Frankfurt Main Airport

(Greece)

Extremely depressing low ceilings artificial light. Flow of passengers inconsistent with logic.I t seems to have a derelict atmosphere and is not fitted to be a Star alliance hub. On the plus side nice food courts and upscale shops. And of course Terminal 2 -welcome to the future of travel and what I call a nice luminous and well designed terminal. Overall the airport is in serious need of major overhaul

(Japan)

I used this airport for the first time as a transit passenger. On the outward trip the flight landed at B gates and the trip to Amsterdam took off from B13. I had to pass through passport control and security check but was ushered through the section for Business Class passengers and so avoided much queuing. The relative absence of signs and the general layout seemed confusing especially compared with an airport like Osaka Kansai which I regularly use. On the return trip however the plane landed at one of the remoter gates in Terminal A. On the way I asked at the information desk in English and the lady kindly answered in very flawless German that I had to go through a tunnel. Since the shuttle was not operating the walk from this gate to B26 was easily as long as at Schiphol where I had just come from. The Business Class lounge was not far from the gate and the facilities were reasonable.

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

Had to use Terminal 2 the other day. Crazy transportation concept: you can take your luggage trolley up the escalators to the platform for the inter-terminal train but they won't allow you to take the trolley into the rail cars! The gate for my flight was not shown in the check- in area despite the fact that the incoming flight had arrived and docked some 1 hour earlier.

(Italy)

Used the Lufthansa dedicated terminal what a world of difference! Connecting to another terminal or even another satellite isn't exactly the best experience an improvement of services is to be expected since the airport is currently under refurbishing. Restrooms and travel services will hopefully improve as many small things are up to the individual politeness of the staff of each shop inside the airport. Will rather choose Munich when flying Lufthansa again.

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

BA flight to Heathrow at 07.25 from terminal 2 - no business lounge open in the terminal - is this Leeds/Bradford or an international airport? Security staff rude and miserable - I'm not happy to be up at that time of Saturday either but I can still smile. FRA is always being held up as some big threat to Heathrow but give me T5 anytime - Frankfurt is a very poor ambassador for a friendly country.

(Venezuela)

FRA airport it is a big airport and a main airport to interconnect around the world. I use this airport as my interconnecting airport between North/South America with Middle East and Asia and I find it easy to get around good sign postings very polite and helpful staff everywhere. The facilities shops and restaurants are more than sufficient and with a wide variety.

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

A horrible layout with frequently unpleasant staff (especially security) to add icing on the cake. Heaven forbid you're making a connection and your arrival and departure are from different wings or different terminals. Even if they're both Schengen (or non-Schengen as my recent trip was) you'll wind up going through security at least once. And of course if you don't like the food and shopping options in the arm of the terminal you're in your only option is to yes wade through a security checkpoint all over again! The problem is compounded by poor signage often courtesy of Lufthansa (could someone please instruct them that white lettering on a yellow background is not a readable choice). At one point I didn't even notice I had exited one security zone to enter another until I was almost past it (no sign saying "Leaving secure zone" only a "no entry" sign facing the other way!). When I asked the security officer who saw me there trying to see what the other side of the sign said he forced me to go through the security line all over again if I wanted to turn back! Of course this wouldn't be nearly as big of a problem if each section of each terminal had adequate food and shopping options but all but one of them most emphatically do not. International travelers going through a major hub expect more choices (without a trip through security) than just one sit-down restaurant one coffee shop one news stand and a duty-free! I won't even get started on the small infrequent and hard-to-find restrooms. That said if your destination/departure is Frankfurt the range of ground transport options hotels and car hire makes it quite convenient. For everone else I'd much rather connect through a modern efficient hub like Amsterdam or Zurich!

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

This has to be the worst unfriendly airport I have had the pleasure to transit through!! My advice as many others have said in this forum is to avoid it. They cut off padlocks from our luggage when in transit and ruined our suitcases. No explanation or note left or anything. They also confiscated a 1 ltr bottle of Baileys Irish Cream which we had bought at Domodedovo in Moscow. It was purchased from duty free and sealed in a plastic bag with receipt. They simply asked where we had travelled from and when we replied Moscow they took our alcohol and put it in the rubbish bin. We were only in transit not even entering their country! Staff rude and place confusing.

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

Overall Frankfurt is okay but not particularly cutting edge. I often fly to the UK from it and hate the fact that you have to go through security twice. For flights to the UK you go through the main security area but then have to go through a smaller security right before the gate. Usually when I am traveling it is with my young son and after hauling all my luggage through security number two to the gate waiting area I have been dismayed to see that the toilet is outside the gate and before security. I then have to haul all my stuff back out of the gate to use the toilet and then go through the security line all over again. What idiot puts toilets outside of the gate and security? At least put a sign warning people there are none in the gate waiting area!

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

Even though it was the beginning of the holiday season queues were fairly short and security took me about 3min (Business). Check-in was no problem either. There is sufficient choice of shops and restaurants. FRA is always very clean even though the design lacks some colors everything is gray. Staff polite they don't smile as much as Asian employees but what do you expect in Europe. I cannot understand why most people here complain about FRA airport. It's a big airport