Houston IAH

"threw away my full Starbucks"

Trip Verified | I'm sitting here listening to music and relaxing for my 6 hour layover and the trash people just came by and threw away my full Starbucks. Dont clean up when a person is clearly sitting there. You pay $6 bucks for a cup of coffee and don't even get to drink it. If I had left my seat okay, but I was sitting there, headphones in and look up they're walking away.
Date VisitNovember 2020

"Someone needs to get them in check"

Not Verified | Airline was nice and polite to customers but TSA was not! Someone needs to get them in check. I witnessed a TSA lady yell and degrade this gentleman that forgot to take change out of his pockets. She then turned around and yelled at everyone in line. Who gives them to right to treat people like that! Now if that gentleman would of stuck up for himself he would of been in the wrong! Will never fly through there again just for that! The 15 people that were in line waiting to get screen agree and will not be flying out of IAH either.
Date VisitOctober 2020

"received nothing but rudeness"

Trip Verified | American Airlines attendant was very rude. I'm on military orders and flying home finally and she was not helpful or nice when having issues checking in. TSA staff were also very rude. I asked where TSA precheck was (apparently I went to the wrong checkpoint) and did not tell me until I finally got through. The TSA staff stated "if you didn't want to take it your electronics you should have went thru TSA precheck line". Funny, I didn't know that was an option. Seems no one at this airport likes their job. I came to Texas to support the state, but received nothing but rudeness. Do not fly through Bush.
Date VisitSeptember 2020

"Why isn’t this conveyed to people before"

Trip Verified | At the security desk when checking my bags, they stopped me for my duty free bag which I bought from Mexico, they took a look at it and took out a bottle that I bought that was freshly bought from the duty free store, the lady took my bottle and said I can’t test the bottle it’s not transparent! Firstly, where is this message told to the passengers before buying or carrying, secondly, why is there no alternate method to test something that is not transparent? Instead they gave me two options, either leave my bottle which cost over $120 or pay extra $30 and go through security again (my flight was about to leave). Why isn’t this conveyed to people before!? Why do I have to lose the money I paid for something they can’t convey prior to me buying? I’m really frustrated by this.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"normally quite an easy experience"

Trip Verified | Use this airport several times a year for visiting family and it's normally quite an easy experience. As I do pre-clearance I arrive as a domestic passenger, and baggage tends to arrive quickly. Good selection of restaurants but can be a little pricey but that's not unusual nowadays. Seems to be improving, and most recently enjoyed a nice musical performance in Terminal A. Impressed.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"TSA employees absolutely awful"

Not Verified | TSA employees at this airport were absolutely awful. I asked if I needed to remove anything from my knapsack Like an iPad and was told no. On the other side my bag was flagged I was told I was supposed to have taken out my iPad. Everyone around me had done the same. Signage would have helped. They took it out, but then kept Rescanning my bag. Each time someone would take my bag and walk very very slowly to the other end of the room and put it at the back of the line . So now it was something in my bag and not the iPad. By the 4th time they decided to check my bag. But the security woman was nasty towards me for showing signs of stress. I had been there for at least 40 min. Apparently I looked at my watch - I was told to stop doing that and to Calm down. She then proceeded to aggressively lecture me. I just said that if I had been informed at the beginning about the iPad all of this could be avoided. Never ever say anything. Lesson learned. Most airports I’ve been through don’t require iPads to be taken out.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"Customer service is extremely lacking"

Not Verified | Customer service is extremely lacking here! First of all, the guy checking in our luggage moved so slowly, the longer line next to us moved twice as fast at least. I was worried our car seats might not make it on the plane because we had to run off to security. We couldn’t wait to watch him put them on the belt for checked luggage. He just sat them on the ground next to him and moved like a slug doing I don’t know what. The airport is giant and you can’t see the TSA PreCheck from the regular security check line. So I asked a lady, she pointed and said, ‘Over there.’ Ok, short and to the point. We went to find where ‘over there’ was. Found the TSA PreCheck line but it didn’t display our gate # overhead. So I asked if it was the line for TSA PreCheck to our gate because it didn’t list our gate number. She just said, ‘Do you see the TSA PreCheck sign?’ I was so shocked by the tone and response I paused for a moment and said, ‘I don’t see our gate listed.’ She said, 'You walk around'. Everyone in our party was taken aback and told her there was no need for the attitude, just a simple question. She just continued to be snippy. We rushed past in a hurry to get through. We showed up exactly two hours earlier than our 6am flight and everything took so long, we made it to our gate 10 minutes before boarding! Getting on the plane was such a relief to be welcomed with the customer service that the Seattle based flight crew of Alaska Airlines always brings!
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"IAH has still not moved into understanding customer service"

Not Verified | Arrived on BA195 from LHR feeling relaxed due to the excellent service on the 9 hour 45 minute flight. Unfortunately IAH airport has still not moved into understanding customer service. Firstly my global entry application was ignored with an X printed on my receipt and then my wife and what appeared to be all other passengers arriving on ESTAs also had x printed on immigration receipt. We then duly joined the queue which moved very slowly for over 1 hour 30 minutes before arriving in front of immigration lanes. Unfortunately it was now 3pm local time which resulted in at least 90% of the gates closing and our processing taking an additional 40 minutes. Fortunately for us we had allowed 3 hours transit time for our connecting flight to MIA or otherwise we would have been like many other passengers in missing their connecting flight.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"rude and very unprofessional"

Not Verified | On 11-30-2019 I experienced terrible assistance from the wheelchair attendants, they were rude and very unprofessional. I overheard one worker say she didn’t need the job and she wasn’t going to deal with these people. One gentleman took me off the plane and left me sitting, my wife had to eventually push me because we had a connecting flight with a very short time limit due to sitting on the plane for a hour and a half, because first another plane was at our gate then the ramp would not line up with the plane. I understand it gets busy and confusing from time to time but that doesn’t mean you have to be disrespectful.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"direct wheelchair assistants"

Not Verified | Watch out if you need a wheelchair. To be picked up from the plane was pretty easy and on time. Until I was ask to hold in an area for 30 minutes for another person to roll me out. You may want a supervisor to direct those wheelchair assistants and give direction. It will expedite the process.
Date VisitDecember 2019