Hamad Doha Airport

"Lack of aerobridge for certain flights"

Trip Verified | Landed from Munich and there was no aerobridge but a bus waiting to drive us to the airport. Security scans before entering gates for transfer. Security scans again when we went to gate. We could not bring water onboard even though we bought them after the first security scan. Gate information limited - we could not see which gates we had to go to even 3 hours out. Good shopping for luxury goods. Food court selection limited. Overall, clean airport, good shopping, friendly staff. Lack of aerobridge for certain flights and ability to see gate information only about 2.5 hrs ahead of a big airport are the downsides.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"points that could be improved"

Trip Verified | The airport is decent however, there are some points that could be improved. The transportation to the city is only given by taxis or local bus (which don't show much in english or have clear stations in the city). Also, the resting areas are usually quite crowded. In general, the airport is clean and organized. Especially for premium class passengers is more service available. Prices for food and products are high.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"total incompetence"

Not Verified | I bought duty free alcohol at Doha Airport, but staff packaged it incorrectly, so when I arrive at Heathrow airport, I was told that although my duty free was within the allowance allowed, it would still be confiscated due to incorrect packaging by duty free shop. Customs at Heathrow claimed that this was normal for Doha as they are constantly have to confiscate duty free item brought in from Doha due to them not complying with the agreed regulations. It cost me money and a lot of unnecessary agro due to their total incompetence.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"massive and wonderful airport"

(Qatar)

Not Verified | One of the best in the world. And I would like to point a small matter that is baggage clearance is bit late. It takes more than 1 hour to get baggage. May be security reason. Other than that HIA is a massive and wonderful airport.
Date VisitApril 2018

"terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | The airport is clean and modern but I went out for a city tour as I had 16 hours to wait, so that meant I had to go through security control twice and both times I saw extremely terrible customer service from the female staff member working there. This wasn’t only with me, I saw other people also frustrated and angry with this matter. These ladies were extremely rude and arrogant. As if they were mad at us or something! They were constantly gossiping and laughing and talking to each other (instead of doing their jobs), but when it came to the customers, they wouldn’t even answer your simple “Hello”! Come on Doha, what kind of attitude is that?
Date VisitDecember 2018

"Fantastic airport"

Trip Verified | Fantastic airport. From the selection of shops/restaurants and lounges. Very clean and comfortable. Easy to find your way around the airport too. Very modern.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"a very modern up to date airport"

Trip Verified | This is a very modern up to date airport, everything there works well, countless staff are availble to help your transit go smoothly, one little annoyance is that with smaller planes generally, you could be bused to the aircraft stand, rather out dated now, and you have to climb the aircraft steps complete with your hand luggage, no fun.The buisiness lounges are good, but beware finding a seat to enjoy a meal will be harder than you think. Food on offer is o.k but rather mundane, with nothing very special, much the same goes for their inflight food nowerdays, Emirates seem to have done a bit better than Qatar with the food. All in all a good airport to travel through.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"atmosphere is strange"

Not Verified | Where to begin. The atmosphere is strange in this airport. On way to Europe, the sign to our gate was ambiguous and the gate was on a lower level, so we walked for what seemed like forever. On the way back to Australia, the cafes are a rip off. Overpriced coffee and in some cases they can't be bothered making it on the machine and they use a thermos to pour preprepared coffee into your cup. This happened to me and they dared to charge me the equivalent of 8 AUD for a coffee. Ridiculous. My travel partner, despite not setting off the alarm through security was patted down and treated like he was a criminal for the hell of it. Went to another cafe to look for cold water. One fridge was turned off or broken and they had no sign at all. Come on. Then when it came to the transfer of my duty free purchases to the gate (based on new Australian laws apparently requiring this or maybe it's Qatar's rules), they forgot one of my purchases. I told the staffer that I wasn't getting on the plane until they transferred it. He was trying to tell me that I didn't give him my receipt, when I did. In the end they brought my purchase to the gate. Not impressed. Next time I go to Europe I'm flying Emirates. Don't bother with the coffee shops at this airport. Too expensive and bland. Sydney is much better in terms of food quality and price.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"professional and friendly"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | The airport provides excellent services, the information desk staff are very helpful. If you have special request they would be glad to help. Checkin and passport control staff are professional and friendly. Any staff helps you even if he is not assigned to whatever you are asking him. They also have professional team of paramedics.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"did not feel stressed or anxious"

Trip Verified | Connected here on a journey from Calcutta to JFK. Had a little over two hours which was sufficient - I did not feel stressed or anxious. The security area between arrival and departure looks chaotic and is crowded. The boards listing flights and gates are hard to read or to figure out your own flight. I went to the business class lounge which was busy with lots of people and a wide range of eating options. Attendants in bathrooms kept them clean but they are omnipresent and watching. In the five times I have used the lounge, I have not been able to take a shower. There are always long lines with waits up to two hours. This is a huge airport with soaring ceilings and lots of shops. The flight to the US required additional security screening. The language capabilities of the airport staff could be better. Of the two one stop options between JFK and CCU, the transfer at Hong Kong is more refined as compared to Doha.
Date VisitOctober 2018