules regarding what needs to go inside a tray or not. Twice I’ve departed Manchester in a month, both times it took almost an hour to get through security, with most people’s bags being set aside for secondary inspection. The equipment they use is either broken, old or incorrectly setup. There were more bags on the secondary inspection belt than the main one. A trash airport experience, I understand security has to be high - but I fly all over the world regularly, and this airport security is the worst I’ve ever encountered. Avoid if possible.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"a pretty dire experience"

Not Verified | Extortionate drop off charges. 0 to 5 minutes cost £5! A real rip off and sets the tone for the rest of your experience at the airport. Mayhem at security, underwhelming departure lounge, poor sign posting, and gating areas too small so passengers including families with small children are having to queue up the stairwell. Overall a pretty dire experience.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"Very rude staff at security"

Not Verified | Very rude staff at security at terminal 1, need retraining. Hall small, cramped, long queues. Some chairs in seating area ripped. Expensive parking. Will need to train staff at security.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"Awful security processes and rude staff"

Not Verified | Awful security processes and rude staff. Recently had the misfortune to travel via Manchester airport’s T1 - out of the numerous flight journeys we’ve made worldwide, Manchester airport has been our worst security experience by far. They have the most pointless, inefficient system we’ve come across anywhere and nothing that makes air travel any safer. This is topped by the rudest, most unprofessional staff who should never be in a customer-facing role. Every electronic item has to touch the tray base 100% with not even any overlap, bags ‘lengthwise’ even if it fits perfectly inside the tray any other way, bags containing liquids can only be in their bags even if its only 1 chapstick in a slightly bigger bag - and there was a seemingly middle-aged male security staff who kept rudely shouting at my children and I even while we were trying to sort items as per their rules, leaving my children upset and worried. I was made to go through the body scanner and then frisked again by a security staff, not sure what the point of the body scanner was then. It took us around a 45-minute wait in the queue to get to the security and another 15 minutes to get through it. The whole experience was a nightmare like no other and I would rather drive longer to another airport than fly from Manchester again.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"it took 50 minutes to go through security"

Not Verified | I would like to take this opportunity to warn other passengers of the stress and time it takes to go through security in Manchester UK airport. Was flying today from Manchester - Belfast and it took 50 minutes to go through security in turn meant that 10 passengers missed their flight. This is certainly not the first time I have had this issue at the airport. When queuing for security, I notified one of the security staff that my flight was boarding and they informed me that there was time and it would be ok. When I got to the scanner, the system broke down and had to be transferred to another unit. This airport is a shambles and I cannot believe it is allowed to continue. When finally reaching the departure gate to be told the flight had closed, the Easyjet staff were equally ignorant. Their single line was "Security of the airport is nothing to do with Easyjet". It is only unbelievable.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"One of the worst airports I have ever experienced"

(Latvia)

Not Verified | One of the worst airports I have ever experienced. Even if you arrive in time 2+ hours before the flight you still can miss your flight. They can't handle people. Security is very poor as well! I travel few times a month via various airports so I have something to compare.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"absolutely extortionate parking charges"

Not Verified | Appalling. Ridiculous parking system, absolutely extortionate parking charges, and over-priced drinks. Rude, unhelpful staff and nothing that would pass for anything like "customer service". Painfully slow WiFi that they have the audacity to charge for, long queues for everything from check in, to security, to boarding, and the decor and ambiance of a 1970s prison. The worst airport I have ever had the misfortune of arriving in or departing from and an utter disgrace to the United Kingdom. If it were possible to give 0/10, I would.
Date VisitJune 2021