Los Angeles LAX Airport

"the TSA was terrific"

Not Verified | For all of the bad press they receive, I have to say my experience with the TSA was terrific. Because I have metal implants, I needed a body scan machine. The nice man walked me over to the machine, held my phone while I went through and then walked me back to my husband. He was terrific. Thank you, TSA for keeping us safe.

"Airport is too crowded"

Not Verified | This Airport is too crowded, it took us 1 hour to arrive at terminal 7. Then there is no parking spot. We had a flight at 9.30, we left our home at 5.00 am and arrived at 7.00 in LAX but unfortunately took us another 1 hour to reach terminal 7, we missed our flight because we weren't able to check in before 1 hour, we were late by 10 min and then I talked to customer service who wasn't very helpful and was just showing an attitude and replying that no you can't get on that flight. I'm sure there is always a way to take care of your customers.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"a complete and total disaster"

Not Verified | The new ride share and taxi pickup lot is a complete and total disaster. It is the Fyre Festival of transportation. Everyone that is involved in its planning and implementation should be shot into outer space. It is one of the most comprehensive expressions of failure I have ever witnessed.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"can’t get a taxi at the curb"

Not Verified | World's worst airport. You can’t get a taxi at the curb, you have to walk or shuttle to a funnelled location and stand in line for 30-minutes and then fight with traffic trying to leave cause everyone is funnelled to one location. Ridiculous that you can’t get a yellow cab curbside. Uber and Lyft (discount providers) should be the only ones that have to be outside the airport. Tack on an extra 45 mins for commute time just to get in a car and out of the airport.

"Severe traffic congestion"

Not Verified | Severe traffic congestion at 10pm. Emerging from Freeway 105 will take you an hour or so to World Way street. The road leading to the terminals are inadequate to handle the private cars, shuttles, taxis, buses, etc. Make serious time adjustment before departure or else you will miss your flight.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"Arrival into TBIT not too onerous"

Not Verified | Arrival into TBIT was not too onerous overall but beware if your departure from TBIT is from gate 138 or thereabouts as these are described as bus gates. The whole part of that building was bus station like with only one small shop. It was very much amateur hour that evening on gate 138 because the check in staff had been looking without success for a bus coordinator for the last 90 minutes. No bus coordinator equals no bus!. We eventually boarded a bus and were taken out to a remote stand (not BAs fault as they were also keen to point out). Then we had to walk up a series of ramps to board the aircraft. Terminal 4 at this airport is a lot nicer overall.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"this has to be the worst"

Trip Verified | Been through many airports and this has to be the worst, check in and security were excellent, but terminal 2 is tiny, very limited seating, expensive and limited food, no lounges you can purchase, just Delta and Virgin clubhouses. Terminal is a stretch, it’s just a gate! Never want to use it again, and we are only in it for 3hrs!

"grossest departure spots"

Trip Verified | They give us one of the grossest departure spots ever seen. It smelt so bad and was very dirty. I mean gross. They give you poor choices for food and they cram you in like sardines. Barely anywhere to sit. I give it ten thumbs down if I had ten thumbs. I don’t know why we give them a good area. I guess that's why we're one of the best countries on earth.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"This airport is a joke"

Not Verified | I've been holding this rant in long enough, I'm gonna let it out. LAX is the world's fourth busiest airport. I was there for 12 hours. No people-movers, you have to walk for miles. No grocery stores like in France. No bars. No vending machines. I spent the first six hours trying to find a place to charge my phone. There are a few outlets next to the restrooms, but they were all taken. This is the worst airport I've ever been to. The last six hours were spent trying to find a place to sit! This airport is a joke. I've been to many, many airports and this is the least passenger-friendly airport I've ever been to. Rant over.

"What a dump"

Not Verified | What a dump. I have travelled for the last twenty years across many continents but LAX is one of the worst airports I have been through. No signage, limited elevators (required when travelling with kids), unhelpful staff (with exception of immigration) and severe congestion. Avoid if you can. An unwelcome welcome into a great country.