Kuwait Airport

"Avoid at all costs"

Not Verified | Absolutely abysmal. Do not connect via Kuwait. Our flight was delayed with no prior warning. No one in the airport to consult. No screens showing which terminal to go to or how to get there. Avoid at all costs.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"This is the worst airport"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | This is the worst airport I ever had. The staff at the check-in counter was very rude. I was flying via KLM to Bahrain. The airport was very crowded, arriving and departing passengers are meeting at the same place as there are bo designated walkways for arriving passengers. On the way to the waiting area, they have to scan again your hand carry luggage at the boarding gate. One will check your boarding pass before scanning, security will ask to remove shoes selectively. I would understand if they do this to all passengers but apparently not. They ask to remove laptop and ipad and it goes to the scanner. After scanning they will ask to switch it on. Then the security will check again the boarding pass. There is too much hassles in this airport. I would avoid this airport in my future travels and this is considered to be the worst airport I have ever been to.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"a never ending nightmare"

Trip Verified | I travelled for the first time with my wife via Kuwait Airways and would say that it was the worst experience of my life. It seemed like a never ending nightmare which will haunt me for some time. I am not sure if someone will even look at my complaint but thought that I should at least bring this to your attention. Major gaps in communication since I booked my tickets for the first time. Staff is non professional and rude. Cleanliness is zero especially the toilets at the Kuwait airport. Non compliant staff and they just misguide you about everything at the airport. It is chaos and I think the management needs to overhaul otherwise there might be no passengers left to fly.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"None of the piers were in use"

Not Verified | Arrived at new T4, snag was we parked in the airfield and bus ride to the terminal took about 10 minutes. None of the piers were in use. Passport Control/Visa all in one place and relatively quick. Immediately beyond is hand luggage scan and then Baggage Reclaim and out past Red/Green Customs. New terminal all on 1 level but no taxis - there are signs but no actual taxis, there is a limousine service which is the only way to get out if you are not being picked up! Currently only used by Kuwait Airlines for some flagship routes but is clearly not fully ready for business. Most other carriers use T1 which has it's own charms depending upon the time of day you travel through it.

Kuwait Airport customer review

Trip Verified | Terrible airport, terrible staff. Would not let me retrieve my baggage, claiming they would transfer to my next flight - nothing transferred and now they claim my bag never arrived in Kuwait and they have no record of the claim ticket I have for the bag. They are terrible, do not fly through or to Kuwait airport.

"overall great airport"

Not Verified | Had a 6 hour layover in Kuwait and to my pleasant surprise, was able to rest up and enjoy airport. Have seen some bad reviews but overall for me it was great. Airport was clean and had a variety of shops and restauraunts to choose from. Only issues were that the airport can get very crowded at times due to the small size and the bathrooms are a little dirty. Overall though, great airport despite the negative reviews.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"cannot compete with the major airports"

Trip Verified | Worst International Airport in the Middle East. It cannot compete with the major airports in Saudi, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman or UAE. It doesn't have Wi-Fi, toilets are dirty. Airport Personnel are not customer service oriented nor friendly. Their lounge does not have enough variety of food and drinks to offer and the only place you can connect to Wi-Fi. When boarding, you cannot even take any drinks you purchased from their stores.
Date VisitApril 2018

"condition was pathetic"

Not Verified | I stayed there for 5 hrs. Breakfast was good. We had to go to the first floor, the elevator was not working, everybody had to lift their handbag and go upstairs. It was quite difficult. Toilet was so bad, it was flooded with water, no soap, no toilet paper. Condition was pathetic.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"Really poor customer service"

Not Verified | The worst of the bunch as no WiFi networks or partnership with global networks. Really poor customer service in the duty free and service level on all areas. Toilets are unclean and water filled the floor. Products are very pricey alone with a very discriminative nation. The nationals do get a very different service to the rest. Do not recommend anyone to choose as a transit airport.
Date VisitApril 2018

"in the same condition after 17 years"

Trip Verified | I had used Kuwait airport for transit for the first time in 2001 and the experience was just awful. I always thought that the airport would have been refurbished in last 17 years or there would have been some good changes. To my surprise, I found that airport was in the same condition after 17 years. In fact it was worse, because this is the only airport in the world which I know doesn't have WiFi. No disrespect to other passengers but some were washing their hands and faces in the dustbin and the waiting lounge was in an absolutely filthy condition. Most of the power sockets were not working so we were unable to charge our phones. I did not get proper replies from the airport staff, they just did not care.
Date VisitJanuary 2018