KLIA Kuala Lumpur Airport

"very inefficient"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Boring, difficult to navigate, plus very inefficient - I don’t get why there would be two security checkpoints in the international transfers section with the same process looking for the same items. Does it mean the first checkpoint is ineffective? Passengers are tired and jetlagged from their long-haul flights and to be asked by the hostile security officers will not really leave a positive impression on this airport. Oh and almost all the restaurants and airport lounges, while few, are closed so bad news if your transit is after midnight.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"Huge improvement"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | One of the airports that I have been to for more than 15 times. Huge improvement from the previous old and shabby LCCT. I have lodged some sugggestion to the KLIA2 authority by email and they were quite responsive at their reply email. I have been to many airports around the world, KLIA2 to be frank is not bad at all. Clean, tidy, and despite of the absence of Aerotrain like the one in KLIA, there are plenty of travelators and the large windows along the pathway where I can take a nice view of the tarmac which make the walking experience not boring.

"slow and long"

Not Verified | Arrived 2 hours early but it is pointless as immigration clearance at departure was slow and long. Never experienced this at other airports around the world. Just came back from Bangkok and immigration clearance at departure was seamless. Not sure if they even bother about the feedback given. Have used KLIA airport many times over the years and sad to say, in 2018, nothing has changed.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"helpful and friendly staff"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Great airport. Clear signages, helpful and friendly staff, overall spotless hygiene, and has its own distinctive designs among other international airports. Downs are long waiting line and lack of shopping options (KLIA only, not KLIA2), there are spoilt items like bulbs and light tubes, a refurbishment is required.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"I am honestly past being surprised"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Never ever have I been more continuously let down, disappointed, enraged and inconvenienced by an institution. The sheer laziness and incapability of staff at KLIA and KLIA2 to do the absolute minimum is staggering. I have lost bags constantly, I have been told that they would be delivered to me, but although gathering my number and email they failed to ask me for my address. Which begs the question as to where my baggage would be delivered. I have sat in Oversized baggage areas for hours and not seen a single soul working there. Having to get up on the conveyor belt and remove previous parcels as they were getting stuck and blocking the belt. Anyone could walk off with anyone’s baggage and no one would be there to oversea anyone’s issues. I am honestly past being surprised. It’s a continuous farce that half of their staff have kept their jobs.

"waved me off rudely"

Not Verified | I am a registered user of autopass border and was attempting to use your kiosk but it was down on 6th sept at 820hrs. I then approached the officer (whom I unfortunately did not get the name) who was stationed in the main immigration booth right in the middle and brought this up to him and instead of helping in anyway, he waved me off rudely and told me to go to the manual counters so that he could go back to chit chatting with his colleagues. The purpose of the auto pass gate is so that people can pass through immigration without the queues, if the kiosk is down, the next practical thing would be to allow the passenger to go through the express counter for instance so I asked him what he was doing about the kiosk being down and he was rude me. This is shocking behaviour and regardless of what level or rank he is.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"under renovation at the same time"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | All toilets in the airport seem to be under renovation at the same time. I believe there are only a handful or toilets in the whole airport which you have to walk a mile to use.

"slightly degrading treatment"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | As I expected the queue was endless – it always is. But I read my book patiently and shuffled my bag along with my foot fully prepared for 2 hours or more in line. The guy behind me was getting good at Candy Crush. Others in line were taken off guard and were uttering small annoyances at the standstill impression at the immigration counters at KLIA. I know they are probably underpaid and underappreciated, but it’s no excuse for being a snotty-nosed, stuck up bore, with a uniform to confirm their self-importance. You will find no smiles, no wit, no apologies, nothing to indicate any welcome. Instead you will have to suffer through the slightly degrading treatment visited upon you by young arrogant officers, who have no inkling of manners and common courtesy. The silly girl with attitude took her own sweet time going through my passport. Or so I thought, and when I offered my help, dipping my head over the counter, it turned out she was fiddling with her phone. She knew and I knew right then that she was not doing her job. She was busted and instead of a meek concession to her inadequacies, she made a parody of aggressively telling me off for meddling in her affairs. Power and brains rarely go hand in hand. She had the power to refuse me entry on some stupid excuse and all I could do was withdraw with a mock “I’m sorry” – the humiliation was tangible, and she could cross off yet another disgruntled visitor. I took her name from her badge and hoped for her management to respond with some measure of efficacy. A hail Mary, I know. Judging from the five lethargic immigration officers on call to expedite the passenger build-up, management would be just as lax if it existed at all. Still waiting for their response. Mind you, once I entered Malaysia the people were all smiles, a generous and hospitable bunch, curious and talkative.

"The worst waiting line"

Not Verified | The worst waiting line. I dont understand why they bunch up everyone flying to different cities via one queue to check in even after you've gone through the kiosk you still have to join the same queue for bag drop regardless of where you're going? Immigration officers give you the evils too.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"Worst airport I've ever been to"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | Worst airport I've ever been to. We came 2 hours early and almost didn't catch our flight because the queue was too long. We were +130 people waiting in line with only two extremely slow and rude immigration officers, while the others just stood around doing nothing. Staff at restaurants are very slow as well. Would avoid this airport at all costs.