KLIA Kuala Lumpur Airport

"Immigration is the worst"

Trip Verified | Since I missed my flight, hence have time to explore klia restaurant, thus I can only recommend broad choice of restaurants. Immigration is the worst: at klia 1, only 2 open and maximum 4 to deal with foreign passport. Have a baby, flying in 15 minutes, old people, forget about treat as special circumstances or to be prioritized. Worst, be prepare for comments: you should book earlier flight. Direction signs are everywhere, but is it helpful? Not really, some even make it more confusing. Personal opinion, this is not international airport kind of services. Suggestion for traveler. Know where you're going in advance (klia 1 or 2 and which gate), know what are you going to do while transit (e.g. buy sim card). Google it and save the location or direction. Even with well prepared direction, add extra 20 minutes (if you re lucky) for non necessary finding actual way in, use transit train and immigration.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Not a good experience"

Trip Verified | Not a good experience when departing from KILA. Was about 1 hr early. But start queue around 45 min. Still missed my flight. There was an announcement asking all passengers to clear immigration, hence contributing to the long queue. There should be segregation for those flying in under 1 or 2 hrs. Also instructions to get your baggage should be informed in advance if you need to reregister a new flight. Hence a lot of unnecessary queuing.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"it is an embarrassment"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | There are two terminals in KL (KUL) and most of the negative feedback is actually about T2, which is the hub of AirAsia. Today I flew from the notorious T2 to Bangkok, and yes, it is an embarrassment. The immigration clearance took about an hour, and there were only a half of counters open, a quarter of whose staff are busy chitchatting to each other. Indeed this was not my first time I have encountered this scene, and there has not been any improvements for over a year. No autogate for foreigners either. I have been flying biweekly in and out of everywhere for a year and this is the poorest performance I have ever seen.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"2 hours for 50 people queuing"

(Indonesia)

Not Verified | Really the slowest and lazy immigration staff. Needed to wait for about 2 hours for 50 people queuing. The immigration staff move in slow motion mode. Like turtles, like snails.

"Well kept and clean"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | A lot of greenery inside and outside. Well kept and clean. Could be better in keeping up with modern interior decoration and many shops are under renovation. Fast immigration and security clearance.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"immigration took over an hour"

Trip Verified | The queue for immigration was appalling and took over an hour. The worst part for me, was the taxi service. I went to floor 1 as informed and was told to get a ticket for a taxi. I asked for a budget taxi and was told to go to bay 7. When I arrived there were the red budget taxi and a people carrier. The taxi drivers would not let me sit in a budget taxi, nor would the airport staff help me get the correct taxi. I was informed both taxis had the same price however, they were not. A taxi from KLIA to Face suites should only cost 90RM max but it cost me 127.20 RM in no traffic. The taxi driver ripped me off. What makes me angry is that the airport staff did nothing to help me when I asked them to intervene. It all seems like a money-making scheme to rip foreigners off! Get a grab it’s cheaper
Date VisitJuly 2019

"zero options for vegetarians"

Trip Verified | With absolutely zero options for vegetarians let alone vegan. Zero USB charging stations, rude unfriendly staff who generally can’t be bothered. I’d do my best to avoid this rubbish airport.

"a chaotic mess"

Not Verified | We were at the airport 3 hours before our boarding time. I was accompanied by my wife, child and elderly parents. The staff were extremely rude and many responded with a shrug or an 'I dont know' to our questions. The airport is a chaotic mess with most staff being unhelpful. Immigration officers are rude and one actually told my parents off for asking a question. We got separated as my wife's boarding pass did not print at the kiosk and she was held back. Air Asia staff did not offer any help to reprint the boarding pass either. After 1 hour of running to different levels, we finally managed to get through. Had to beg an official to call the gate we were going to board at to hold as we were being held by immigration by asking why we waited so long to go through. 80-year-old parents had to run to make the flight and if 1 official had not taken pity on us and gotten a buggy we would have missed our flight. We will never fly via KILA again.

KLIA Kuala Lumpur Airport customer review

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | I have travelled around the world and never experienced such rudeness and laziness from staff. Immigration lines took 2.5hrs making a lot of people skip the line because they were about to miss their flight. This is very frustrating for everyone involved as skipping the line makes those waiting annoyed and those that are forced to skip are anxious about missing their flight. There were only two officers on with such slow movement. Even arriving 3.5hrs prior to my flight I still almost missed my flight. I didn't even get a chance to stop to eat or shop for even 5 minutes! Would give 0/10 I'd I could.

"Worst airport ever"

Not Verified | Worst airport ever. Arrived via domestic terminal and were transisting to international flight and followed signs to pick up our bags. Got our bags, then followed signs to international departure. Passed thru an immigration counter (who saw our family with 5 huge suitcases) then got told we were meant to go to a different level first to drop the bags. We got told to go there and find a immigration officer and explain and they will let us through to drop bags. Go to said level and they wouldn't let us thru with the bags, told to go back to lower level, pass thru immigration and drop bags. Go back there and they won't allow us through either. Asked 3 staff for help and no one wanted to. Eventually, we got a young man to listen to us and he got us through albeit with a lot of hassle and he got us to our flight with 10 mins to spare. I would never fly through KL again. I would give it 0/10 if i could.