Houston IAH

"unprofessional group of TSA agents"

Not Verified | This is a very unprofessional group of TSA agents. I know the job can be stressful and I do not think the customer is always right but these individuals do not seem to understand common courtesy. Excuse me, please, and thank you go much further than poor attitudes and bad tempers. This is the worst group I have encountered in my global travels. I hope that this gets fixed and does not become a representation of IAH.
Date VisitApril 2019

"would avoid this airport if possible"

Trip Verified | If you are a visitor to the USA please don’t judge us by the unhelpful, unhappy people who work here. We have TSA and got three different half uttered, 0 eye contact answers about where the TSA was and if it was open or not. In the end they didn’t honor our TSA and performed a thourough search. There is no art or any small attempt to look anything but industrial. The food and drink is wildly expensive even by airport standards. The iPads everywhere are nice but otherwise I would avoid this airport if possible.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"Rest areas are non existent!

Not Verified | I have been to nearly 40 to 50 airports and have to say that Houston airport is the worst one I’ve been to in my life. First of all, the connecting international flight after a 15 hour flight from Australia was scheduled only 90 minutes apart. Which means we only had 90 minutes to 1) Go through customs. 2) Go through TSA screening. 3) Retrieve all of our checked in luggage and take it on a 20 minute walk across the airport and send it through the scanner. 4) Go through security Again with our carry ons. 5) And finally get to our gate which was another 20 minutes away. We had 2 little kids with us and every time we asked the security staff to let us cut the lines because we will miss our connecting flight. The answer was the same: we will make sure we get you to your gate on time. Well. Guess what happened? We missed our flight. We were stuck at this horrible airport for an additional 6 hours because appearently United Airlines closed their gates 10 minutes prior to departure even though they’re missing passengers and the security staff kept telling us to not pay any attention to the boarding time but the departure time is what we should aim for. Completely dumb and uninformed. At this point the gave us the boarding passes for our next flight which was on the other side of the airport. And we had to walk to the customer service to get those boarding passes which was at the other end of the terminal we were at. The worst thing was that the gate was changed one hour prior to boarding to a completely different terminal. We had to walk for another 25 minutes carrying our kids who at this point had not had any sleep in 30 hours and every time we asked an employee with a cart (people mover) to help take us to the gate, they kept coming up with some excuse to not take us by what seemed out of complete lazyness. I found 2 carts parked and attempted to drive one myself but it had a pad with a code on it to start it. So. Back to the walking we went. Rest areas are non existent. Terminal seating is horrible and you can’t find any family oriented restaurants in terminal C, D or E. It’s all a bunch of bars and snack shops.

"What a disaster"

Trip Verified | Houston Bush is truly an ok airport if you are traveling domestically, as I have in the past. The terminal is clean, well lit, and modern. You start to realize why you should avoid this airport at all costs if you travel through customs. Got global entry? They didn’t staff the kiosks, back of the line. Got mobile passport? That line feeds in to the regular line overflowing with people. Once you get past the customs line do you realize you have to then wait in the three times as long TSA line. Got pre? They don’t have a preline. I gave myself a three hour connection in Houston and still missed my connecting flight. What a disaster.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"it has been a nightmare"

Not Verified | I have decided to stop using United because they route me through Houston. The last two years I have traveled through Houston to a destination in Mexico. Both times it has been a nightmare. Departing wasn't so bad, except that I couldn't find a functioning water fountain even though I walked up and down two concourses looking for one. When I asked I was sent to one that was out of order. It is returning from Mexico that is horrendous. Even though we have Global Entry and TSA Pre, we invariably are sent on a wild goose chase (the employees don't seem to know that TSA Pre in Houston is closed and they always sent us to a different building so we can go through TSA Pre). We end up running like mad, trying to grab a sandwich and still making it to the gate in time to board. I suspect the TSA worker at Houston are some of the unhappiest. I would be too, working in such a poorly managed environment.

"such poor signage"

Not Verified | I fly quite a bit. But haven't experienced an airport with such poor signage. You can watch it everywhere. People stopping in their tracks and looking around for some sort of instructions to get to their gate. There also should be an advisory informing walking time as opposed to taking transportation. Signage to subway is poor, never saw any. Very few workers to ask. If possible, I'll avoid IAH like the plague.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"very friendly and polite"

Trip Verified | I wanted to complement the staff in the security line on the morning of January 6th. Despite it being the early morning shift, in which you encounter groggy and stiff personalities, I wanted to say that they were very friendly and polite. They greeted me with a smile and kept the line going smoothly. Also to note, my husband was wearing his San Francisco government badge and they let him pass through without being scanned. Because they did that though, he accidentally left his garment bag in the conveyor belt. Luckily I heard them announce it on the intercom. It was a a very pleasant experience and I hope to fly through again.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"the most uncomfortable waiting area"

Trip Verified | Houston International Terminal C has the most uncomfortable waiting area I have ever experienced. Tables with iPads and charging stations everywhere. Chairs bolt to the ground. What normal seat that is available is limited to one row per cate. The club music from the bar floods the terminal. One review says this terminal is “Sexy”. Yes that may be a good thing for a night out clubbing but not waiting for an international flight. Thankfully I didn’t have a delay or long layover.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"Stuck trying to get to gate"

Not Verified | Stuck trying to get to gate for 2 hours on airport tarmac. Seen other flights moving in and out, but my Spirit flight was halted, supposed to have been at gate at 10:45 didn’t arrive til 12:45, don’t know if I will have a room anymore at my hotel because of the delay. There weren’t weather issues if other planes were departing, so what was the issue?
Date VisitDecember 2018

"no food or drink for over 8hrs!"

Not Verified | My flight was delayed for over 8hrs. All I had on me was cash. Nothing in the whole place would take my money. I was stuck with no food or drink for over 8hrs! They wouldn't let me go outside to smoke. If I did I wouldn't be able to get back in til morning! So I'm stuck, can't eat, can't smoke. Customer service said there was nothing they could do for me. They were rude and acted like I was a pain to them! Never ever fly into Houston IAH! If your flight is delayed you will be trapped! Customer service is a joke! Why haven't any of these issues been solved yet.
Date VisitDecember 2018