Houston IAH

"She was atrocious at best"

Trip Verified | My wife, daughter and I just checked in for an early morning flight to D.C. and our experience started off horribly wrong from the time we walked into Terminal C. We pre-paid for baggage well in advance and had our electronic boarding passes and baggage receipt at the ready; however, the United employee at the baggage desk was adamant that we hadn’t paid and we held up the line for a solid ten minutes with her aggressively repeating herself that we hadn’t pre-paid. Finally, she calmed down and decided to help us. We are still trying to figure out what happened and why it happened. We then made our way to the TSA Clear check-in and the first agent we encountered in no way deserves an employment opportunity that involves human contact. She was atrocious at best and I am thankful she is not empowered to carry a weapon in her position - she is dangerous! I do not suffer from any type of anxiety but after our check-in experience, I feel like I have been chased - and to think, we actually paid for the experience months in advance and went through the TSA pre-check interviews and all of the requirements only to be belittled, degraded, and treated like trash. As a resident of the greater Houston area, I am ashamed at what my family just experienced as it is a reflection of not only this airport but also the area in which we live and the people who live here. There is obvious change needed in this country right now and a great place to start would be Bush Intercontinental Airport. We will probably see what Southwest has to offer in the future and drive to Hobby.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"Is this an airport or a prison?"

Not Verified | The TSA workers here are openly hostile and rude. Is this an airport or a prison? I suggest you send them to Middle Eastern airports, they could learn a lot about efficiency and respect. Shame on the TSA for allowing this pathetic behavior in its workers. I'm guessing they all lead pretty miserable lives and it makes them feel better to treat everyone like dirt. Maybe you could offer them therapy or anger management. These workers are way too highly strung to be working with the public and it will end with one or more of these losers killing someone. Perhaps it's time to disband this "organization" because I doubt you will do anything to change this cop/prison guard attitude you have going on right now.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"this woman just went above and beyond overall"

Not Verified | A United staff member was especially kind and helpful when I was by myself with my two small kids trying to get our luggage checked in. Besides my kids, I had two car seats, a suitcase, a diaper bag, a couple of other small bags to drag around, which was impossible to do myself. Though it was a busy morning at the airport (August 6th), this woman helped me out with carrying my stuff and letting me cut in line and just went above and beyond overall.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"The parking is the worst"

Not Verified | The parking is the worst. I was not able to find a parking spot and they charged me because I waste 14 minutes trying to find parking. I talked to the supervisor and the parking and they were a waste of time. I also called the customer service and they were not help at all.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"no TSA agent guiding us"

Not Verified | TSA Customs from an international flight. We arrived on a Wednesday at around 6pm. It took us 2 hours to get through Customs. There was an estimated 1000 to 2000 passengers waiting in the Terminal E to show Passports. Out of the 40 or so Customs Lanes available only 5 were being used. Once we finally got through that, our luggage was spread out all over the baggage claim area. Once we claimed our baggage, we went through TSA where we were yelled at and threated by a woman who said things like "pay attention" there was no clear guidance on anything, and "I wish one of you would lose your cool" basically trying to pick a fight. Passengers have no say so in what the policies are when going through TSA, no clear directions, no TSA agent guiding us to the right lines to get into. So unprofessional.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"One of the worst things about living in Houston is having to use IAH airport"

Not Verified | One of the worst things about living in Houston is having to use IAH airport. We must travel to France routinely to visit family, but each time we paid $300-$500 more than had we flown out of Austin, Dallas, or even LA! I just checked flights to Paris today and the difference between Houston and Austin is nearly $400 per ticket! We have driven to Austin and even Dallas before to save money when there were five of us flying, but when there is just me and my wife, we’ve had to just bite the bullet and pay the high prices.
Date VisitJune 2021

"The arrogance of the TSA here is unbelievable"

Trip Verified | Rude TSA. They yelled things like “you need to start paying attention” and “how can I do my job when people like you make it difficult?”. The arrogance of the TSA here is unbelievable. I’ll avoid this airport in the future.
Date VisitMay 2021

"They were rude and downright hostile"

Not Verified | This was by far the most stressful and negative experience in my travel history. The whole set up was a mess and the entry point to check into customs was completely out of compliance for COVID-19. They were so understaffed that we made our connection by the skin of our teeth. Never again. The worst was the absolutely bad attitude the TSA projected. They were rude and downright hostile. The only good point was the golf cart driver that was amazing. He did everything he could to get us to our gate and showed genuine empathy for our situation.
Date VisitApril 2021

"no signs to tell you where to sit or not sit"

Not Verified | The new seating is nice. There are no signs to tell you where to sit or not sit. If you aren't a frequent flyer, you will stand there looking foolish. The boarding process is a nightmare. No clear instructions. Kindergarten kids could do a better job. What a disaster.
Date VisitJanuary 2021

"airport has an impersonal, cold, robotic feel to it"

Trip Verified | I dislike this airport and avoid it as much as possible. Food prices are inflated. Most businesses do not accept cash, can’t print out a paper receipt (they want to send it to your email address or phone number). Food and other items are ordered on tablet computers. If I have to pay $10 for a taco or $6 for a cup of coffee I would like to have some human interaction. Very few vendors speak any language other than English. On the other hand, most of the vendors are friendly and polite, if you can find them. The airport is spotlessly clean and fairly comfortable for a longish layover. The airport has an impersonal, cold, robotic feel to it.
Date VisitDecember 2020