Houston IAH

"it has been a nightmare"

Not Verified | I have decided to stop using United because they route me through Houston. The last two years I have traveled through Houston to a destination in Mexico. Both times it has been a nightmare. Departing wasn't so bad, except that I couldn't find a functioning water fountain even though I walked up and down two concourses looking for one. When I asked I was sent to one that was out of order. It is returning from Mexico that is horrendous. Even though we have Global Entry and TSA Pre, we invariably are sent on a wild goose chase (the employees don't seem to know that TSA Pre in Houston is closed and they always sent us to a different building so we can go through TSA Pre). We end up running like mad, trying to grab a sandwich and still making it to the gate in time to board. I suspect the TSA worker at Houston are some of the unhappiest. I would be too, working in such a poorly managed environment.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"such poor signage"

Not Verified | I fly quite a bit. But haven't experienced an airport with such poor signage. You can watch it everywhere. People stopping in their tracks and looking around for some sort of instructions to get to their gate. There also should be an advisory informing walking time as opposed to taking transportation. Signage to subway is poor, never saw any. Very few workers to ask. If possible, I'll avoid IAH like the plague.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"very friendly and polite"

Trip Verified | I wanted to complement the staff in the security line on the morning of January 6th. Despite it being the early morning shift, in which you encounter groggy and stiff personalities, I wanted to say that they were very friendly and polite. They greeted me with a smile and kept the line going smoothly. Also to note, my husband was wearing his San Francisco government badge and they let him pass through without being scanned. Because they did that though, he accidentally left his garment bag in the conveyor belt. Luckily I heard them announce it on the intercom. It was a a very pleasant experience and I hope to fly through again.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"the most uncomfortable waiting area"

Trip Verified | Houston International Terminal C has the most uncomfortable waiting area I have ever experienced. Tables with iPads and charging stations everywhere. Chairs bolt to the ground. What normal seat that is available is limited to one row per cate. The club music from the bar floods the terminal. One review says this terminal is “Sexy”. Yes that may be a good thing for a night out clubbing but not waiting for an international flight. Thankfully I didn’t have a delay or long layover.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"Stuck trying to get to gate"

Not Verified | Stuck trying to get to gate for 2 hours on airport tarmac. Seen other flights moving in and out, but my Spirit flight was halted, supposed to have been at gate at 10:45 didn’t arrive til 12:45, don’t know if I will have a room anymore at my hotel because of the delay. There weren’t weather issues if other planes were departing, so what was the issue?
Date VisitDecember 2018

"no food or drink for over 8hrs!"

Not Verified | My flight was delayed for over 8hrs. All I had on me was cash. Nothing in the whole place would take my money. I was stuck with no food or drink for over 8hrs! They wouldn't let me go outside to smoke. If I did I wouldn't be able to get back in til morning! So I'm stuck, can't eat, can't smoke. Customer service said there was nothing they could do for me. They were rude and acted like I was a pain to them! Never ever fly into Houston IAH! If your flight is delayed you will be trapped! Customer service is a joke! Why haven't any of these issues been solved yet.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"Rudest security agent"

Rudest security agent had ever encountered in my 36 years travel experience. My flight was going to Paris from Houston, IAH. While I was going through security check to enter into airport gate, this agent had practically insulted me. Whenever I was putting my carry on luggage on the belt, she said "who told you to put it on?", so I pulled it back down and waited for her to allow me to put it on the belt. Then when the person ahead of me moved to the front, I moved forward as well, then she said "stop, who told you to move?". At this point, I was about to explore, so I took a long look at her, then she shut up. I had to calm myself down and told myself to just swallow it and don't make any trouble. I don't know if this was employee of airport or airline? I definitely had the worse day.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"give this airport a big zero"

Not Verified | The iPads are a great idea, but why can’t you just make an order with the bartender when they aren’t busy? Why so much emphasis on zero human interaction? I give this airport a big zero because I’d always rather be at home but especially when I have a long layover in Houston.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"this airport needs functionality"

Not Verified | Landed at this airport on 11/04/18 via United Airlines. This airport is entirely too big to function effectively. The gates are to far apart, so do some inquires before hand to see which gate you land at and which one you will depart. As for me, I was asked to go to gate C from gate A. Quite a journey due to my heart surgery. There was absolutely no one to help me go from gate to gate, even though they had numerous empty golf type carts. An IAH employee called 3 separate times for a pick up for me but no one ever showed up. This airport is more concerned with the shops/restaurants than with passenger safety. I am a true Texan at heart but this airport needs functionality instead of being a big broken Texas mess. I will not be traveling through this airport ever again. You have officially lost my trust.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"only one TSA agent verifying tickets"

Not Verified | I have never had issues with this airport. I have flown in and out of Bush for years now. I had a flight that departed IAH at 5.15am on Saturday morning. I arrived at the airport early, as I always do, just in case something unexpected happens. I guess I should've given myself four hours because the line to get into security was around 200 people deep with only one TSA agent verifying tickets and identifications. I waited in that line forever. Then, my flight was scheduled to leave in 10 minutes. I knew I wasn't going to make it because there wasn't enough staff to accommodate the growing number of passengers entering the security line. There was another TSA agent, but he was just sitting there helping the small line of TSA-Pre Check. When there wasn't anyone in the Pre-Check line, he just sat there in his chair and didn't even bother helping the growing line. Once I got up to the TSA agent, she met me with anger. She was rude and didn't even communicate to me with words! She just motioned me to move to the side without any explanation. I had to wait another 10 minutes, and by that time, my flight had already left the gate. I am very dissatisfied with my experience. Why was there only one TSA agent? I'd probably be rude to customers too if I was the only one working that terminal with a line of 200 people and growing. If you're going to the airport, just remember to be there maybe about six hours before your flight, because you never know how short staffed they will be on any given day.
Date VisitJuly 2018