London Stansted Airport

London Stansted Airport customer review

Stansted is always good to arrive into and always bad to leave from. Arriving requires a little bit of a haul to the baggage area but it all works as intended and you can be out quickly. Thumbs up for that. Departure is where the well thought out Stansted plan fails badly. Too many people for the terminal to cope with. The departure area is cluttered with too many shops and check in is too close to the doors leading to jostling crowds. Very bad. Then security is almost always under-manned leading to long queues. There is no excuse for this the process here is broken and is down right annoying. Once you get through the same problem exists as outside. Crowded inadequate waiting area with far too few eating options Again Bad. So arrive at Stansted and leave from somewhere else is my advice

London Stansted Airport customer review

I think that it has all been said before but lets compare the recent experience at Stansted with Tenerife airport Long queues at Security at Stansted with security staff rather harassed. At Tenerife much more efficient. Took about a quarter of the time to get through. Outside Tenerife airport fleet of Taxis waiting you just hop on at Stansted you have to go to a desk and order one then wait for it to turn up. Cost of food and drink at Stansted way in excess of Tenerife prices. I could go on but you have got the message. I have found the same at Malaga airport the Spanish just seem to do it better.

London Stansted Airport customer review

Judging by previous comments the Stansted experience seems to boil down to timing and perhaps just luck and mine held for a 0645 flight out on a Mon and a return on Fri Sep at 1255. I was fortunate in that I had a lift to the airport so there were no parking issues and arriving at 0520 I was air- side at 0600 ready to board. Coming back I was through passport control (note though I went to the far left where queues were definitely shorter rather than just joining the ones seen straight ahead from the shuttle-train doors) reunited with my bags and starting home by 1330.

London Stansted Airport customer review

What can be said that hasn’t already been said? There’s always a worrying wait for the car park bus then a long journey. If you’ve not done it yet allow 40 minutes in case you’ve just missed a bus. Exit signs out of the car-park are inadequate even when it’s an airport you know. Outbound journey was delayed on 29.07 so there was a gate change and inevitable rush to join the new queue not popular with ‘first come first board’ airline passengers. The return journey was also delayed resulting in a half hour wait on the tarmac. If the passengers knew what time the rescheduled landing was it’s a bit worrying that Stansted didn’t and so did not have ground staff available. What if there had been an emergency? It can be no surprise to the airport authorities to find a plane has landed. Just hope it’s not two at once that are late which given that the delays were attributed to air traffic control seems pretty likely. Passport control is an utter insult with a scrum to join the queues while non EU citizens get through with little delay. There are no toilets in the area which is also a disgrace after delays. Avoid the toilets in the baggage area! The ladies’ toilet stank of urine and the cubicles are tiny even for a fairly small adult. Once through passport control without luggage it’s a matter of luck how long it takes to get to your car. Last night (31.7.08) it was a fairly typical one and quarter hours from landing to car longer than it took to drive the 60 miles home. Stansted expand? It can’t cope now so forget it.

London Stansted Airport customer review

I was pleasantly surprised that for our journey to and from Stansted how well everything went. I found it superior to Heathrow. Security fine immigration fine and airport facilities were good. My expectations weren't high but really there was nothing I could complain about.

London Stansted Airport customer review

I was surprised to get through Stansted security into the departures lounge in about ten minutes flat. There seemed to be more scanners working and staff ensured the passengers were divided up between those open. Thankfully I did not have to take my shoes or belt off either so I found myself airside without the ordeal I remembered from a previous visit. It is worth noting Boots the chemist has a retail outlet airside as well as landside and both have the ‘Meal Deal’ at the food section. One can pick a snack a sandwich wrap or salad plus a drink for £3.49 which is much cheaper than many of the other airside outlets. The gents toilets could maybe do with a bit more cleaning but all in all it was a nice easy journey through the airport.

London Stansted Airport customer review

While hardly the best or most exciting airport in the world as a local resident (I live 15 minutes away by train or bus) I find it perfectly adequate even while hoping - as someone who lives under the flight path - that it doesn't expand further. Yes it looks a bit like a permanent construction site on the inside and yes it can be crowded but I prefer it to Heathrow. On the other hand I never use Ryan Air or Easy Jet (my last flight from STN was on Turkish) so maybe this helps. I've never had a problem with immigration or security and I even like the little trains from the main terminal to the gates. Stansted is nothing special; there are better airports in Europe and it can't hold a candle to the major Asian airports but it's certainly better than most American airports of similar size.

London Stansted Airport customer review

Arrived back in UK on Friday afternoon and was met with a huge amount of people waiting to go through the UK/EU passport control. Joined a queue and waited my turn. Noticed that the queue to my right the first queue nearest the 'Other than UK/EU passport holders' was progressing much quicker. When I eventually got to the desk I noticed that the queue to my right was being handled by three immigration officers whereas the rest of the queues were handled by one. When I mentioned this to the official on the desk was met with rude arrogant unhelpful reply. (Great to be back in UK!). Why does Stansted airport treat UK/EU passport holders so poorly whereas the rest of the world go through immigration quickly with minimal delays? Will certainly look to use airports other than Stansted in the future. Immigration at Stansted is one big let down!

London Stansted Airport customer review

Until recently Stansted airport has offered a reasonable arrival experience. Now however it has become a nightmare! Going through passport control recently took me two hours (at 11:30pm!) and a few weeks later an hour and a half (also in the evening). We were herded like cattle standing shoulder to shoulder in a cramped and badly ventilated area with queues and staff moving at snails pace. Avoid it at all costs!

London Stansted Airport customer review

Stansted travelling to Dublin. A worryingly long wait for the transfer coach even by STN usual standards. Check-in queue very slow but security went smoothly. As so often there was virtually no shopping time and the gate number changed. However as frequent travellers this was no surprise. The return journey from Dublin made a pleasant change as there weren't the same immigration formalities. I'm not sure that this is actually the right thing however in the current climate. The return coach transfer was a bit quicker than on recent occasions.