Houston IAH

Houston IAH customer review

Having to re screen hand baggage as I went from international to domestic caused me to run the full length of two concourses to catch my flight. The TSA lines were endless letting people with children cut ahead. I had allowed more than the time the airline suggested and it was not enough. No food was served on my flights I had hoped to eat at the airport but no time. The directional signs leading from the international arrivals to gates in upper c terminal lead to a dead end in e terminal.

Houston IAH customer review

We travel often and living in Houston doesn't make the experience to much better. The airport is located at an end of the city so for most folks (Galveston/Sugarland/Pearland) it takes at least 45 mins without traffic to reach the airport. The airport compared to others has no facilities for kids that I am aware of thus you find yourself under stress and occupied instead of calm and relaxed if you have kids. The dining is exceptional but the layout of the airport is terrible. It is impossible to get from one terminal to the other without counting a 10 min walk (not that I don't like walking but when it comes to getting to your plane) where as in airports like Denver and Hongkong Travel is a lot easier for those that have a connection. The staff at the airport isn't nice/respectful and the airport does not provide language assistance for those that do speak English or Spanish. Immigration lines are incredibly long but at least the airport has Air Conditioning (Unlike Bombay). The other thing the airport lacks is the style/feel. Most modern airports not only make passengers feel welcome but they also create an open/vibrant environment.

Houston IAH customer review

I had to catch a connecting flight at this airport several times. I like this airport a lot and I think it's very nice. There is a Marriot hotel right there if you need to spend the night. You don't need to catch a cab or shuttle to get to it. The airport has many shops and lots of different places to eat from fast food places to nice restaurants. There is even a spa at terminal D if you have time. Yes there is always a line at customs and immigration but they seem to move it quickly. I was surprised to see so many negative reviews of this airport. People who complain about this airport probably haven't seen lots of other airports to compare it with. I've seen many airports and Houston George Bush Intercontinental is one of the best I know.

Houston IAH customer review

Terminal D is a nightmare to get through. On arrival its immigration on departure its security. On my last visit in May there were only three lanes open but lots of officials standing about apparently doing nothing. I was second off my 747 flight and I still took an hour to get through.

Houston IAH customer review

Worst airport for arriving from Mexico in the evening and trying to catch a connecting flight. Immigration understaffed for the long lines causing many people to have to stay overnight and pay for a hotel. You will need at least 2+ hours between flights to deal with immigration even though your tickets seem to provide you with enough of a layover. Unbelievable bad immigration service. This is a service we pay for as US citizens so I don't understand why this is mismanaged at this airport. You would think they figured it out by now.

Houston IAH customer review

It took 90 mins to get through customs in the US citizenship line. I can't imagine how long it would take in the international line. Luckily I had 3 or 4 hours between flights. There was barely any restaurants when I finally got out of customs. I didn't see any shops. The bathrooms and carpets were dirty and the place had an old musty smell.

Houston IAH customer review

Coming from an international flight to board to another plane was horrible! The lines took forever and people were upset because their planes were boarding as all of us were in line. I tried to ask three different people a question and they all either pointed or looked at me like I was dumb. I have never experienced such low professional care from an airport.

Houston IAH customer review

A lot of negative comments mostly about immigration. I transited through the airport from New Orleans to an international flight . We arrived at the A terminal and took the train to terminal E this took about 10 minutes and as there was no additional security it was a breeze. It seemed to have the usual fast food outlets.

Houston IAH customer review

Let me echo all other complaints about ridiculous queues. Took me more than an hour to get through immigration but I was far from finished. Then get your bag and go through customs then load your bag for the connecting flight then go through security again. I had a 1.5hr layover and still was 15 minutes late to my gate. Fortunately the plane hadn't left yet and I made it.

Houston IAH customer review

Every time I arrive at this airport absolutely nothing has been done to improve the time it takes to get through immigration. In fact it is now worse than ever despite the new terminal. The immigration officers now seem to take extreme pleasure in making arriving passengers feel intimidated and extremely unwelcome despite the video message welcoming you to the US. I have never met with such rudeness in a so called civilized country. My young grandson and I stood in line for well over an hour after 15 hours of travelling.