Houston IAH

"Rudest security agent"

Rudest security agent had ever encountered in my 36 years travel experience. My flight was going to Paris from Houston, IAH. While I was going through security check to enter into airport gate, this agent had practically insulted me. Whenever I was putting my carry on luggage on the belt, she said "who told you to put it on?", so I pulled it back down and waited for her to allow me to put it on the belt. Then when the person ahead of me moved to the front, I moved forward as well, then she said "stop, who told you to move?". At this point, I was about to explore, so I took a long look at her, then she shut up. I had to calm myself down and told myself to just swallow it and don't make any trouble. I don't know if this was employee of airport or airline? I definitely had the worse day.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"give this airport a big zero"

Not Verified | The iPads are a great idea, but why can’t you just make an order with the bartender when they aren’t busy? Why so much emphasis on zero human interaction? I give this airport a big zero because I’d always rather be at home but especially when I have a long layover in Houston.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"this airport needs functionality"

Not Verified | Landed at this airport on 11/04/18 via United Airlines. This airport is entirely too big to function effectively. The gates are to far apart, so do some inquires before hand to see which gate you land at and which one you will depart. As for me, I was asked to go to gate C from gate A. Quite a journey due to my heart surgery. There was absolutely no one to help me go from gate to gate, even though they had numerous empty golf type carts. An IAH employee called 3 separate times for a pick up for me but no one ever showed up. This airport is more concerned with the shops/restaurants than with passenger safety. I am a true Texan at heart but this airport needs functionality instead of being a big broken Texas mess. I will not be traveling through this airport ever again. You have officially lost my trust.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"only one TSA agent verifying tickets"

Not Verified | I have never had issues with this airport. I have flown in and out of Bush for years now. I had a flight that departed IAH at 5.15am on Saturday morning. I arrived at the airport early, as I always do, just in case something unexpected happens. I guess I should've given myself four hours because the line to get into security was around 200 people deep with only one TSA agent verifying tickets and identifications. I waited in that line forever. Then, my flight was scheduled to leave in 10 minutes. I knew I wasn't going to make it because there wasn't enough staff to accommodate the growing number of passengers entering the security line. There was another TSA agent, but he was just sitting there helping the small line of TSA-Pre Check. When there wasn't anyone in the Pre-Check line, he just sat there in his chair and didn't even bother helping the growing line. Once I got up to the TSA agent, she met me with anger. She was rude and didn't even communicate to me with words! She just motioned me to move to the side without any explanation. I had to wait another 10 minutes, and by that time, my flight had already left the gate. I am very dissatisfied with my experience. Why was there only one TSA agent? I'd probably be rude to customers too if I was the only one working that terminal with a line of 200 people and growing. If you're going to the airport, just remember to be there maybe about six hours before your flight, because you never know how short staffed they will be on any given day.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"Not many comfortable seats"

Not Verified | Worst for comfort, assistance to gates, signs for direction, and distance to change planes. Computer seating is very uncomfortable to wait at for flights. Not many comfortable seats for layovers. Walk, walk, walk, and have to stop people to ask diresctions. Poor signs.

"lack of organisation"

Not Verified | The installation of new security check machinery has been let down by a complete lack of organisation of the personnel. I witnessed three individuals wait in excess of 15 minutes for an opt out search due to no communication. Bags that were pulled required a 25 minute wait until a team member could perform a search due to an absence of “appropriate” staff. A request to expedite the process (I nearly missed my flight) was met with aggression as opposed to an explanation. Fair to say that the investment of personnel has not been matched with employee training.

"slowest TSA operation"

Not Verified | My experience at IAH mirrors the other negative reviews posted. I was returning from a vacation in Mexico with my teenage daughters and almost missed my flight due to the slowest TSA operation I have ever encountered. Customs was efficient and a simple process but not security to get on my connecting flight to VA. I figured it being spring break would add to congestion but when other passengers are panicked about missing flights because lines aren’t moving then it is truly Houston we have a problem. My sister traveled on a different fight and missed her connection due to the hold up. Agents were predictably rude, unhelpful, and uncommunicative. I actually had an agent push her finger into my stomach and asked why I still had a belt on and told me to lift my shirt up high. Guess what, no belt, just a muffin top. The airport looks nice as we raced around trying to get to our gate-would have enjoyed being able to eat at one of the restaurants.
Date VisitApril 2018

"Worst airport experience ever"

Not Verified | Worst airport experience ever. TSA took their time as if we had nowhere to go. Even shut the lane down for 10 minutes when they only had one lane open in the first place. Our group missed our flights and had to instead drive to ATL from Houston (terrible experience with Spirit Airlines customer service as well). Will never fly into this airport again.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"need to employ more people"

Not Verified | The immigration queues are the most horrendous I have come across. I had 1.5 hours between flights and thought this would be enough, but no. There appeared to be only 3 desks open and 2 large aircraft landed at the same time, so the queues were very long and no staff around to speak to. When I finally arrived at the kiosk, the lady asked me why I didn't tell someone that I had a flight to catch! IAH need to employ more people! It is a ridiculous system in the US where you actually have to collect your bag then check it in AGAIN for onward travel. This is the only country where you have to do this. Every other country you can check your bag all the way through to your final destination. For a first impression of the US, IAH has sorely disappointed and unfortunately this is the airport I have to travel through every time as I now live in Houston.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"some of the rudest I’ve encountered"

Trip Verified | Absolute worst customer service I’ve ever experienced in an airport. I travel to Houston often and am so very disappointed in what they’ve allowed their airport to become. Check in was a completely disorganized mess and the airport employees are some of the rudest I’ve encountered. I felt like I was in New York, not Texas. Houston should be ashamed. I will definitely try to avoid this airport at all costs in the future.
Date VisitMarch 2018