Manchester Airport

"will avoid this airport if I can"

Trip Verified | Departure form this airport was absolutely fine with slightly slow but understandably rigorous security checks (which I have no problem with), however returning and going through the passport checks was a complete joke. I have never been to an airport that takes over 40 mins to get the passengers from one plane through passport control. The fast track lanes seemed to be moving quickly but this was for people with children over the age of 12 meaning anyone with young children had to queue for a totally unacceptable time with no explanation. When we got to the desk I didn't complain but didn't enter into pleasantries with the lady at the counter, as punishment for this she childishly asked men to confirm my date of birth. I will avoid this airport if I can and I would suggest you do the same, I have lots of friends who travel constantly, when I posted my frustration on FB lots of them jumped on the post saying it's always the same there, one friend has taken 60 flights all over the world between 1st Jan 19 and 27th Aug 19 and he confirmed it is the worst airport he has ever travelled to and that it's always like that. Rubbish airport no empathy for people who have had long journeys with young irritable children, and no attempt to speed their process up to clear backlogs.

"an absolute disgrace"

Trip Verified | Terminal 3 is an absolute disgrace and disaster waiting to happen. Chaos of trying to get to the pick up zone for our taxi, the driver was distressed as could not find us. Totally unacceptable and rude staff . It is the worst terminal, instead of building car parks they need to make passengers feel welcome.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"people crammed like cattle everywhere"

Trip Verified | Terminal 1. No signage anywhere with proper directions. Rude and incompetent staff at security. No seating and people crammed like cattle everywhere. Security clearance took 45 minutes. I was made to use 4 trays for my baggage everything was split up and then found it impossible to find the 4 trays after security. One of my wife's bags was pulled for and extra check and then just thrown back at her with no explanation. Place understaffed and filthy. Avoid this place at all costs.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"I won't be collecting anyone from there again"

Not Verified | I went to Manchester Airport on 16/8/2019 to collect my granddaughter after a holiday to Portugal. I was late getting there to pick her up due to queues. I drove onto the carpark so that I could telephone her to find out where she was and to let her know which zone and row I was in etc. She found me and we waited and waited to get in line for the exit. What a disaster nothing appeared to be moving due to the roads outside the carpark being choc-a -block. Why on earth were there several police men just hanging around watching all of this chaos and doing nothing about it. Perhaps it was because if was absolutely pouring down and they didn't want to get wet. All in all it took me over three hours just to do a journey that would normally take half an hour there and half an hour back. There appeared to be no road works and no accidents. Surely this isn't the norm at that terminal because if it is I won't be collecting anyone from there again.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"operates well in excess of its capacity"

Trip Verified | This is a disaster zone. It is very clear that the airport operates well in excess of its capacity. It is completely overcrowded. No sitting places at all. Takes around 45 minutes to clear the security and around 35 minutes to get some service (if it can be called that) in the bar.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"an accident waiting to happen"

Not Verified | Using Manchester Airport is like flying back in time to the 1970's. Walking off planes on tarmac at 2 in the morning, getting busses to terminal! Losing luggage, still waiting for luggage nearly 2 hours after landing and still don't know what's happening! Terminal 1 pick up is a high risk danger zone! Be careful when leaving the airport with young children, an accident waiting to happen.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"rudest staff at security"

Trip Verified | Avoid this airport and if you can, simply move cities to one that has a better airport! It's the worst amongst many I've travelled across Europe. The rudest staff at security, the longest queues at passport control, the lowest quality of services and crumbling ageing terminals.

"really stressful experience"

Not Verified | We arrived nearly 3 hours ahead of our flight, we only had hand luggage but I had booked the lounge so we could relax and have something to eat and drink before the flight. The queue in security was horrendous, it took us 45 mins to get to the front. I had all liquids in the plastic bag in fact I put all my makeup in it apart from my eye shadow palette and then after removing everything, jacket, belts, shoes, jewellery etc we waited for our bags to go through the screening. My bag was pulled out, I couldn't figure out why as there was only clothing in it and the eye shadow palette. There were so many bags and cases that had been pulled that we had to wait another 30 mins before they got to check mine! The officer told me then that too much time had passed and he could no longer see the x-ray! he put my bag back through and advised me it would be OK this time as he had checked it. It wasn't OK and it got pulled again! I was furious, by now we had waited 1 hour and 15mins. I alerted the Officer as I wasn't going to wait another 25mins and he checked it again and let me go, no explanation as he didn't have a clue why it had been pulled! We literally had less than an hour left in the lounge before we had to board the flight. This is a really stressful experience and not a good start to anybody's holiday. I will travel from Liverpool for future flights.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"parking charges are unbelievable"

Trip Verified | Our experience of departing and arriving in Manchester Airpot is the worst amongst all the airports we have ever travelled. The parking charges are unbelievable especially for the quality of service and the state of the airport. Lack of staff, long queues also add to frustration and stress. It is unbelievable that such an airport exists in the so-called first world.

"Most stressful experience"

Not Verified | Most stressful experience going into Manchester airport. Lack of organisation, long queues. No understanding by anyone in authority as to how stress it all is. Poor customer attitude. Liverpool / Leeds Bradford for better.