Kahului Maui Airport

Kahului Maui Airport customer review

No free internet. Chairs ripping very dated carpet and area unclean. Had to wait here 3+ hours good thing there is a Starbucks California pizza and had a good book.

Kahului Maui Airport customer review

Small but decent airport. Baggage area completely open so anyone could walk off with bags. The airport hotel we stayed at the first night did not send its shuttle bus on a regular schedule and there were no phones to call hotels so we asked staff at the information desk if we could use theirs. When checking in to depart the check-in area was rather chaotic especially due to those flying out of Hawaii needing to go through agricultural inspection. TSA inspection was normal. Got a decent meal at a sit-down restaurant in the departure area.

Kahului Maui Airport customer review

It is easy to navigate airy and open staff friendly and helpful. Security was quick and as easy as it gets. There are inter-island connections to the other islands which was the only advantage HNL once had. If you want to shop go to one of the stores on Maui not the airport. As for the shuttle to car rentals that is so common these days I don't give it a second thought. The wait for rental shuttle is none to minutes.

Kahului Maui Airport customer review

An average airport. Queues for immigration are the usual TSA story - too many passengers being screened by understaffed security check points. One large food court provides a choice of 4 restaurants and the Starbucks does a roaring trade (it's the only decent coffee outlet). The rest of the terminal is spacious and clean.

Kahului Maui Airport customer review

Decent for a smaller airport. After trying to navigate through larger airports for years I have learned to appreciate smallness in an airport. True not much selection for shopping but I don't go to an airport to shop. I really love the fact that its easy to get from one part of the terminal to the other. Once you clear customs you are right on the street where you can easily hail a taxi to take you into town. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for this place.

Kahului Maui Airport customer review

I feel that this airport's biggest drawback is having to take a shuttle to and from a rental car facility down the road. Hilo (which sees less tourist traffic) has on-site car rental and return why not Kahului? Even at busy Honolulu you can walk from the terminal to most of the rental car offices though you have to return the car at a facility further away and take a shuttle bus back (or take a long walk across the rental car lots).

Kahului Maui Airport customer review

The baggage handling here is a joke. Arriving from Denver Dec 23 we waited for any indication of where the cases would arrive. No details were given. After over an hour I finally saw our bright green case arrive. The rest of the place is a little tired & not so well laid out but then it is only really a tourist airport so I suppose it does it's job. Not a shade on HNL mind.

Kahului Maui Airport customer review

Maybe I caught this airport at its worst but I'd have to say this was one of my least favorite airport experiences and I travel fairly often for work. Upon our arrival it took 40 minutes to receive our luggage on the baggage carousel with each piece arriving at a snails pace. Actually we were one of the luckier ones as probably half the 200+ passengers on our plane were still waiting when I left and this was in the middle of the day. The open air concept fits here and was a nice change although walking past "smokers row" on the way to your gate may bother some. The restaurants and stores were fine and adequate and since every place in Maui is expensive I thought the prices to be average. And they don't close any earlier here than most airports I've traveled through. The airport employees were friendly and helpful although they did not handle our delayed flight back well at all. There was massive check-in confusion amongst passengers and staff with no attempt by airport staff to inform us as to what was happening. Again we were lucky and because we were early only waited an hour to check-in our bags. I later heard some folks waited in line for 3 hours! Because of the 8 hour long delay had there been storage lockers for our carry on items we could have left the airport for a while. But we found that lockers were removed... another side affect of 9-11. Absolutely loved Maui.. but not too thrilled with Kahului airport.

Kahului Maui Airport customer review

Maui International Airport is one of my favorites but so is Maui! Curbside unloading is easy parking is close by check-in is usually very quick baggage retrieval is very easy with just a short walk to shuttles and taxi cabs. All of the shuttle buses to the rental car agencies are well marked and easy to locate outside the airport. A better selection of restaurants would be great especially those that feature Hawaiian cuisine. Employees are always very friendly and willing to help with any question.

Kahului Maui Airport customer review

Maui has a very pretty airport the decor and scenery are just fine. And once you leave it's very easy to get around the parking or get to downtown Kahului. Problems? The bathrooms seem small and sparse for an international airport and the place seems too spread-out I had to do a lot more walking than I expected.