Houston IAH

"The parking is the worst"

Not Verified | The parking is the worst. I was not able to find a parking spot and they charged me because I waste 14 minutes trying to find parking. I talked to the supervisor and the parking and they were a waste of time. I also called the customer service and they were not help at all.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"no TSA agent guiding us"

Not Verified | TSA Customs from an international flight. We arrived on a Wednesday at around 6pm. It took us 2 hours to get through Customs. There was an estimated 1000 to 2000 passengers waiting in the Terminal E to show Passports. Out of the 40 or so Customs Lanes available only 5 were being used. Once we finally got through that, our luggage was spread out all over the baggage claim area. Once we claimed our baggage, we went through TSA where we were yelled at and threated by a woman who said things like "pay attention" there was no clear guidance on anything, and "I wish one of you would lose your cool" basically trying to pick a fight. Passengers have no say so in what the policies are when going through TSA, no clear directions, no TSA agent guiding us to the right lines to get into. So unprofessional.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"One of the worst things about living in Houston is having to use IAH airport"

Not Verified | One of the worst things about living in Houston is having to use IAH airport. We must travel to France routinely to visit family, but each time we paid $300-$500 more than had we flown out of Austin, Dallas, or even LA! I just checked flights to Paris today and the difference between Houston and Austin is nearly $400 per ticket! We have driven to Austin and even Dallas before to save money when there were five of us flying, but when there is just me and my wife, we’ve had to just bite the bullet and pay the high prices.
Date VisitJune 2021

"The arrogance of the TSA here is unbelievable"

Trip Verified | Rude TSA. They yelled things like “you need to start paying attention” and “how can I do my job when people like you make it difficult?”. The arrogance of the TSA here is unbelievable. I’ll avoid this airport in the future.
Date VisitMay 2021

"They were rude and downright hostile"

Not Verified | This was by far the most stressful and negative experience in my travel history. The whole set up was a mess and the entry point to check into customs was completely out of compliance for COVID-19. They were so understaffed that we made our connection by the skin of our teeth. Never again. The worst was the absolutely bad attitude the TSA projected. They were rude and downright hostile. The only good point was the golf cart driver that was amazing. He did everything he could to get us to our gate and showed genuine empathy for our situation.
Date VisitApril 2021

"no signs to tell you where to sit or not sit"

Not Verified | The new seating is nice. There are no signs to tell you where to sit or not sit. If you aren't a frequent flyer, you will stand there looking foolish. The boarding process is a nightmare. No clear instructions. Kindergarten kids could do a better job. What a disaster.
Date VisitJanuary 2021

"airport has an impersonal, cold, robotic feel to it"

Trip Verified | I dislike this airport and avoid it as much as possible. Food prices are inflated. Most businesses do not accept cash, can’t print out a paper receipt (they want to send it to your email address or phone number). Food and other items are ordered on tablet computers. If I have to pay $10 for a taco or $6 for a cup of coffee I would like to have some human interaction. Very few vendors speak any language other than English. On the other hand, most of the vendors are friendly and polite, if you can find them. The airport is spotlessly clean and fairly comfortable for a longish layover. The airport has an impersonal, cold, robotic feel to it.
Date VisitDecember 2020

"threw away my full Starbucks"

Trip Verified | I'm sitting here listening to music and relaxing for my 6 hour layover and the trash people just came by and threw away my full Starbucks. Dont clean up when a person is clearly sitting there. You pay $6 bucks for a cup of coffee and don't even get to drink it. If I had left my seat okay, but I was sitting there, headphones in and look up they're walking away.
Date VisitNovember 2020

"Someone needs to get them in check"

Not Verified | Airline was nice and polite to customers but TSA was not! Someone needs to get them in check. I witnessed a TSA lady yell and degrade this gentleman that forgot to take change out of his pockets. She then turned around and yelled at everyone in line. Who gives them to right to treat people like that! Now if that gentleman would of stuck up for himself he would of been in the wrong! Will never fly through there again just for that! The 15 people that were in line waiting to get screen agree and will not be flying out of IAH either.
Date VisitOctober 2020

"received nothing but rudeness"

Trip Verified | American Airlines attendant was very rude. I'm on military orders and flying home finally and she was not helpful or nice when having issues checking in. TSA staff were also very rude. I asked where TSA precheck was (apparently I went to the wrong checkpoint) and did not tell me until I finally got through. The TSA staff stated "if you didn't want to take it your electronics you should have went thru TSA precheck line". Funny, I didn't know that was an option. Seems no one at this airport likes their job. I came to Texas to support the state, but received nothing but rudeness. Do not fly through Bush.
Date VisitSeptember 2020