Luton Airport

"never experienced such appalling service"

Trip Verified | We flew in just after midnight last night. The queue to go through passport control was miles long. Took 3 hours to move from plane to front of passport control. Utterly disgusting service to people who pay for travel 3 hours standing in a que just to have passport looked at. Kids were screaming. Everyone was tired. Never will I use this airport for arrivals again. I have never experienced such appalling service
Date VisitJune 2022

"It was a terrible experience"

Trip Verified | What a disgusting experience we had today upon arrival at Luton Airport. The plane landed at 4pm, we didn't leave the terminal till 7pm. They hoarded all the families into an endless queue and only had 2 counters open at border patrol to sift through about a thousand people. It was a terrible experience with staff providing no water or or any explanation to the lack of staff or service. Very disappointed.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"travelling is stressful especially now, we don't need extra stress"

Not Verified | Absolutely horrified watching "ladies" at e-gates ordering people about. Why on Earth do they have to shout at people, banging and pulling those poor people who clearly find difficult to understand how the e-gates work? Some of them didn't take their masks off (couldn't see a sign or perhaps couldn't understand "guards" shouting - take your masks off). Why do we expect everyone to speak English? Does the guard speak another language? I doubt that! Wow, just wow. I really hope someone will read that comment and do something about the situation at Luton Airport, travelling is stressful especially now, we don't need extra stress.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"Very rude and disrespectful"

Not Verified | Very rude and disrespectful border control officers at Luton Airport, no human empathy at all, makes me really question humanity in this world. No one deserves to be treated this way!
Date VisitJuly 2021

"would really have expected much better knowledge"

Trip Verified | Generally departing the airport is easy and on this occasion it was no different - it is just the return that is a joke. They have these self scan passport barriers which just do not work properly - sometimes you can get through OK, but this time I tried 5 times and in the end had to queue again to go through manually - along with about 50% of the other passengers. I suffer severe pains from long periods of standing but do not like to take advantage of special assistance unless absolutely necessary even though they do a great job as want to leave them free to help people worse off than me. In future don't think I will - why put a system in place that a) makes a total mockery of social distancing and b) just makes people very angry by not working 50% of the time. Rather worryingly as well was that the border control officers didn't know what the isolation rules were for returning from The Netherlands - this should be a daily team briefing. Fortunately I had been emailed by the Government prior to me flying out that 14 days self-isolation was required and was able to let them know the facts but that really should not be the case. I live in Luton and know how much our local council pours out of tax payers money into the airport so I would really have expected much better knowledge and more efficient processing - get people moving out of an enclosed space as quickly as possible will ultimately mean less chances of infection - keeping us penned in like animals is just asking for trouble. Funnily enough they used to have 'how did we do' feedback machines around the airport - these have now gone - Covid or just avoiding a way for customers to make their feelings felt?
Date VisitSeptember 2020

"trouble with the e-gates at the border"

Not Verified | I had some trouble with the e-gates at the border. I followed all instruction but for some reason, it did not let me through. I went to another e-gate but I had the same problem. A border guard had to manually check my passport. Last time the e-gates were working perfectly fine!
Date VisitAugust 2020

"airport was very nice and clean"

Not Verified | The airport was very nice and clean. The queue to security was not long because there weren't many people in it. There was only a couple of shops open but it is understandable because of the current situation. The toilets were clean. I have flown to and from this airport so many times and it was always very nice.
Date VisitJuly 2020

"No problems at all"

Not Verified | This, my first experience of the place, was entirely positive. I arrived by car; signposting from the motorway was clear and I was straight into Car Park 2. The cost of parking here, adjacent to the terminal, was £78 for 4 days - not cheap but less than the equivalent facility at Birmingham, which I use quite a lot. Walk to Security was about 8 minutes - yes, the walk is a bit scruffy right now, with works going on, but not an issue. Security itself was thorough and, if not brimming with joie de vivre, was perfectly polite. Time from car to Departures was about 25 minutes. The departures area seemed roomy (this was a Sunday evening at the start of half-term) and had many choices for meals and light refreshments. Toilets were clean and well-maintained. No problems at all.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"The speed of service was exceptional"

(Honduras)

Not Verified | Luton is the best airport, I enjoyed the experience there. The selection of shops was very good, allowing me to do my shopping and spending some time very well. I don't understand why people hate on this airport so much, I see nothing wrong with it. The staff were very well trained and very polite. The speed of service was exceptional. The passport gates were very quick and overall the service was very good. would recommend.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"Avoid this airport if you can"

Trip Verified | Dreadful airport. Suffers overcrowding in departure “lounge”. More advertising screens than passenger information screens and seating is arranged so that a view of the information boards is almost impossible from a seated position causing huge numbers to block the passageways. Inadequate toilet facilities with both men and women queuing for more than 20 minutes. Avoid this airport if you can.
Date VisitFebruary 2020