Los Angeles LAX Airport

"wont be getting a transit through LAX ever again"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | I've been through quite a few airports now and this has to be the worst airport ever. I got a transit from London through to Auckland here, and I spent nearly 3 hours getting through all the different checks and security, just to get back on to the same plane, to take me to Auckland. Safe to say I wont be getting a transit through LAX ever again.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"we were stuck in standstill traffic"

Trip Verified | This is the third time I have had to get out of my Uber over a mile from the airport and walk with my bags to the airport because we were stuck in standstill traffic. This is a ridiculous and appalling standard for what is meant to be one of the biggest international airports in the USA. I know the reason is that they're building a train but this should have been done years ago and having your customers walk for 30 minutes with their bags or risk missing their flights is not an option. They have largely solved the Arrivals traffic issue by having the rideshare cars now pick up at LAX-it - why not do the same for the Departures?
Date VisitDecember 2019

"LAX is hopelessly jammed with traffic"

Trip Verified | LAX is hopelessly jammed with traffic, but worse, is the fact that they removed 95% of their seating outside the security entry points. Imagine flying from abroad into LAX, having to go through customs with your bags, but not being able to check your bags for the flight out to wherever you live, as the flight leaves more than 4 hours from arrival. You are stuck outside the security checkpoints, yet have no place to sit, except on the concrete floors. (I was told the reason is that the 100s of homeless people took all the seating, so they removed it!).

"Absolute farce"

Not Verified | Absolute farce. Why do transit passengers have to go through the 3! stages of passport control just to board their original plane? Passport control staff were (quote) “at the end of shift” and were more focussed on leaving work than getting the backlog of passengers through. Eventually transit passengers were “fastracked “ through with a simple stamp. Why can’t this be done in the first place? 2 hr layover - 5 minutes to get to the gate after passport control. Ridiculous.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Worst 4 hour layover ever"

Trip Verified | Worst 4 hour layover ever. I landed at 12:40am and my next flight isn’t until 6am. The temperature in the terminal is so cold my joints ache after sitting here for 4 hours. It’s maybe 50 degrees. There are approx 10 other people here and everyone is freezing. Turn on some heat!
Date VisitDecember 2019

"I had to sit on the concrete ground"

Not Verified | The Delta terminal is awful! Not one place to sit if you are waiting for someone. No one wants to help either! DO not fly Delta into LAX. I flew in and waited for my daughter to fly in 2 hours after me. I had to sit on the concrete ground.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"in need of a serious upgrade"

Not Verified | Entered LAX on the way in from Melbourne Via Auckland and again from Cancun to LAX, not a lot has changed since last year, still found this airport in need of a serious upgrade and adjusting of a few attitudes, sure your airport is busy, however there is no reason to be rude to people, we are bringing in money to your country. I still find it hard to believe if you are in America you go through a different line, can anyone tell me why? I do sense that this airport is under staffed, every time I fly to the USA I Dred going through LAX customs. Another hint for your departure, put clear signs up for what you want, shoes off, computers out ECT, we are not mind readers and it is stressful enough with lining up for hours to get to your destination.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"TSA staff were all extremely rude"

This is the worst airport. The TSA staff were all extremely rude. I was returning from an international flight when I was stopped because of a bottle of olive oil (under 3 liters) in my bag. Without unwrapping the bag to see the size two TSA agents told me I could either go to the back and check it or throw it. I told them it was 100ml (under the max amount), the female TSA continued to argue and said it didn’t matter. I gave up and said throw it. I watched as the male TSA finally unwrapped the bottle and realized it was okay for me to take. I watched as 4 TSA agents passed the bottle around laughing. When they noticed me watching he walked over and said he didn’t realize I was waiting for it and gave it back to me. Awful and very rude. I would gladly pay extra to fly out of any other airport.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"the worst airport available in the USA"

Not Verified | Absolute garbage. Bring back the Uber’s and cabs to pick up area. There is absolutely no one with any intelligence in charge of designing the customers experience at the airport. Hands down the worst airport available in the USA.

"Horrible outdated airport"

Trip Verified | Horrible outdated airport. We always dread flying in and out of LAX. The airport is confusing, busy, outdated and dirty. Not to mention very unpleasant to look at and lacy of amenities. Do yourself a favor the avoid LAX whenever possible and drive the extra distance to another airport.